Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 54
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: Messier99
When you sign a UFA 2+ weeks into free agency - the Team should be doing well.
Dubas did not.

What does when the player was signed have to do with anything?
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 57
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
But that doesnt make him a bad or average GM as if thats the case every GM would apply to that logic

Well I mean those aren’t the only bad moves he’s made. And I think he’s slightly above average. Might go as far as to say he’s a good GM, but he’s not a great one.

And I’m not sure what you are getting at here. How good a GM is is determined by how good their moves are and if they can make their team succeed. Dubas has made more good moves than bad I think but he’s still made quite a few bad ones.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 55
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Fair deal imo.
11 juill. 2022 à 7 h 9
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Quoting: Saskleaf
He’s a decent GM. Pretty average to be honest. He’s not great and he isn’t bad. This deal is a good one for the leafs in a vacuum (and of course it wouldn’t be fair to forget Dubas signed him it it, but he also signed Bunting to a complete steal last off-season and signed Kampf and Kase, so let’s not act like he had a bad off-season last year). But he did also sign Ritchie.

Edit: I had bad wifi, and this ended up a double post. Ignore.

His asset management is horrendous, the Leafs just have good development and elite level pro scouts so they can cover his bad decisions. That's my opinion, we can agree to disagree, but I think he's easily a bottom 10 GM in the league
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 10 h 30
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
His asset management is horrendous, the Leafs just have good development and elite level pro scouts so they can cover his bad decisions. That's my opinion, we can agree to disagree, but I think he's easily a bottom 10 GM in the league

Why do you think he has bad asset management? I’m kind of curious.
11 juill. 2022 à 10 h 32
WentWughes
Why do you think he has bad asset management? I’m kind of curious.

- Bad Contracts
- Letting good level talent leave in FA for nothing
- Trading picks like they're candy
11 juill. 2022 à 10 h 56
Go leafs go
- Bad Contracts
- Letting good level talent leave in FA for nothing
- Trading picks like they're candy

1. Debatable. The only truely bad contracts he’s made I think are Mrazek and Ritchie but there are strong arguments for Muzzin and Tavares being bad contracts.

2. He also signs free agents. That’s kind of the whole point of free agency. Don’t really care about this one.

3. This would be a big issue if he didn’t have pick that look like they’ll be really good or trade down all the time. As is it evens out pretty well.
11 juill. 2022 à 11 h 1
WentWughes
1. Debatable. The only truely bad contracts he’s made I think are Mrazek and Ritchie but there are strong arguments for Muzzin and Tavares being bad contracts.

2. He also signs free agents. That’s kind of the whole point of free agency. Don’t really care about this one.

3. This would be a big issue if he didn’t have pick that look like they’ll be really good or trade down all the time. As is it evens out pretty well.

That's why I said in my original post Toronto has elite pro scouring and develope. They can afford to have a bad GM
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 14 h 0
Go leafs go
That's why I said in my original post Toronto has elite pro scouring and develope. They can afford to have a bad GM

I guess I kind of lump all of that into the same category so I can respect that.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage