SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs Dev Camp Invitees I Want To Get ELCs or AHL contracts

17 juill. 2022 à 14 h 39
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,033
1. Pano Fimis: Speaking of player I'm amazed weren't drafted, Pano Fimis is a local kid stemming from Richmond Ontario and is a great prospect. He was ranked 48th on Elite Prospects draft board, and is still super young with his June 17, 2004 birthday. He is fantastic defensively and offensively, as well as in transition. He had the misfortune of playing for the absolutely dreadful Niagara Icedogs and still put up 0.81 pts/game as a 17 year old through the season. He has a good shot and great passing ability. I will be genuinely disappointed if he doesn't get an ELC, he's just so good.

2. Tyler Duke: The upside Tyler Duke has as a potential top 4 D is just too much to pass up. His impact at both ends of the ice in the USHL is tremendous and he is extremely smart. Im shocked he wasn't drafted, the only reason I can possibly imagine he wasn't is because of his 5'9 179lbs frame. He's a fantastic defenseman and is worth taking a shot with.

3. Kasper Larsen: All you need to know about Larsen is that he is a 6'6 231lbs defenseman who put up 43 pts in 57 games with the Steelheads in the OHL. He could be a guy you get on an AHL deal, but regardless he should be signed in some capacity. These guys dont grow on trees. He does shoot left which is a bit of an issue considering how much of a log jam there is there, but maybe someday beyond the Muzzin / Brodie era, he is our 3LD.

4. Marcus Nguyen: Tenacity is the name of the game with Marcus Nguyen. I wouldve liked him in round 7, but nonetheless he is in Toronto for development camp so obviously he has impressed someone in the organization. I really like the guy, he's a bottom 6 player at best and at worst is a decent AHL contributor. Get him on an AHL deal and see where it goes.

5. Jeremy Wilmer: As the top producing player in the USHL, Wilmer is very interesting. He is an all offense player who is committed to the NCAA next season who I really only have on here because of his numbers. I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be in shambles if we don't sign him.

HM. Matthew Ward: Ward's WHL numbers were pretty decent, but I don't love his analytics. That being said, there are many people smarter than me that really like this guy. I'm putting him as an honorable mention on my list because I don't love the guy, but many others do.

Overall, I'd be pumped if Fimis got a contract and maybe Duke. They both should have been drafted (Fimis in particular was a top 50 talent) but fell victim to the all too common height bias. Some of the best players in the league are smaller guys (Point is 5'10, Makar is 5'11), showing once again that height isn't the ultimate determining factor (Unless you're Kasper Larsen and tower over everyone at 6'6)
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 14 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Nathaniel
1. Pano Fimis: Speaking of player I'm amazed weren't drafted, Pano Fimis is a local kid stemming from Richmond Ontario and is a great prospect. He was ranked 48th on Elite Prospects draft board, and is still super young with his June 17, 2004 birthday. He is fantastic defensively and offensively, as well as in transition. He had the misfortune of playing for the absolutely dreadful Niagara Icedogs and still put up 0.81 pts/game as a 17 year old through the season. He has a good shot and great passing ability. I will be genuinely disappointed if he doesn't get an ELC, he's just so good.

2. Tyler Duke: The upside Tyler Duke has as a potential top 4 D is just too much to pass up. His impact at both ends of the ice in the USHL is tremendous and he is extremely smart. Im shocked he wasn't drafted, the only reason I can possibly imagine he wasn't is because of his 5'9 179lbs frame. He's a fantastic defenseman and is worth taking a shot with.

3. Kasper Larsen: All you need to know about Larsen is that he is a 6'6 231lbs defenseman who put up 43 pts in 57 games with the Steelheads in the OHL. He could be a guy you get on an AHL deal, but regardless he should be signed in some capacity. These guys dont grow on trees. He does shoot left which is a bit of an issue considering how much of a log jam there is there, but maybe someday beyond the Muzzin / Brodie era, he is our 3LD.

4. Marcus Nguyen: Tenacity is the name of the game with Marcus Nguyen. I wouldve liked him in round 7, but nonetheless he is in Toronto for development camp so obviously he has impressed someone in the organization. I really like the guy, he's a bottom 6 player at best and at worst is a decent AHL contributor. Get him on an AHL deal and see where it goes.

5. Jeremy Wilmer: As the top producing player in the USHL, Wilmer is very interesting. He is an all offense player who is committed to the NCAA next season who I really only have on here because of his numbers. I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be in shambles if we don't sign him.

HM. Matthew Ward: Ward's WHL numbers were pretty decent, but I don't love his analytics. That being said, there are many people smarter than me that really like this guy. I'm putting him as an honorable mention on my list because I don't love the guy, but many others do.

Overall, I'd be pumped if Fimis got a contract and maybe Duke. They both should have been drafted (Fimis in particular was a top 50 talent) but fell victim to the all too common height bias. Some of the best players in the league are smaller guys (Point is 5'10, Makar is 5'11), showing once again that height isn't the ultimate determining factor (Unless you're Kasper Larsen and tower over everyone at 6'6)

Also important to mention that Fimis has the Passion
17 juill. 2022 à 14 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever

Also, forgot my second HM: Ryan McAllister. Absolutely killer AJHL season where he was leaps and bounds better than the competition. He's an HM because he played in a weak league, but the last time a team took a chance on a rockstar out of the AJHL, it worked out pretty darn well
19 juill. 2022 à 20 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,654
Also, forgot my second HM: Ryan McAllister. Absolutely killer AJHL season where he was leaps and bounds better than the competition. He's an HM because he played in a weak league, but the last time a team took a chance on a rockstar out of the AJHL, it worked out pretty darn well

Thanks for your insight. Hopefully for their sake, some of these non draftees fool everyone and become NHLers. But really the odds are against them, (they weren't drafted for a reason), as for whatever reason they didn't appear to be NHL capable.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et PJ_Acorn a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage