SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

My Draft day 1 thoughts

8 juill. 2022 à 6 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Modifié 8 juill. 2022 à 10 h 14
Consolidated NHL draft thoughts with some effort:
1: Slaf - Wright’s better, would’ve much rather Wright, moves made later helped to soften the blow of not getting Wright
2: Nemec - NJ didn’t need a C, Wright’s better but i don’t hate the pick
3: Cooley - Again, Wright’s better not a bad pick though
4: Wright - Steal, Wright should’ve gone 1
5: Gauthier - HUGE REACH, i am not a Gauthier fan at all, should’ve gone earliest 15 imo
2 Habs trades - Losing Romanov sucks, however, Dach’s ceiling is better imo and he helps the hurt of not picking Wright, i like these 2 trades by HuGo
6: Jiricek - Good pick, CBJ needs the RD help, arguably no 1c left
7: Korchinski - A bit of a reach, imo Mateychuk’s better and Korchinski’s definitely a project but it’s not horrible
8: Kasper - Big reach again, Kasper’s a high floor low ceiling guy imo, it’s Yzerman though so who knows
9: Savoie - Steal, love Savoie, he just oozes talent, i believe he stays at C
10: Mintyukov - Bit of a reach again, not bad though
Sharks trade - No idea how it only costs 34+45 to move up to 11, that’s a bad 1st move imo by Grier
11: Geekie - Big risk, has the talent but the skating needs a lot of work, we’ll see how it pans out
12: Mateychuk - i love this pick, Mateychuk’s so talented, a real unicorn of a defenceman, they might not need a LD but the talent’s there to make a big impact on the lineup
13: Nazar - Good pick, Nazar’s talented and Chicago had to do 1 good move today
14: McGroarty - Decent pick, I’d have rather Lekkerimaki/Kemell but if McGroarty can improve his skating and consistency, he’ll be good
15: Lekkerimaki - steal, i love Lekki, another guy who oozes talent
16: Ostlund - surprised that isn’t Kemell but Ostlund’s good, decent pick, if he can add a bit of strength, he’s your 2c of the future
17: Kemell - Steal, the fall stops, elite shot and skills
18: Bichsel - Good pick, has size and good defensive skills, offense is a work in progress
19: Ohgren - Good pick, solid well rounded player
20: Miro - Very risky pick, could be a steal, could absolutely bust, he has a great shot and is physical but man his consistency, vision and defence sucks
21: Pickering - good pick, a project but very talented
22: Gaucher - a bit of a reach but Gaucher’s a very safe bet
23: Snuggerud - not a Snuggerud fan at all, a bit of a reach imo, has a good shot though
24: Yurov, steal, love him, the fall stops, so talented
Mrazek trade - solid deal for both
25: Rinzel, massive reach imo, huge project, Chesley, Nelson, Casey, etc all better options
26: Mesar - dont hate it, it’s not an off the board pick, Chesley, Howard and Lambert are much better though
27: Bystedt - Lmao, Lambert was right there, thats a bad pick on so many levels, Bystedt’s not worth 27 by a decent amount, should’ve gone around 40
28: Kulich, decent pick overall, better options but not a bad pick
Kassian trade - solid deal for both
29: Maveric Lamoureux - Big reach imo, shouldn’t have gone until earliest the mid 2nd imo
30: Brad Lambert - the fall stops, steal for Winnipeg
31: Isaac Howard - another steal for Tampa, love Howard, very talented player
32: Reid Schaefer - lol Oilers, way to go off the board by a mile, huge reach
DirtyDangle, justaBoss, MatthewsFan and 5 others a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 49
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I love what MIM did, picking up Ohgren and Yurov was amazing. They added to significant pieces to an already stacked prospect pool. They are going to be a serious force in the near future.

Biggest loser was the NYI, don’t love what they did. With Nazar sitting right there, not sure what Lou was thinking.

For the Lesfs, they were super high on Ohgren, when he wasn’t there, moving back only 13 spots to get out of the Mrazek contract without retaining any salary was a really nice move. One Dubas created no doubt, but nonetheless a great move.

Nice write up. 🤛
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 54
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
I’m still not that much a fan of the Stars pick, I feel like Bichsel will become like an Oleksiak and that’s not what you would want out of a prospect when you could’ve had much more.

The pick would’ve been much easier if Dallas would’ve lost one of the last games of the year to finish below Nashville and get clapped by the Avs instead.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 57
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
I dont get the Devils explanation
Devils didnt need D but they should have taken Wright (they didn’t need C)
8 juill. 2022 à 10 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Devil
I dont get the Devils explanation
Devils didnt need D but they should have taken Wright (they didn’t need C)

My bad, typo
8 juill. 2022 à 10 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’m still not that much a fan of the Stars pick, I feel like Bichsel will become like an Oleksiak and that’s not what you would want out of a prospect when you could’ve had much more.

The pick would’ve been much easier if Dallas would’ve lost one of the last games of the year to finish below Nashville and get clapped by the Avs instead.

I think Pickering or someone like Yurov/Howard/Chesley would’ve been better but with
Bichsel, you’re looking at a 2nd pair DFD who can start transitions off with a pass, maybe not exactly what you’d want but it’s not a bad pick
8 juill. 2022 à 10 h 25
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think Pickering or someone like Yurov/Howard/Chesley would’ve been better but with
Bichsel, you’re looking at a 2nd pair DFD who can start transitions off with a pass, maybe not exactly what you’d want but it’s not a bad pick

That’s at most. He has the real potential to turn into the next Oleksiak or even Tufte.

I’m hoping you’re right, but I don’t have the biggest confidence in that pick. Hopefully Nill can fix this with a solid pick in the 2nd round.
8 juill. 2022 à 13 h 15
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I think MTL crushed it last night. The fact that Wright dropped all the way to #4 validates their decision. We've been conditioned over the last 3 years to expect Wright to be selected first, even though he's no longer the best player (at least according to MTL, NJD, and ARI).

Adding Dach was a home run, as well. He's probably never gonna be an electrifying offensive player, but he could develop into the type of 2-way Center that good teams need to be successful. As a Devils fan, I was praying for MTL to take Wright. I wanted Slafkovsky.
8 juill. 2022 à 14 h 36
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
31: Isaac Howard - another steal for Tampa, love Howard, very talented player

I was cheering in thrilled disbelief-couldn't believe he was still on the board at 31. Absolutely terrific pick, hope it pans out
8 juill. 2022 à 19 h 50
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
32: Reid Schaefer - lol Oilers, way to go off the board by a mile, huge reach[/quote]

he is not that big of a reach most of what I have seen is that he was projected to go in the second round and #32 was a second round pick 2 years ago, I am ok with the I guess would have much preferred RD, a projected 3rd line 2 way power forward is a ok pick at 32 imo

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage