SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Johnny Gaudreau (7 Years / $9,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

15 juill. 2022 à 7 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Based on Jarmo’s comments on nhl.com, it sounds like he was surprised too. I’ll bet he wishes he hadn’t blown $4M in cap space on Erik Gudbranson.

This decision obviously had nothing to do with hockey or money, or he would have stayed in Calgary. Hockey players are people too. This is all about where do we want to live and raise our kids. (His wife is pregnant.) He may not have anything against the city of Calgary, but he was an American playing in Canada. Even if you don’t do it very often, knowing that you can cross the border easily gives you a feeling of comfort, but covid made us realize we can no longer take that for granted. I think some of the Americans playing in Canada (and Canadians in the US) felt frustrated by this and just wanted to go home. He probably figured Columbus is kind of like where he grew up in New Jersey, but without so much of the big-city atmosphere that a lot of people with young kids want to get away from. Young couples make decisions like this all the time, but hockey players usually don't have the choice. He did.
19 juill. 2022 à 16 h 44
Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 349
Man, the more I think about this signing the less I like this guy. Just lead Calgary along for months and wasted their time. I feel for Flames fans on this one, and thats saying a lot coming from a Canucks fan. Columbus?? What the actual frick.

Says more about the player than it does Columbus, Ohio. Like cleary the guy doesnt care about winning, doesnt want to be in a intense hockey market and just wanted to cash in and coast thru the rest of his career to retirement.. All quiet and peaceful like with yearly spring tee times. Hows the golf in Ohio?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage