Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

23 juill. 2022 à 5 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 449
Quoting: CapFriendly
Trade confirmed: Calgary Flames - Florida Panthers

Not a great trade as both weegar and huberdeau are both expiring this year. Probably deadline takes to recover more assets.
23 juill. 2022 à 6 h 9
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: LeeW
Which is?

Pacioretty for free
23 juill. 2022 à 6 h 58
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Florida trading Huberdeau blows my mind... guess he wants to play for Montreal too?

Calgary gets the better forward, and one of the better defenders in the league... and a 1st round pick... and a prospect... holy mama
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 3
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
I know Huberdeau’s a UFA this upcoming year but like why? You’ve just traded a good complimentary 1st pair D a 1st and Cole Schwindt to get someone with more term as a 1st line winger
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 5
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
Huberdeau had 11 more points thank Tkachuk this year!!!
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 19
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
I initially indicated how Calgary won this trade ... and they did. However, instead of a 29 yr old playing with Barkov, now you've got Tkachuk on the top line with Reinhardt on the other side. Um, this might backfire on you Otts for offloading potential White, we'll see later on.
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 20
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Florida says hold my beer to Columbus and Vegas for the worst trade by light years.
Andy_Dick, oneX et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 34
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,380
If it was just Tkachuk for Huberdeau straight up, it would be a lot more fair.

Calgary wins the trade.
Gmonwy a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,421
Trades like this get GM's Fired WTF WAS ZITO THINKING
23 juill. 2022 à 7 h 47
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 688
Not a fan of this trade. Florida gave up WAY too much.
23 juill. 2022 à 8 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 475
Wow, Florida now has to be the most stupid team in the entire NHL! There the new Vegas, whenever there is a shiny new toy available they’ll throw away the ones they have to make room for it. If Hooby and Weegar both resign with Calgary that is a HUGE win for them, but either way it’s a massive Panthers L. I can’t wait to see them completely fall apart in a matter of time.
23 juill. 2022 à 8 h 36
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Pacioretty for free

True 😂
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 8 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Florida paid for Tkatchuk, 20 Games of Ben chiarot and Giroux

Huberdeau
Weegar
1rst 2023
1rst 2024
1rst 2025
Owen Tippett
2 prospect

Not a good asset management especially the unprotected first to Montreal
JeyCH22 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 8 h 43
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
I dont understand why people think Calgary won this trade by getting 2 soon to be free agents.

Obviously both teams didn't pulled the trigger without talking to the player's agents to learn their expectations for a new contract. Then FLO resigned Tkachuk right away..., WHERE IS CGY CONTRACTS EXTENSIONS!.!?!

Until proven wrong, getting 2 rentals is a bad return, however skilled, for a 24 y.o. +100pts rfa power foward.

I can see the drama coming in CGY. Contract saga all season and the team forced to flip Huberdeau and Weegar at TDL while being in a playoff spot. Yuk.
Chigurrhh et JeyCH22 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,628
Quoting: jpsnow13

I can see the drama coming in CGY. Contract saga all season and the team forced to flip Huberdeau and Weegar at TDL while being in a playoff spot. Yuk.

They can flip Huberdeau for two 1st pick + and Weegar one 1st pick +

Thats a great return (four 1st and more) for Tkachuk if its how it turns out
JeyCH22 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 9
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Quoting: pinslack

*four low 1st. None of them will be top 20. So closer in value to 2nds than to the 1st overall.

And having to explain to your fans why you are doing a fire sale before getting in the playoffs....
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 15
Chiggy
Mentions "j'aime": 590
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Florida trading Huberdeau blows my mind... guess he wants to play for Montreal too?

Calgary gets the better forward, and one of the better defenders in the league... and a 1st round pick... and a prospect... holy mama

Tkachuk is the better forward, five years younger, and isn’t a liability defensively. Why do people ignore Huberdeau’s poor defense? Also people ignoring the contract?
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 16
Chiggy
Quoting: pinslack

They should do that but they probably aren’t.
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 17
Chiggy
I dont understand why people think Calgary won this trade by getting 2 soon to be free agents.

Obviously both teams didn't pulled the trigger without talking to the player's agents to learn their expectations for a new contract. Then FLO resigned Tkachuk right away..., WHERE IS CGY CONTRACTS EXTENSIONS!.!?!

Until proven wrong, getting 2 rentals is a bad return, however skilled, for a 24 y.o. +100pts rfa power foward.

People are ignoring the contracts, ages, and the fact that Tkachuk is a much better two-way player than Tkachuk. Florida wins by a big margin if there are sitting there in a year with 25-year-old Tkachuk is signed for 7 more years and Calgary is left with a first round pick.
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 24
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
The nhl version of the Herschel Walker trade only with way less assets going both ways
23 juill. 2022 à 9 h 59
JetBoi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Quoting: Random2152
Holy ****. Capital B Blockbuster.
This is fun. Is this what the NBA feels like all the time?

Seriously what the hell is the Atlantic divison? This arms race is just getting silly.

And with everything going on, will Huberdeau want to stay in Calgary? His contract is up soon. Weegar's contract is up too btw. I don't see why not but I didn't see why not with Tkachuk or Gaudreau either so.

Anyway time to be controversial: Huberdeau is a great playmaker, one of the best, but he is very one dimensional in his talents and as such gets overrated. Weegar is great so that helps to even it out but with the contracts I'd rather Tkachuk signed for 8 years at 9.5.

Literally who cares about a 1st in the year 3000. Time value is a thing people. That guy won't play until 2030.

I like this for Florida much more than for Calgary. They should have gone for a futures package and rebuilt (Lundell, etc from Florida). They weren't good enough before, just got worse and if they can't sign Huberdeau they are ****ed. And now they have missed on the top of the 2023 draft class too. Not that its a bad return, hell its a good return but I just don't think its the RIGHT return

Everything you write makes sense, but holy smokes, the balls on Calgary to pull off a trade like this. This shows they are serious about staying competitive, for better or worse.
23 juill. 2022 à 10 h 4
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
Just woke up. Can't believe I missed the discourse for this smh.

It's certainly weird... I keep going back and forth for BOTH teams. Florida gave up 2 players which combined are bigger than Chucky, but got a 24 year old for 8 years. I'm wondering if they were gonna let weegar and hubs go dye to age/money and thought "might as well let them leave a year early if it ensures we get Tkachuk".

On Calgary end, they need to rebuild/reload but if they can trade them for pretty prices at the TDL, they'd be getting a big overall haul

I guess if Florida looked at it as "okay, we are getting eight years of tkachuk for one year of hubs, one year of weegar, a first and a prospect" it makes it feel better
23 juill. 2022 à 10 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 61

Yeah I was thinking about that...
So if you are Calgary, and you want to avoid trading them while in a playoff spot, do you trade them in the next few days?
Also, I read that Hubby accepted to modify his no-trade list to be moved to Calgary. So there must be some kind of agreement in terms of AAV or of a futur move to a contender.

I think you have to be winning the trade if you end up trading Tkachuk for 3 to 5 first-rounders.
(in picks and/or in prospects)
23 juill. 2022 à 11 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141

Literally the only way this is a bad trade for Calgary is if they decide to let them walk in free agency (and don't win the Cup in the process).

*four low 1st. None of them will be top 20. So closer in value to 2nds than to the 1st overall.

And having to explain to your fans why you are doing a fire sale before getting in the playoffs....

After what happened with Gaudreau and Tkachuk, the fans all understand the situation.

Trades for guys like Huberdeau and Weegar would almost certainly be based around top prospects in addition to picks.

Quoting: budgeteam
I think they end up moving Weegar to Ottawa later this week for something like a protected 2023 1st Round Pick, Alex Formenton, and Nikita Zaitsev.

Nobody is taking Formenton as a key part of a trade until the current scandal is resolved. As for the idea of the pick being protected, no way, any trade for a top pairing defenseman like Weegar would require an unprotected 1st.
23 juill. 2022 à 11 h 28
feelsbadman
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 88
The Panthers are the oilers but with a poorman’s mcjesus and dry

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage