Forums/Armchair-GM

Columbus is ready for the next step

Créé par: Jacketsman61
Équipe: 2022-23 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 8 juill. 2022
Publié: 8 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jackets are now loaded with prospects and picks to now push for the playoffs again. Finally a guy with Gaudreau’s playmaking ability is signed long term to help Laine become the beast scorer we all know he can be. This team has depth and a lot of young players to push vets for playing time. Future is bright, let’s do this!!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
89 250 000 $
31 250 000 $
1950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
710 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $76 920 833 $0 $850 000 $5 579 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 4
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 2
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
975 000 $975 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
UFA - 6
787 500 $787 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 43
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,128
The Cleveland Monsters are your 2023 Calder Cup champions.
Friendly_Cannon a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 44
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
He definitely ain’t signing here sadly. I would be overjoyed if he did tho. Also that top line is gonna score 500 goals. And allow 450.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 16
CBJ might be the only team to offer Johnny hockey that much money, so there's a chance you'd get him.
8 juill. 2022 à 20 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,962
We've got Voracek playmaking for Laine already, and Johnson getting ready to take over that role once Father Time brings Jake down. Gaudreau would be nice to have but I wouldn't want to spend that much money on him; I'd rather be able to keep the kids we're developing when they develop.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 20 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 815
Quoting: Viqsi
We've got Voracek playmaking for Laine already, and Johnson getting ready to take over that role once Father Time brings Jake down. Gaudreau would be nice to have but I wouldn't want to spend that much money on him; I'd rather be able to keep the kids we're developing when they develop.

The problem with Voracek is older and would be better suited to play second line minutes. I also think it is very possible that Texier could still be viewed as a center and if surrounded by high offensive talent he might be able to push through. The team is going to need solid center depth but elite wings. I think Jarmo could be a dark horse for him.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 58
Quoting: Jacketsman61
The problem with Voracek is older and would be better suited to play second line minutes.

#1) Second line minutes? Based on what? Prejudice?
#2) Did I or did I not already cite Johnson as the up and coming replacement for when he actually does start to show signs of age?

I also think it is very possible that Texier could still be viewed as a center and if surrounded by high offensive talent he might be able to push through. The team is going to need solid center depth but elite wings. I think Jarmo could be a dark horse for him.

This has literally nothing to do with anything I said. We've already GOT "solid" center depth and at least one elite wing, and others are in development.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 30
Démarrer sujet
#1) Second line minutes? Based on what? Prejudice?
#2) Did I or did I not already cite Johnson as the up and coming replacement for when he actually does start to show signs of age?

This has literally nothing to do with anything I said. We've already GOT "solid" center depth and at least one elite wing, and others are in development.

Johnson has to prove it first. I believe he will but Jarmo’s job is to put the best team he can on the ice.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 32
Johnson has to prove it first. I believe he will but Jarmo’s job is to put the best team he can on the ice.

His job is to put together the best roster on the ice long-term as well as short-term. Gaudreau would be a major short-term improvement, but that contract would be a severe impediment to keeping any of the benefits of our long-term investments. We would be losing all those developing kids right when Gaudreau is starting to fade and we therefore need them the most. It is therefore, more than likely, Not A Good Idea.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 36
Démarrer sujet
His job is to put together the best roster on the ice long-term as well as short-term. Gaudreau would be a major short-term improvement, but that contract would be a severe impediment to keeping any of the benefits of our long-term investments. We would be losing all those developing kids right when Gaudreau is starting to fade and we therefore need them the most. It is therefore, more than likely, Not A Good Idea.

I don’t see it that way at all. In fact, it is expected that in the summer of 2024 the cap will skyrocket up. Cap space would not be an issue with this signing. And Gaudreau is not fading. He just had a career year. That is a bad take.
TheRealisticGuy a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 57
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I don’t see it that way at all. In fact, it is expected that in the summer of 2024 the cap will skyrocket up. Cap space would not be an issue with this signing. And Gaudreau is not fading. He just had a career year. That is a bad take.

That's the kind of speculation that got Toronto into the situation they're in. I'd prefer they avoid signing massive contracts until the cap actually does go up. That way if they end up with Sillinger, Johnson, Roslovic and Marchenko all being worth a whole lot of money they can afford to re-sign their guys.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 2 h 37

He turns 29 in August. He'll have several good years yet, but Father Time remains undefeated. Likely within a half-decade - by the time our kids are entering their primes and going for big new contracts - you'll see the effects of age catching up.

Now, if you can get him to that contract without nearly as much term, then we'll be both on the same page. But I think we both know he's not going for that.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 14 h 16
Habs4Ever
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,737
He turns 29 in August. He'll have several good years yet, but Father Time remains undefeated. Likely within a half-decade - by the time our kids are entering their primes and going for big new contracts - you'll see the effects of age catching up.

Now, if you can get him to that contract without nearly as much term, then we'll be both on the same page. But I think we both know he's not going for that.

Like if all of your young promising prospects will hit their ceiling and they’ll all want 6M+ lol
10 juill. 2022 à 14 h 29
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
Like if all of your young promising prospects will hit their ceiling and they’ll all want 6M+ lol

They don't have to hit their ceilings for it to be an issue. They have Gavrikov, Sillinger, Johnson, Marchenko, Chinkhov, Texier, Roslovic and Peeke all coming off either ELCs or bridge contracts in the next 2 years. The pure volume is the issue which would become a nightmare in this Gaudreau scenario if just 2 or 3 of those guys earn 5+ mil and the rest fall in the $2-4 mil range. Plus now they have Jiricek and Mateychuk to consider a few years down the line with Boqvist and Tarasov's new deals too. Johnny and any other high profile UFA/Trade target just isn't a fit in Columbus at the moment.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 14 h 36
Habs4Ever
Quoting: dk325
They don't have to hit their ceilings for it to be an issue. They have Gavrikov, Sillinger, Johnson, Marchenko, Chinkhov, Texier, Roslovic and Peeke all coming off either ELCs or bridge contracts in the next 2 years. The pure volume is the issue which would become a nightmare in this Gaudreau scenario if just 2 or 3 of those guys earn 5+ mil and the rest fall in the $2-4 mil range. Plus now they have Jiricek and Mateychuk to consider a few years down the line with Boqvist and Tarasov's new deals too. Johnny and any other high profile UFA/Trade target just isn't a fit in Columbus at the moment.

In two years you’ll have free up 5.5M Nyquist, 8.25M Voracek and 4M Roslovic … if Toronto can do it with 11.6M Matthews 11M Tavares 10.9M Marner 7.5M Reilly 7M Nylander pretty sure Columbus can figured it out with Gaudreau making 10M Werenski making 9.5M and Laine 9.25M. After everything will be under 6M
10 juill. 2022 à 14 h 51
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
In two years you’ll have free up 5.5M Nyquist, 8.25M Voracek and 4M Roslovic … if Toronto can do it with 11.6M Matthews 11M Tavares 10.9M Marner 7.5M Reilly 7M Nylander pretty sure Columbus can figured it out with Gaudreau making 10M Werenski making 9.5M and Laine 9.25M. After everything will be under 6M

Are the Leafs figuring it out though? Seems like they had to give up a whole lot of players since those deals were signed that could have provided them with championship or at least 2nd round level depth.

I just like the Jackets cap future way more without Gaudreau at $10 mil. I'd also say there's zero certainty that Sillinger, Johnson and Marchenko will be under $6 mil/year. The team needs one more year to be able to project these things out more clearly before they go big game hunting on players like Gaudreau.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 15 h 8
Habs4Ever
Are the Leafs figuring it out though? Seems like they had to give up a whole lot of players since those deals were signed that could have provided them with championship or at least 2nd round level depth.

I just like the Jackets cap future way more without Gaudreau at $10 mil. I'd also say there's zero certainty that Sillinger, Johnson and Marchenko will be under $6 mil/year. The team needs one more year to be able to project these things out more clearly before they go big game hunting on players like Gaudreau.

The Leafs are just cursed they are a good team tho
10 juill. 2022 à 16 h 57
Démarrer sujet

But can you wait one more year? The problem here is the need to sign Laine. If Jarmo is not aggressive in FA then it could cause Laine not to sign and then trade him. I imagine Werenski wouldn’t be happy either and would demand a trade. Then this team will have serious issues to deal with not only internally but from a player perspective. Getting Gaudreau and dealing with those issues in the future maybe better than have to deal away two core pieces now because Jarmo failed to make this team better. As for the cap, it is going to rise. We know this and it will also likely rise by a lot in two years. Why worry about it now considering most of these young guys haven’t even proved their worth yet.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 17
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
But can you wait one more year? The problem here is the need to sign Laine. If Jarmo is not aggressive in FA then it could cause Laine not to sign and then trade him. I imagine Werenski wouldn’t be happy either and would demand a trade. Then this team will have serious issues to deal with not only internally but from a player perspective. Getting Gaudreau and dealing with those issues in the future maybe better than have to deal away two core pieces now because Jarmo failed to make this team better. As for the cap, it is going to rise. We know this and it will also likely rise by a lot in two years. Why worry about it now considering most of these young guys haven’t even proved their worth yet.

Go watch exit interviews. Everyone in the organization, including Werenski and Laine, sees what they are building. They all know it's a couple years away and are prepared to work through the growing pains to get there. The best way forward is to give it a year and see how the kids project. Then if there is no emergence of a potential top line addition from within then you go out and get a guy in free agency or with a trade next year.
11 juill. 2022 à 1 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Go watch exit interviews. Everyone in the organization, including Werenski and Laine, sees what they are building. They all know it's a couple years away and are prepared to work through the growing pains to get there. The best way forward is to give it a year and see how the kids project. Then if there is no emergence of a potential top line addition from within then you go out and get a guy in free agency or with a trade next year.

The biggest weapon we have is our cap space. It should be weaponized.
11 juill. 2022 à 2 h 35
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
The biggest weapon we have is our cap space. It should be weaponized.

Signing a massive contract is the opposite of weaponizing cap space. That's committing cap space for the duration of their current competition window. Gaudreau isn't the guy and right now isn't the time.
11 juill. 2022 à 10 h 34
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 866
The idea of bringing Gaudreau in is great, but they probably do not want to be that close to the cap when the dust settles.
DeBrincat would have been the perfect target for secondary LW scoring though, and he probably could have been had for the package he ended up returning from Ottawa.

Also, Laine prefers LW, and Bjorkstrand prefers RW. They would probably be better served switching, and Gaudreau and Laine playing on different lines.
Voracek is every bit as good a playmaker as Gaudreau, and still hasn't lost any speed.
So it would be a win-win to have Voracek set up Laine and Gaudreau to set up Bjorkstrand, since he is more of a finisher.

Also, the D is the same D as last year, and was very porous.
So you seem to be counting on the development of this 6 to improve drastically this upcoming year with no changes?
14 juill. 2022 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Signing a massive contract is the opposite of weaponizing cap space. That's committing cap space for the duration of their current competition window. Gaudreau isn't the guy and right now isn't the time.

How about now?😁
14 juill. 2022 à 11 h 2
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
How about now?😁

I and clearly everyone in the hockey world is shocked haha. I was looking for this post to happily take some **** over what I said. Had I known he had such strong ties to Eric Robinson I would have given this far more consideration. Things are suddenly moving in a way different direction than just 24 hours ago for the CBJ's future.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage