Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 18
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: GenXHockey
No it costs a 2nd. Canes traded 26 for 39 and 50 just last draft. It's a PERFECT match comparable. I thought it would cost a 3rd but 2nd was the price.

It literally didn't. Just because you're making up values doesn't change it lmao
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 22
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Random2152
It literally didn't. Just because you're making up values doesn't change it lmao

You're saying that trade didn't happen? Just go look it up if you don't believe me.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 29
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: GenXHockey
You're saying that trade didn't happen? Just go look it up if you don't believe me.

I'm saying you aren't valuing this trade properly
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
This is probably going to be a good trade for both teams. I still think Mrazek is a good goalie. Chicago didn’t have a goalie, they can afford him, and he’s only signed for two more years so his contract won’t get in the way of their rebuild. The guy they picked still might have been available at #38, but he was ranked in the first round on some lists, so why take that chance when you need a goalie anyway?

Maybe Mrazek could have bounced back for Toronto, but keeping him and hoping that happens would have been a bigger risk than trading down 13 picks to dump his cap hit. I noticed they waited until it was their turn to pick before they made the trade, so I suspect they weren’t too high on any of the players that were still available at the time (though it was probably more a case of Chicago wanting to be sure Rinzel was still available), and maybe they like a guy they think will still be there at #38.
HeroStuff, Ritzy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
It's still a loss. A poor free agent signing resulted in the Leafs paying another team to take the bad contract.

That's a loss on the signing, not a loss on the trade.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 48
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Random2152
I'm saying you aren't valuing this trade properly

How is that? The trade already happened last draft!!!
OldNYIfan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 16
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I feel like Dubas has to trade assets every year for his terrible signings and trades. Somehow Leafs Nation still think he's a good GM tears of joy

Do you want to provide any examples besides this one?

- He traded Nick Ritchie with 2023 3rd rounder, but Ilya Lyubushkin came back (who was easily worth a 3rd).
- He traded Kasperi Kapanen, but got a great return for him from PIT (15th overall pick + 2nd round pick).
- He let Zach Hyman walk because EDM massively overpaid, then replaced him with Bunting at 950K.
- Trading Patrick Marleau cost a 1st rounder, but Lou Lamoriello sighed Marleau not Dubas.

None of those are terrible outcomes. So what are you referring to?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,273
Quoting: mondo
I mean it could've been worse. Could've gotten three first round picks in a row and whiffed on all of them.

oH BOY. DAVIDSON THOUGHT IT WAS THE 2023 DRAFT
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 17
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,575
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
oH BOY. DAVIDSON THOUGHT IT WAS THE 2023 DRAFT

There's still a full year of pending UFA's being traded at the TDL OR Kaner/Toews to acquire those picks. It's a multiyear tank approach.
8 juill. 2022 à 11 h 40
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Quoting: AndrewLadd
“We don’t need to give up all those assets we’ll just buyout Mrazek.” Leafs fans in shambles

They only had to move down 13 picks, which is practically nothing, given how much a buyout would have cost them.
8 juill. 2022 à 15 h 19
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 185
Leafs trade down 13 spots to get rid of their biggest offseason liability. The Leafs cleared cap space, only traded down slightly, their roster and prospect pool remains intact, and due to a trade with Vegas later in the draft, improved their number of draft picks. I don’t know how many so many people can’t see the Leafs won this trade, even through their Leafs-hate goggles.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 17 h 36
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,863
It was already a great deal for the Leafs, and then the Hawks went and took a high schooler at 25 and the Leafs got Minten. Blackhawks blunder, Dubas dub
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 20 h 7
Steve Durbano Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Quoting: CapFriendly

I think the Black Hawks won as they get a goalie who can lead them to last place and the prize is Connor Bedard. Was fun watching Dubas wearing another one of his mistakes on national television ( he looked so sad when the trade was announced).
9 juill. 2022 à 17 h 9
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
I feel like Dubas has to trade assets every year for his terrible signings and trades. Somehow Leafs Nation still think he's a good GM tears of joy

Quoting: MadLin27
He's a great GM.

He’s a decent GM. Pretty average to be honest. He’s not great and he isn’t bad. This deal is a good one for the leafs in a vacuum (and of course it wouldn’t be fair to forget Dubas signed him it it, but he also signed Bunting to a complete steal last off-season and signed Kampf and Kase, so let’s not act like he had a bad off-season last year). But he did also sign Ritchie.
9 juill. 2022 à 17 h 9
Go leafs go

He's a great GM.

He’s a decent GM. Pretty average to be honest. He’s not great and he isn’t bad. This deal is a good one for the leafs in a vacuum (and of course it wouldn’t be fair to forget Dubas signed him it it, but he also signed Bunting to a complete steal last off-season and signed Kampf and Kase, so let’s not act like he had a bad off-season last year). But he did also sign Ritchie.

Edit: I had bad wifi, and this ended up a double post. Ignore.
9 juill. 2022 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: Saskleaf

Wow, A rational post on this website??????? Thought id never see the day
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 18 h 58
Go leafs go
Quoting: biased_leafs_fan
Wow, A rational post on this website??????? Thought id never see the day

Lol thanks. Just stating the facts.
biased_leafs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 16 h 52
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389

He has made mistakes, but his track record of good moves greatly outweighs the bad in my opinion.

People may disagree, but the truth is Dubas got kind of screwed by covid more so than most teams.
Leafs signed their core with the expectation of significant long term rise in cap (which was expected at the time)

Since then, he has tiptoed with severe cap restraints and has still managed to put together very good teams.

He has made several creative moves to acquire cheap depth and secondary players that has led to this year which was the best regular season in franchise history.
Of course the playoff disappointments are at the forefront of the conversation, but you can't deny his ability to put together a strong team.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724

Hes not descent hes not average but is a good GM

Ritchie would have been good if he adapted to Toronto. But he didnt so it happens

Mrazek stays healthy and puts up a 0.910 sv thats a good deal
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 11
Go leafs go
He has made mistakes, but his track record of good moves greatly outweighs the bad in my opinion.

People may disagree, but the truth is Dubas got kind of screwed by covid more so than most teams.
Leafs signed their core with the expectation of significant long term rise in cap (which was expected at the time)

Since then, he has tiptoed with severe cap restraints and has still managed to put together very good teams.

He has made several creative moves to acquire cheap depth and secondary players that has led to this year which was the best regular season in franchise history.
Of course the playoff disappointments are at the forefront of the conversation, but you can't deny his ability to put together a strong team.

Agreed the leafs got off a little worse than the other teams from the covid flat cap.

And I also agree that he's made a lot of good moves. He's made a number of quality additions to this team, but he's had his fair share of mistakes as well. And he's definetly improved the regular season leafs. But the reality is nobody is going to consider him among the leagues best until the team AT LEAST wins a playoff round (might take a few of those to be honest). In 4-5 years if the leafs have playoff success he could absolutly become one the the top GM's, but right now he's average. I understand where you're coming from though.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 16
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes not descent hes not average but is a good GM

Ritchie would have been good if he adapted to Toronto. But he didnt so it happens

Mrazek stays healthy and puts up a 0.910 sv thats a good deal

Those were bad deals. Don't try to defend them. There are plenty of better ways if you want to defend Dubas (and as I've sad, I think he's a average or slightly above average GM).
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Those were bad deals. Don't try to defend them. There are plenty of better ways if you want to defend Dubas (and as I've sad, I think he's a average or slightly above average GM).

They werent bad though its all up to chance

If we look at deals throughout history all are gambles as one slip up and the deals bad or one turnaround the deals a steal

Now in terms of those 2

Ritchie plays like he did in Boston and produces that deals a steal. Mrazek doesnt hurt his groin 3 times and plays like he did in Carolina and posts a 0.912sv then not only is that a good deal but we got our starter for 2023. Sadly it didnt happen but those arent on the GM as he cant predict 3 groin injuries or a player not adapting to the system.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 18
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
They werent bad though its all up to chance

If we look at deals throughout history all are gambles as one slip up and the deals bad or one turnaround the deals a steal

I'm not saying they were bad at the time or that they couldn't have worked. But they didn't work and they were bad. I don't really see how this is debatable lol.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 20
Hakuna Matata
I'm not saying they were bad at the time or that they couldn't have worked. But they didn't work and they were bad. I don't really see how this is debatable lol.

But that doesnt make him a bad or average GM as if thats the case every GM would apply to that logic
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 17 h 37
average joe
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 86

When you sign a UFA 2+ weeks into free agency - the Team should be doing well.
Dubas did not.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage