washington and kuemper
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 56
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Wow, let’s see what happens

leafs and canucks have been caught in the past. will likely just be a fine.
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 56
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: DirtyDangle

What exactly did the Canucks do? I can’t think of the last time the Canucks for an actually good UFA
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,879
Modifié 15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 2
washington and kuemper

In Washington though we didnt know the exact dollars we just knew he was going. Got to find it but I believe 2 weeks ago or something it was reported Kurt Overhardt (Campbell's agent) was told by Holland a 5mill x 5 year deal was ready for Campbell in Edmonton.

Now do I care he left no, but like in the NBA league executives might have to start discipling teams
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 58
Jamie Benn is BACK
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 478

How that probably plays out...

6mx1pj.jpg
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 5

The weird thing with Toronto's it was the coach and not the Gm and if I remember the players were the Sedins

Guess Wilson didnt think lul or was trying to steal Burke's job

As usually with Tampering its mostly GM's who do it and not the coach
DirtyDangle et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 18 h 58
retired
Quoting: Juiceman
What exactly did the Canucks do? I can’t think of the last time the Canucks for an actually good UFA

publicly said they have interest in several specific players before the free agency period begun.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-fined-50000-nhl-violating-tampering-law/
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

What, you mean that Jack Campbell didn't agree on term and AAV, as well as a reasonably complicated bonus/salary structure to go with a M-NTC in the first 10 seconds of free agency???????
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 1
Ex Nucks fan
publicly said they have interest in several specific players before the free agency period begun.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-fined-50000-nhl-violating-tampering-law/

Is it really against the rules to show interest in other players?
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 1
retired
id like to see any teams found guilty to have to forfeit picks to the team that lost the player but i know that will never happen.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 3
retired
Is it really against the rules to show interest in other players?

while they are still under contract yes.

i remember brian burke kicking up a big fuss about it. i don't remember if it was related to either incident.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 3
Hakuna Matata
id like to see any teams found guilty to have to forfeit picks to the team that lost the player but i know that will never happen.

Honestly do what the NBA does (in their case they fine a team and take away a 2nd) but in the NHL I say fine the team and maybe take away a 3rd or 4th
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 5
Hakuna Matata
while they are still under contract yes.

i remember brian burke kicking up a big fuss about it. i don't remember if it was related to either incident.

Yep as usually you here Friedman or others say

"this player was given permission to speak to other teams"

As usually its in the hopes or trading their rights to that team as your not allowed the 8th year if he is a FA
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554

aadoyle, Saskleaf, Juiceman and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: GarthBrooks

The fact they did that still blows my mind

As during that time Mrazek was almost unusable, Campbell looked lost, and we had to put our faith in Kallgren who did pretty well

Like thats how desperate we had to get but we had 115 points. Also this was done without Muzzin for a good chunk of time
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 11
Démarrer sujet

Why would it go to the team that lost the player? They're a UFA at the end of the day, and you could make the argument that it takes more away from other teams who don't even have the chance to make a pitch. Like one of the early ones was Giroux to Ottawa like 15 minutes in. But Florida only offered him 1x1 lol, so why would they get the pick? They weren't even in the right continent for what he was looking for in terms of term/AAV. A team like the Devils or Islanders who might have considered offering him a similar contract would be more impacted. Similar story for Campbell in Toronto, we knew for a while that Toronto had no interest in giving him 5x5 (like their initial offer was 3x2.75 or something, and they were bullish on term especially by what was reported). Clearly that was tampering though by Edmonton. At the end of the day, a team or two might get fined and that'll be it. I don't know why we get rid of the 2-3 day negotiating period though. Like that actually gave teams the chance to pitch a bunch of players so that maybe even if you weren't the first guy to call the agent, you still had a shot. And it also sets up an entertaining free agency day show, it makes that actually must-watch TV instead of a program that hardcore hockey fans watch in the hopes that something happens (like Kadri and Klingberg are both available, plus Gaudreau and Palat got done late, and those were some of the biggest names available).
yikes a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 15
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Top 5 goalies right now:
Vasilevskiy
Shesterkin
Hellebuyck
Sorokin
Demko

That chart just goes to show how much Demko carried the Canucks last season playing behind guys like Poolman, Hamonic, Hunt, and an assortment of different 7th defensemen
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Top 5 goalies right now:
Vasilevskiy
Shesterkin
Hellebuyck
Sorokin
Demko

And Two are UFA's in 2 years

Lines up perfectly for when Murray is up
Juiceman et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 18
retired
Quoting: Alfie11
Why would it go to the team that lost the player? They're a UFA at the end of the day, and you could make the argument that it takes more away from other teams who don't even have the chance to make a pitch. Like one of the early ones was Giroux to Ottawa like 15 minutes in. But Florida only offered him 1x1 lol, so why would they get the pick? They weren't even in the right continent for what he was looking for in terms of term/AAV. A team like the Devils or Islanders who might have considered offering him a similar contract would be more impacted. Similar story for Campbell in Toronto, we knew for a while that Toronto had no interest in giving him 5x5 (like their initial offer was 3x2.75 or something, and they were bullish on term especially by what was reported). Clearly that was tampering though by Edmonton. At the end of the day, a team or two might get fined and that'll be it. I don't know why we get rid of the 2-3 day negotiating period though. Like that actually gave teams the chance to pitch a bunch of players so that maybe even if you weren't the first guy to call the agent, you still had a shot. And it also sets up an entertaining free agency day show, it makes that actually must-watch TV instead of a program that hardcore hockey fans watch in the hopes that something happens (like Kadri and Klingberg are both available, plus Gaudreau and Palat got done late, and those were some of the biggest names available).

it should go to the team that lost the player since it was their player that was tampered with. that team loses their advantage of being able to keep their player.

in your example it doesnt matter what florida offered. giroux was their asset until free agency starts. if you want to negotiate before hand you have to ask for permission or swing a deal for the rights to negotiate.
Saskleaf et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 28
Démarrer sujet
it should go to the team that lost the player since it was their player that was tampered with. that team loses their advantage of being able to keep their player.

in your example it doesnt matter what florida offered. giroux was their asset until free agency starts. if you want to negotiate before hand you have to ask for permission or swing a deal for the rights to negotiate.

Eh, I don't really agree. I'm gonna be honest, unless the contract was agreed upon like months in advance, I don't really care. If the team isn't offering close to what they want end of story, then any intervening time at that point is largely irrelevant, they're gone regardless. Getting a deal done a few days in advance is whatever. And in reality, you're never gonna stop it. Like Ken Holland is talking to Kurt Overhardt for any number of reasons (we're not qualifying Filip Berglund, no interest in bringing back Turris, is Mike Smith planning to retire?) and just drops a "yeah Campbell is a guy we're super interested in" at the end of that meeting, what are you really gonna do about that? Have an NHL representative follow every GM around all day to all of these agent meetings? Bug their phones?

Edit: And I bet Andrew Copp never came up in any of those negotiations that Kurt Overhardt and Steve Yzerman weren't having regarding a Larkin extension lol
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 31
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Top 5 goalies right now:
Vasilevskiy
Shesterkin
Hellebuyck
Sorokin
Demko

That chart just goes to show how much Demko carried the Canucks last season playing behind guys like Poolman, Hamonic, Hunt, and an assortment of different 7th defensemen

Hellebuyck has really struggled the past 2 seasons. I don't think he's top 5 anymore.
IMO (in order):
Vasilevskiy
Shesterkin
Saros
Sorokin
Demko
Honorable Mention: Frederik Andersen
(Dark Horse to be on this list by the end of the season: Jake Oettinger)
15 juill. 2022 à 19 h 39
retired
Quoting: Alfie11
Eh, I don't really agree. I'm gonna be honest, unless the contract was agreed upon like months in advance, I don't really care. If the team isn't offering close to what they want end of story, then any intervening time at that point is largely irrelevant, they're gone regardless. Getting a deal done a few days in advance is whatever. And in reality, you're never gonna stop it. Like Ken Holland is talking to Kurt Overhardt for any number of reasons (we're not qualifying Filip Berglund, no interest in bringing back Turris, is Mike Smith planning to retire?) and just drops a "yeah Campbell is a guy we're super interested in" at the end of that meeting, what are you really gonna do about that? Have an NHL representative follow every GM around all day to all of these agent meetings? Bug their phones?

Edit: And I bet Andrew Copp never came up in any of those negotiations that Kurt Overhardt and Steve Yzerman weren't having regarding a Larkin extension lol

its damn near impossible to enforce but if someone gets caught they should have to give up a pick to the other team.
15 juill. 2022 à 21 h 8
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
its damn near impossible to enforce but if someone gets caught they should have to give up a pick to the other team.

why should the Oilers give a pick to the leafs for Campbell when the leafs weren't even trying to re-sign him if the leafs were trying to re-sign him and the Oilers swooped him last second and gave him a better offer yeah then I can see that argument but that wasn't the case
15 juill. 2022 à 21 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Just noticed DET gonna have to trade a wing soon as they got to many rn

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage