SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #9 - The Demise (Revival?) of Calgary

24 juill. 2022 à 21 h 25
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: oilersguy
I think it is alright and I really how it has the older style NHL logo but to me it looks a bit to similar a Whalers jerseys

im a sucker for the old black skate Jersey.
Juiceman et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2022 à 21 h 51
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: Db1899
I feel like most fans consider Heiskanen to be in the 9-20 range among defenseman, but there's a very good case that hes already top 5, which is why I think hes underrated.

Oh yeah he’s top 5 for sure. Makar, Fox, McAvoy, Heiskanen, and Hedman in no particular order. Josi and Ekblad are close, but not close enough. Josi was top 5 this year, but I don’t think he’ll keep it up.

Except Makar and Heiskanen, not one of these defensemen carried their team to the final.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2022 à 22 h 1
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: DirtyDangle
im a sucker for the old black skate Jersey.

Black skate jersey makes me drool. They should make it the permanent 3rd jersey
DirtyDangle et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2022 à 22 h 4
retired
Quoting: Juiceman
Black skate jersey makes me drool. They should make it the permanent 3rd jersey

definitely one of the goats in the jersey game. they need to bring it back in some way.
Juiceman et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2022 à 22 h 7
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: DirtyDangle
definitely one of the goats in the jersey game. they need to bring it back in some way.

Last year we brought it back and spanked Calgary 7-1. Was probably the highlight of last year.

This guy foreshadowed Gaudreau’s departure
DirtyDangle, kdawg32086, BuFfaLOFaN and 4 others a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2022 à 22 h 30
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,244
Quoting: Juiceman
Chabot shouldn’t be there

Beat me to it.
Juiceman et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 2 h 20
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

DucharmetheDOMinator et zk97 a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 3 h 45
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 228
When does the arbitration results start coming in?
25 juill. 2022 à 5 h 33
retired
Quoting: HelmutCool
When does the arbitration results start coming in?

cases are settled within 2 days of the hearing.
25 juill. 2022 à 8 h 44
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Literally 4 other 2022 picks are ranked ahead of Slafkovsky in Wheeler's latest top 50 drafted prospects.
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 8 h 48
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: SevenLeg
Literally 4 other 2022 picks are ranked ahead of Slafkovsky in Wheeler's latest top 50 drafted prospects.

Slafkovsky is my #1-2, I'd only take Cooley above him, but that's not a debate I'm willing to have to I'd flex those guys between 1-2. Then Jiricek and Nemec 3-4 and Wright 5. After watching the was Wright was acting on draft day and before I don't like his attitude at all, he either is going to be Bergeron 2.0 or just an average NHLer.
25 juill. 2022 à 8 h 50
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Slafkovsky is my #1-2, I'd only take Cooley above him, but that's not a debate I'm willing to have to I'd flex those guys between 1-2. Then Jiricek and Nemec 3-4 and Wright 5. After watching the was Wright was acting on draft day and before I don't like his attitude at all, he either is going to be Bergeron 2.0 or just an average NHLer.

I'd have -

1.Wright
2.Nemec/Slafkovsky
3.Slafkovsky/Nemec
4. Jiricek
5. Cooley

I understand the top of the draft was a crapshoot, but having Matthew Savoie over Slaf is certainly a choice. The 2022 draftees are super hard to rank with the sample size we have, Wheeler has Hutson (#62) over Kasper (#8)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 8 h 55
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

Without seeing I’m assuming Nemec, Cooley, and maybe Wright or Jiricek (or both), with potentially Savoie?

I think it’s fair to value the two RD highly as getting a number 1 RD is something NHL drool over. Wright and Cooley both have a case but I don’t think it’s anything to really take much face value over. They’re still so fresh we have to see another year go by.

Who’s his top 10?

Personally I have Wallstedt as 1/2 overall.

I'd have -

1.Wright
2.Nemec/Slafkovsky
3.Slafkovsky/Nemec
4. Jiricek
5. Cooley

I understand the top of the draft was a crapshoot, but having Matthew Savoie over Slaf is certainly a choice

Lmao so he did have Savoie over Slaf. Pretty bold. I mean once SJS lost Savoie I can see a shadow of why they traded down. It was so close to grabbing at 11th and honestly I think Savoie should have went 5th.
25 juill. 2022 à 8 h 56
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: yikes
Without seeing I’m assuming Nemec, Cooley, and maybe Wright or Jiricek (or both), with potentially Savoie?

I think it’s fair to value the two RD highly as getting a number 1 RD is something NHL drool over. Wright and Cooley both have a case but I don’t think it’s anything to really take much face value over. They’re still so fresh we have to see another year go by.

Who’s his top 10?

Personally I have Wallstedt as 1/2 overall.

There's no goalie in the ranking

1. Power
2. Hughes
3. Wright
4. Nemec
5. Cooley
6. Beniers
7. Johnson
8. Perfetti
9. Savoie
10. Slafkovsky
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 0

1. Power
2. Hughes
3. Wright
4. Nemec
5. Cooley
6. Beniers
7. Johnson
8. Perfetti
9. Savoie
10. Slafkovsky

Goalies where a different list
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 3
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 27

1. Power
2. Hughes
3. Wright
4. Nemec
5. Cooley
6. Beniers
7. Johnson
8. Perfetti
9. Savoie
10. Slafkovsky

I think it’s a sound list - I don’t see much harm in Slat at 10.

1. Power - real deal
2. Hughes - I’m skeptical but he’s probably gonna be great
3. Wright - I’m skeptical and Seattle was probably the best team to land him, less pressure than MTL
4. Nemec - real deal
5. Cooley - think he’s gonna be solid
6. Beniers - 1C over Wright tbh…
7. Johnson - legit potential
8. Perfetti - legit potential
9. Savoie - top 6er easy I think
10. Slafkovsky - probably should be high than Savoie but I think it’s fair he’s around here.

Personally I value Slaf like I value Beniers. Yeah maybe not a superstar type prospect but I wouldn’t trade him for Huberdeau for example. I think he’ll be really good and he still could become a elite player.
BuFfaLOFaN et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 3
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

I mean he had Slaf 5th on his draft board, and Hutson like 20th (Kasper 24th iirc). It would be kinda stupid for him to re-order based on how NHL teams drafted lol
BuFfaLOFaN, SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 5
Somehow Jack Quinn was 36th on this list. Which is crazy considering Rossi and Holtz are 16-17 and he was drafted between them and...well he has been better ever since his draft?
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 10
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Somehow Jack Quinn was 36th on this list. Which is crazy considering Rossi and Holtz are 16-17 and he was drafted between them and...well he has been better ever since his draft?

Pretty sure Wheeler also wasn’t high on Seider at all - and had him low/ maybe near 20? on last ranking before Seider joined the NHL full time. He’s got great lists but he’ll obviously miss a couple (he’s obviously way better than all of us).

Where’s Bordeleau, Eklund, and Sanderson?
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 19
Pretty sure Wheeler also wasn’t high on Seider at all - and had him low/ maybe near 20? on last ranking before Seider joined the NHL full time. He’s got great lists but he’ll obviously miss a couple (he’s obviously way better than all of us).

Where’s Bordeleau, Eklund, and Sanderson?

11 - Sanderson
24 - Eklund
Bordeleau isn't in the top 80.

Personally, i think the problem with this list is that he bases it all off of what he thought that they were when the player was drafted. Guys like Peterka should be in and guys like Harley (50) and Brink (45) probably shouldn't be included anymore.
csick a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 34
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
11 - Sanderson
24 - Eklund
Bordeleau isn't in the top 80.

Personally, i think the problem with this list is that he bases it all off of what he thought that they were when the player was drafted. Guys like Peterka should be in and guys like Harley (50) and Brink (45) probably shouldn't be included anymore.

Very odd than, as Bordeleau I would rate higher than Brink and Harley - if anything I think Bordeleau has gotten more interesting than his projection off the pick. Eklund at 24 is even more interesting because if we’re using that same notion wouldn’t Quinn be higher and Eklund be lower? I still believe Eklund is that superstar in the making if this year goes right for him but Quinn absolutely tore apart the AHL and built on what his draft projection was - whereas Eklund played on a brutal club and also didn’t perform up to standard (he also seems to be more set on the NHL so he probably did not care if the club was bad and was focused on his development but still that’s hardly a great excuse for him).

I’d still place Eklund and Quinn over Holtz maybe not Rossi.. Bordeleau and Eklund will save the Sharks or burnout with them. Whereas Quinn looks like the guy you want leading the team - he had the AHL year you want any high value prospect to have.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 37
Very odd than, as Bordeleau I would rate higher than Brink and Harley - if anything I think Bordeleau has gotten more interesting than his projection off the pick. Eklund at 24 is even more interesting because if we’re using that same notion wouldn’t Quinn be higher and Eklund be lower? I still believe Eklund is that superstar in the making if this year goes right for him but Quinn absolutely tore apart the AHL and built on what his draft projection was - whereas Eklund played on a brutal club and also didn’t perform up to standard (he also seems to be more set on the NHL so he probably did not care if the club was bad and was focused on his development but still that’s hardly a great excuse for him).

I’d still place Eklund and Quinn over Holtz maybe not Rossi.. Bordeleau and Eklund will save the Sharks or burnout with them. Whereas Quinn looks like the guy you want leading the team - he had the AHL year you want any high value prospect to have.

Yea, having Quinn ranked below all those is maybe understandable if it was like a position below or something but to be 10 spots behind it seems crazy
csick a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 41
Like to article if anyone wants to view it. https://theathletic.com/3415068/2022/07/25/nhl-prospects-rankings/

Interesting Rankings
12. Brandt Clarke
34. Gauthier
35. Quinn
40. Krebs
41. Reichel
42. Coronato
44. Cormier
45. Brink
46. Hutson
50. Harley? @justaboss do you still actually have hope for Harley?

this is the HM.
Honourable mentions (sorted alphabetically): Calen Addison (MIN), Jonathan Berggren (DET), Zachary Bolduc (STL), Brendan Brisson (VGK), Philip Broberg (EDM), William Dufour (NYI), Luke Evangelista (NSH), Brock Faber (MIN), Sean Farrell (MTL), David Goyette (SEA), Jordan Harris (MTL), Ville Heinola (WPG), Zac Jones (NYR), Marco Kasper (DET), Matt Knies (TOR), Jiri Kulich (BUF), Carson Lambos (MIN), Nils Lundkvist (NYR), Fabian Lysell (BOS), Filip Mesar (MTL), Pavel Mintyukov (ANA), Noah Ostlund (BUF), Jakob Pelletier (CGY), JJ Peterka (BUF), Shane Pinto (OTT), Joshua Roy (MTL), Victor Soderstrom (ARZ), Jordan Spence (LAK), Alex Turcotte (LAK), Cam York (PHI).
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 43
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Interesting Rankings
12. Brandt Clarke
34. Gauthier
35. Quinn
40. Krebs
41. Reichel
42. Coronato
44. Cormier
45. Brink
46. Hutson
50. Harley? justaboss do you still actually have hope for Harley?

this is the HM.
Honourable mentions (sorted alphabetically): Calen Addison (MIN), Jonathan Berggren (DET), Zachary Bolduc (STL), Brendan Brisson (VGK), Philip Broberg (EDM), William Dufour (NYI), Luke Evangelista (NSH), Brock Faber (MIN), Sean Farrell (MTL), David Goyette (SEA), Jordan Harris (MTL), Ville Heinola (WPG), Zac Jones (NYR), Marco Kasper (DET), Matt Knies (TOR), Jiri Kulich (BUF), Carson Lambos (MIN), Nils Lundkvist (NYR), Fabian Lysell (BOS), Filip Mesar (MTL), Pavel Mintyukov (ANA), Noah Ostlund (BUF), Jakob Pelletier (CGY), JJ Peterka (BUF), Shane Pinto (OTT), Joshua Roy (MTL), Victor Soderstrom (ARZ), Jordan Spence (LAK), Alex Turcotte (LAK), Cam York (PHI).

Sure, Harley's looking good, and now that we have a coach who don't hate rookies he might actually get a chance to play.
BuFfaLOFaN, csick, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
25 juill. 2022 à 9 h 44
Quoting: justaBoss
Sure, Harley's looking good, and now that we have a coach who don't hate rookies he might actually get a chance to play.

Whoops, just looked him up and he is great, this whole time i was thinking Honka, lol.
justaBoss, zk97, csick and 3 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage