SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #6 - Alex DeBrincat is an Ottawa Senator

11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 42
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
what in the

samsonov gone, caps dont have a goalie until kuemper
milano gone, zegras in shock
murray to the leafs, hopefully they can do something about it

i miss ~5 hours and its like five of the most important hours of the offszn isnt it
Saskleaf, aadoyle et DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: Alfie11
Everybody in the NHL is connected to everybody else. It’s why there’s never any new blood, which causes people to move around and just repeat the cycle. I guarantee you there is a former teammate or former coach or former member of the Leafs scouting staff or something that connects literally every NHL team to Matthews. That doesn’t mean he’s going to every other NHL team.

Just found iot funny how some old tweets reemerged as soon as the buyouts/ no qualified happened

In Milano's case it was a St.Louis style internal fighting that has them connected which is funny as you dont see Matthews being that kind of guy
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Zuki9797
what in the

samsonov gone, caps dont have a goalie until kuemper
milano gone, zegras in shock
murray to the leafs, hopefully they can do something about it

i miss ~5 hours and its like five of the most important hours of the offszn isnt it

Man if Kuemper does a grubauer in Washington thats not gonna look good and the fact they sent away 2 young goalies to potentially make it happen is shocking
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 52
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
How are the people who are in love with Dubas going to spin this absolute dumpster fire of a trade?
Saskleaf, SevenLeg, oilersguy and 5 others a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 55
Jamie Benn is BACK
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 478
Plot Twist: What if Washington is actually going after Oettinger?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 55
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Quoting: kdawg32086

Sayonara to their future
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 57
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: DougieGilmour
How are the people who are in love with Dubas going to spin this absolute dumpster fire of a trade?

You can’t. My respect for Dubas vanished almost entirely. Could he bounce back? Maybe. But it’s a massive risk and has potential to backfire hard and cost Dubas his job. Which at this point I’m fine with (about Dubas losing his job I mean.
DougieGilmour, SevenLeg, DirtyDangle and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 59
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: Saskleaf
You can’t. My respect for Dubas vanished almost entirely. Could he bounce back? Maybe. But it’s a massive risk and has potential to backfire hard and cost Dubas his job. Which at this point I’m fine with (about Dubas losing his job I mean.

If this isn’t what it takes to make people wake up and realize the guy is not made of gold I don’t know what will. This goaltending is so awful that we will be finishing at best 3rd and probably 4th in the division. There’s no way this team gets out of the first round.
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 3
Hakuna Matata

What a lot of people seem to not understand if no matter who he signed we could have been screwed

Lets say we signed Kuemper 6mill x 6 years and he becomes Seattle's Grubauer would we have been happy no

Or lets say we extended Campbell 5mill x 5 years but he plays like he did in the second half of last year would fans have been happy no

This not only costed less but we got picks out of it

There really was no upgrade it net, there is no Vasilesky, Ottinger, or Shesterkin on the market rn. If there was 100% that goalie would be way out of our price range and be in the 10mill range
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Leafs fans are harsh lol. This is maybe the first bad trade Dubas has made, plus one 2nd round selection that was a slight reach by a round (which he followed up by taking a guy in the 3rd who coulda gone in the 2nd). Like, it’s not his fault and never has been. He’s definitely a top half GM if not top 10, and has built literally the best Leafs team ever. He can’t force the players to play good when it matters.
aadoyle, MatthewsFan, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Leafs fans are harsh lol. This is maybe the first bad trade Dubas has made, plus one 2nd round selection that was a slight reach by a round (which he followed up by taking a guy in the 3rd who coulda gone in the 2nd). Like, it’s not his fault and never has been. He’s definitely a top half GM if not top 10, and has built literally the best Leafs team ever. He can’t force the players to play good when it matters.

My post above highlights why I think its fine

As imagine if Dubas signs Kuemper 6mill x 6 years and he falls off a cliff like Grubauer did

People would be begging for Murray lul

In the end no matter what he did it would be up to the goalie and as Dangle said

Goalies are silly geese

Like at this rate I dont think Vasi would satisfy Toronto as they would be like yeah but he costs 9.5mill
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Figured as much

I feel its probs gonna be Reimer or Allen via trade or Samsonov via FA.

As idk if Comrie can handle 35 games
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: kdawg32086

Do they got enough cap space for the 4 1sts OS price as anything less is pretty much a wasted OS
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 19
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: aadoyle
What a lot of people seem to not understand if no matter who he signed we could have been screwed

Lets say we signed Kuemper 6mill x 6 years and he becomes Seattle's Grubauer would we have been happy no

Or lets say we extended Campbell 5mill x 5 years but he plays like he did in the second half of last year would fans have been happy no

There really was no upgrade it net, there is no Vasilesky, Ottinger, or Shesterkin on the market rn. If there was 100% that goalie would be way out of our price range and be in the 10mill range

What? What am I reading? No one in their right mind would say this is better than paying Darcy or Jack… or Husso! Honest to god we would have been better off signing Brayden Holtby and Eric Comrie on short term deals and rotating them with a few games for Kallgren mixed in. This is a very bad trade
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 21
TheLeafsAbuseMe

“The best Leafs team ever”? How can you type that and not fall over from laughter?
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
“The best Leafs team ever”? How can you type that and not fall over from laughter?

It’s literally facts. 115 points is a Leafs record. There are more than 6 teams in the NHL now mate. It’s a lot tougher to win, but the GM has built a team more than capable of doing it. Their failures are entirely on the players, and maybe a little on the coaching.
aadoyle, Hurricanes_WPG et zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 27
TheLeafsAbuseMe
It’s literally facts. 115 points is a Leafs record. There are more than 6 teams in the NHL now mate. It’s a lot tougher to win, but the GM has built a team more than capable of doing it. Their failures are entirely on the players, and maybe a little on the coaching.

I’ve seen multiple teams that are better than this team. This team was eliminated in the first round. It’s not even the best Leafs team of the 21st century
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 34
Hakuna Matata
I wonder where Gabriel Carlsson ends up

As hes a good third pair D with size and some skill
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 36
Hakuna Matata

Like if anything Colorado has demonstrated to a T you dont need a Vasi level goaltender to win

Like Kuemper had a 0.902 at the end and if it wasnt for the team in front of him that would have never got anyone else to the finals
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 57
Go leafs go
If this isn’t what it takes to make people wake up and realize the guy is not made of gold I don’t know what will. This goaltending is so awful that we will be finishing at best 3rd and probably 4th in the division. There’s no way this team gets out of the first round.

I did think Dubas is an decent GM, he’s made some good, some bad moves. This is an atrocious move. I’d say he’s at best an old GM. He certainly isn’t the amazing GM some people think he is (but to be fair he also isn’t the horrible one a lot of people think he is). Not sure why people either live him or hate him, and can’t just accept that he’s both nothing special and not terrible.
csick a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 23 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Wait wait wait Ryan Donato didnt get a QO?

What am I missing here

Also apparently Sprong and Dennis Cholowski were also not given QO

Dennis Cholowski made sense but surprised with Sprong

Honestly if your up against the cap and want cheap depth the hockey gods have delivered this year
csick, Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 0 h 3
Go leafs go

Dude, stop trying to act like Murray is anywhere near that of Campbell or Kuemper. Both guys are significantly better and I would have preferred them by a mile. They would have been worth the extra 0.5-1.5 mil easily.
12 juill. 2022 à 0 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Dude, stop trying to act like Murray is anywhere near that of Campbell or Kuemper. Both guys are significantly better and I would have preferred them by a mile. They would have been worth the extra 0.5-1.5 mil easily.

Campbell literally was worse than Murray for a whole 2 months lul

Since Jan 1 Campbell was a 0.893 and Murray was a 0.914

Only difference was Murray suffered an injury and was out for the remainder of the year. If he continued playing like he did a 0.915 could have happened

Campbell just became a starter and we saw when the pressure got to much he caved. He bounced back a bit but Oct Campbell was gone forever

And as for Kuemper playoff Kuemper was all over the place to where one moment he looked like he would choke only to come back and rescue his team the next game
12 juill. 2022 à 0 h 7
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Campbell literally was worse than Murray for a whole 2 months lul

Since Jan 1 Campbell was a 0.893 and Murray was a 0.914

Campbell just became a starter and we saw when the pressure got to much he caved. He bounced back a bit but Oct Campbell was gone forever

And as for Kuemper playoff Kuemper was all over the place to where one moment he looked like he would choke only to come back and rescue his team the next game

Campbell is gonna go to Edmonton and play terrible hockey
aadoyle et zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 0 h 7
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: justaBoss
I'm so confused with you and EsoYeezus69 both having that picture tears of joy

Quoting: Juiceman
We gotta all make our pfp meme man

Meme man PFP cult on CF
EsoYeezus69, Juiceman et zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage