(PIT/MTL) - Matheson for Petry, Poehling

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
I expect a lot of chaos. That is fine in a rebuild. They'll need some more experience, moving Romanov out and now Petry. It's getting thin. They got nothing on the right side to cover his end to end rushes. He's a placeholder, nothing more. They have a ton of left D prospects. A big reason why they could flip Romanov. If anything he can be flipped for a decent return as his contract should age well. Gudbranson almost makes as much as Mikey M. from Pointe Claire. With the cap going up, his deal will be looked at as a bargain.

I was really hoping pens traded either Dumo or Petterson instead but Kent Hughes was insistent on Matheson. Makes sense. He’s a better player (based on his performance in Pittsburgh last season). I think Petry will also really help Letang because he can eat more minutes than Matheson. Give Letang maybe 23-24 mins a night and Petry 21-22. Should help both guys as they age
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,273
Quoting: mhockey91
I was really hoping pens traded either Dumo or Petterson instead but Kent Hughes was insistent on Matheson. Makes sense. He’s a better player (based on his performance in Pittsburgh last season). I think Petry will also really help Letang because he can eat more minutes than Matheson. Give Letang maybe 23-24 mins a night and Petry 21-22. Should help both guys as they age

If you watch the Petry interview today, he pretty confirmed everything that was happening behind the scenes. He didn't understand his role with a team in chaos on the management side, coaching and on the ice. He really picked up his game to end the year. He's a great #2 D. I'm sure he will be outstanding in Pittsburgh. All his tools are still there, his skating, physicality, offensive instincts, no serious injuries. Its a great bet for the Pens as they want to win now. You're doing well with Petry on the 2nd pair. The question again will be the goaltending in Pittsburgh.
mhockey91 et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 36
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462

mhockey91: Hey ol' friend. You were missing in action off CF for quite a long time till recently. Did the guards allow you use a computer again? Anyway, welcome back and look forward to your thoughts.
mhockey91 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 45
Quoting: palhal
mhockey91: Hey ol' friend. You were missing in action off CF for quite a long time till recently. Did the guards allow you use a computer again? Anyway, welcome back and look forward to your thoughts.

Hey pal, hope all is well. Haha no I wasn’t banned I just needed to take a break. Once I got out of the habit of frequently checking this site, I just sorta forgot about it loool. Flash forward a year+ later and now I just pop in every now and then. Glad to see you’re still on here. Some of the original accounts haha cheers! cheers
palhal et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 0 h 2
Quoting: SevenLeg
Can't say I'm super satisfied with the return, but we're far from the days people were saying it'd take a 1st to offload Petry.

Forgot CBJ fans were also saying Petry needed a 1st to be attached to be 'dumped' and were questioning the merit of it because they would have Petry for too long term. Yet, they sign Gudbranson to a longer term deal, just days later. The jokes write themselves. Ppl say this kind of stuff and hold no accountability.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 7 h 2
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I think Matheson gets way too much hate. He was great on Pittsburgh this season. However, he was given a more sheltered role. On MTL it looks like he’ll be their #1D lol which likely won’t end well. In terms of value I think it’s a fair trade, but I’m not sure how Matheson will perform in MTL playing likely 22+ mins a night.

I think he’s a fine hockey player, but clearly a terrible person. No fan should want him on their team.
18 juill. 2022 à 9 h 17
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I think he’s a fine hockey player, but clearly a terrible person. No fan should want him on their team.

You really are going to play up that angle eh. I get it. It's fandom. Everyone has players we dont enjoy on our teams.

The boys club atmosphere is more worrying when Hughes has been trying to acquire every player that he ever worked for as an agent.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 9 h 55

How is Matheson a terrible person? Never heard that one
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 6
Former Hockey Fan
How is Matheson a terrible person? Never heard that one

He tried to murder Elias Pettersson on the ice a few years ago.
18 juill. 2022 à 10 h 9
Former Hockey Fan
You really are going to play up that angle eh. I get it. It's fandom. Everyone has players we dont enjoy on our teams.

The boys club atmosphere is more worrying when Hughes has been trying to acquire every player that he ever worked for as an agent.

Anyone who’s that dangerously violent shouldn’t be playing hockey, or really coming into contact with other people. If he did what he did in any other situation he’d be going to jail for battery.
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 14
Anyone who’s that dangerously violent shouldn’t be playing hockey, or really coming into contact with other people. If he did what he did in any other situation he’d be going to jail for battery.

??? I have absolutely no idea what ur talking about
18 juill. 2022 à 11 h 16
He tried to murder Elias Pettersson on the ice a few years ago.

Just watched a YouTube clip. Yeah it was a dirty hit and he got a 2 game suspension. But lets pump the breaks a little. Dirty hits happen all the time in hockey unfortunately. I think calling him a terrible person who belongs in jail is definitely a troll comment
SevenLeg, Andy_Dick, Book_Hockey and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2022 à 21 h 44
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
Let’s go! GM Hextall just said we are loading up this off season! Sad to see Marino leave and now matheson but again matheson did kick in what seemed like a goal per game for the rangers so it’s nice to upgrade to petry! Also really like poehling!
19 juill. 2022 à 11 h 58
Former Hockey Fan
Just watched a YouTube clip. Yeah it was a dirty hit and he got a 2 game suspension. But lets pump the breaks a little. Dirty hits happen all the time in hockey unfortunately. I think calling him a terrible person who belongs in jail is definitely a troll comment

I’m not trying to be provocative. What Mathewson did doesn’t just happen in games without someone trying to injure someone else. Concussions and CTE are major issues, and trying to bash in people’s heads for absolutely not reason is reprehensible.
22 juill. 2022 à 20 h 53
Cool
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: biased_leafs_fan
AND HABS FANS WANTED BOURQUE + A 1ST 😂😂😂😂

Montreal fans are just fans, not general managers.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
5 août 2022 à 23 h 37
Caïd
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 58
All stupid moron Who laugh about mtl fans want à 1st pick for Petry.

😅😅😅. Matheson is draft in 1st !!!!!
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
6 août 2022 à 9 h 25
Quoting: Kid
All stupid moron Who laugh about mtl fans want à 1st pick for Petry.

😅😅😅. Matheson is draft in 1st !!!!!

Ppl overvalue picks all the time here. Nothing new.
2 sept. 2022 à 21 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Ready for Sullivan to turn Petry into a monster for 2022-2023 season
2 sept. 2022 à 21 h 55
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: aadoyle
Ready for Sullivan to turn Petry into a monster for 2022-2023 season

Ready for St.Louis to turn Matheson into a monster
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 22 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Ready for St.Louis to turn Matheson into a monster

St. Louis got to many Dman and should have honestly threw Leddy to FA and focused on the younger guys

But would be funny if we saw them trade back Scandella and a pick for him
2 sept. 2022 à 22 h 9
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle
St. Louis got to many Dman and should have honestly threw Leddy to FA and focused on the younger guys

But would be funny if we saw them trade back Scandella and a pick for him

Martin St.Louis lol
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2022 à 22 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Martin St.Louis lol

Oh, I think his magic will be more suited for Caufield then it will be for Matheson. As it seems turning meh Dman into something good is Sullivan's thing

But hey St.Louis should be perfect teacher for Caufield
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2022 à 13 h 31
Pensforcup11
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 23
Winner: Pittsburgh
18 mars 2023 à 9 h 39

pic.twitter.com/1xIuWpvZqg

— CanadiensFan (GuhleSzn) July 16, 2022

Poehling is a throwaway player.

So it becomes Matheson + 4th for Petry.

Matheson is 6 years younger and signed for 1 more year than Petry, costs $1.4 Million Less and will likely remain as a top 4 defensemen throughout his entire contract wheras Petry will likely start regressing in the next 2 or 3 years. I do like this trade for Montreal, but I voted fair trade because I think both teams do well here.

Quoting: SevenLeg
Can't say I'm super satisfied with the return, but we're far from the days people were saying it'd take a 1st to offload Petry.

The market was set by McDonagh & Petry - teams are too tight to the cap and MTL didn't want to retain. Poehling was going to be lost on waivers as well.

Knowing how tough it was to move money in last offseason and the fact Hughes got Matheson who's a plus player on a tanking team with 23 points in 35 games playing upwards of 30 minutes a night some games and being hella entertaining with his solo rushes among other things.
Make this trade an absolute home run.
Recently turned 29 years old, Matheson, is looking like a solution in the top 4 going forward and at worst can be traded for a draft pick haul plus prospects if needed with his low cap hit under 5m but he is too good, meshes too well under MSL system.

Quoting: Aidans111
Winner: Pittsburgh

Winner : Kent Hughes and Habs fans
KSIxSKULLS, SevenLeg et HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2023 à 12 h 36
WentWughes
Knowing how tough it was to move money in last offseason and the fact Hughes got Matheson who's a plus player on a tanking team with 23 points in 35 games playing upwards of 30 minutes a night some games and being hella entertaining with his solo rushes among other things.
Make this trade an absolute home run.
Recently turned 29 years old, Matheson, is looking like a solution in the top 4 going forward and at worst can be traded for a draft pick haul plus prospects if needed with his low cap hit under 5m but he is too good, meshes too well under MSL system.

Winner : Kent Hughes and Habs fans

Petry was worth a 1st, and now Matheson is worth a 1st + lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage