SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #6 - Alex DeBrincat is an Ottawa Senator

10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 27
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: aadoyle
So my Gut was right

Thanks Gut

Also Rip Kane

Get that man out of that tire fire known as Chicago

For his sake and ours

Kane is still a very good top 6 forward but I don’t think he’s a star at this point in his career. He benefited from playing with Debrincat
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: Db1899
Kane is still a very good top 6 forward but I don’t think he’s a star at this point in his career. He benefited from playing with Debrincat

I feel if Kane played on a better team rn his stats would be like they were in 2015

Like imagine Matthews and Kane playing together. Also would allow Marner to play with JT but there is a cap so.... yeah not happening unless we a 3 team trade
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 30
I feel if Kane played on a better team rn his stats would be like they were in 2015

The team was bad, but Kane still played with arguably the best lw in the game
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Obviously Logan Morrison is the best of these, but Cole Knuble is also worth a development camp invite imo. Classic Yzerman. He’s not an overager though, so there won’t be an AHL contract or anything. But he might show something that makes him worth drafting next year.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 32
Hakuna Matata
The team was bad, but Kane still played with arguably the best lw in the game

mmm best LW in the game is Ovechkin followed by Huberdeau, Marchand and Kaprizov

Debrincat is good but not the best.
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 34
mmm best LW in the game is Ovechkin followed by Huberdeau, Marchand and Kaprizov

Ovechkin and Huberdeau aren’t better than Debrincat, definitely solid arguments for Marchand and Kaprizov
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 38
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Alfie11
Obviously Logan Morrison is the best of these, but Cole Knuble is also worth a development camp invite imo. Classic Yzerman. He’s not an overager though, so there won’t be an AHL contract or anything. But he might show something that makes him worth drafting next year.

Why did Logan Morrison go undrafted?
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juiceman

I guess because hes 20 idk or there is something to his game that cant be fixed
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 0
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Dame you DAL, you have enough young talent lol

Logan Morrison was a nice addition (wonder if the offer him a ELC or AHL deal)

Matt Murray? Are there 2 goalie Matt Murray’s or did Dallas just acquire him?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: Saskleaf

Might be the same Matt Murray that played with Makar in college
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 13
Go leafs go
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Might be the same Matt Murray that played with Makar in college

Didn't know that was a thing. I hope the Sebastian Aho's, the Jack Hughes's, the Elias Petterson's and the Matt Murray's all play on the same team some day lol.
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 14
Démarrer sujet

Ovechkin and Huberdeau aren’t better than Debrincat, definitely solid arguments for Marchand and Kaprizov

Imagine not even mentioning the best LW in the world, Johnny Gaudreau 😤😤

As much as I love DeBrincat though (and that has certainly skyrocketed in the last few days) I do agree he isn’t the best LW in the world. I think him, Huberdeau, and Panarin all have solid arguments for the 4th best LW in the world, after Gaudreau, Kaprizov, and Marchand (although Marchand may finally be regressing slightly). DeBrincat is a significantly better sniper than the other two, who are much better playmakers, so it depends what you value. Based on last season, I’d probably slot DeBrincat in at #5, behind Huberdeau, but ahead of Panarin and Ovechkin. DeBrincat could easily jump Huberdeau if Ottawa ends up even just in the wild card discussion and/or if Florida takes a slight step back (I think Huberdeau is only the 3rd best player on his own team lol, whereas DeBrincat was clearly the best Blackhawk and will probably be the best Senator for at least next season) and Marchand if he regresses slightly due to time being undefeated. But Gaudreau and Kaprizov are clearly the top 2 LWs in the world right now and Marchand is the only one who is close, but he’s more of a solid third place imo.
aadoyle et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 16
Hakuna Matata

As much as I love DeBrincat though (and that has certainly skyrocketed in the last few days) I do agree he isn’t the best LW in the world. I think him, Huberdeau, and Panarin all have solid arguments for the 4th best LW in the world, after Gaudreau, Kaprizov, and Marchand (although Marchand may finally be regressing slightly). DeBrincat is a significantly better sniper than the other two, who are much better playmakers, so it depends what you value. Based on last season, I’d probably slot DeBrincat in at #5, behind Huberdeau, but ahead of Panarin and Ovechkin. DeBrincat could easily jump Huberdeau if Ottawa ends up even just in the wild card discussion and/or if Florida takes a slight step back (I think Huberdeau is only the 3rd best player on his own team lol, whereas DeBrincat was clearly the best Blackhawk and will probably be the best Senator for at least next season) and Marchand if he regresses slightly due to time being undefeated. But Gaudreau and Kaprizov are clearly the top 2 LWs in the world right now and Marchand is the only one who is close, but he’s more of a solid third place imo.

I forgot about him WOOPS

Was mainly just listing guys at the top of my head but yeah Gaudreau is also with the guys I mentioned
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 17

Oh sh*t not gonna lie I wasn’t even thinking about Gaudreau - best winger last overall for sure last season. I think there’s an argument for Debrincat as the best lw in the world but Marchand and Kaprizov are probably ahead .

I’d go:

1. Marchand
2. Gaudreau
3. Kaprizov
4. Debrincat
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 18
Hakuna Matata
I forgot about him WOOPS

Was mainly just listing guys at the top of my head but yeah Gaudreau is also with the guys I mentioned

Speaking of Gaudreau and Calgary not saying its gonna happen but if he goes whats the plan

Find the next replacement (Kadri) or add 2 solid pieces that are good but not as good (So like Palat and Copp)
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 19
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Modifié 10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 32
Thoughts before we get to silly season?
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Juiceman

Not great defensively, and he’s a double overager who is just an average size. Good talent though, he finished 6th in OHL scoring this year. But I guess that in the eyes of every NHL team, there wasn’t enough talent for his age to overcome the flaws in his game as well as being 2 years older than everyone else. Or at least not put him higher on their list than whoever they drafted with their final pick of the draft.
aadoyle et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Oh sh*t not gonna lie I wasn’t even thinking about Gaudreau - best winger last overall for sure last season. I think there’s an argument for Debrincat as the best lw in the world but Marchand and Kaprizov are probably ahead .

I’d go:

1. Marchand
2. Gaudreau
3. Kaprizov
4. Debrincat

That’s a fair list. I personally have Gaudreau over Marchand because I watched almost every Flames game and saw that he was clearly the engine on the best line in the league, was good defensively, AND finished 2nd in points, whereas Marchand is the 2nd best defensive player and I’d argue the 2nd best offensive player on his line (when Pastrnak is there and not being forced to carry whoever the Bruins have on their 2nd line). And Huberdeau definitely had an elite season, one of the best seasons for a playmaker in decades (most assists by a LW ever, and broke the record by 15 lol) so I can see the argument for him over DeBrincat. But maybe I’m just trying to temper expectations there, because I typically value goal scoring EXTREMELY highly (usually above all else, I think elite finishing is crucial) and am trying to temper expectations for myself now that Cat’s on a team I cheer for lol
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Thoughts before we get to silly season?

Was this supposed to link to an ACGM or something? You linked thread #5
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 29
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: Saskleaf

preparing for life after otter
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 32
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Was this supposed to link to an ACGM or something? You linked thread #5

Fixed
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 21 h 48
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Yikes
yikes, Alfie11, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 21 h 53
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 10 juill. 2022 à 22 h 2
Nice Little "Rant" HereNHL
Its quite exciting for the Devils that the Habs picked Slaf.

It made their lives easier and Fitz said it came down to the wire but the Devils went with their best choice and Nemec is not a disappointing pick. Probably the BEST case scenario.

Nemec; who while I think analytics for prospects is overrated/ taken too literal - Nemec is absolutely adored by a system like Baders.

Even more so; many people think he could be best in class based on his potential through his play and I'd argue the fit in the Devils core increases those chances.

Seigenthaler/ G - Hamilton
Graves/ S - Smith/ Severson
Hughes - Nemec

w/, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Seamus Casey, Reilly Walsh

Is realistically the core within two years (I'd like Hughes and Nemec to be brought into together, not seperate and so AHL for Nemec to master the NA Pro ice while Hughes plays in Michigan this year).

I WOULD BE ASTONISHED if the Devils don't make a playoff birth by 2024/25.

The east is going to be even more of a bloodbath.
The Big Fish
Tampa
Carolina
The Big pt2 Fish
Toronto
Florida
New York Rags

Not to be taken lightly
Pittsburgh
Washington
New York Islanders
Columbus
Bruins

wait that is 10 playoff teams? lmfao.... You have Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit, Devils all unironically attempting the next step. These teams didn't rush either, wasn't smooth journeys but each took their time. Ottawa needs a playoff birth otherwise its a failure, Buffalo and Detroit get a little leash, and the Devils are almost on Ottawa's page.

I mean whats even funnier is the West actually kept it equal and made 8/8 for playoff split and for the top 10 its 6-4 East so not really a gap.
It will be interesting because as yes can we concvieve the Pacific is a laugh - it really isnt only the East. The West is a moshpit too.

Vegas should be an 100+ point team, laugh all you want but LA, EDM, CAL are all as well. Yes LA who just finished an amazing rebuild.
Anaheim seems to be close but pieces aren't fitting together which is odd.. they'll still be a threat but something smells fishy. Speaking of, San Jose is a rollercoaster ride.

Year starts, woah san jose is 4-0, wait timo meier is a god? wait james reimer is a GOD?...... wait. we could be a playoff team for Christmas we may get a playoff push.. hold on a second we're garbage. hold on a second for christmas we get a 7 game losing sreak and a 10 game losing streak sneaking behind.... Bord actually kills the Knights... wait @beterchiarelli WHO DID SJ DRAFT INSTEAD OF JUST DRAFTING LEKKERMAKI OR KEMELL ahahahashootme.

But San Jose could be a playoff team if you're talking objectively so
kill me.

Oh yeah and Seattle is looking kinda scary with Beniers - Wright*just staring at us.
(killer 2-7 round draft selections as well) followed by a rock solid Central and Bruce Boudreau just giggling in a corner with the Canucks waiting for Pettersson to pop.

Abrupt ending, bruh can someone just ****ing make a decision on the Kane grievance. Joke league that this hasn't been resolved for basically half a year. I mean get literally anyone to be the arbitrator at this point since the current one is on mars apparently.
Tintin, AndrewLadd et zk97 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 22 h 13
Démarrer sujet
An already declining Seth Jones turning into a top 6 centre and half of a defense corps may just be the greatest heist ever pulled. Even if Bean stays on the 3rd pair, Jiricek should be a top pair guy with Werenski for a long time, and Boqvist can be put on the 2nd pair in the short term, even if he maybe gets pushed down to the 3rd pair by Ceulemans. But yeah, getting Sillinger+Jiricek+Boqvist+Bean is unreal. When Columbus is competitive and these guys are in their prime, this may go down as one of the most lopsided trades in history.
Canesfan21_, Saskleaf, pinslack and 6 others a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 22 h 20
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

cool to see 2 Oilers invites on this list, and the fact that Brayden Schuurman was 74th on the NHL central scouting's final ranking is also cool very interested to see what does at dev camp, don't know anything about this other guy though

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage