Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $68 795 416 $1 132 500 $5 070 000 $13 704 584 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 45
habslife
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 90
WTF! NON!
Campabee a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Change the prospect to Mysak and drop the 24' pick in to a 2nd rounder and I think the Jets entertain the offer.
BadaBing et habslife a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6,973
It's hard to day of that gets it done. If Chevy feels pressured, maybe. But if imagine that he holds it for better players/prospects of he had to wait until 24 fir a pick.

He'd likely just wait until next summer and see what's available.
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,390
Quoting: KPasty
Change the prospect to Mysak and drop the 24' pick in to a 2nd rounder and I think the Jets entertain the offer.

Of course it is but Montreal won't be offering this kind of package since it is widely known that he wants to go to FA so that he can sign with Montreal. It is sort of like the Fox situation, not quite though cause Fox hadn't played in the NHL yet. So the most you will see is something like a 1st (top 10 protected) + roster player (Dvorak or Anderson) + cap dump (Drouin, Armia, Hoffman) + good prospect (Kidney, Mysak, Ylonen) but that would be the maximum Montreal should offer. If it is not accepted then the Jets can keep PLD and we will just sign him later.
habslife a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 56
Quoting: Windjammer
It's hard to day of that gets it done. If Chevy feels pressured, maybe. But if imagine that he holds it for better players/prospects of he had to wait until 24 fir a pick.

He'd likely just wait until next summer and see what's available.

Next summer is not going to be any better since PLD only wants to play for Montreal. In fact I think the longer he waits the less other teams will offer seeing as he won't resign with them. Chevy is not working from a position of strength here and with each passing day\week\month\season his position weakens.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 10
Quoting: Campabee
Next summer is not going to be any better since PLD only wants to play for Montreal. In fact I think the longer he waits the less other teams will offer seeing as he won't resign with them. Chevy is not working from a position of strength here and with each passing day\week\month\season his position weakens.

Not really. You may want to convince yourself that the offers won't get better, but nothing nothing supports that assumption. If Dubois has a big year and someone sees him as the last piece they need, his price goes up.

Dubois' minimum price at the TDL in 2 years is a 1st and good prospect, so the offer would need to be at least that, plus more for the extra two years.

If the offers are bad, they just keep him and play him. 2 years of PLD and his rental return is better than accepting a poor return.

Chevy is patient and always has done well when he needed to trade a player. I don't see him changing his MO now. He knows he has two years, that's his leverage.
KPasty a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Not really. You may want to convince yourself that the offers won't get better, but nothing nothing supports that assumption. If Dubois has a big year and someone sees him as the last piece they need, his price goes up.

Dubois' minimum price at the TDL in 2 years is a 1st and good prospect, so the offer would need to be at least that, plus more for the extra two years.

If the offers are bad, they just keep him and play him. 2 years of PLD and his rental return is better than accepting a poor return.

Chevy is patient and always has done well when he needed to trade a player. I don't see him changing his MO now. He knows he has two years, that's his leverage.

Exactly, did the same thing in the Trouba situation, waited and when he had to make the deal he got back Pionk and 1st which turned in to Heinola. Jets have no pressure right now. So unless the offer is worth it, they have no reason to move him.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 20
Modifié 14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 31

I agree that PLD is more valuable to the Jets than my stated offer. I just don't see any team offering "fair" value knowing they won't be able to keep him. Most cup contenders and playoff teams are already capped out for at least the next year and rebuilding teams would want longer term than 2 years. My point is there may not be that many teams interested, now I could be totally wrong and someone like NJ could come in and offer 2 1sts and a top prospect for him but I doubt they will now since he was available and no one has made that offer yet. IMO you are right from the Jets perspective it makes the most sense to keep him as their own 2 year rental (or maybe try to flip him later) but from a Habs perspective offering a huge package for a guy that is known to want to only play in Montreal when we are rebuilding and need the cheaper assets and top picks more makes no sense.

EDIT*** Think of it this way for a second. Say Caufield is 24 and an RFA with no contract. Then he comes out and says he would only sign a long term extension with Winnipeg now we don't want to move him cause we know his value to us and we would certainly ask for the world for him but does it make sense for the Jets to pay an extraordinate amount for a player they know they will get in 2 years without costing them assets now? No they would be better off to keep their assets or try negotiating a lower price that works for both sides.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,023
Of course it is but Montreal won't be offering this kind of package since it is widely known that he wants to go to FA so that he can sign with Montreal. It is sort of like the Fox situation, not quite though cause Fox hadn't played in the NHL yet. So the most you will see is something like a 1st (top 10 protected) + roster player (Dvorak or Anderson) + cap dump (Drouin, Armia, Hoffman) + good prospect (Kidney, Mysak, Ylonen) but that would be the maximum Montreal should offer. If it is not accepted then the Jets can keep PLD and we will just sign him later.

I really think fans over-value 1st round picks. If you feel PLD is going to be as good as whomever you choose in 2024 and will help you more now on top of it... You should do the deal.

Dvorak is good but nothing special. Kidney is a project. Florida's pick is gonna be another bottom 10 pick and by 2024 the Habs will be challenging for a playoff spot without Dubois. Getting him today allows the team to look for other players they need instead of a Center. It allows them to evolve Dach as a RW instead of a Center which is probably more realistic if they want him to be a top 6 contributor in the next 2 years.

Basically we accelerate the rebuild by 1 year with this deal which is fine by me!
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 44
I agree that PLD is more valuable to the Jets than my stated offer. I just don't see any team offering "fair" value knowing they won't be able to keep him. Most cup contenders and playoff teams are already capped out for at least the next year and rebuilding teams would want longer term than 2 years. My point is there may not be that many teams interested, now I could be totally wrong and someone like NJ could come in and offer 2 1sts and a top prospect for him but I doubt they will now since he was available and no one has made that offer yet. IMO you are right from the Jets perspective it makes the most sense to keep him as their own 2 year rental (or maybe try to flip him later) but from a Habs perspective offering a huge package for a guy that is known to want to only play in Montreal when we are rebuilding and need the cheaper assets and top picks more makes no sense.

EDIT*** Think of it this way for a second. Say Caufield is 24 and an RFA with no contract. Then he comes out and says he would only sign a long term extension with Winnipeg now we don't want to move him cause we know his value to us and we would certainly ask for the world for him but does it make sense for the Jets to pay an extraordinate amount for a player they know they will get in 2 years without costing them assets now? No they would be better off to keep their assets or try negotiating a lower price that works for both sides.

The biggest problem with your scenario is your assumption that Dubois "will only play for Montreal". He's never said that and his agent has never said that. They have said he would "like" to play in Montreal and that he wants to get to UFA in 2 years, presumably to maximize his earnings.

So, in two years at the TDL, say New York decides they need him and are willing to extend him at $10 mil a season. Do you really think he's not going to consider that if it is more than Montreal is willing to pay?

The Jets can play the two against each other and up the price.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 46
Quoting: jonh514
I really think fans over-value 1st round picks. If you feel PLD is going to be as good as whomever you choose in 2024 and will help you more now on top of it... You should do the deal.

Dvorak is good but nothing special. Kidney is a project. Florida's pick is gonna be another bottom 10 pick and by 2024 the Habs will be challenging for a playoff spot without Dubois. Getting him today allows the team to look for other players they need instead of a Center. It allows them to evolve Dach as a RW instead of a Center which is probably more realistic if they want him to be a top 6 contributor in the next 2 years.

Basically we accelerate the rebuild by 1 year with this deal which is fine by me!

The issue really is that that 1st helps us more now and in the future than PLD does now. We are not likely to be a playoff team with or without him and the cost to acquire him is too high when considering that we could be in the Bedard hunt next draft. Bedard is definitely better than PLD ever will be, wasting potential shots at him for PLD when we know we can sign PLD in 2 years time and keep our assets now is redundant and ridiculous. Florida got significantly weaker this year and are likely a fringe playoff team if they don't do something quickly. That pick could just as easily be a top 5 pick as it could be in the 20's, we could have the best of both worlds by not moving picks right now for a guy we can get later for free, when we are starting to contend.
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 54
The biggest problem with your scenario is your assumption that Dubois "will only play for Montreal". He's never said that and his agent has never said that. They have said he would "like" to play in Montreal and that he wants to get to UFA in 2 years, presumably to maximize his earnings.

So, in two years at the TDL, say New York decides they need him and are willing to extend him at $10 mil a season. Do you really think he's not going to consider that if it is more than Montreal is willing to pay?

The Jets can play the two against each other and up the price.

The biggest problem with your scenario is you can't read between the lines. Dubios has always said his dream is to play for the Habs, his agent have both said he wants to test FA in 2 years and the would "like" to play for the Habs. Sure NY could offer him 10 mil but in 2 years when they are in cap hell wheere are they going to find 10 mil to offer him? they will have 11 roster players to sign and only currently have 25 mil to do so, when those roster players include the likes of Kakko, Lafrenier, Schneider, Lindgren and Miller that 25 Mil will not last long enough to offer 10 mil to PLD. Every cup contender is in the same situation. PLD will be hard pressed to find an offer of 10 mil since he is not worth more than 8 and if he does it definitely won't be from a contender.
14 juill. 2022 à 12 h 3
The biggest problem with your scenario is you can't read between the lines. Dubios has always said his dream is to play for the Habs, his agent have both said he wants to test FA in 2 years and the would "like" to play for the Habs. Sure NY could offer him 10 mil but in 2 years when they are in cap hell wheere are they going to find 10 mil to offer him? they will have 11 roster players to sign and only currently have 25 mil to do so, when those roster players include the likes of Kakko, Lafrenier, Schneider, Lindgren and Miller that 25 Mil will not last long enough to offer 10 mil to PLD. Every cup contender is in the same situation. PLD will be hard pressed to find an offer of 10 mil since he is not worth more than 8 and if he does it definitely won't be from a contender.

Okay, so you want to rely on your fantasy as fact. It's hard to debate against that. You want to discuss an unrealistic scenario that fits your fantasy criteria, but it's just not worth discussing.

New York was an example as I said and you never know what any teams cap situation will be like then. Teams are always making moves.
14 juill. 2022 à 13 h 3
Okay, so you want to rely on your fantasy as fact. It's hard to debate against that. You want to discuss an unrealistic scenario that fits your fantasy criteria, but it's just not worth discussing.

New York was an example as I said and you never know what any teams cap situation will be like then. Teams are always making moves.

You are discussing your fantasy scenario where PLD doesn't really want to join the Habs irregardless of what he or his agent say. Arguing that my opinion is fantasy not fact on a site literally built on fantasy is hilarious. You think your opinions are fact when in reality they too are just fantasy that is just hilarious.

I know NY was an example and teams make changes all the time but my point still stands. Teams like NY and NJ who are looking to be playoff teams for the next 2-4 years are already at or close to the cap with many good young players due a raise within the next 2 years. They won't have money to add a PLD at the TDL for a 1st + prospect and would more likely have to send back cap as well similar to a Montreal trade right now. I have said this previously but you don't seem to grasp the concept, from Montreal's perspective trading for PLD makes little sense right now. We are not in win now mode, our playoff aspersions are still a minimum two years away and PLD will be a FA then. So why should we give up assets now for him? Why shouldn't we wait and sign him later if he is still needed and wants to come? Even if he just wants to test FA in two years, why should we not wait, even if he doesn't sign? Doesn't it make more sense for a rebuilding/retooling team to keep their picks and prospects than to move them for someone who is not needed right now? Montreal will take PLD in a trade but only if it makes sense to do so now and does not cost an extraordinate amount to do so.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage