Forums/Armchair-GM

Miller - Girard

Créé par: JonnyLamoriello
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 18 juill. 2022
Publié: 18 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
-All these moves with $1M to spare for a deadline UFA depth d-man if needed.

-Miller's $5.25M contract for 22-23 is why this works. Isles are in win-now. The guy put up 99 points. He can make things happen. Here's also the cool part:

Let's say Isles extend Varly for $2.5m x 3 next summer. The other $2.5m of his current $5M goes right to Barzy, who re-signs at 8x$9.5M.

With Milano's 1 year deal expiring, Isles have $3M more in cap next summer after Barzy deal is completed. This $3M goes right to JT Miller for his raise to ~$8M from his current $5.25M.

Yes, next summer we have RFA Wahlstrom and UFA scott mayfield, as well as Sorokin due for a raise the following summer for 2024-25. Unfortunately, next summer, you likely have to trade Brock Nelson and gain $6M in cap. If he has another 30G season, he is extremely valuable in a trade. Brock is my favorite player on the team right now, and this would be purely a business move. By next summer, either Raty can take the 2C slot, OR you put JT Miller there, and put a young winger next to Barzy. JT Miller gives you that incredible flexibility because he is both a winger and centerman. Keep in mind we also have $3.25M coming off the books in 2024 with Martin and Clutterbuck, but it will be needed to get some new depth 3rd/4th liners.

BTW, this defense is set and STACKED for the next 4-5 years!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
34 000 000 $
22 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 000 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
COL
  1. Salo, Robin
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
VAN
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYI)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $81 414 963 $245 796 $1 287 500 $1 085 037 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 43
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
A couple of Girard to the Isles trades this am already! Unless Lou and Sakic have switched seats, I can't imagine the Avs doing you a major favour like this...Girard was playing almost 22 minutes a night last year, and is on a great deal for 5 more years...if they move him, I've gotta imagine it's not going to be cheap.
Foppa21, NMAvsFan et turtlemountain a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Really depends how much Sakic needs the cap space. End of day, COL won the cup without Girard in the hardest 2 rounds of the playoffs. Also, Salo has solid potential, and the trade also includes a 2nd and 3rd - with the 3rd being from Seattle, which is likely to be in the top 5 of the 3rd round. I really don't think this is too unfair.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lenny7
A couple of Girard to the Isles trades this am already! Unless Lou and Sakic have switched seats, I can't imagine the Avs doing you a major favour like this...Girard was playing almost 22 minutes a night last year, and is on a great deal for 5 more years...if they move him, I've gotta imagine it's not going to be cheap.

Really depends how much Sakic needs the cap space. End of day, COL won the cup without Girard in the hardest 2 rounds of the playoffs. Also, Salo has solid potential, and the trade also includes a 2nd and 3rd - with the 3rd being from Seattle, which is likely to be in the top 5 of the 3rd round. I really don't think this is too unfair.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 50
Representing the 505
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,677
Quoting: JonnyLamoriello

I can't see MacFarland (Sakic is president, not GM now) treating Girard like a cap dump - if he can't get the return he wants, he'll just keep him.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,011
This trade is brutal for the Avs
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 55
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,624
A Girard trade to the Isles is bad asset management. Nothing against the player but to pay a guy that would be on your 3rd pairing $5M is not a good situation. As for the package the AVS could get a better return from a team that needed a top 4 LD. Neither team would make this trade.

Miller is most likely going to stay with Van and be a rental at the deadline where the Isles offer would be a 1st and prospect like Holmstrom. He is also a candidate for the worst contract of 2023 when he is a UFA as 30 year old forward typically do not age well and I would be hesitant to invest 7 years in him.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 55
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,759
Yes please
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 55
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
Isn't Beau & a 1st basically the deal Vancouver turned down already? Rumors are what they are, but I can't see them taking the deal all of a sudden now when there's no guarantee the Isles would be picking at #13 again next year (I assume if they trade for JT Miller the pick would be higher).

If Vancouver already passed on this deal, I don't know what I'd want to add. I also don't know what Vancouver is looking for that we have in terms of prospects. I know they want RD but beyond Bode Wilde (lol) there's nothing of value in the system to move out at that position. I honestly just think the Canucks and Isles don't match up well for a trade.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 58
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: JonnyLamoriello

The Isles literally gave up more value than this for Romanov. ROMANOV!
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 4
Islanders Fan
Quoting: Warrior24
A Girard trade to the Isles is bad asset management. Nothing against the player but to pay a guy that would be on your 3rd pairing $5M is not a good situation. As for the package the AVS could get a better return from a team that needed a top 4 LD. Neither team would make this trade.

Miller is most likely going to stay with Van and be a rental at the deadline where the Isles offer would be a 1st and prospect like Holmstrom. He is also a candidate for the worst contract of 2023 when he is a UFA as 30 year old forward typically do not age well and I would be hesitant to invest 7 years in him.

Just speaking on Girard we know how evenly the Isles rotate d-pairs (plus he will get PP time) I'm not worried about how it looks on paper. You just called him a top-4 caliber defenseman. He'll get his minutes if he came here
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 5
Islanders Fan
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Isn't Beau & a 1st basically the deal Vancouver turned down already? Rumors are what they are, but I can't see them taking the deal all of a sudden now when there's no guarantee the Isles would be picking at #13 again next year (I assume if they trade for JT Miller the pick would be higher).

If Vancouver already passed on this deal, I don't know what I'd want to add. I also don't know what Vancouver is looking for that we have in terms of prospects. I know they want RD but beyond Bode Wilde (lol) there's nothing of value in the system to move out at that position. I honestly just think the Canucks and Isles don't match up well for a trade.

Wasn't the hold up that Vancouver wouldn't allow us to talk extension with him? Could understand Lou not paying that price without knowing Miller would be locked up long term
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 8
Quoting: joshelkin
Just speaking on Girard we know how evenly the Isles rotate d-pairs (plus he will get PP time) I'm not worried about how it looks on paper. You just called him a top-4 caliber defenseman. He'll get his minutes if he came here

Just because he is a top-4 D does not mean the Isles should pursue him. That is bad asset management as those are picks/ prospects and cap space that can be used to acquire a scorer.
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 18
Démarrer sujet

i think VAN if bluffing personally with regards to an extension for Miller. Have to wonder why an extension hasn’t come about yet, and if it doesn't happen by Sept/Oct it ain't happening. More importantly, I’m sure VAN wants to be a playoff team this coming season. To have this guy play all season on your team, and have to trade him at the deadline as you compete for a playoff spot, seems VERY counter productive. And if they keep him in march without an extension, they’ll lose him for nothing next summer. I think van has to lock in an extension by September or he gets moved before the season starts. Not to mention he could also get injured leading up to the trade deadline. BTW, miller would be very smart to sign an extension now (whether w van or elsewhere), coming off a 99 point season. That ain't an easy number to match or beat next season. If he declines in points, his next signing will be noticeably less. He needs to be smart about this.
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 23
we miss leo k
Just because he is a top-4 D does not mean the Isles should pursue him. That is bad asset management as those are picks/ prospects and cap space that can be used to acquire a scorer.

there are worse ways to use their assets (have you seen the guy around here saying it's a *great* idea to give Kadri a 6x$8M deal??) than getting a versatile guy like Girard. I don't love the cap hit, and I think the Isles would need to add something to that deal to make it happen, but I think it lets you shelter Romanov a little bit more and gives you 6 incredibly strong D - plus since Girard can play both sides, it gives you a little more flexibility in finding a Mayfield replacement next summer (if Bolduc's ready, slide Girard to RD3; if not, you can shop both sides for the best deal in UFA).

You're taking a little bit of a gamble about the cap going back to increasing at a more regular rate and that $5M cap hit not being a waste on the 3rd pair, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having two guys who could be second pair players on your third. Makes it easier to deal with the inevitable injuries and really makes you a beast of a team for the playoffs.
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 31
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
there are worse ways to use their assets (have you seen the guy around here saying it's a *great* idea to give Kadri a 6x$8M deal??) than getting a versatile guy like Girard. I don't love the cap hit, and I think the Isles would need to add something to that deal to make it happen, but I think it lets you shelter Romanov a little bit more and gives you 6 incredibly strong D - plus since Girard can play both sides, it gives you a little more flexibility in finding a Mayfield replacement next summer (if Bolduc's ready, slide Girard to RD3; if not, you can shop both sides for the best deal in UFA).

You're taking a little bit of a gamble about the cap going back to increasing at a more regular rate and that $5M cap hit not being a waste on the 3rd pair, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having two guys who could be second pair players on your third. Makes it easier to deal with the inevitable injuries and really makes you a beast of a team for the playoffs.

Have not seen the Kadri post, but that would be the immediate worst signing of Free Agency.

It just does not make sense, the team needs those assets and cap to get a scorer and the Avs will clearly get a better package than that for Girard. The Avs are not going to let Girard go for less than what the Isles just traded for Romanov in a 1st round pick. So the Isles are going to trade another 1st round pick for a D-Man when they could use that to get a scorer.
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 36
we miss leo k
Have not seen the Kadri post, but that would be the immediate worst signing of Free Agency.

It just does not make sense, the team needs those assets and cap to get a scorer and the Avs will clearly get a better package than that for Girard. The Avs are not going to let Girard go for less than what the Isles just traded for Romanov in a 1st round pick. So the Isles are going to trade another 1st round pick for a D-Man when they could use that to get a scorer.

I agree, the fact that the Avs can point to Romanov and say "better player, pay more" makes the deal hard to make. If they went for a deal like OP offered (Salo/2nd/3rd), or hell, even a little richer (throw in a Holmstrom maybe?) I'd think about it. But if it gets to a 1st++ it's just sinking too much in.
Warrior24 a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 15 h 16
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,386
VAN decline, they don't need wingers. They would want a young top 4 RHD as the starting piece for a Miller trade.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage