SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Evander Kane (4 Years / $5,125,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 juill. 2022 à 9 h 44
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Quoting: TaiwanNumberOne
I'm saying the line "anyone with a shred of decency agrees with me" is evidence that you're too far-gone, not that you're emotionally driven. And it's libelous for you to call him a domestic abuser, unless he's convicted or has admitted to it. His ex accused him of multiple transgressions (including beating her and betting on his own games), the NHL investigated all of it and came up with nothing. What caused Kane to lose his Sharks contract was violating covid restrictions.

Firstly: not what libel is. You aren't a lawyer stop using words you don't understand.
Secondly: anyone with a shred of decency would not support their team acquiring someone like evander kane. It is not a high bar to set. Don't kick the **** out of your spouse.
Third: the nhl investigated the gambling on games, not the rest, and after the Beach stuff do you really trust their investigations anyway? Come on now don't be silly.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2022 à 9 h 51
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 28
Quoting: Random2152
Firstly: not what libel is. You aren't a lawyer stop using words you don't understand.
Secondly: anyone with a shred of decency would not support their team acquiring someone like evander kane. It is not a high bar to set. Don't kick the **** out of your spouse.
Third: the nhl investigated the gambling on games, not the rest, and after the Beach stuff do you really trust their investigations anyway? Come on now don't be silly.

If it's a false statement then it's libel. What makes you think I don't understand that term?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/26/sharks-evander-kane-estranged-wife-drop-domestic-violence-restraining-orders-against-each-other/

"Evander Kane denied abusing his estranged wife after the claim became public and in a recently concluded investigation, the NHL said that allegations of domestic violence made by Anna Kane could not be substantiated."

*Clears throat* lol please stop replying
PandaHat et CD282 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2022 à 9 h 52
Im just kinda here
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 97
popcorn
Nice contract, let's see what trouble Kane gets into next
13 juill. 2022 à 9 h 53
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
If it's a false statement then it's libel. What makes you think I don't understand that term?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/26/sharks-evander-kane-estranged-wife-drop-domestic-violence-restraining-orders-against-each-other/

"Evander Kane denied abusing his estranged wife after the claim became public and in a recently concluded investigation, the NHL said that allegations of domestic violence made by Anna Kane could not be substantiated."

*Clears throat* lol please stop replying

Libel has a very specific legal definition. The fact you are using it in an incorrect context is why I think you don't understand it lmao.

That's great. He has an extremely long history of this and there is more than enough evidence to be wary of the guy. Enough excusing **** behaviour behind technicalities. Go look at the pictures and tell me that's okay
13 juill. 2022 à 10 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 728
W signing.
OldNYIfan et PandaHat a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2022 à 10 h 15
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
This will help in EK's bankruptcy case. Future earnings to pay off his debt lol

Year two the Oilers will go why did we sign this guy so long... and try to void the contract like the Sharks.
13 juill. 2022 à 10 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Give him two years before he complains about being mistreated and wants out.
13 juill. 2022 à 10 h 42
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 144
really disappointed that i am now morally obligated to hope mcdavid misses the playoffs the next 4 years or until he gets traded...
13 juill. 2022 à 10 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 547
When it comes down to the last day and the player isn't signed yet, I assume he’s gone, so I was surprised to see him signed this morning, especially to such a reasonable contract. This is a good signing for the Oilers. They were able to find out last season that he’s a great fit for them, and that his personal problems have not affected his game and he’s still the player he was when he was earning almost $2M a year more in San Jose. This contract takes him one year beyond what that one would have, but it still runs out before his 35th birthday, so it’s an ideal term for somebody his age. I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be one of those team-friendly contracts that every contending team seems to have a couple of.
13 juill. 2022 à 11 h 1
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Oh man...
13 juill. 2022 à 12 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 854
This is a NO from me. Even if you ignore his off-ice crap, he doesn't last four years before he's toxic in the dressing room.
13 juill. 2022 à 12 h 14

The fact that you keep misusing that term. That's why we know you don't understand what it means.

And the NHL clearing a player means nothing when it comes to whether or not he's guilty.
13 juill. 2022 à 13 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 588
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
This is a NO from me. Even if you ignore his off-ice crap, he doesn't last four years before he's toxic in the dressing room.

ah yes, I'm sure you've been around him in the oilers dressing room enough much to know that he's a cancer, stop acting like you know everything lmao.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2022 à 16 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 28
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
The fact that you keep misusing that term. That's why we know you don't understand what it means.

And the NHL clearing a player means nothing when it comes to whether or not he's guilty.

Just FYI, you two repeating that I'm misusing the term doesn't make it so. It is a written defamatory statement that (given the evidence we have) is untrue. Definition of libel.
PandaHat et CD282 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2022 à 16 h 33
Just FYI, you two repeating that I'm misusing the term doesn't make it so. It is a written defamatory statement that (given the evidence we have) is untrue. Definition of libel.

Two points:
1.) We have evidence it is true. Lots of it.
2.) He's a public figure, which means libel requires actual malice.

You are wrong.
26 juill. 2022 à 13 h 40
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 121
"Slander is spoken, in print it's libel"

-J. Jonah Jameson
16 oct. 2023 à 18 h 29
Quoting: weirfanno1
This will help in EK's bankruptcy case. Future earnings to pay off his debt lol

Year two the Oilers will go why did we sign this guy so long... and try to void the contract like the Sharks.

I know it is only two games into year two, but his on-ice goal differential is already nearly 4 BELOW expected. Yeah, this is already one of a few contracts the Oilers can't be happy with.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage