Seth Jones

Créé par: TMLBRIAN
Équipe: 2022-23 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 9 juill. 2022
Publié: 9 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Thoughts on this trade and the team?

I think it makes sense. As long as Seth Jones decides to waive to Ottawa and Murray to Chicago.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
67 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
36 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Brännström, Erik [Droits de RFA]
  2. Murray, Matt
  3. Zaitsev, Nikita
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (OTT)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (OTT)
  6. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (OTT)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $78 055 714 $0 $4 025 000 $4 444 286 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
UFA - 8
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
8 205 714 $8 205 714 $
AG
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG
RFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
C
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 8
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
DG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
787 500 $787 500 $
G
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Will probably run into cap issues fast once they sign DeBrincat and Stutzle next year. If they just bridge Stutzle then whenever that contracts ends.
Jco5ta5 a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,154
Quoting: GMBL
Will probably run into cap issues fast once they sign DeBrincat and Stutzle next year. If they just bridge Stutzle then whenever that contracts ends.

Debrincat 9m x 8 and Stuzle bridged. I think they will be fine. They have quite a bit of cap coming off from UFA's after this year.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 27
Glep
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 911
One of the few returns I see as being realistic for jones. Somebody who just eats big minutes and is an analytical nightmare is something most teams will be avoiding. Especially the 9.5 cap on top of that till he is 35. Sending dumps like Murray and zaitsev evens out the cap, and brannstrom and those picks is pretty good value for jones. As ottawas GM I would do that but I would try to move jones down the line. I’d expect Chicago fans to comment saying that’s nowhere near jones value but in reality jones was never worth too much to begin with. The fact that they paid essentially silinger, boqvist, jiricek, and Jake bean for jones absurd and then they proceeded to further tank his value by signing him to that awful contract. This could be the best return jones could get but even as ottawas GM I would be very weary
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hurricanes73
One of the few returns I see as being realistic for jones. Somebody who just eats big minutes and is an analytical nightmare is something most teams will be avoiding. Especially the 9.5 cap on top of that till he is 35. Sending dumps like Murray and zaitsev evens out the cap, and brannstrom and those picks is pretty good value for jones. As ottawas GM I would do that but I would try to move jones down the line. I’d expect Chicago fans to comment saying that’s nowhere near jones value but in reality jones was never worth too much to begin with. The fact that they paid essentially silinger, boqvist, jiricek, and Jake bean for jones absurd and then they proceeded to further tank his value by signing him to that awful contract. This could be the best return jones could get but even as ottawas GM I would be very weary

Yea I didn't like the trade or the signing either. I had him at 7.5m x 8 years max. (I put Nurse in Edmonton and Reilly from Toronto in the same group). Reilly was the only one who signed at the proper deal.

I could see this being a good trade for both Ottawa and Chicago though. And for Seth Jones for that matter.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 34
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,656

Hawks fans aren't clueless and we won't be saying we want more for Jones. This is a good return however Ottawa doesn't go for this trade. They will have major cap issues in a few years with Stutzle, Cat, Jones, Tkachuk, Norris, Sanderson... they'll end up like Toronto.

I would also say to look up Seth Jones's metrics this year were waaaay better than the previous few years at CBJ and this team was arguably worse. Jones had a very very strong year.
Earth a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Hawks fans aren't clueless and we won't be saying we want more for Jones. This is a good return however Ottawa doesn't go for this trade. They will have major cap issues in a few years with Stutzle, Cat, Jones, Tkachuk, Norris, Sanderson... they'll end up like Toronto.

I would also say to look up Seth Jones's metrics this year were waaaay better than the previous few years at CBJ and this team was arguably worse. Jones had a very very strong year.

Hmm the difference between what I have listed and Toronto, is that Toronto has 3 players all over 10m each. 10.6-11.6. All of which are on Forward.

This team would have zero making that much. They would have 1 dman making 9.5 and one forward making 9 (in cat) and then a few 7-8m. It would be tight at a certain point, but they can make it work.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 38
westleysnipez
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 586
Everyone signs Free Agents well below what they're going to sign for.

If Giroux signs for less than 8m AAV I'd be shocked. Also, Blackwell is going to be earning somewhere between 2-3m.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 39
Huskies
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 76
litsen i like seth jones always have still do but do you want that contract i mean this also takes in account you will need to resign stutzle and cat and im sure there is more
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 41
Glep
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Yea I didn't like the trade or the signing either. I had him at 7.5m x 8 years max. (I put Nurse in Edmonton and Reilly from Toronto in the same group). Reilly was the only one who signed at the proper deal.

I could see this being a good trade for both Ottawa and Chicago though. And for Seth Jones for that matter.

True but it also kinda puts two offensive d men on the first line. Only team that has run that successfully as their first defensive line is Dallas imo with miro and kling. Only reason that works is because miro is the second best player of the 2017 draft and is very good defensively and kling is also decent at d himself. I don’t see chabot as that guy who covers for jones when he makes bad plays. Very few D men in this league who can be as good as they are offensively as defensively. Makar, miro, Herman, josi, and that’s about it imo. Not my top 4 d men in the league but the top 3 is there and the 4th guy imo is a top 10 d man. If chabot was in that crew I’d consider jones set but chabot isn’t and it could be a disaster for ottawa. Chabot typically plays with zub if I am correct and he is a defensive player and I’d assume replacing him with jones on the first line will be hell.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 41
Glep

True but it also kinda puts two offensive d men on the first line. Only team that has run that successfully as their first defensive line is Dallas imo with miro and kling. Only reason that works is because miro is the second best player of the 2017 draft and is very good defensively and kling is also decent at d himself. I don’t see chabot as that guy who covers for jones when he makes bad plays. Very few D men in this league who can be as good as they are offensively as defensively. Makar, miro, Herman, josi, and that’s about it imo. Not my top 4 d men in the league but the top 3 is there and the 4th guy imo is a top 10 d man. If chabot was in that crew I’d consider jones set but chabot isn’t and it could be a disaster for ottawa. Chabot typically plays with zub if I am correct and he is a defensive player and I’d assume replacing him with jones on the first line will be hell.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 41
Glep

9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 41
Glep

9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: westleysnipez

If Giroux signs for less than 8m AAV I'd be shocked. Also, Blackwell is going to be earning somewhere between 2-3m.

I tend to sign free agents for less than what they end up getting. I am definitely guilty of that. Who signs Giroux for 8m+ though? There are so many really good free agents this year and little cap space to spend. He is 34 as well.

Blackwell may get more for sure. I would be SHOCKED if he gets 2m + though. I assume 1.25m x 2 is what he signs for. I really liked him with the Leafs. He is just undersized.

Keep in mind that I am bad at the free agent signing game. I tend to be much better with trades.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 44
Glep

I’d be surprised if he got over 6.5. He’s got a list of 3 teams, two contenders and his hometown. He is worth over 8 but he will sign to Edmonton carolina or ottawa for less than 6.5. Sure a team like Seattle could throw their hats into the ring and offer 8x2 but giroux isn’t at that point in his career. He wants a cup or to be closer to family. If ottawa makes the moves to be playoff contenders then giroux is in ottawa no question
TMLBRIAN et vikhodush a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet

Chabot and Jones can be split up. Zub can go with Chabot. Not sure what Sanderson is listed as in terms of skill set. Also at 9.5m a year, you are hoping that a dman is an all around dman not just a pure offensive guy.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Please no, Seth Jones is the worst contract in the league.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Mittens

I wouldn't go that far. He is still a very good player. But I think he is 2m a year over paid right now.

Ottawa get's substantially better with this trade. That is for sure.
Earth a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 53
Glep
Quoting: Mittens

I mean I would say lucic or erikkson but they have way less term. Tbh he prolly has the worst contract
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 54
westleysnipez
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 586
I tend to sign free agents for less than what they end up getting. I am definitely guilty of that. Who signs Giroux for 8m+ though? There are so many really good free agents this year and little cap space to spend. He is 34 as well.

Blackwell may get more for sure. I would be SHOCKED if he gets 2m + though. I assume 1.25m x 2 is what he signs for. I really liked him with the Leafs. He is just undersized.

Keep in mind that I am bad at the free agent signing game. I tend to be much better with trades.

I’d be surprised if he got over 6.5. He’s got a list of 3 teams, two contenders and his hometown. He is worth over 8 but he will sign to Edmonton carolina or ottawa for less than 6.5. Sure a team like Seattle could throw their hats into the ring and offer 8x2 but giroux isn’t at that point in his career. He wants a cup or to be closer to family. If ottawa makes the moves to be playoff contenders then giroux is in ottawa no question

Being selective with where you're going or staying doesn't mean anything.

Look at the comparables to Giroux from the past.

Joe Thornton at age 34, only signing with the Sharks: 9.78% AAV for 3 years (Equal to 8.06M today)

Henrik Sedin at age 33, only signing with the Canucks: 10.89% AAV for 4 years (Equal to 9M today)

Nick Backstrom at age 32, only signing with the Capitals: 11.29% AAV for 5 years (Equal to 9.314M today)

Doesn't matter if it's Ottawa, Edmonton or Seattle, Giroux is getting paid again. More if it's a short term deal.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 58
Glep
Chabot and Jones can be split up. Zub can go with Chabot. Not sure what Sanderson is listed as in terms of skill set. Also at 9.5m a year, you are hoping that a dman is an all around dman not just a pure offensive guy.

Just look at Jones’s advanced stats and u will see atrocious numbers. Jones is technically an all around d man but really his defensive stats don’t show that. He’s a big body 20 minute eating d man who should play on the power play and can play on the PK but his advanced stats do not show he should be remotely close to playing short handed. Jones’s defensive play is lackluster and that’s overrating him imo.
9 juill. 2022 à 19 h 9
Mentions "j'aime": 716
Just look at Jones’s advanced stats and u will see atrocious numbers. Jones is technically an all around d man but really his defensive stats don’t show that. He’s a big body 20 minute eating d man who should play on the power play and can play on the PK but his advanced stats do not show he should be remotely close to playing short handed. Jones’s defensive play is lackluster and that’s overrating him imo.

All I read from this is “look at advanced stats”. Watch a game and actually evaluate the player.
9 juill. 2022 à 19 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Hmm the difference between what I have listed and Toronto, is that Toronto has 3 players all over 10m each. 10.6-11.6. All of which are on Forward.

This team would have zero making that much. They would have 1 dman making 9.5 and one forward making 9 (in cat) and then a few 7-8m. It would be tight at a certain point, but they can make it work.

They can make it work for like 3-5 years, but it would definitely lead to problems especially if they end up with a 5m goalie as well once all those guys are off ELCs. They already have their number 1 D-man in Chabot, everyone should come in under that. As for forwards, everyone should come in under Tkachuk except DeBrincat. If they can get Alex for 9mx8 then that's a steal for them. They will be able to build a much stronger team. They will have like 5 guys eventually at ~8m ea + 5m of Norris, perhaps 6m for Sanderson and a 5-6m goalie. That would be 60% of their cap on 8 Key players but they would need to lock them in sooner rather than later since players take a % of cap into account, so if the cap goes up, then so will their ask. Only reason to bridge is if they don't have the cap at the time or the guy is asking a ton.
9 juill. 2022 à 19 h 19
Glep
Being selective with where you're going or staying doesn't mean anything.

Look at the comparables to Giroux from the past.

Joe Thornton at age 34, only signing with the Sharks: 9.78% AAV for 3 years (Equal to 8.06M today)

Henrik Sedin at age 33, only signing with the Canucks: 10.89% AAV for 4 years (Equal to 9M today)

Nick Backstrom at age 32, only signing with the Capitals: 11.29% AAV for 5 years (Equal to 9.314M today)

Doesn't matter if it's Ottawa, Edmonton or Seattle, Giroux is getting paid again. More if it's a short term deal.

Giroux at 8m is not it. While that is them signing for that AAV, mcdavid signed at 12.5 but is now worth 13.6 based on cap inflation. Cap inflation is not everything I’ll tell you that. Gretzky made 47m over the course of his career inflating to 90m today. Mcdavids current contract beats that out by 10m. Claiming that a certain percentage is how players base their contract on is blasphemy. Thorntons contract when he was 34, he took a pay cut. You either want an increase or a cut based on your play. Sedin wanted an increase. Backstrom wanted an increase after being paid 6.7 for 10 years and he earned it rightfully so. Girouxs old contract has him paid 12.87% of the cap or 10.5m. All of these players previous contracts signed were nowhere near the money giroux had gotten. I’d imagine he is happy and money and is willing to take a cut to play for a cup or play for his hometown. If I were an NHLer who made the equivalent of 10.5 for 8 years, I would be set with money for the rest of my life and would play for an opportunity to win a cup in the dwindling years of my career. If the panthers won the cup this past year, I see him fetching 7+. Since he doesn’t have one he is going to be more desperate and limit his options to where he wants to go and accept less money for his services. Kids don’t play hockey and have a main dream of making the NHL, they have a main dream of winning the cup. Giroux wants a cup, he will take a pay cut in an effort to get there.
9 juill. 2022 à 19 h 26
Glep
Quoting: HiddenValley
All I read from this is “look at advanced stats”. Watch a game and actually evaluate the player.

I’m not one of those guys who don’t watch the games and just looks at stats. Most of my nights during the NHL season are spent watching games from 7-12. I’ve seen jones play a bit, Columbus, Nashville and Chicago. I have watched him since his draft year. I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t say I thought jones was a steal at 4 to Nashville. I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t say I thought Nashville got fleeced in the johansen trade. After Jones’s years in Columbus i started to see him not play up to the standards expected of him defensively. He puts up points sure, but seeing him play it’s kinda evident that he is just a 6’4” body on the ice defensively. He makes poor decisions, and if I were a GM, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole. He’s worth maybe 6.5 mil max in my opinion for the intangibles but I would be paying him and pairing him with the best defensive D man on my team. Don’t tell me to watch a game when I have seen him play for damn near 10 years now and I have soured on him so much.
9 juill. 2022 à 22 h 6
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,589

THis
Cardiak a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage