12 mai 2017 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 118
if there is only one trade made for one of these players
13 mai 2017 à 2 h 4
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Johnson if he is available ... nobody would ever trade for Duchene at Sakic's asking price. If it'll cost them Hamonic, Pulock, and the 15th overall pick, no way ... i wouldn't even trade Hamonic straight up for Duchene as the Islanders ... though Garth Snow is the General Manager, so he could always do something like that, but even Garth Snow might not be willing to do that. If Tyler Johnson is available, sure, except for one thing: they want a winger to play with Tavares, not a centre ... still though, i don't see Panarin as a fit, and i don't see them trading for Duchene with the ridiculously high asking price. But i think maybe someone else, like possibly Alex Steen, or they could go after Oshie in free agency. I could see them signing Oshie, as they want that winger. I could also see some kind of Tyler Bozak - Johnny Boychuk trade with the Maple Leafs. I see Bozak as a good fit with the Islanders ... or possibly Steven Stamkos, though he probably isn't available, and if he is, it would probably cost them ... well, first they'd have to move up in the draft, maybe to 3rd. Then it might cost them Ho-Sang, Pulock, 3rd overall, Leddy, and more than just that. So he'd be very hard to acquire. Stamkos is kind of untrad(e)able though, because of injuries, so one team could get completely destroyed in a Stamkos trade, just like Letang, or prospects like Kerby Rychel.

Realistically, i think Duchene costs them Ho-Sang and possibly a late round pick. No joke. Duchene, i think, kind of struggles to play the best defensive game, as well as not being much of a leader, and also he has like, what? 5 points in his last 25 games or something? If Joe Sakic wants a number 1 guy in Hamonic, that's ridiculous, even straight up. If he wants Hamonic, Pulock (one of their top prospects), AND a 1st round pick, that's just crazy. I don't even think Garth Snow (who i think is the worst GM in the league) would take that. Even after losing 3 key guys in free agency last year and replacing them with Ladd, giving up so much for Vanek and later that year trading him for almost nothing, drafting Strome, Dal-Colle, and Reinhart with top 5 picks, giving up so much for Leddy, and all that, i still don't think he'd give up Hamonic, Pulock, and a 1st for Duchene. I'd say that's the kind of package that might get them a guy like Erik Karlsson if the Islanders maybe added a bit more to that package (not that i think either team should do that, but i think it would be fair in value if the Islanders added a bit more). So that's a lot for a 2nd liner in my opinion.

Sure, when Duchene's at his best he can be really good, and i think that could happen with a new team ... but even then i'd probably rather have Hamonic than Duchene, and i think it would be a very hard decision to make if you give up so much for a player when it's really questionable if that's the right team for them, and if you're actually getting what you want with this player ... sure, sometimes it happens with guys who you think are going to be a good fit, but i don't think they should do it with a guy who has really struggled in the last few years. I think, in the end, Duchene just ends up in Anaheim, because they might offer something including Theodore/Larsson, as they could use a forward. I think it's likely Theodore or Larsson gets moved, though i think Vatanen is more likely, though not for Duchene. They might get a pretty good package from the Islanders too, though i think Anaheim offers more ... or possibly Washington, who i don't think should give up. You have 2 options if you're the Caps: 1) go for the cup another year, and 2) give up and trade your best player (Ovechkin). So in the end, option 1 looks better, and i think Duchene might be a really good fit for the Capitals, though they might not have the type of package the Avalanche are looking for unless they give up some current players, which i don't see them doing much yet. So maybe something like Vrana for Duchene and some picks ... then from Anaheim you maybe have Manson, Theodore, and maybe a pick going from one of the two teams, it seems a little off, but not sure why ... realistically, the Islanders maybe offer Ho-Sang and possibly a late rounder pick as well ... Anaheim's offer, i think, would be better. Sure there are so many teams, but in the end i think he goes to Anaheim, who i think makes the best offer and acquires Matt Duchene.

So what would it take to acquire Tyler Johnson then? Possibly Hamonic would have to be involved, but i'd say take him out of the trade ... so possibly something like Leddy, Bellows, and the 15th overall pick, maybe for Johnson and a pick ... a big problem here is injuries, because Johnson has injury problems, and that would be a problem. So maybe then they go after Alex Steen or someone like him instead, so possibly a winger. But maybe not Steen, as he is a left winger, and might not be a 1st line left winger. I think they have that 1st line LW though with Anders Lee (really, i think he is a 1LW ... he got 34 goals this year), but then they could use a 1st line right winger. I've seen quite a few teams on this site, the idea of Kucherov to the Islanders ... i don't see that happening. The only way to get him i think would be to trade Tavares for Kucherov and 1 or 2 picks, which would probably never happen ... but in the end, there's one guy who some may not see as the Islanders' forward that they add ... i wouldn't call him a 1st line right winger, but i think he could be one with the Islanders, and would be a great fit there ... so he could possibly turn into one ...

The one guy i think really makes sense for both teams is, well ... i have both my favourite teams making a trade together, as i think Rick Nash is that guy. He could fit in really well with the New York Islanders i think ... i think he needs a fresh start. Why does it make sense for the Islanders? Well, they have Lee, but Tavares is a passer, and if you get a guy like Tavares with Lee on the left side and Nash on the right side, that could be a good line. Nash is a goal scorer, and Tavares is a passer, so why not have both on the same line? So if you have a line with Tavares (a great passer), Lee (a goal scorer), and Nash (another good goal scorer), that's a good line.

So yes, in the end, i'd say Rick Nash goes to the Islanders, because also, with Tavares' leadership, Rick Nash could get a fresh start with help from John Tavares, and this team could make the playoffs ... and possibly go pretty far ... and maybe, just maybe, bring the Stanely Cup to the island.
13 juin 2017 à 21 h 26
Frankthetank41
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Duchene, hands down. Should already be a Islander. Then resign Jt.
14 juin 2017 à 14 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Frankthetank41

Not if he costs them Hamonic+ though. Hamonic is a real #1 defenseman, and would be on a lot of teams. Duchene, i think is very overrated. He could be really good if you put him on the right team, but the challenge is finding the right team. Obviously it doesn't seem to be Colorado. Matt Duchene to Anaheim seems like a good trade to me with the return being Josh Manson, Shea Theodore, and a 4th round pick. I don't see them getting anything like Hamonic, Strome, Dal-Colle, and a 1st. To me, that's just crazy. I mean, what if they do that and then he still keeps playing like a 2nd liner? I mean, if he plays great, yeah, maybe if he plays like a superstar, but if he keeps playing like a 2nd liner, you could have just wasted your best d-man and more. I think Anaheim could use a scoring forward like Duchene, and he could fit in there with Getzlaf on the wing or as the 2nd liner centre, and i think he could be a good fit there. But it doesn't mean i think they should give up Lindholm, Larsson, Jones, and a 1st, because once again: what if he doesn't work out there?

To me, Colorado should be more reasonable with the asking price on Duchene. If they start asking for a lot less, i think the Islanders would be interested for sure.
20 juin 2017 à 9 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Frankthetank41

Not if he costs them Hamonic+ though. Hamonic is a real #1 defenseman, and would be on a lot of teams. Duchene, i think is very overrated. He could be really good if you put him on the right team, but the challenge is finding the right team. Obviously it doesn't seem to be Colorado. Matt Duchene to Anaheim seems like a good trade to me with the return being Josh Manson, Shea Theodore, and a 4th round pick. I don't see them getting anything like Hamonic, Strome, Dal-Colle, and a 1st. To me, that's just crazy. I mean, what if they do that and then he still keeps playing like a 2nd liner? I mean, if he plays great, yeah, maybe if he plays like a superstar, but if he keeps playing like a 2nd liner, you could have just wasted your best d-man and more. I think Anaheim could use a scoring forward like Duchene, and he could fit in there with Getzlaf on the wing or as the 2nd liner centre, and i think he could be a good fit there. But it doesn't mean i think they should give up Lindholm, Larsson, Jones, and a 1st, because once again: what if he doesn't work out there?

To me, Colorado should be more reasonable with the asking price on Duchene. If they start asking for a lot less, i think the Islanders would be interested for sure.

Isn't Harmonic the guy who wanted Islanders to trade him to be closer to Winnipeg for family issues? I don't see him as a #1 D-man, he isn't Drew Doughtly, King Karl, or even a Brent Burns elite talent etc... Duchene has blinding speed but is injury prone which the ice at Barclays center would be dicey for him. Tyler Johnson is like 5'8 even smaller than cammaleri on Devils who has broken down or had injury issues from lack of size. Its not as bad in the East like it would be in the West with that lack of height... The days of Theo Fleurry are mostly over besides Johnny Hockey on Calgary smile. I hoped Ladd would pan out better for the Islanders along with a few other moves. Tavares is a generational talent yet when they get back PA Parentou they toss him on waivers? They ditch Matt Moulson, Vanek didn't want to play for them either... Going all the way back to Kirk Muller along with others like Visnovsky and Tim Thomas... Though least Lubomir decided to play doing relatively well besides injuries which cost me a chance to see him play final game against Kings at Nassau Coliseum. I got to see Shore score his first NHL goal though haha smile... Many thought Devils fleeced Edmonton in the Hall trade, it worked out for both with NJ getting 1st overall pick while Edmonton got into post season helped by a quality right shooting D-man. So NHL trades might not work out in Fantasy though they could in real life... Kings under Dean only really hit big short/long term on 3 trades, shipping a -90 player in Jack Johnson for Carter along with a 1st rounder that was lost etc... Second was getting Justin Williams which helped them win 2 cups along with Jeff especially the 2014 run from Mr. Game 7... Third would be the Gaborik one for the likes of Matt Frattin among other odds and ends... Besides that I think they only did alright on the Vinny/Schenn deal which would have been great if they kept Luke like Coyotes who protected him... Finally the McNabb deal getting back picks lost in the awful Robyn Regehr deal from Buffalo along with trading guys who don't think were ever going to pan out at NHL for LA.

I'm hoping Islanders move back to Nassau Coliseum, otherwise maybe Bellmont or some other places might work for them better than a basketball bad sight lines arena in Brooklyn. At least they got Hickey off waivers for nothing who was like a 4th overall pick from Kings wink... Stole Berube too but he didn't do so well last year in net smile. Moulson was another guy, so just raid the Kings farm system it worked for Bill Smith as well smile...
20 juin 2017 à 11 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth

Isn't Harmonic the guy who wanted Islanders to trade him to be closer to Winnipeg for family issues? I don't see him as a #1 D-man, he isn't Drew Doughtly, King Karl, or even a Brent Burns elite talent etc... Duchene has blinding speed but is injury prone which the ice at Barclays center would be dicey for him. Tyler Johnson is like 5'8 even smaller than cammaleri on Devils who has broken down or had injury issues from lack of size. Its not as bad in the East like it would be in the West with that lack of height... The days of Theo Fleurry are mostly over besides Johnny Hockey on Calgary smile. I hoped Ladd would pan out better for the Islanders along with a few other moves. Tavares is a generational talent yet when they get back PA Parentou they toss him on waivers? They ditch Matt Moulson, Vanek didn't want to play for them either... Going all the way back to Kirk Muller along with others like Visnovsky and Tim Thomas... Though least Lubomir decided to play doing relatively well besides injuries which cost me a chance to see him play final game against Kings at Nassau Coliseum. I got to see Shore score his first NHL goal though haha smile... Many thought Devils fleeced Edmonton in the Hall trade, it worked out for both with NJ getting 1st overall pick while Edmonton got into post season helped by a quality right shooting D-man. So NHL trades might not work out in Fantasy though they could in real life... Kings under Dean only really hit big short/long term on 3 trades, shipping a -90 player in Jack Johnson for Carter along with a 1st rounder that was lost etc... Second was getting Justin Williams which helped them win 2 cups along with Jeff especially the 2014 run from Mr. Game 7... Third would be the Gaborik one for the likes of Matt Frattin among other odds and ends... Besides that I think they only did alright on the Vinny/Schenn deal which would have been great if they kept Luke like Coyotes who protected him... Finally the McNabb deal getting back picks lost in the awful Robyn Regehr deal from Buffalo along with trading guys who don't think were ever going to pan out at NHL for LA.

I'm hoping Islanders move back to Nassau Coliseum, otherwise maybe Bellmont or some other places might work for them better than a basketball bad sight lines arena in Brooklyn. At least they got Hickey off waivers for nothing who was like a 4th overall pick from Kings wink... Stole Berube too but he didn't do so well last year in net smile. Moulson was another guy, so just raid the Kings farm system it worked for Bill Smith as well smile...

Travis Hamonic asked for a trade last year, but then decided that he was fine on the island. However, the Islanders want a winger, and he's their best defenseman, and they have a good defence, so he could possibly get moved. And when i say a number one guy, i don't mean a Drew Doughty or anything. Not even a Burns or a Karlsson or an Ekblad or anything like that. I just mean a number one guy, like probably a top 30 defenseman in the league, not exactly a top 10 or anything. If they can get the Leafs to give up Nylander, they could package Hamonic with something else and try to get William Nylander, though as much as the Maple Leafs want a defenseman, i don't think they want to include Nylander in that deal, so they would probably just have to give up Carrick, Brown, and a 1st round pick for Hamonic, or something like that, though the Islanders likely wouldn't trade him unless they get a really top right wing, instead of a big package. The good think about this for the Islanders is that they get a right-handed shot defenseman to replace Hamonic in the lineup. Now is this enough? Possibly not. But they'd also get a 1st rounder to fix Garth Snow's bad move with Vegas (i can't believe he did that).

I think they trade someone else like Leddy, though he has less trade value. Nick Leddy, if packaged with a guy like Josh Ho-Sang and a 2nd round pick, could possibly pick up a pretty good winger. I mean, they have to look at all their options, but you know what? I think they use prospects if they can. So i like the idea of Rick Nash (retained salary, obviously) for Jaroslav Halak, Josh Ho-Sang, and a 2nd round pick. Sure, it seems bad for the Islanders, but they get a goal scoring winger to play with John Tavares. I mean, they already have Lee, but he could play on the 2nd line. So if Tavares plays with Nash, that could become a pretty scary good line.
21 juin 2017 à 5 h 15

Travis Hamonic asked for a trade last year, but then decided that he was fine on the island. However, the Islanders want a winger, and he's their best defenseman, and they have a good defence, so he could possibly get moved. And when i say a number one guy, i don't mean a Drew Doughty or anything. Not even a Burns or a Karlsson or an Ekblad or anything like that. I just mean a number one guy, like probably a top 30 defenseman in the league, not exactly a top 10 or anything. If they can get the Leafs to give up Nylander, they could package Hamonic with something else and try to get William Nylander, though as much as the Maple Leafs want a defenseman, i don't think they want to include Nylander in that deal, so they would probably just have to give up Carrick, Brown, and a 1st round pick for Hamonic, or something like that, though the Islanders likely wouldn't trade him unless they get a really top right wing, instead of a big package. The good think about this for the Islanders is that they get a right-handed shot defenseman to replace Hamonic in the lineup. Now is this enough? Possibly not. But they'd also get a 1st rounder to fix Garth Snow's bad move with Vegas (i can't believe he did that).

I think they trade someone else like Leddy, though he has less trade value. Nick Leddy, if packaged with a guy like Josh Ho-Sang and a 2nd round pick, could possibly pick up a pretty good winger. I mean, they have to look at all their options, but you know what? I think they use prospects if they can. So i like the idea of Rick Nash (retained salary, obviously) for Jaroslav Halak, Josh Ho-Sang, and a 2nd round pick. Sure, it seems bad for the Islanders, but they get a goal scoring winger to play with John Tavares. I mean, they already have Lee, but he could play on the 2nd line. So if Tavares plays with Nash, that could become a pretty scary good line.

I think 73 games is the most Hamonic ever played in a season... So trading him might be an option since he could miss time from injuries or decline. Heard Eberle was a name they were throwing around who is usually good for 20-30+ goals which might help them. In an ideal world they could trade him then sign Shattenkirk who could be their best d-man since he was on Blues with Pietranangelo for a long time. Travis is a good guy off the ice since he won some award, has a cap hit lower than 4M which helps too. I had kinda wanted the Kings to trade for him when he wanted to be moved. Its possible he still wants to be traded but became less vocal to help the time find a better deal. I'm always worried when the Islanders get prospects since they usually botch it like the Vanek trade that guy is already out of NHL systems back in Sweden or so. NIdo probably would have played for them if didn't feel slighted though at least Clutter wears an A so can't say that was a total disaster. His goal total was down though he still had around the same amt of points. Just have to be careful when deal within Conference of having it come back to haunt... Though Kings traded Jones to Boston only to have him shaft them in San Jose anyway smile. I think Islanders make Post Season if not for Leafs having Boyle, that helped bounce Tampa out of any Post Season run too.

Leddy has probably the most offensive upside though comes with a hefty 5.5M cap hit like Sekera among others... When he was on Chicago I thought he was lacking a bit on defense though. Not as bad as like Mathiew Schneider or whatever his name was back in day. People thought Justin Schultz was 1 dimensional offensive player until he finally got on the right team... Kings botched it not trading for him or even Petry instead doing that dumb Sekera trade which still wasn't as bad as the Zykov going in Versteeg... Who was a healthy scratch when Kings were beating them in Post Season. Leddy is like the only D-man to play almost every game last year making me wonder if the ice is a problem. Either all the Islanders are injury prone or only a handful of them are not playing basically full season of 80 or more games. Vegas taking players/trades might help if plan is to trade Leddy or Hamonic though. There was a guy on Oilers I can't remember his name who was good on Powerplay, though bad on defense, think he is out of hockey now. I had him on a keeper fantasy team, been trying to think of his name for a day without any luck smile.

Islanders got hurt real bad losing Okposo for nothing after all the time invested in him. Hoped maybe they could have traded him after season to get something like Kings did with Bishop or other teams have done. I'm not sure about the rumored deal of the 1st rounder with injured Russian expecting them to take his buddy Kuleman though. I don't mind losing a 1st rounder in a weak draft season like this one though. Kings have done so bad in 1st round missing out on King Karl while reaching for some D-man nobody would have taken. Even Josi went in 2nd round when they took Voynov that draft wink. Islanders have taken some real bad players in 1st round especially that goalie smile. This franchise should have had Chara for a decade as a real #1 D-man, so its hard to know what they will do. Sad they finally paying up to the cap only to have team decimated with injuries likely from the bad ice at Barclays. Left shooting D-men are always easier to sign or trade for, they could probably get Martinez if they were willing to take on Brown's salary smile.

They got Hickey for nothing who scored most memorable OT goal for them since David Volek which I have on tape smile. Who Al Arbour the greatest coach in NHL history fought the ownership to even keep on team. They had planned to get rid of him, always liked him. IF not for the rigged Montreal Cup along with the Dale Hunter shot on Turgeon it would have been Kings vs. Islanders in final. Those teams never recovered from that, Kings to a degree in 2012-14 did having a strong ownership when it comes to spending money. Islanders were used as a pawn to put into Brooklyn to block the KHL from expanding there after a planned game was scheduled. I think even way they were created back in day was to combat the WHL or whatever the rival hockey league was then. IF they don't get into a real hockey arena it wont matter what moves they did. They were the best team at one point almost winning 5 cups in a row. They should have been treated better, I'll kinda miss those black uniforms if they don't wear them this year. I used to hate their blue uniforms, liked the white, hate any teams that use laces on them though. Long as they don't sign anymore Yashin type deals they should be alright eventually if move to a better ice surface hopefully on Long Island smile.

If they can't sign Shattenkirk even Cody Franson can score 8 goals... I'd even try to get the rights to Voynov, he could play 20+ minutes when on LA... Also Russian players are a lot more accepted in NY, California is very xenophobic/hateful towards them... You can't even watch TV without hearing them try to blame everything on Russia smile. At least in NY they have a strong community, he would be a great fit on the ice. Game is changing where need offense from D-men... There wont be many if any who score 40-50+ goals anymore so need to get that scoring from D-men now that league needs 3-5 goals to win these days per game. Sorry reply is a bit delayed got a bit sick yesterday real tired/weak hard to focus etc smile. You only missed playoffs by a point or so even losing all those games to injuries, have to keep a generational talent like Tavares happy or lose him. I was never high on their coach so maybe a full season of Weight will help. Sister had season tickets back when the Nashville coach was there right near/behind his wife smile. I went to a game where remember seeing her, crowd was getting on the coach heavily too. I think part of reason they lost or struggled at times was from Jack Capuano or whatever his name was... They need a bit more consistent play in Net too, Greiss gave a real good effort though not sure if him along with Halak is enough. Maybe if the D-men are a bit more solid/forwards it would help. Blackhawks when they were Cup Contenders had a solid top 4 Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, and Hammer. Even the Kings last run they had Muzzin, Martinez, Voynov, and Drew. Penguins have a solid forward core but their D is pretty good even missing Latang at moving puck/providing offense. They might let a guy walk who has scored 16 goals in a season when he was on Dallas. So Isles can get some free agents if they free up enough cap space making deals to compensate for trading Leddy or Hamonic. Don't want to get stuck with an injury prone player like Kings did Greene giving him 4 years when he was clearly too slow for the current game even in the 2014 Cup Run. Its just tough since he is a great guy off ice like Moulson was doing the Wounded Warrior stuff too...
21 juin 2017 à 16 h 13
Black Lives Matter

I think 73 games is the most Hamonic ever played in a season... So trading him might be an option since he could miss time from injuries or decline. Heard Eberle was a name they were throwing around who is usually good for 20-30+ goals which might help them. In an ideal world they could trade him then sign Shattenkirk who could be their best d-man since he was on Blues with Pietranangelo for a long time. Travis is a good guy off the ice since he won some award, has a cap hit lower than 4M which helps too. I had kinda wanted the Kings to trade for him when he wanted to be moved. Its possible he still wants to be traded but became less vocal to help the time find a better deal. I'm always worried when the Islanders get prospects since they usually botch it like the Vanek trade that guy is already out of NHL systems back in Sweden or so. NIdo probably would have played for them if didn't feel slighted though at least Clutter wears an A so can't say that was a total disaster. His goal total was down though he still had around the same amt of points. Just have to be careful when deal within Conference of having it come back to haunt... Though Kings traded Jones to Boston only to have him shaft them in San Jose anyway smile. I think Islanders make Post Season if not for Leafs having Boyle, that helped bounce Tampa out of any Post Season run too.

Leddy has probably the most offensive upside though comes with a hefty 5.5M cap hit like Sekera among others... When he was on Chicago I thought he was lacking a bit on defense though. Not as bad as like Mathiew Schneider or whatever his name was back in day. People thought Justin Schultz was 1 dimensional offensive player until he finally got on the right team... Kings botched it not trading for him or even Petry instead doing that dumb Sekera trade which still wasn't as bad as the Zykov going in Versteeg... Who was a healthy scratch when Kings were beating them in Post Season. Leddy is like the only D-man to play almost every game last year making me wonder if the ice is a problem. Either all the Islanders are injury prone or only a handful of them are not playing basically full season of 80 or more games. Vegas taking players/trades might help if plan is to trade Leddy or Hamonic though. There was a guy on Oilers I can't remember his name who was good on Powerplay, though bad on defense, think he is out of hockey now. I had him on a keeper fantasy team, been trying to think of his name for a day without any luck smile.

Islanders got hurt real bad losing Okposo for nothing after all the time invested in him. Hoped maybe they could have traded him after season to get something like Kings did with Bishop or other teams have done. I'm not sure about the rumored deal of the 1st rounder with injured Russian expecting them to take his buddy Kuleman though. I don't mind losing a 1st rounder in a weak draft season like this one though. Kings have done so bad in 1st round missing out on King Karl while reaching for some D-man nobody would have taken. Even Josi went in 2nd round when they took Voynov that draft wink. Islanders have taken some real bad players in 1st round especially that goalie smile. This franchise should have had Chara for a decade as a real #1 D-man, so its hard to know what they will do. Sad they finally paying up to the cap only to have team decimated with injuries likely from the bad ice at Barclays. Left shooting D-men are always easier to sign or trade for, they could probably get Martinez if they were willing to take on Brown's salary smile.

They got Hickey for nothing who scored most memorable OT goal for them since David Volek which I have on tape smile. Who Al Arbour the greatest coach in NHL history fought the ownership to even keep on team. They had planned to get rid of him, always liked him. IF not for the rigged Montreal Cup along with the Dale Hunter shot on Turgeon it would have been Kings vs. Islanders in final. Those teams never recovered from that, Kings to a degree in 2012-14 did having a strong ownership when it comes to spending money. Islanders were used as a pawn to put into Brooklyn to block the KHL from expanding there after a planned game was scheduled. I think even way they were created back in day was to combat the WHL or whatever the rival hockey league was then. IF they don't get into a real hockey arena it wont matter what moves they did. They were the best team at one point almost winning 5 cups in a row. They should have been treated better, I'll kinda miss those black uniforms if they don't wear them this year. I used to hate their blue uniforms, liked the white, hate any teams that use laces on them though. Long as they don't sign anymore Yashin type deals they should be alright eventually if move to a better ice surface hopefully on Long Island smile.

If they can't sign Shattenkirk even Cody Franson can score 8 goals... I'd even try to get the rights to Voynov, he could play 20+ minutes when on LA... Also Russian players are a lot more accepted in NY, California is very xenophobic/hateful towards them... You can't even watch TV without hearing them try to blame everything on Russia smile. At least in NY they have a strong community, he would be a great fit on the ice. Game is changing where need offense from D-men... There wont be many if any who score 40-50+ goals anymore so need to get that scoring from D-men now that league needs 3-5 goals to win these days per game. Sorry reply is a bit delayed got a bit sick yesterday real tired/weak hard to focus etc smile. You only missed playoffs by a point or so even losing all those games to injuries, have to keep a generational talent like Tavares happy or lose him. I was never high on their coach so maybe a full season of Weight will help. Sister had season tickets back when the Nashville coach was there right near/behind his wife smile. I went to a game where remember seeing her, crowd was getting on the coach heavily too. I think part of reason they lost or struggled at times was from Jack Capuano or whatever his name was... They need a bit more consistent play in Net too, Greiss gave a real good effort though not sure if him along with Halak is enough. Maybe if the D-men are a bit more solid/forwards it would help. Blackhawks when they were Cup Contenders had a solid top 4 Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, and Hammer. Even the Kings last run they had Muzzin, Martinez, Voynov, and Drew. Penguins have a solid forward core but their D is pretty good even missing Latang at moving puck/providing offense. They might let a guy walk who has scored 16 goals in a season when he was on Dallas. So Isles can get some free agents if they free up enough cap space making deals to compensate for trading Leddy or Hamonic. Don't want to get stuck with an injury prone player like Kings did Greene giving him 4 years when he was clearly too slow for the current game even in the 2014 Cup Run. Its just tough since he is a great guy off ice like Moulson was doing the Wounded Warrior stuff too...

Isn't Voynov the guy who got in trouble and got kicked out of the NHL or am i getting mixed up with someone else? Because if he is the guy i'm thinking of i don't think they're allowed to get him. Anyway, i just heard that Hamonic might not be part of a Duchene trade and it might involve Strome, De-Haan, and a 2nd round pick. Though i wouldn't move Strome straight up for Duchene. I feel like he has top 6 potential, and Duchene could be really good on the right team, but are the Isles the right team or not? I wouldn't mind Strome, De-Haan, and a 2nd round pick too much, though i don't think they should trade Hamonic for either Eberle or Duchene. I mean, maybe Hamonis for Eberle if the Oilers add, but it would have to be quite a bit. Maybe something like Eberle, Reinhart, and a 1st round pick, though that's a big package for Edmonton to give up, AND i don't think the Islanders would do that. The Oilers might do it but i don't think the Isles would trade him unless it's straight up for a really top winger. I mean, maybe they could get someone really good if they packaged Hamonic with Pulock and Strome. That could pick up something pretty good, like maybe even an almost-superstar. Or also maybe Hamonic to Dallas for the 3rd overall pick, though it would probably have to include other pieces in each direction. I know that seems like a lot, but it's not the best draft so it could make sense.

I like the idea of Tyler Johnson, but only for the Islanders, and i don't see Tampa moving him. Maybe Hamonic for Johnson, though i don't see Tampa doing that, AND the Isles would probably rather a winger than a centre. The reason i like Nash to the Islanders is because it wouldn't involve Hamonic, and he would be very good there i think. So yes, i like the idea of Ho-Sang, Halak, and a 2nd round pick, maybe even more, though think the package is probably just right.

Artemi Panarin is another option, but he would cost a lot, and i think they'd rather a cheaper goal-scorer than an expensive guy like Panarin or Johnson. If Joe Sakic is reasonable with his asking price i think the Islanders should try to get him, but i think Anaheim would beat them to it. So i think Nash is the right guy, and the Rangers would be willing to move him even with retained salary.
21 juin 2017 à 18 h 49

Isn't Voynov the guy who got in trouble and got kicked out of the NHL or am i getting mixed up with someone else? Because if he is the guy i'm thinking of i don't think they're allowed to get him. Anyway, i just heard that Hamonic might not be part of a Duchene trade and it might involve Strome, De-Haan, and a 2nd round pick. Though i wouldn't move Strome straight up for Duchene. I feel like he has top 6 potential, and Duchene could be really good on the right team, but are the Isles the right team or not? I wouldn't mind Strome, De-Haan, and a 2nd round pick too much, though i don't think they should trade Hamonic for either Eberle or Duchene. I mean, maybe Hamonis for Eberle if the Oilers add, but it would have to be quite a bit. Maybe something like Eberle, Reinhart, and a 1st round pick, though that's a big package for Edmonton to give up, AND i don't think the Islanders would do that. The Oilers might do it but i don't think the Isles would trade him unless it's straight up for a really top winger. I mean, maybe they could get someone really good if they packaged Hamonic with Pulock and Strome. That could pick up something pretty good, like maybe even an almost-superstar. Or also maybe Hamonic to Dallas for the 3rd overall pick, though it would probably have to include other pieces in each direction. I know that seems like a lot, but it's not the best draft so it could make sense.

I like the idea of Tyler Johnson, but only for the Islanders, and i don't see Tampa moving him. Maybe Hamonic for Johnson, though i don't see Tampa doing that, AND the Isles would probably rather a winger than a centre. The reason i like Nash to the Islanders is because it wouldn't involve Hamonic, and he would be very good there i think. So yes, i like the idea of Ho-Sang, Halak, and a 2nd round pick, maybe even more, though think the package is probably just right.

Artemi Panarin is another option, but he would cost a lot, and i think they'd rather a cheaper goal-scorer than an expensive guy like Panarin or Johnson. If Joe Sakic is reasonable with his asking price i think the Islanders should try to get him, but i think Anaheim would beat them to it. So i think Nash is the right guy, and the Rangers would be willing to move him even with retained salary.

I forgot to mention to be wary of anybody Toronto might trade. Look at the injured player who is going to Vegas who had 3 seasons on Leafs of 20 or more goals... Kulemen had a 30 goal season there then never got more than half of that in a year with 15 being his max. You are more likely to get a Matt Frattin when dealing with the Leafs than a Wendell Clark smile. Even Dustin Brown had a 30 goal season so I'm always a bit careful with certain organizations...

Voynov would have to apply to be reinstated by NHL since he is playing in KHL after serving 90 days. NY has people on teams who have been convicted of a lot worse. Besides that was a few years ago he is a bit older is married to her now. NHL has had people like Heatley who were involved in a death play without having any problems afterwards for most part. Colorado Avalanche won division year their goalie was accused of stuff by his former gf, then was accused another season without anything ever happening. A lot depends on what state you are in along with timing. Voynov helped Kings beat Rangers in Cup Final if recall he made a big save on what was an empty net I think in OT with Quick out of position. In the 2013 WCF run he had been their beast player scoring at a pretty impressive rate. Depends how much he would cost, I think Islanders would be able to trade for his rights then eventually get NHL to allow him back into league. He had a Bronze Medal I think in 2016 in some tourney, coming off a nice season in KHL too...

It seems like Berube is the player being taken after the trade of injured player/1st round pick. There some reports Oilers are losing Reinhart in the expansion draft. Strome I think was a healthy scratch which surprised me maybe in a post season or so? I think Jack didn't like him or get along with him not sure what the story really was. HE seemed like he had some decent upside, they could afford to flip him if get back a Duchene or a Panarin type player probably. I used to like Hall along with Eberle, they could have some really big nights at least for fantasy hockey if nothing else.

Best return Islanders might get on a player like Hamonic might be at the trade deadline. Teams will be more likely to go for it now that Vegas has the team without fear of losing assets for nothing in return. Team needs to have enough cap space to make a move anyways. Islanders should have enough freed up, while others will struggle just to keep roster intact. De Haan I think was their only D-man to play in all 82 games last year. On way home from Vet today I saw a license player Goalie 39 with New York Islanders around it having a goalie sticker thing too. I wonder if that was Dipietro, think it was a Chystler 200 or something so really funny timing.

I used to really like Tyler Johnson but he is only 5'8 so I worry how he will hold up. I guess St. Louis did alright for the Rangers along with Theo Flurry or whatever back in day. He could play a few forward positions to help move him up/down the lines putting him in good situations. I'd rather have Eberle, Duchese, or Panarin out of the people that named depending on the cost. Think of it this way if don't give Tavares enough reason to stay will be losing a 1st overall draft pick generational talent. Chances are Hamonic will be a bit injury prone given his history. Look at when they had one of the best shot blockers besides Kris Russel in MacDonald at like 500K how he has done since getting a big contract with Flyers. Sometimes guys who do well for Islanders don't pan out so great on other teams. Though have times like Hextall who was abysmal for them only to end up doing well prior and afterwards. Devan Dubnyk didn't look like he was going to pan out until a fluke allowed him to get on The Minnesota Wild I think via Edmonton and Nashville smile. People seem to want to keep Pulock, if Islanders lose Halak they can try to sign Bernier, Keumper, or Chad Johnson in Net if Vegas don't beat them to it. Those guys still have chances of becoming starters while Chad Johnson is a decent backup at worse. I was never a fan of Miller or Pavelec, though maybe Steve Mason would be worth rolling dice on. Elliot would probably be the only other option though I don't think he would ever win a championship he could at least replace Berube and Halak to backup Greiss or platoon like he did on Calgary. Kinkaid or Peters would be cheap backups, Kinkaid would fit right in coming from Devils staying in almost same area.
22 juin 2017 à 12 h 45
Black Lives Matter

I forgot to mention to be wary of anybody Toronto might trade. Look at the injured player who is going to Vegas who had 3 seasons on Leafs of 20 or more goals... Kulemen had a 30 goal season there then never got more than half of that in a year with 15 being his max. You are more likely to get a Matt Frattin when dealing with the Leafs than a Wendell Clark smile. Even Dustin Brown had a 30 goal season so I'm always a bit careful with certain organizations...

Voynov would have to apply to be reinstated by NHL since he is playing in KHL after serving 90 days. NY has people on teams who have been convicted of a lot worse. Besides that was a few years ago he is a bit older is married to her now. NHL has had people like Heatley who were involved in a death play without having any problems afterwards for most part. Colorado Avalanche won division year their goalie was accused of stuff by his former gf, then was accused another season without anything ever happening. A lot depends on what state you are in along with timing. Voynov helped Kings beat Rangers in Cup Final if recall he made a big save on what was an empty net I think in OT with Quick out of position. In the 2013 WCF run he had been their beast player scoring at a pretty impressive rate. Depends how much he would cost, I think Islanders would be able to trade for his rights then eventually get NHL to allow him back into league. He had a Bronze Medal I think in 2016 in some tourney, coming off a nice season in KHL too...

It seems like Berube is the player being taken after the trade of injured player/1st round pick. There some reports Oilers are losing Reinhart in the expansion draft. Strome I think was a healthy scratch which surprised me maybe in a post season or so? I think Jack didn't like him or get along with him not sure what the story really was. HE seemed like he had some decent upside, they could afford to flip him if get back a Duchene or a Panarin type player probably. I used to like Hall along with Eberle, they could have some really big nights at least for fantasy hockey if nothing else.

Best return Islanders might get on a player like Hamonic might be at the trade deadline. Teams will be more likely to go for it now that Vegas has the team without fear of losing assets for nothing in return. Team needs to have enough cap space to make a move anyways. Islanders should have enough freed up, while others will struggle just to keep roster intact. De Haan I think was their only D-man to play in all 82 games last year. On way home from Vet today I saw a license player Goalie 39 with New York Islanders around it having a goalie sticker thing too. I wonder if that was Dipietro, think it was a Chystler 200 or something so really funny timing.

I used to really like Tyler Johnson but he is only 5'8 so I worry how he will hold up. I guess St. Louis did alright for the Rangers along with Theo Flurry or whatever back in day. He could play a few forward positions to help move him up/down the lines putting him in good situations. I'd rather have Eberle, Duchese, or Panarin out of the people that named depending on the cost. Think of it this way if don't give Tavares enough reason to stay will be losing a 1st overall draft pick generational talent. Chances are Hamonic will be a bit injury prone given his history. Look at when they had one of the best shot blockers besides Kris Russel in MacDonald at like 500K how he has done since getting a big contract with Flyers. Sometimes guys who do well for Islanders don't pan out so great on other teams. Though have times like Hextall who was abysmal for them only to end up doing well prior and afterwards. Devan Dubnyk didn't look like he was going to pan out until a fluke allowed him to get on The Minnesota Wild I think via Edmonton and Nashville smile. People seem to want to keep Pulock, if Islanders lose Halak they can try to sign Bernier, Keumper, or Chad Johnson in Net if Vegas don't beat them to it. Those guys still have chances of becoming starters while Chad Johnson is a decent backup at worse. I was never a fan of Miller or Pavelec, though maybe Steve Mason would be worth rolling dice on. Elliot would probably be the only other option though I don't think he would ever win a championship he could at least replace Berube and Halak to backup Greiss or platoon like he did on Calgary. Kinkaid or Peters would be cheap backups, Kinkaid would fit right in coming from Devils staying in almost same area.

Sorry, but did you say that Strome could pick up Panarin? Because if they want Artemi Panarin, they're giving up Hamonic, and then adding onto him. Panarin will probably cost Hamonic, Strome, and a 2nd round pick, maybe even more. I just made an islanders roster for 17-18 on this website, and i had Duchene, Eberle, Galchenyuk, AND Nash. All 4 of them ... and i still got to keep Hamonic and De-Haan. I had to say goodbye to Boychuk and Strome though, as well as some more guys. So if they can i think they go for more than one of those guys, because if they add Duchene, Eberle, Galchenyuk, and Nash, this is a cup contender. Or they could build a team for the future, which is probably what they do if it isn't looking like JT will re-sign. Obviously they're going to try to add a forward. But will they get one that is the kind of player they want? Probably, but not for sure. I have an interesting question for you: Do you think that the Islanders will make the playoffs next year? For me it's pretty 50/50. It depends what they do in the offseason. But i'd be interested to hear your answer.

But now, in the middle of writing this post, i saw that the Isles just got Eberle. I think giving up Strome might have been a BIT of an overpayment, but it could work out pretty good. It might be good for both, or it could be good for NYI and bad for EDM, or the other way around, or good for both. We'll have to wait and see but it's definitely an interesting move.

Anyway, now i can ask: Are they done? I like the idea of trying to get Duchene, but only if it doesn't include Hamonic or any other major pieces. I like the idea of Ho-Sang+ for Duchene, but Joe Sakic will probably want the + to be something pretty big. Or it could be something like Leddy for Duchene straight up, or maybe with NYI adding a late round pick. But once again, Joe Sakic wants a lot. Nash could be traded to NYI for something else maybe, like it could include Mayfield. But i think they might not be done.
22 juin 2017 à 14 h 24

Sorry, but did you say that Strome could pick up Panarin? Because if they want Artemi Panarin, they're giving up Hamonic, and then adding onto him. Panarin will probably cost Hamonic, Strome, and a 2nd round pick, maybe even more. I just made an islanders roster for 17-18 on this website, and i had Duchene, Eberle, Galchenyuk, AND Nash. All 4 of them ... and i still got to keep Hamonic and De-Haan. I had to say goodbye to Boychuk and Strome though, as well as some more guys. So if they can i think they go for more than one of those guys, because if they add Duchene, Eberle, Galchenyuk, and Nash, this is a cup contender. Or they could build a team for the future, which is probably what they do if it isn't looking like JT will re-sign. Obviously they're going to try to add a forward. But will they get one that is the kind of player they want? Probably, but not for sure. I have an interesting question for you: Do you think that the Islanders will make the playoffs next year? For me it's pretty 50/50. It depends what they do in the offseason. But i'd be interested to hear your answer.

But now, in the middle of writing this post, i saw that the Isles just got Eberle. I think giving up Strome might have been a BIT of an overpayment, but it could work out pretty good. It might be good for both, or it could be good for NYI and bad for EDM, or the other way around, or good for both. We'll have to wait and see but it's definitely an interesting move.

Anyway, now i can ask: Are they done? I like the idea of trying to get Duchene, but only if it doesn't include Hamonic or any other major pieces. I like the idea of Ho-Sang+ for Duchene, but Joe Sakic will probably want the + to be something pretty big. Or it could be something like Leddy for Duchene straight up, or maybe with NYI adding a late round pick. But once again, Joe Sakic wants a lot. Nash could be traded to NYI for something else maybe, like it could include Mayfield. But i think they might not be done.

I was just saying regardless of the exact cost the 3 players out of those named were Eberle, Panarin, or Duch as for trading for... Now they got the 6M dollar man Eberle in what might be their best trade in a decade or two smile. Put it this way Strome had a career high 17 goals a few years ago, Eberle scored 16 in the lockout shortened season otherwise has always been above that total. I'm almost shaking so happy to see the Islanders land a deal like this. Eberle had his role diminish which contributed to him having a bit lower goal/point totals. This is a product of having to clear up 6M or more to eventually sign McDavid. He could cost 6-8M in cap space himself. I don't think Nash wants to leave the Rangers from what I read. Not sure if this is going to be a big series of trades like decades ago... They made all these deals moving players who had been popular like LaFontaine and Wood. They got Turgeon who was great before Dale Hunter ruined him helping Thomas who was another guy they got along with King get 30-40+ goal range type totals. Others if remember off top of my head were like Uwe Krupp, Adam Creighton (sp), Benoit Hogue, I might be leaving out somebody or whatever too smile.

I'd make a big play shipping Hamonic to Winnipeg if that is where he wants to be so badly. Try to get Trouba who likely will cost 5-6M in cap hit at end of this current contract. Jets might want to ship him for a right handed shot D who would cost them under 4M in cap hit next few seasons. Trouba has potential to be a real #1 Right Shooting D-man, wanted Kings to trade for him... Though it seems they don't have a clue unable to do anything with Brown's crippling contract of 6Mish per year. Figure Islanders could have lost Brock Nelson or Strome for nothing in expansion draft... Going from 1 point away from post season to likely 10 points out. Now they got Eberle who should help them get another 5-10 points in the standings to increase chances of making it again. I remember STrome had been a healthy scratch one of last times Islanders made Post Season in like 3 games. He seemed to be in decline not getting better having 21 goals over his last two seasons after 17 as a career high.

Doubt Hamonic would be enough alone to get Trouba, even if they toss in Leddy it might not happen smile. Need to do well enough this season to help retain/resign a lot of players who will be at end of their contracts. Figure ditched the dead 5M injured contract for a guy making 6M with a year left after this season. Eberle is only 27ish, Strome was about 23ish, this trade should really help them. Needed a guy who could get 20-30+ goals to help keep Tavares too. Most people voting on here seem to think Islanders got better of the deal so smile... Should be really happy if an Islanders fan, I think Eberle fits better in the East since he isn't that big being a tad under 6 feet too. When first saw trade I thought it was so bad it couldn't possible be real with Islanders really getting much better end of things smile.
22 juin 2017 à 19 h 0
Black Lives Matter

I was just saying regardless of the exact cost the 3 players out of those named were Eberle, Panarin, or Duch as for trading for... Now they got the 6M dollar man Eberle in what might be their best trade in a decade or two smile. Put it this way Strome had a career high 17 goals a few years ago, Eberle scored 16 in the lockout shortened season otherwise has always been above that total. I'm almost shaking so happy to see the Islanders land a deal like this. Eberle had his role diminish which contributed to him having a bit lower goal/point totals. This is a product of having to clear up 6M or more to eventually sign McDavid. He could cost 6-8M in cap space himself. I don't think Nash wants to leave the Rangers from what I read. Not sure if this is going to be a big series of trades like decades ago... They made all these deals moving players who had been popular like LaFontaine and Wood. They got Turgeon who was great before Dale Hunter ruined him helping Thomas who was another guy they got along with King get 30-40+ goal range type totals. Others if remember off top of my head were like Uwe Krupp, Adam Creighton (sp), Benoit Hogue, I might be leaving out somebody or whatever too smile.

I'd make a big play shipping Hamonic to Winnipeg if that is where he wants to be so badly. Try to get Trouba who likely will cost 5-6M in cap hit at end of this current contract. Jets might want to ship him for a right handed shot D who would cost them under 4M in cap hit next few seasons. Trouba has potential to be a real #1 Right Shooting D-man, wanted Kings to trade for him... Though it seems they don't have a clue unable to do anything with Brown's crippling contract of 6Mish per year. Figure Islanders could have lost Brock Nelson or Strome for nothing in expansion draft... Going from 1 point away from post season to likely 10 points out. Now they got Eberle who should help them get another 5-10 points in the standings to increase chances of making it again. I remember STrome had been a healthy scratch one of last times Islanders made Post Season in like 3 games. He seemed to be in decline not getting better having 21 goals over his last two seasons after 17 as a career high.

Doubt Hamonic would be enough alone to get Trouba, even if they toss in Leddy it might not happen smile. Need to do well enough this season to help retain/resign a lot of players who will be at end of their contracts. Figure ditched the dead 5M injured contract for a guy making 6M with a year left after this season. Eberle is only 27ish, Strome was about 23ish, this trade should really help them. Needed a guy who could get 20-30+ goals to help keep Tavares too. Most people voting on here seem to think Islanders got better of the deal so smile... Should be really happy if an Islanders fan, I think Eberle fits better in the East since he isn't that big being a tad under 6 feet too. When first saw trade I thought it was so bad it couldn't possible be real with Islanders really getting much better end of things smile.

I think i'd move Hamonic if there was a winger i REALLY wanted and they wanted Hamonic. Like, for example, if i could get Panarin for Hamonic straight up, i'd likely do it, though chances of getting offered that in a straight up deal are pretty low. He would cost more, like probably Hamonic, Pulock, and De-Haan, which would be a big package to give up. If they still had their 1st i'd do the 15th overall pick instead of De-Haan i think, but they don't. And as much as this deal seems fair in value, i don't see why Panarin would get moved. Chicago would probably ask for Travis Hamonic, Ryan Pulock, Mathew Barzal, and a 2nd round pick, which is a big overpayment. Not even close to fair for the Islanders, so i don't see a Panarin trade here. So i think they are possibly not done. I think they should go for Matt Duchene, and if they can't get him they could try to get Alexander Galchenyuk from the Canadiens.

I think that if they can they should look to acquire Matt Martin from the Maple Leafs, to bring back that 4th line that they had for a while. Matt Martin would be a great pickup for the Islanders. They could start by offering a 2nd round pick, and then maybe more if that isn't enough. I like the idea of Parker Wotherspoon, Devon Toews, and a 2nd round pick for Matt Martin. That's a few valuable pieces, but nothing super valuable in this deal, so they could try that and they could likely get a yes from the Maple Leafs.
22 juin 2017 à 21 h 10

I think i'd move Hamonic if there was a winger i REALLY wanted and they wanted Hamonic. Like, for example, if i could get Panarin for Hamonic straight up, i'd likely do it, though chances of getting offered that in a straight up deal are pretty low. He would cost more, like probably Hamonic, Pulock, and De-Haan, which would be a big package to give up. If they still had their 1st i'd do the 15th overall pick instead of De-Haan i think, but they don't. And as much as this deal seems fair in value, i don't see why Panarin would get moved. Chicago would probably ask for Travis Hamonic, Ryan Pulock, Mathew Barzal, and a 2nd round pick, which is a big overpayment. Not even close to fair for the Islanders, so i don't see a Panarin trade here. So i think they are possibly not done. I think they should go for Matt Duchene, and if they can't get him they could try to get Alexander Galchenyuk from the Canadiens.

I think that if they can they should look to acquire Matt Martin from the Maple Leafs, to bring back that 4th line that they had for a while. Matt Martin would be a great pickup for the Islanders. They could start by offering a 2nd round pick, and then maybe more if that isn't enough. I like the idea of Parker Wotherspoon, Devon Toews, and a 2nd round pick for Matt Martin. That's a few valuable pieces, but nothing super valuable in this deal, so they could try that and they could likely get a yes from the Maple Leafs.

I don't think could trade 3 d-men since Boychuk is nearing mid 30's at 6M cap hit while other former Bruin is already 35. Given the Hossa situation I think there is a better chance of Blackhawks trading Hossa to Kings for Dustin Brown than moving Panarin who is coming off back to back 30 goal 70+ point seasons. Maybe would be able to get Ansimov or however spell his name to free up 4.5M cap hit. I'd rather see them get Trouba even if they had to move Hamonic since he might become a #1 right shooting D-man. Boychuk didn't even have a point in 11 games last post season so he must be fading a bit. I think having Trouba would help any wingers they might have coming up anyways. Don't think they would get Martin again, not sure they would flip a 1st rounder for him...

I wouldn't expect them to make another move for a winger... Though I'm pretty sure they would have lost Strome for nothing like they did Okposo. So that deal gives them Eberle probably for least a year or two. Maybe he would stay which would likely be for less than 6M cap hit he has now unless had big season(s). If anything probably could only get Duch from Avalanche or maybe Landenskrag. Heard a rumor of him going to Kings but think they wanted D-man like a Muzzin or Martinez. Maybe they sign a player in free agency, think when they had 5M in LTIR for Grabovski it still hurt them. Not sure 100% how that works, I know Hossa will still cost Chicago probably for least 1st day of season from what read supposedly. Chicago probably will have Toews, Kane, Pan, maybe they would trade Kane or Toews since thy have a 10.5M cap hit at some point. Otherwise none of those 3 is likely to go anywhere. Ansimov might be the only one who maybe cap issues would force out... They are trying to move Kruger to free up space, don't know if he would be any value to Islanders or an interest to them.

As for Galchenyuk its hard to say until see what happens with Radulov. Where he ends up, if he stays on Montreal things of that nature. There rumors he wanted some crazy contract that isn't likely to happen smile. Barzal is somebody people seem to want so maybe it would be best to let him end up playing instead of trading him like a Nido etc wink. Maybe moving Halak then signing a goalie would be the next likely type move. Depending who they signed it might free up a bit more cap space for signing another guy or trading for them. Kinkaid from NJ would probably be less than half his cap hit along with Darcy Kuemper, maybe Steve Mason, Bernier, or Elliot would cost a bit more. Chad Johnson would be reasonable, Justin Peters another cheap option or getting Hutchinson perhaps or some other in a trade.
23 juin 2017 à 1 h 25
Black Lives Matter

I don't think could trade 3 d-men since Boychuk is nearing mid 30's at 6M cap hit while other former Bruin is already 35. Given the Hossa situation I think there is a better chance of Blackhawks trading Hossa to Kings for Dustin Brown than moving Panarin who is coming off back to back 30 goal 70+ point seasons. Maybe would be able to get Ansimov or however spell his name to free up 4.5M cap hit. I'd rather see them get Trouba even if they had to move Hamonic since he might become a #1 right shooting D-man. Boychuk didn't even have a point in 11 games last post season so he must be fading a bit. I think having Trouba would help any wingers they might have coming up anyways. Don't think they would get Martin again, not sure they would flip a 1st rounder for him...

I wouldn't expect them to make another move for a winger... Though I'm pretty sure they would have lost Strome for nothing like they did Okposo. So that deal gives them Eberle probably for least a year or two. Maybe he would stay which would likely be for less than 6M cap hit he has now unless had big season(s). If anything probably could only get Duch from Avalanche or maybe Landenskrag. Heard a rumor of him going to Kings but think they wanted D-man like a Muzzin or Martinez. Maybe they sign a player in free agency, think when they had 5M in LTIR for Grabovski it still hurt them. Not sure 100% how that works, I know Hossa will still cost Chicago probably for least 1st day of season from what read supposedly. Chicago probably will have Toews, Kane, Pan, maybe they would trade Kane or Toews since thy have a 10.5M cap hit at some point. Otherwise none of those 3 is likely to go anywhere. Ansimov might be the only one who maybe cap issues would force out... They are trying to move Kruger to free up space, don't know if he would be any value to Islanders or an interest to them.

As for Galchenyuk its hard to say until see what happens with Radulov. Where he ends up, if he stays on Montreal things of that nature. There rumors he wanted some crazy contract that isn't likely to happen smile. Barzal is somebody people seem to want so maybe it would be best to let him end up playing instead of trading him like a Nido etc wink. Maybe moving Halak then signing a goalie would be the next likely type move. Depending who they signed it might free up a bit more cap space for signing another guy or trading for them. Kinkaid from NJ would probably be less than half his cap hit along with Darcy Kuemper, maybe Steve Mason, Bernier, or Elliot would cost a bit more. Chad Johnson would be reasonable, Justin Peters another cheap option or getting Hutchinson perhaps or some other in a trade.

I didn't say they should give up a 1st rounder for Matt Martin, but i think they should give up quite a bit ... even Matt Martin alone probably would have put them in the playoffs this year ... it was a great 4th line that they had so i don't know why they lose those 3 guys for nothing. Actually, i do. Garth Snow is the GM. That's why. I don't see why some are saying Radulov wants like, 7 million dollars a year. I think he'd cost more like 5 million. Galchenyuk would probably cost 4.5 million to sign and Nick Leddy and some picks to trade for. To me, Hamonic stays if the GM is smart, or at least they don't move him for a 2nd liner. I think people are saying he's a 2nd pairing defenseman just because the Islanders missed the playoffs, or at least i think some are. I heard Calgary might want him, but he would probably cost Sam Bennett, Rasmus Andersson, and a 1st round pick, which isn't the package the New York Islanders are looking for. They could package Hamonic with something else good to try and get Monahan, though that is unlikely, AND he is a centre, not a winger.

The question is: Is Anders Lee a centre or a winger? I think they see him more as a centre, because if he was a winger he's your 'scoring winger to play with John Tavares'. Either way, they need to add scoring if they want to turn into a cup contender. I think they could be a Stanley cup contender in the next few years IF John Tavares re-signs. And imagine if the Islanders win the cup in 2018 and then Tavares leaves as a UFA? It would be interesting to see how they do in 2018-19. If they feel that he is a winger, they could look to acquire Tyler Johnson, but Tampa will probably ask for Travis Hamonic, Parker Wotherspoon, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not gonna happen. Whatever they ask for the Islanders won't do it.

So defence definitely isn't their problem, we all know that, as they have Hamonic (a real #1 guy, and a pretty good one too), Hickey (A top pairing defenseman, or at least top 4), De-Haan (A 2/3 guy, probably a #3 but either way a good player), Leddy (A top 4 defenseman who brings a bit of offence), and Boychuk (a top 4 guy) as their top 4, which is 5 guys, so i guess it's their top 5, which is all top 4 defensemen. PLUS they have Pulock, Pelech, and Mayfield coming in soon. I wasn't a huge fan of the trade they made with Vegas but it wasn't too bad, as they were able to not lose a defenseman. Before the protected lists were announced i thought Hickey was going to become a Golden Knight, and they were pretty lucky not to lose him. I compare Hickey to Ellis, though i value Ellis a little higher than i value Hickey. I mean, no, maybe not quite that high, but i don't see too big of a difference in their level of play.

Some see Thomas Hickey as a 2nd pairing defenseman, but i don't. Speaking of him, he and De-Haan are possibilities i think for a winger. Imagine a package of Hickey, Pulock, and Barzal? That would get them something pretty good for sure, though that is likely not going to be given up.

So i think they use prospects if they want another winger. I would have thought draft picks too, but without that 1st round pick it will be harder to do. To me, Josh Ho-Sang could be traded.
23 juin 2017 à 7 h 37

I didn't say they should give up a 1st rounder for Matt Martin, but i think they should give up quite a bit ... even Matt Martin alone probably would have put them in the playoffs this year ... it was a great 4th line that they had so i don't know why they lose those 3 guys for nothing. Actually, i do. Garth Snow is the GM. That's why. I don't see why some are saying Radulov wants like, 7 million dollars a year. I think he'd cost more like 5 million. Galchenyuk would probably cost 4.5 million to sign and Nick Leddy and some picks to trade for. To me, Hamonic stays if the GM is smart, or at least they don't move him for a 2nd liner. I think people are saying he's a 2nd pairing defenseman just because the Islanders missed the playoffs, or at least i think some are. I heard Calgary might want him, but he would probably cost Sam Bennett, Rasmus Andersson, and a 1st round pick, which isn't the package the New York Islanders are looking for. They could package Hamonic with something else good to try and get Monahan, though that is unlikely, AND he is a centre, not a winger.

The question is: Is Anders Lee a centre or a winger? I think they see him more as a centre, because if he was a winger he's your 'scoring winger to play with John Tavares'. Either way, they need to add scoring if they want to turn into a cup contender. I think they could be a Stanley cup contender in the next few years IF John Tavares re-signs. And imagine if the Islanders win the cup in 2018 and then Tavares leaves as a UFA? It would be interesting to see how they do in 2018-19. If they feel that he is a winger, they could look to acquire Tyler Johnson, but Tampa will probably ask for Travis Hamonic, Parker Wotherspoon, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not gonna happen. Whatever they ask for the Islanders won't do it.

So defence definitely isn't their problem, we all know that, as they have Hamonic (a real #1 guy, and a pretty good one too), Hickey (A top pairing defenseman, or at least top 4), De-Haan (A 2/3 guy, probably a #3 but either way a good player), Leddy (A top 4 defenseman who brings a bit of offence), and Boychuk (a top 4 guy) as their top 4, which is 5 guys, so i guess it's their top 5, which is all top 4 defensemen. PLUS they have Pulock, Pelech, and Mayfield coming in soon. I wasn't a huge fan of the trade they made with Vegas but it wasn't too bad, as they were able to not lose a defenseman. Before the protected lists were announced i thought Hickey was going to become a Golden Knight, and they were pretty lucky not to lose him. I compare Hickey to Ellis, though i value Ellis a little higher than i value Hickey. I mean, no, maybe not quite that high, but i don't see too big of a difference in their level of play.

Some see Thomas Hickey as a 2nd pairing defenseman, but i don't. Speaking of him, he and De-Haan are possibilities i think for a winger. Imagine a package of Hickey, Pulock, and Barzal? That would get them something pretty good for sure, though that is likely not going to be given up.

So i think they use prospects if they want another winger. I would have thought draft picks too, but without that 1st round pick it will be harder to do. To me, Josh Ho-Sang could be traded.

You probably could get Martin for a 4th or 5th round pick since he had 9 points for Toronto... After he had 10 goals for the Islanders a season prior to that... Islanders would have made Post Season if their PP was better winning at least 1 more game if nothing else... Eberle should help their PP if nothing else, hard to do much worse than where they were ranked last year. Lee could play center/wing depending on if its a PP or regular line. Like Jeff Carter often will play RW on the PP even if he usually is a Center... That is good for if guy thrown out of faceoff circle having another center who can take it too. Will be interesting to see how the Islanders stack their lines next year. Penguins had like 4 scoring lines or least 3 pretty stacked one so need scoring up/down every line these days.

Islanders should try to sign some free agents before shipping assets for another forward. You can take a shot at TJ Oshie, Justin Williams, Hanzal, probably not Vanek, Brian Boyle could be a nice option, Bonino, King is big but really slow, PA again, Vrbata would be interesting... IF think can make a Post Season run somebody like Williams at around 3M a year isn't bad. Oshie or Hanzel can pop in 20-30 goals, maybe even Bonino or Vrbata too. Dwight King would give some size if nothing else. Might as well try to sign somebody before moving more assets to get a player who might not do as well as guy can sign for nothing smile.

Trouba might not become a Norris Winner like a Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, King Karl, though maybe a Duncan Keith or Brent Seabrook when they were in prime or an Ellis like on Nashville. I had wanted Kings to get him in case they lose Drew Doughty. Guy can score 8-10+ goals with a fair amt of upside, maybe he can be the Islanders Potvin or like Rangers had Brian Leetch. I'm not sure Halak/Greiss are good enough in net to win Stanley Cup though even Healy went on a nice run. When most of his career was like GAA in the 3's/4's on some bad Kings teams. Fitzpatrick would have been something special if not for that weird issue related to vitamins that cost him a lot of time. I remember he had the 0-0 shutout against Rangers in one of his early games if remember right. Don't think a team with laces on uniform can win cup. Last few winners especially multi titles like Kings, Blackhawks, Penguins that NHL handed them none had laces on both uniforms if any. I can't think of last team to win that had laces on uniform/looking like an untied shoelace or boot smile. Sharks ruined their uniforms adding in the laces when used to have one of best looking. I can see an original 6 team using it, though not other teams. There places like rides where laces can get caught causing harm, or asylums wont let have laces on clothing to wear. Not even sure if could wear them in prison, think they take shoelaces from people or other materials. Was hoping they would have made the black uniforms with NY their new home jerseys, don't think that had any laces. Least I wont have to see Kings ugly yellow jerseys or the grey ones with the silly lace style that least isn't the untied style but still looks lame to me wink.

Hickey was a top 5 draft pick if remember, Kings I think lost him on waivers for that bum Robyn Regehr who if not for him being benched wouldn't have won that 2nd cup. He got hurt, yet in 2013 when he was playing with one arm they kept him on ice instead of replacing with a better lefty shot D-man. That was brutal to watch, guy couldn't skate, nor shoot, totally dragged down Drew Doughty. I think you have to keep Barzal since many think he will be a big time player always asking to trade to get him from posts I've read on various places.

Before making some big trade losing assets I think they should test signing a free agent. The guys I mentioned if they got any of them would probably help more than losing assets etc. You can still trade 1st round pick for like 2018, 19, 2020 I think way the rules are done. If think will be in Post Season that will only be around 20ish at best anyways. You can probably get Iginla cheap for a year or so, maybe Marleau or Joe Thornton, take a shot trying to sign Radulov. Maybe Sharp will rebound though that is asking a lot perhaps smile. Brian Gionta might have a year left in him coming off 15 goals, Doan had a bad season with his Rocky Mountain Fever behind him smile. Fisher will probably stay in Nashville though he would be high profile with his wife being Carrie Underwood smile. Winnik isn't that bad so there a lot of options from lower end to upper scoring ability. Eaves is coming off a 30+ season who will cost more than Ducks might be able to afford. Sam Gagner had a good year with 18 goals, Rene Bourque had 12ish, even Versteeg had 15 goals. There a few others I didn't name who had bad or off years who might be able to bonce back too.
23 juin 2017 à 14 h 18
Black Lives Matter

You probably could get Martin for a 4th or 5th round pick since he had 9 points for Toronto... After he had 10 goals for the Islanders a season prior to that... Islanders would have made Post Season if their PP was better winning at least 1 more game if nothing else... Eberle should help their PP if nothing else, hard to do much worse than where they were ranked last year. Lee could play center/wing depending on if its a PP or regular line. Like Jeff Carter often will play RW on the PP even if he usually is a Center... That is good for if guy thrown out of faceoff circle having another center who can take it too. Will be interesting to see how the Islanders stack their lines next year. Penguins had like 4 scoring lines or least 3 pretty stacked one so need scoring up/down every line these days.

Islanders should try to sign some free agents before shipping assets for another forward. You can take a shot at TJ Oshie, Justin Williams, Hanzal, probably not Vanek, Brian Boyle could be a nice option, Bonino, King is big but really slow, PA again, Vrbata would be interesting... IF think can make a Post Season run somebody like Williams at around 3M a year isn't bad. Oshie or Hanzel can pop in 20-30 goals, maybe even Bonino or Vrbata too. Dwight King would give some size if nothing else. Might as well try to sign somebody before moving more assets to get a player who might not do as well as guy can sign for nothing smile.

Trouba might not become a Norris Winner like a Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, King Karl, though maybe a Duncan Keith or Brent Seabrook when they were in prime or an Ellis like on Nashville. I had wanted Kings to get him in case they lose Drew Doughty. Guy can score 8-10+ goals with a fair amt of upside, maybe he can be the Islanders Potvin or like Rangers had Brian Leetch. I'm not sure Halak/Greiss are good enough in net to win Stanley Cup though even Healy went on a nice run. When most of his career was like GAA in the 3's/4's on some bad Kings teams. Fitzpatrick would have been something special if not for that weird issue related to vitamins that cost him a lot of time. I remember he had the 0-0 shutout against Rangers in one of his early games if remember right. Don't think a team with laces on uniform can win cup. Last few winners especially multi titles like Kings, Blackhawks, Penguins that NHL handed them none had laces on both uniforms if any. I can't think of last team to win that had laces on uniform/looking like an untied shoelace or boot smile. Sharks ruined their uniforms adding in the laces when used to have one of best looking. I can see an original 6 team using it, though not other teams. There places like rides where laces can get caught causing harm, or asylums wont let have laces on clothing to wear. Not even sure if could wear them in prison, think they take shoelaces from people or other materials. Was hoping they would have made the black uniforms with NY their new home jerseys, don't think that had any laces. Least I wont have to see Kings ugly yellow jerseys or the grey ones with the silly lace style that least isn't the untied style but still looks lame to me wink.

Hickey was a top 5 draft pick if remember, Kings I think lost him on waivers for that bum Robyn Regehr who if not for him being benched wouldn't have won that 2nd cup. He got hurt, yet in 2013 when he was playing with one arm they kept him on ice instead of replacing with a better lefty shot D-man. That was brutal to watch, guy couldn't skate, nor shoot, totally dragged down Drew Doughty. I think you have to keep Barzal since many think he will be a big time player always asking to trade to get him from posts I've read on various places.

Before making some big trade losing assets I think they should test signing a free agent. The guys I mentioned if they got any of them would probably help more than losing assets etc. You can still trade 1st round pick for like 2018, 19, 2020 I think way the rules are done. If think will be in Post Season that will only be around 20ish at best anyways. You can probably get Iginla cheap for a year or so, maybe Marleau or Joe Thornton, take a shot trying to sign Radulov. Maybe Sharp will rebound though that is asking a lot perhaps smile. Brian Gionta might have a year left in him coming off 15 goals, Doan had a bad season with his Rocky Mountain Fever behind him smile. Fisher will probably stay in Nashville though he would be high profile with his wife being Carrie Underwood smile. Winnik isn't that bad so there a lot of options from lower end to upper scoring ability. Eaves is coming off a 30+ season who will cost more than Ducks might be able to afford. Sam Gagner had a good year with 18 goals, Rene Bourque had 12ish, even Versteeg had 15 goals. There a few others I didn't name who had bad or off years who might be able to bonce back too.

Matt Martin won't be moved by Toronto unless they get at least a 3rd ... though even that might not happen. He'd be more valuable to the Islanders than he wool to any other team with that 4th line. Unfortunately, i'm not sure if either team will think of that option. They might need to find a new GM, they might look at tons of options and i'm sure Garth Snow probably looked at that option, but i'm not a big fan of how Garth Snow does his job. I'm guessing he didn't see him as a key guy, but the 4th line has a big role sometimes, especially if it's one of the best 4th lines in the league, which the Islanders had, and should still have because Martin should have been re-signed.

I like the idea of an Oshie signing, or if they get 2 1sts for Hamonic one of them could be used in a trade. I don't see next year's 1st being moved as they don't have one this year. I don't see Williams or Hanzal as the kind of guy they want. Maybe Hanzal, but Williams is more of a playoff player, but first i think they should get a team that will make the playoffs before they try to get a better team FOR the playoffs. Oshie is that scoring winger they need, so he could definitely help them out, even with the Eberle trade. Galchenyuk seems like a good option too, though not if he costs them Hamonic. They could try starting with Boychuk, and then they could add Brock Nelson or something, though that seems like too much for the Islanders to give up. Maybe Kieffer Bellows straight up for Galchenyuk? That could work. Or they could start with Beauvillier, but he's probably almost at the top 6 forward level, which he will be for a while i think, Bellows will take longer if you ask me. Though they will both be top 6 forwards i think.

I like the idea of William Nylander, though it will be hard to get Toronto to move him, and he would cost Hamonic+. Panarin has been traded now so they can't get him ... they could also look at Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, though i'm pretty sure Edmonton values him very high ... probably higher than most teams do. Obviously though they need to look at all their options. Mark Bergevin said something very true last year, saying that he didn't want to trade Subban, Price, or Pacioretty, but that he had to look at all his options, because if he didn't look at all his options, he was 'not doing his job' as a general manager. So every team needs to do that.
23 juin 2017 à 17 h 9

Matt Martin won't be moved by Toronto unless they get at least a 3rd ... though even that might not happen. He'd be more valuable to the Islanders than he wool to any other team with that 4th line. Unfortunately, i'm not sure if either team will think of that option. They might need to find a new GM, they might look at tons of options and i'm sure Garth Snow probably looked at that option, but i'm not a big fan of how Garth Snow does his job. I'm guessing he didn't see him as a key guy, but the 4th line has a big role sometimes, especially if it's one of the best 4th lines in the league, which the Islanders had, and should still have because Martin should have been re-signed.

I like the idea of an Oshie signing, or if they get 2 1sts for Hamonic one of them could be used in a trade. I don't see next year's 1st being moved as they don't have one this year. I don't see Williams or Hanzal as the kind of guy they want. Maybe Hanzal, but Williams is more of a playoff player, but first i think they should get a team that will make the playoffs before they try to get a better team FOR the playoffs. Oshie is that scoring winger they need, so he could definitely help them out, even with the Eberle trade. Galchenyuk seems like a good option too, though not if he costs them Hamonic. They could try starting with Boychuk, and then they could add Brock Nelson or something, though that seems like too much for the Islanders to give up. Maybe Kieffer Bellows straight up for Galchenyuk? That could work. Or they could start with Beauvillier, but he's probably almost at the top 6 forward level, which he will be for a while i think, Bellows will take longer if you ask me. Though they will both be top 6 forwards i think.

I like the idea of William Nylander, though it will be hard to get Toronto to move him, and he would cost Hamonic+. Panarin has been traded now so they can't get him ... they could also look at Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, though i'm pretty sure Edmonton values him very high ... probably higher than most teams do. Obviously though they need to look at all their options. Mark Bergevin said something very true last year, saying that he didn't want to trade Subban, Price, or Pacioretty, but that he had to look at all his options, because if he didn't look at all his options, he was 'not doing his job' as a general manager. So every team needs to do that.

Yeah its freaky 2/3 of the guys talked about who wanted to trade for or would are traded. Guess they are reading what I'm writing now Duchesne will be the next shoe to drop hehe smile. I don't think Islanders had the assets to land Panarin anyways. Chicago thinks like I do that Anton Forsberg has potential whether its a number 1 or franchise goalie its hard to say. I do think he is better than Raanta or Darling who they had with question if will be better than Crawford sooner rather than later. Saad will do better away from Tortz toss up 20-30 goals, while Pan will get hurt blocking shot or dip like Sedins did under him smile. Wish Kings traded Dustin Brown instead of writing fluff pieces about him like an AP article seen about Vegas haha.

Well they probably didn't think Martin was worth much or had money tied up into Kulemen and Gravoski or whatever guy they traded who was 5M cap hit. Dwight King can score about 10 goals or more, scored key goal against Rangers... Helped Kings get 2 Stanley Cups even if he is small he was good on PK getting shorthanded goals at times... Brian Boyle though I think would be a real guy who could help them. He has that size 6'7, think he scored SHG against Kings in SCF since they had trouble matching up on him.

I never really liked Snow, even when he was a goalie I wasn't big fan of his smile. Nugent is like a 6M cap hit so that is probably a factor in why they might move him supposedly. He is still young so I think getting him would be alright depending on the cost. Rather see if they can sign one of those I mentioned, yeah TJ Oshie would be really nice fit for them. You only missed post season by 1 point so having Williams might help get into later rounds he won Cups with 2 different teams who were never expected to win any like Carolina and LA smile. I thought Montreal had a shot to make Cup once they got Weber it worked out well for Nashville though smile. I really like Max though don't think they would trade him smile. If move Hamonic though want to have a right shooting D even if sign Shattenkirk. I think Montreal is going to go all out to try to win so will be hard making trades unless they feel they are getting an asset to help them get closer to a Cup smile.

BTW how are Islanders along with Rangers fan? Usually those teams are rivals where fans don't like each other or them smile. Nylander is probably better than the Brown on Toronto though I don't trust anybody coming from there after Kulemen who went from 30 goals to half that at best... Then the guy they traded had 3 seasons of 20 or more goals there only to be a dud when landed in Brooklyn. Matt Frattin was a disaster for Kings in the Bernier deal too smile.
24 juin 2017 à 14 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Can you guys please stop writing essays and stop quoting each essay each time

Sincerely,
Reader who's eye hurt after reading these paragraph responses
25 juin 2017 à 1 h 54
Black Lives Matter

Yeah its freaky 2/3 of the guys talked about who wanted to trade for or would are traded. Guess they are reading what I'm writing now Duchesne will be the next shoe to drop hehe smile. I don't think Islanders had the assets to land Panarin anyways. Chicago thinks like I do that Anton Forsberg has potential whether its a number 1 or franchise goalie its hard to say. I do think he is better than Raanta or Darling who they had with question if will be better than Crawford sooner rather than later. Saad will do better away from Tortz toss up 20-30 goals, while Pan will get hurt blocking shot or dip like Sedins did under him smile. Wish Kings traded Dustin Brown instead of writing fluff pieces about him like an AP article seen about Vegas haha.

Well they probably didn't think Martin was worth much or had money tied up into Kulemen and Gravoski or whatever guy they traded who was 5M cap hit. Dwight King can score about 10 goals or more, scored key goal against Rangers... Helped Kings get 2 Stanley Cups even if he is small he was good on PK getting shorthanded goals at times... Brian Boyle though I think would be a real guy who could help them. He has that size 6'7, think he scored SHG against Kings in SCF since they had trouble matching up on him.

I never really liked Snow, even when he was a goalie I wasn't big fan of his smile. Nugent is like a 6M cap hit so that is probably a factor in why they might move him supposedly. He is still young so I think getting him would be alright depending on the cost. Rather see if they can sign one of those I mentioned, yeah TJ Oshie would be really nice fit for them. You only missed post season by 1 point so having Williams might help get into later rounds he won Cups with 2 different teams who were never expected to win any like Carolina and LA smile. I thought Montreal had a shot to make Cup once they got Weber it worked out well for Nashville though smile. I really like Max though don't think they would trade him smile. If move Hamonic though want to have a right shooting D even if sign Shattenkirk. I think Montreal is going to go all out to try to win so will be hard making trades unless they feel they are getting an asset to help them get closer to a Cup smile.

BTW how are Islanders along with Rangers fan? Usually those teams are rivals where fans don't like each other or them smile. Nylander is probably better than the Brown on Toronto though I don't trust anybody coming from there after Kulemen who went from 30 goals to half that at best... Then the guy they traded had 3 seasons of 20 or more goals there only to be a dud when landed in Brooklyn. Matt Frattin was a disaster for Kings in the Bernier deal too smile.

Well there goes Hamonic ... to me they didn't get enough ... they had a good D, but are now missing that number 1 guy which they had in Hamonic, and are stuck with Hickey, De-Haan, Leddy, and Boychuk as their top 4. Not good enough. However, Pulock should take that role as a number 1 guy in the next few years ... but how quickly will that happen. I thought De-Haan should have been the one to get traded, not Hamonic. The thing is, Pelech and Mayfield will start playing full-time soon i'm guessing, or at least mostly full-time. Mayfield, i think, will turn into a top 4 defenseman. I think Pelech probably will, but he's less likely than Mayfield i think. But they must think he's pretty good since they went 3-5-1 to protect him. Also Oshie isn't a possibility anymore as he signed in Washington. When you say Max i believe you mean Max Pacioretty. Whether you are talking about him or not, i like that idea for the Islanders, not as much for Montreal though. He's pretty much a better version of Lee. He would probably cost something along the lines of Kieffer Bellows, Brock Nelson, and a 1st round pick. Even that might not get the job done. As i said earlier, Stamkos is kind of not possible to trade in a good deal with all these questions, injuries for Stamkos (where some are younger guys who may or may not turn into a really top player). Though not like a Kris Letang, Ryan Murphy, Kerby Rychel, Scott Laughton, etc.

I'm a fan of both teams just cause, why not? I don't really care about rivals. Anyway, Matt Martin would likely come back to the Island or wouldn't have left if they had a different GM. That was just another Garth Snow move that didn't make any sense. But what they can't do is lose Tavares. They already lose Okposo and Nielsen for nothing. They can't lose Tavares. If they lose Tavares to free agency i'd go, 'come on, this is crazy.' If that happens Garth Snow should definitely, without a doubt, be fired. They should just re-sign Tavares, even if he wants 10 million dollars a year. They should just keep him, but Garth Snow might not want to, If they lose JT for nothing that is the worst Garth Snow move ever. If they trade him it's one thing, if they lose him for nothing its another. They should, without a doubt, just re-sign Tavares, and they will if Garth Snow is smart. But if he isn't, they might not re-sign him.

Not re-signing Tavares would completely destroy the Islanders. If they want to be a team who's horrible for years, they shouldn't sign him, but don't they want to be pretty good? He's the main reason they came close to the playoffs. Sure, Lee, Griess, Nelson, Hamonic (traded to Calgary today), and some other guys were al big parts of it, but JT was the biggest reason. They could be a cup contender IF John Tavares re-signs. If not, no way. That's how much he changes the Islanders. So that should be their main priority this offseason, is to re-sign him ... if they don't, all the fans will be so mad at Garth Snow, because why wouldn't Tavares want to stay on the Island? Obviously, he would, but Garth Snow is the GM, so anything could happen there. To me, they should just fire Garth Snow and hire a new GM who signs John Tavares. But if they don't fire Garth Snow, wait 5 years from now and the Islanders will be at the bottom of the league. Now Garth Snow might decide to keep Tavares, but if he doesn't, that would just be such a stupid move by Garth Snow that fans will be super upset about. So i think Garth Snow just needs to be smarter, and understand that you have to keep your best player, especially if he's like, a top 10 player in the league like Tavares is. Especially because they missed the playoffs.

I don't think Forsberg will be a starting goalie. To me, this is a bad deal for the Blackhawks. They give up a 70 point scorer and one of their best prospects when they don't even have the best prospect group anyway, then why give up one of you top prospects? I didn't like the price the Blackhawks had to pay, but at least it's the Blackhawks, lol (Definitely not a Blackhawks fan). I've never been a big Stan Bowman fan, as i feel he is one of the worst GMs in the league. Definitely the most overrated. Dale Tallon got them they're key players, Bowman just made them worse. Now, the Sharp trade was because of the salary cap, but he was the one who signed Kane and Toes to those huge contracts.

What about Mikael Granlund? However, he's never EVER being traded. I like the idea for the Islanders though. But he'd cost Pulock, Barzal, Lee, and a 1st round pick, or something like that. Okay, maybe not QUITE that much, but pretty close. Granlund, even before this year, i thought was pretty good, and a lot of poles thought i overvalued him ... but after this year i don't think people think that any more ... what about a guy like Colin Wilson? Though i don't see him getting moved, and if he was he would cost a lot as he does way more than scoring. We'll just have to wait and see though, and the Islanders might be done anyway, but we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few days.
25 juin 2017 à 2 h 9
Jeezus Christ. Stop writing paragraphs. My brain is hurting
25 juin 2017 à 13 h 35
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Jeezus Christ. Stop writing paragraphs. My brain is hurting

I started on 300 baud modem message boards... Short replies like yours would result in getting banned/deleted... They used to have charts for amt of posts things like that... People like you would write short replies to try to jack up their totals. I didn't see making any comments as we talked back/forth about the topics between us. I don't have nearly 4K posts or 10K like some others on here. I don't see why it bothers you when people are talking about hockey enjoying their conversation. I"m on a hockey site, talking hockey related to the Islanders in their forum part of the board. You seem to be trolling, complaining, spreading negative comments or reactions to our enjoyment. Why not just ignore what we are talking about if it bothers you? I don't read every post on here complaining that people are just tossing in short replies or comments etc. All the quotes helps to not just repeat or return to an exact conversation we already had. Besides I'm new on here so not really that versed on how to do everything etc. I don't even know who the picture you have is. Is it some player David Booth smile? Are you an Islanders fan at all? This guy did a post that not many if any seemed to care about or reply to. Internet is so fast these days not when I started on 300 baud modems when most couldn't even set the dip switches on them smile.

Why bring religion into this? Using his name in vein is censored on TV, is this a place we can freely curse or mock religions? Do you not accept him as your lord and savior? I"ll have to pray for your soul, demons try to get us off the path by creating obstacles etc wink. Seems like many we have been talking about ended up traded or signed. I find that pretty cool, if really read what was said why not have a comment related to that instead of complaining about us taking time to write back and forth? You are probably a leftist who needs to control everything around you and others wink. I'm into freedom, so that is probably a concept you can't grasp given the reaction you have to us smile. It isn't like I plan to write that much, though least I'm not doing garbage posts of 1 or 2 lines complaining about others posting smile. How many systems have you been a sysop on? You ever run a GComm Board, MUD, Renegade, Wildcat, among many others? Even when I was a moderator/sysop on message board systems I never complained about others talking to each other. Though I do find memes annoying, or people who have really long/dumb signoffs... Had this guy I know get suspended on a system for constantly using this real long signoff everybody would get annoyed about. I never really liked to do signoffs, even when new codes that would make it seem like sysop broke into fake chat or other things. I did use some that would flash the screen making people say they freaked out or thought they were going to have a seizure smile.

My advice is to just ignore the conversation if it bothers that much... Or report us for talking about Islanders, possible trades or things like that in their own forum smile. I posted something in Vegas forum a few hours before somebody did almost the same exact post in the NHL forum about grading them. I thought it was a bit of a dick move if done on purpose, though I didn't complain or reply on his post calling him out for it. I hope he just didn't notice that I had posted something hours prior to that. I really don't think much of people who just write these short replies, yet I'm not going to complain or write about it smile. People like you in general are why I don't bother with forums or ignore most comments made by people. You do realize this is a hockey related forum, so if don't like to talk about hockey then don't... I see people are into GM games or armchair type stuff that I don't even read or look into. Should I complain or try to ruin their joy by making them feel badly or reacting to something I say pushing a negative vibe or agenda wink? I got neck fusion so can't really do fantasy hockey anymore, this at least gives me an outlet related to that. When you get nailed to a cross for the sins of man, then talk to me about Jesus or use the name of Christ smile. You probably only know that name from The Walking Dead though wink.
25 juin 2017 à 13 h 53

Well there goes Hamonic ... to me they didn't get enough ... they had a good D, but are now missing that number 1 guy which they had in Hamonic, and are stuck with Hickey, De-Haan, Leddy, and Boychuk as their top 4. Not good enough. However, Pulock should take that role as a number 1 guy in the next few years ... but how quickly will that happen. I thought De-Haan should have been the one to get traded, not Hamonic. The thing is, Pelech and Mayfield will start playing full-time soon i'm guessing, or at least mostly full-time. Mayfield, i think, will turn into a top 4 defenseman. I think Pelech probably will, but he's less likely than Mayfield i think. But they must think he's pretty good since they went 3-5-1 to protect him. Also Oshie isn't a possibility anymore as he signed in Washington. When you say Max i believe you mean Max Pacioretty. Whether you are talking about him or not, i like that idea for the Islanders, not as much for Montreal though. He's pretty much a better version of Lee. He would probably cost something along the lines of Kieffer Bellows, Brock Nelson, and a 1st round pick. Even that might not get the job done. As i said earlier, Stamkos is kind of not possible to trade in a good deal with all these questions, injuries for Stamkos (where some are younger guys who may or may not turn into a really top player). Though not like a Kris Letang, Ryan Murphy, Kerby Rychel, Scott Laughton, etc.

I'm a fan of both teams just cause, why not? I don't really care about rivals. Anyway, Matt Martin would likely come back to the Island or wouldn't have left if they had a different GM. That was just another Garth Snow move that didn't make any sense. But what they can't do is lose Tavares. They already lose Okposo and Nielsen for nothing. They can't lose Tavares. If they lose Tavares to free agency i'd go, 'come on, this is crazy.' If that happens Garth Snow should definitely, without a doubt, be fired. They should just re-sign Tavares, even if he wants 10 million dollars a year. They should just keep him, but Garth Snow might not want to, If they lose JT for nothing that is the worst Garth Snow move ever. If they trade him it's one thing, if they lose him for nothing its another. They should, without a doubt, just re-sign Tavares, and they will if Garth Snow is smart. But if he isn't, they might not re-sign him.

Not re-signing Tavares would completely destroy the Islanders. If they want to be a team who's horrible for years, they shouldn't sign him, but don't they want to be pretty good? He's the main reason they came close to the playoffs. Sure, Lee, Griess, Nelson, Hamonic (traded to Calgary today), and some other guys were al big parts of it, but JT was the biggest reason. They could be a cup contender IF John Tavares re-signs. If not, no way. That's how much he changes the Islanders. So that should be their main priority this offseason, is to re-sign him ... if they don't, all the fans will be so mad at Garth Snow, because why wouldn't Tavares want to stay on the Island? Obviously, he would, but Garth Snow is the GM, so anything could happen there. To me, they should just fire Garth Snow and hire a new GM who signs John Tavares. But if they don't fire Garth Snow, wait 5 years from now and the Islanders will be at the bottom of the league. Now Garth Snow might decide to keep Tavares, but if he doesn't, that would just be such a stupid move by Garth Snow that fans will be super upset about. So i think Garth Snow just needs to be smarter, and understand that you have to keep your best player, especially if he's like, a top 10 player in the league like Tavares is. Especially because they missed the playoffs.

I don't think Forsberg will be a starting goalie. To me, this is a bad deal for the Blackhawks. They give up a 70 point scorer and one of their best prospects when they don't even have the best prospect group anyway, then why give up one of you top prospects? I didn't like the price the Blackhawks had to pay, but at least it's the Blackhawks, lol (Definitely not a Blackhawks fan). I've never been a big Stan Bowman fan, as i feel he is one of the worst GMs in the league. Definitely the most overrated. Dale Tallon got them they're key players, Bowman just made them worse. Now, the Sharp trade was because of the salary cap, but he was the one who signed Kane and Toes to those huge contracts.

What about Mikael Granlund? However, he's never EVER being traded. I like the idea for the Islanders though. But he'd cost Pulock, Barzal, Lee, and a 1st round pick, or something like that. Okay, maybe not QUITE that much, but pretty close. Granlund, even before this year, i thought was pretty good, and a lot of poles thought i overvalued him ... but after this year i don't think people think that any more ... what about a guy like Colin Wilson? Though i don't see him getting moved, and if he was he would cost a lot as he does way more than scoring. We'll just have to wait and see though, and the Islanders might be done anyway, but we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few days.

I'm pretty sure Forsberg will be an NHL goalie I've had a nice amt of luck picking goalie prospects in keeper hockey leagues when used to do them. Scotty Bowman to me is the best GM even if he makes mistakes. Saad is younger than Pan, bigger by a few inches, weighs about 30 pounds more which is a big deal in West not being some 170 pound little boy smile. Also they have him on a longer contract so it might have been harder to retain Pan when his contract was up or risk him leaving to the KHL smile.

Yeah I don't like the deal with Flames, hoped they would at least get back Ferland who had 15 goals that wanted Vegas to take in Expansion but he got protected. Islanders do have May/Pullock or whatever for right shots if they can't sign Franson or Shattenkirk. If they can sign one of them that would help, otherwise I think they took 2 steps back after 1 step forward with the Eberle trade. So might miss post season by 5-10 points if can't pull off some other deal or signing smile. Yeah I call him Max since I'm dyslexic his name is really hard for me sometimes to type out wink. I always liked him when I would play fantasy hockey as a player who would have some big games for me. He is USA born too so that is always nice to root for him even if not big on national teams for hockey only soccer wink. Viva Italia if wonder who like in that smile.

I forgot all about Nielson haha wink. Thin he burned me one day in fantasy hockey if remember right. Just never met somebody into Isles/Rangers so that is fine if like them both. My Nephew said he wouldn't date a rangers fan though my niece married one smile... I"m afraid to say some of the players I want signed until it is closer to July 1st since think they might get snatched up given my luck lately smile. I think TJ Oshie that deal is a lot of money so wouldn't have worked out if Isles had to give him 7 years at that kinda cap hit smile. Maybe the Islanders have a secret deal with Shattenkirk they will announce smile. Saad had 30+ goals the first year on Chicago so expect him to be closer to that with 70 to 80 points. Lets see if Pan can put up the same numbers playing for CBJ as he did having guys like Toews and Kane. I don't like Calgary so kinda bummed they have Hamonic, guess he ha the family issues as reason for it. Doubt they will pick players that will compensate for the loss of a right shot D who had a contract under 4M. Pretty upset anytime it looks like Islanders are moving in right direction they do something to derail it. Too bad he didn't get traded to Kings or Vegas, really wanted him to go to Jets for Trouba in some deal but that is life smile. You don't always get what you want, though might get what need, just not in this case wink.

I think Islanders should have traded him during season for a better return if were going to ship him. IF they don't retain Tavares its clear Snow will be gone so fast it wont even be funny smile. Eberle was his buddy, maybe they will sign them both to keep happy. I'm not even sure the franchise can survive if JT leaves, fan base is already shaky in Brooklyn. Everybody makes mistakes its really hard to judge talent some never learn. I'm not sure where Islanders are most lacking right now. Like Center, Right Wing, Left Wing, or maybe another impact D-man if the younger players are not ready. Only bright spot is guy they traded was injury prone so he could have got hurt or so. That also hurt the return they were able to get on him, just hope they can make playoffs this year smile.
25 juin 2017 à 15 h 37
Mentions "j'aime": 30
kulemin and john stevens to wild for pommerville. pommerville still a 60 point man..... kulemin dead weight. easily filled with prospect. hos sang barzal pulock pelech should all receive promotions this year. pommerville could play pk 1/2/3 rw where ever needed and good secondary scoring. chasing all these stars in cap era is foolish they get duchesne then 2 yrs from now everyone will be screaming about the cap crunch and how it all snow fault they have to sell off parts left and right ( see chicago and bowman). jt knows reality he understands a few stars and keep plugging prospects. 8 yrs 68m extension coming 8.5m cap for jt.
25 juin 2017 à 19 h 3
Black Lives Matter

I'm pretty sure Forsberg will be an NHL goalie I've had a nice amt of luck picking goalie prospects in keeper hockey leagues when used to do them. Scotty Bowman to me is the best GM even if he makes mistakes. Saad is younger than Pan, bigger by a few inches, weighs about 30 pounds more which is a big deal in West not being some 170 pound little boy smile. Also they have him on a longer contract so it might have been harder to retain Pan when his contract was up or risk him leaving to the KHL smile.

Yeah I don't like the deal with Flames, hoped they would at least get back Ferland who had 15 goals that wanted Vegas to take in Expansion but he got protected. Islanders do have May/Pullock or whatever for right shots if they can't sign Franson or Shattenkirk. If they can sign one of them that would help, otherwise I think they took 2 steps back after 1 step forward with the Eberle trade. So might miss post season by 5-10 points if can't pull off some other deal or signing smile. Yeah I call him Max since I'm dyslexic his name is really hard for me sometimes to type out wink. I always liked him when I would play fantasy hockey as a player who would have some big games for me. He is USA born too so that is always nice to root for him even if not big on national teams for hockey only soccer wink. Viva Italia if wonder who like in that smile.

I forgot all about Nielson haha wink. Thin he burned me one day in fantasy hockey if remember right. Just never met somebody into Isles/Rangers so that is fine if like them both. My Nephew said he wouldn't date a rangers fan though my niece married one smile... I"m afraid to say some of the players I want signed until it is closer to July 1st since think they might get snatched up given my luck lately smile. I think TJ Oshie that deal is a lot of money so wouldn't have worked out if Isles had to give him 7 years at that kinda cap hit smile. Maybe the Islanders have a secret deal with Shattenkirk they will announce smile. Saad had 30+ goals the first year on Chicago so expect him to be closer to that with 70 to 80 points. Lets see if Pan can put up the same numbers playing for CBJ as he did having guys like Toews and Kane. I don't like Calgary so kinda bummed they have Hamonic, guess he ha the family issues as reason for it. Doubt they will pick players that will compensate for the loss of a right shot D who had a contract under 4M. Pretty upset anytime it looks like Islanders are moving in right direction they do something to derail it. Too bad he didn't get traded to Kings or Vegas, really wanted him to go to Jets for Trouba in some deal but that is life smile. You don't always get what you want, though might get what need, just not in this case wink.

I think Islanders should have traded him during season for a better return if were going to ship him. IF they don't retain Tavares its clear Snow will be gone so fast it wont even be funny smile. Eberle was his buddy, maybe they will sign them both to keep happy. I'm not even sure the franchise can survive if JT leaves, fan base is already shaky in Brooklyn. Everybody makes mistakes its really hard to judge talent some never learn. I'm not sure where Islanders are most lacking right now. Like Center, Right Wing, Left Wing, or maybe another impact D-man if the younger players are not ready. Only bright spot is guy they traded was injury prone so he could have got hurt or so. That also hurt the return they were able to get on him, just hope they can make playoffs this year smile.

I don't think Saad will get any more than 60 points ... that's the most i think he could get ... i don't like the deal as Panarin won the calder in McDavid's rookie year, which obviously says he's pretty good. I mean, i just don't get why they added onto Panarin to get Saad. Especially when they're prospect group isn't great and they give up one of their top prospects. Definitely not a big Stan Bowman fan. And about Shattenkirk, i could maybe see that happening, but i think he signs with New Jersey. They could definitely use a defenseman. They could also look at a guy like Alzner, though i think he's heading to Colorado. And do you think the Isles might be using though pieces from the Hamonic trade to acquire another forward? Because that wouldn't surprise me.

The Hamonic trade might be to get some more cap space to re-sign Tavares, though they could have just skipped the Eberle trade. But i think the Eberle trade made sense, and they should have just got more for Hamonic if they had to move him. Now i could see them moving a guy like De-Haan and something else to get another #1 defenseman. Hickey's probably their best d-man right now, which obviously shows their D might not be good enough after trading their best d-man (Hamonic). Leddy could be moved along with something else good to get a new #1 d-man, though i think De-Haan has more trade value than Leddy, though that's just me.

I wasn't a big fan of the move with Vegas, as it used up a 1st which could have drafted someone or been part of a trade for a winger (or at least some forward). At this point i think Ho-Sang could be part of a trade they make for a forward. Now they're kind of ... they're just not good enough now, so that means they have to re-sign JT, and if they don't do that i will be like, 'Garth Snow, what are you doing!?!?' The Hamonic trade is what completely made the team worse. They went from having a good defence to needing an improvement on D ... just from one trade ... so yeah, it should have been De-Haan or Leddy that was moved. Or maybe Boychuk if he waived his no trade clause, which he might not have since they protected him in the expansion draft. The Islanders could go after Radulov, though not if it's true that he want 7 million dollars a year ... that wouldn't make sense for them, or anybody, or at least for most teams it wouldn't make sense. I think they without a doubt should go after Galchenyuk. They could try to get him for De-Haan straight up, but MTL might not do that, and the Isles might not either after moving Hamonic. We'll see ...
25 juin 2017 à 19 h 34
Did you just really say Hickey is their best dman? Dude, it's Leddy by far. No question about it

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage