Forums/Armchair-GM

Big Time Changes

Créé par: Meeqs
Équipe: 2022-23 Panthers de la Floride
Date de création initiale: 27 juill. 2022
Publié: 27 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The goal is to win now and make big changes.

Try to get less cap tied up in goaltending

Add depth and balance out the defense

Bring in players who can drive play on a line themselves and try and sell high on a few positions of depth.
Transactions
FLA
  1. Gibson, John
  2. Stolarz, Anthony
Détails additionnels:
Ana gets Knight for the future and doesn't really care about Bobs cap hit that much
ANA
  1. Bobrovsky, Sergei
  2. Hörnqvist, Patric
  3. Knight, Spencer
Détails additionnels:
FLA keeps a strong starter and clears cap space
FLA
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse
Détails additionnels:
EDM needs to clear cap space and while nothing special, I do think this is where the market is at in terms of a realistic return.
EDM
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
Détails additionnels:
Helps bring in some size and depth on the wing.
FLA
  1. Gourde, Yanni
  2. Soucy, Carson
Détails additionnels:
SEA gets younger and a little more dynamic for the future.
SEA
  1. Bennett, Sam
  2. Denisenko, Grigori
  3. Montour, Brandon
Détails additionnels:
Fla gets a little older and better in the now and balances out their defense a bit.
FLA
  1. Girard, Samuel
Détails additionnels:
COL gets a cost controlled center who could be ready to take a step forward if surrounded by a strong supporting cast.
COL
  1. Lundell, Anton
Détails additionnels:
Fla gets a legit top end Dman in Girard who can play on either of the top 2 pairs and is signed to an excellent deal long term and is only 24. Will dramatically help replace what the team lost in Weegar and can keep Forsling where he is best
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de FLA
Logo de ARI
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de PHI
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de CGY
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
Logo de FLA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $82 462 500 $637 500 $0 $37 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
AG
UFA - 3
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
5 166 666 $5 166 666 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
2 666 667 $2 666 667 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
855 000 $855 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 juill. 2022 à 11 h 51
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,440
I posted a Toews (with extension) for Lundell trade that would happen after the year, so I'm on board with your logic there. I'm not sure either team does it now, but the premise makes sense. I think both teams give up something they don't want to lose but also address an area of need.
27 juill. 2022 à 11 h 57
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Florida wouldn’t probably accept the ducks and Edmonton trades , don’t think there’s a chance they would do the the Avs /kraken trades
27 juill. 2022 à 12 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 710
Lundell has more value than girard. If they wouldn’t trade him for chychrun then he’s definitely not going for girard.
27 juill. 2022 à 12 h 16
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4
This is a fun one, good job! Market is really hard to predict so your guesses are as good as anyone's. Really like the Anaheim trade for both teams. In case Gibson doesn't suck.
27 juill. 2022 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 417
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
I posted a Toews (with extension) for Lundell trade that would happen after the year, so I'm on board with your logic there. I'm not sure either team does it now, but the premise makes sense. I think both teams give up something they don't want to lose but also address an area of need.

I don't think Col trades Toews under any circumstance ever. I think thats just fan foolishness personally.

Most trades are teams trading from a position of depth to fill a position of need and this is simply that.

You will find varying thoughts but I personally think that the defense is a big BIG problem now that Weegar is gone and I think its a good opportunity to buy a little low on a dman like Girard, especially looking at the alternatives like Chychrun who Fla likely doesn't have the assets for anymore but should have gotten instead of wasting so many assets on futures the past few months.
27 juill. 2022 à 12 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Db1899
Florida wouldn’t probably accept the ducks and Edmonton trades , don’t think there’s a chance they would do the the Avs /kraken trades

The Ana trade is the one I think is the most fun. There is one involving swapping Bob for Gru which is kind of neat as well but has other risks.

EDM trade is pretty standard, nothing too crazy to talk about there.

I REALLY think FLA needs to move on from Bennett asap while his value is high because I think he is going to fall off hard now that Hubby isn't carrying him, but finding a spot is tricky. Now that SEA has Wright/Berniers and just signed McCann I think a swap getting Gourde who is more of a win now player makes sense for both sides. SEA gets a player with a bit more grit who fits their timeline and FLA gets a center who can actually carry a line and gives them a lot of options being able to play all 3 positions
27 juill. 2022 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,440
Quoting: Meeqs
I don't think Col trades Toews under any circumstance ever. I think thats just fan foolishness personally.

Most trades are teams trading from a position of depth to fill a position of need and this is simply that.

You will find varying thoughts but I personally think that the defense is a big BIG problem now that Weegar is gone and I think its a good opportunity to buy a little low on a dman like Girard, especially looking at the alternatives like Chychrun who Fla likely doesn't have the assets for anymore but should have gotten instead of wasting so many assets on futures the past few months.

Toews will be 30 when his next deal kicks in, and he may be looking for big money. Roster building requires tradeoffs. Girard will be in his mid-20s at the same time and under contract.

Obviously who they move (if anyone) will depend on numerous factors that are up in the air, one of which being the potential need for a 2C. Long story short, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility that the team moves Toews. I think they'd rather trade Manson after two years, but that wouldn't bring the same return.
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hockey91
Lundell has more value than girard. If they wouldn’t trade him for chychrun then he’s definitely not going for girard.

So a few things here.

1) I don't agree that Lundell has more value than Girard, I think thats just fan bias. Its similar at worst.
2) The issue with Chychrun is that ARZ wants A LOT for him and ideally would have mostly wanted a boat load of futures. I DO think he is who FLA should have gotten with the assets they wasted on the rentals at the TDL, but IF ARZ was open to a 1 for 1 swap I think that would also be a valid choice. That said I think Girard has the better contract, doesn't have the same injury concerns, and personally I think he is likely also the better player but that would depend on how you value a few things. I also think Lundell holds more value to COL than he would to ARZ.
3) The point of this thread is that FLA is trying to win now. They have no futures at this point and their team isn't getting cheaper. So while fans love to overhype young players, I think trading players who's value is more in what they could be, rather than what they are right now is the correct path, especially when they are in roles that are very easy to replace and aren't as vital to overall success (like 3c and back up goalie)
4) FLA has 4 top 6 centers and DESPERATELY needs defensive help. Barkov isn't moving and I don't personally think Bennett holds much value, certainly not enough to get back a high end Dman. So that leaves your options as trading Reinhart who is a bit more expensive but a better player right now and flexible in where he can play, or Lundell who is cheaper and you would have to hope would grow into his prime. Considering FLA has no futures, and wingers hold 0 value atm this is the obvious path to fixing this issue.

Ultimately when you trade any player of value there will be fans that don't agree, especially on a team like FLA where each has valid pro's and cons. However the team is in a really difficult place after the last 3 trades the team has went with. Until they seriously fix their defense I don't think they can win, and they also don't have a lot of time to do so. The only way I see FLA building a contender is by making very bold moves imo
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 6
The Ana trade is the one I think is the most fun. There is one involving swapping Bob for Gru which is kind of neat as well but has other risks.

EDM trade is pretty standard, nothing too crazy to talk about there.

I REALLY think FLA needs to move on from Bennett asap while his value is high because I think he is going to fall off hard now that Hubby isn't carrying him, but finding a spot is tricky. Now that SEA has Wright/Berniers and just signed McCann I think a swap getting Gourde who is more of a win now player makes sense for both sides. SEA gets a player with a bit more grit who fits their timeline and FLA gets a center who can actually carry a line and gives them a lot of options being able to play all 3 positions

Bennett played well away from Huberdeau in terms of driving play, his production is definitely going to fall off a bit without Huberdeau - but his contract is still very good for what he brings. His value will never be higher but he might be too important to the panthers
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Toews will be 30 when his next deal kicks in, and he may be looking for big money. Roster building requires tradeoffs. Girard will be in his mid-20s at the same time and under contract.

Obviously who they move (if anyone) will depend on numerous factors that are up in the air, one of which being the potential need for a 2C. Long story short, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility that the team moves Toews. I think they'd rather trade Manson after two years, but that wouldn't bring the same return.

Again I think its fan foolishness. Worrying about his 'next deal' is an entirely irrelevant and nothing but fans worrying about their own fears. Anyone who makes decisions based on it doesn't have an opinion worth listening too.

Colorado is a team in total win now mode. Their window is the next 4ish years, the long term is irrelevant, all that matters is the now. They have a top 5 dman signed for cheap for 2 years and they have legitimate cap issues. With the utmost respect, anyone who thinks they would ever move him is a fool
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 710
So a few things here.

1) I don't agree that Lundell has more value than Girard, I think thats just fan bias. Its similar at worst.
2) The issue with Chychrun is that ARZ wants A LOT for him and ideally would have mostly wanted a boat load of futures. I DO think he is who FLA should have gotten with the assets they wasted on the rentals at the TDL, but IF ARZ was open to a 1 for 1 swap I think that would also be a valid choice. That said I think Girard has the better contract, doesn't have the same injury concerns, and personally I think he is likely also the better player but that would depend on how you value a few things. I also think Lundell holds more value to COL than he would to ARZ.
3) The point of this thread is that FLA is trying to win now. They have no futures at this point and their team isn't getting cheaper. So while fans love to overhype young players, I think trading players who's value is more in what they could be, rather than what they are right now is the correct path, especially when they are in roles that are very easy to replace and aren't as vital to overall success (like 3c and back up goalie)
4) FLA has 4 top 6 centers and DESPERATELY needs defensive help. Barkov isn't moving and I don't personally think Bennett holds much value, certainly not enough to get back a high end Dman. So that leaves your options as trading Reinhart who is a bit more expensive but a better player right now and flexible in where he can play, or Lundell who is cheaper and you would have to hope would grow into his prime. Considering FLA has no futures, and wingers hold 0 value atm this is the obvious path to fixing this issue.

Ultimately when you trade any player of value there will be fans that don't agree, especially on a team like FLA where each has valid pro's and cons. However the team is in a really difficult place after the last 3 trades the team has went with. Until they seriously fix their defense I don't think they can win, and they also don't have a lot of time to do so. The only way I see FLA building a contender is by making very bold moves imo

Lundell is on a elc with team control for 8 more seasons. Right now he’s a perfect 2c who’s only getting better. That’s more valuable that a defenseman who was hurt last year and didn’t even help his team win the cup. As for potential girard is what he is. Lundell should be a ppg player while playing great in his own zone. He’s not worth anyone one for one unless it’s similar potential and skill coming back.that said bennett is the one who should be traded for girard whether it’s one v one or a pick is added I dont care. But that’s what should be done
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 10
So a few things here.

Lundell has the makeup of a future 1C, what hes done since his draft year puts him on an elite two way 1C trajectory. The price to acquire him would be so excessive that it's not worth it for any team to trade for him. He also has 2 ELC years left. Also Florida's core is still relatively young. Barkov, Tkachuk, Lundell, Ekblad, Verhaeghe, Knight are all under 30. They need 1 top 4 caliber D and they should be set to contend.
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Bennett played well away from Huberdeau in terms of driving play, his production is definitely going to fall off a bit without Huberdeau - but his contract is still very good for what he brings. His value will never be higher but he might be too important to the panthers

Imo Bennett is a gritty 3c who had such good chemistry with elite wingers they were able to elevate him to a 2c. Now that they are gone, and there isn't a good replacement I think his game is going to drop off quite substantially. However I do think there is a window where FLA could get some team to buy high on him before that happens, thusly making it an ideal time to move him if you can find a right deal.

If you want to take the risk that based on a small sample size he still is a primary play diver then you could keep him (the SEA deal is more of a swap more or less) but if you are wrong you will be stuck with him and have one fewer option when it comes to improving the team
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Lundell has the makeup of a future 1C, what hes done since his draft year puts him on an elite two way 1C trajectory. The price to acquire him would be so excessive that it's not worth it for any team to trade for him. He also has 2 ELC years left. Also Florida's core is still relatively young. Barkov, Tkachuk, Lundell, Ekblad, Verhaeghe, Knight are all under 30. They need 1 top 4 caliber D and they should be set to contend.

I'm a huge fan of Lundell. In a 3c role surrounded by talented players he excelled. I think he showed so well that I think if a team played him up in the lineup as a 2c surrounded by more talent he could find success there as well.

Pretending he is a 1c however is simply showing massive bias on your part, and pretending FLA is anything but in absolute win now mode is silly, even if some of their players are young.
27 juill. 2022 à 13 h 45
I'm a huge fan of Lundell. In a 3c role surrounded by talented players he excelled. I think he showed so well that I think if a team played him up in the lineup as a 2c surrounded by more talent he could find success there as well.

Pretending he is a 1c however is simply showing massive bias on your part, and pretending FLA is anything but in absolute win now mode is silly, even if some of their players are young.

I never said Lundell was a 1C right now, im saying there is a high chance he gets to that level within the next 3 years. From Byron Baders prospect model, Lundell has a 70% chance at turning into a star. For a 20 YO center in his rookie season, he showed he has a future as a 1C.

They are trying to win now and in the future. Florida isn’t going to throw away their future to win now though. Their window isn’t closing anytime soon . And Zito has shown the ability to find undervalued players. Expect that to continue

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage