(MTL/CHI) - 2022 1st round pick (NYI) + 2022 3rd round pick for Dach

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 14
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
THE question is : "If Chicago is rebuilding, why trade away Dach?" Too good to be true for Montreal. I'm scared.
Andy_Dick et areax91 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 14
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
So essentially they move Romanov + 13th overall pick +66th overall pick plus 98th overall pick for Dach. They arguably gave up more than Ottawa did for a proven 40 goal scorer.

uhhh... no...
They moved Romanov for the 13th OA.

They essentially traded Romanov, 3rd, 4th for Dach
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a 1st with three years of development. If Dach does better in Montreal, then this trade will look great for at least a few years.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
This trade pissed off both myself and my brother who’s a Hawks fan, so can I say both fanbases lose?
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I'm not watching the draft ... but now I kinda wish I was watching lol
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 33
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Ok I’ll accept Frank Nazar would’ve preferred Kemell but this will do I guess

I still hate the Korchinski pick there were much better defensemen available
Jco5ta5 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 44
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,594
Quoting: IconicHawk
Ok I’ll accept Frank Nazar would’ve preferred Kemell but this will do I guess

I still hate the Korchinski pick there were much better defensemen available

Korchinski has size and offensive skill. Hard to find that. Hopefully this works out. Glad they took Nazar. He dropped right in their lap. I wonder if Korchinski would be around if they took Nazar 7th. Lol
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 56
Bedard23
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Korchinski has size and offensive skill. Hard to find that. Hopefully this works out. Glad they took Nazar. He dropped right in their lap. I wonder if Korchinski would be around if they took Nazar 7th. Lol

Again like I’ve said 20,000 times over size means nothing to how good a player is
Andy_Dick, ColonelX et habs_fan123 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 22 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
CHI picked Dach 3rd OA in 2919. They get back 13th OA. They lose big time, at least right now.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 685
Giving up the 13th pick + 66th pick for a young center that has struggled heavily is a big overpay. Really thought Chicago would be lucky if they got a late 1st for him. W for Chicago
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 12
Bedard23
Quoting: DongLord23
Giving up the 13th pick for a young center that has struggled heavily is a big overpay. Really thought Chicago would be lucky if they got a late 1st for him. W for Chicago

Well the price was a top 15 pick so if we went passed the top 15 with nothing there would be no trade
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 32
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
This trade pissed off both myself and my brother who’s a Hawks fan, so can I say both fanbases lose?

Just wait, the rebuild begins, head scratching trade with NYI, ans looks like Montreal paid high price fort Dach but he may need a new start

This Trade Will be juged in 3-4 years
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 0 h 33
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
100% good with this. Got Dach for Romanov + 2 late picks. Hughes common W

3rd + 4th round picks are objectively not "late picks".

And Romanov probably had a better season than Dach this year.

Dach is still a 25 point forward going into his 4th season.

Maybe this is just another Sergachev trade?
8 juill. 2022 à 8 h 53
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 611
Last offseason: Montréal loses a big project centre drafted 3rd overall 3 years previous with underwhelming numbers but good potential for a first and a third

This offseason: Montréal gains a big project centre drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago with underwhelming numbers but good potential for a first and a third

Everything comes full circle. I voted fair deal
Andy_Dick et Stupidsexyflanders a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 17
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 149
I dont really get this trade. If MTL truly thought Wright and Slaf were close for the 1OA spot (as most reports say), why were they not sprinting to trade for 4OA with Seattle instead of landing Dach? Based on most draft value charts, 13OA + 26OA + 66OA should be enough to get 4OA. Even if Seattle wanted more, if MTL was in fact really high on Wright then they should have had no issue throwing in someone like Josh Anderson..

Obviously it would depend on if Seattle was willing to make this trade. Maybe Seattle had wright as the 1OA pick and treated his value as such..

I just dont think Dach will be the 2C that MTL is hoping he will be.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 21
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
habs got their kotkaniemi

jk, i think this is a risk worth taking
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 25
Bedard23
Quoting: Brian2016
CHI picked Dach 3rd OA in 2919. They get back 13th OA. They lose big time, at least right now.

Then we use said pick to draft Frank Nazar
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 25
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a 1st with three years of development. If Dach does better in Montreal, then this trade will look great for at least a few years.

If Dach develops into the player Chicago was hoping he would be when they drafted him, then MTL is the clear winner of this trade. The only issue is that he is 150+ gp into his career and has been very disappointing in that time.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: sammy_daws1997
I dont really get this trade. If MTL truly thought Wright and Slaf were close for the 1OA spot (as most reports say), why were they not sprinting to trade for 4OA with Seattle instead of landing Dach? Based on most draft value charts, 13OA + 26OA + 66OA should be enough to get 4OA. Even if Seattle wanted more, if MTL was in fact really high on Wright then they should have had no issue throwing in someone like Josh Anderson..

Obviously it would depend on if Seattle was willing to make this trade. Maybe Seattle had wright as the 1OA pick and treated his value as such..

That’s originally what I thought was happening. I was screaming at the TV watching Gary announce it. If MTL somehow acquired 4th overall, that may have been the greatest GM masterclass I have ever seen…
8 juill. 2022 à 9 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Last offseason: Montréal loses a big project centre drafted 3rd overall 3 years previous with underwhelming numbers but good potential for a first and a third

This offseason: Montréal gains a big project centre drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago with underwhelming numbers but good potential for a first and a third

Everything comes full circle. I voted fair deal

That’s what I was thinking too, looking at this trade on its own without considering what it cost the Habs to get the 13th pick, because they could have stopped there and kept that pick.

Dach and Kotkaniemi were both 3rd overall picks that haven’t lived up to expectations but are young enough to think that they still might. Both were acquired for a 1st and 3rd round pick. You could also argue that both were rushed into the NHL too soon because of their high draft position. Different GM in Montreal this time, but this does look a bit like trying to reverse what happened with KK. The picks Montreal gave up for Dach were higher than those they got for KK, and despite his 8-year extension I think the jury is still out on KK, but Dach isn’t necessarily going to follow the same trajectory as KK. If their scouts think he still has 3rd pick potential, it’s probably worth a try.

Dach is young enough to be part of the rebuild in Chicago, but if they don’t think he’ll develop to his full potential there, this trade seems to fit their strategy of rebuilding through the draft.
8 juill. 2022 à 10 h 0
Mentions "j'aime": 539

That would have been awesome. Undecided between Wright and Slafkovsky and they end up with both. As a new team without much of a prospect pool I could see Seattle wanting more picks, but I think the trade value of that #4 pick went way up when Wright wasn’t picked in the top 3.
9 juill. 2022 à 7 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: LeeW
Just wait, the rebuild begins, head scratching trade with NYI, ans looks like Montreal paid high price fort Dach but he may need a new start

This Trade Will be juged in 3-4 years

3-4 years isn’t going to make my brother like Dach less and me like Romanov less. It’ll still be painful. We don’t care who gets the better hockey player(s).
9 juill. 2022 à 9 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141

Obviously it would depend on if Seattle was willing to make this trade.

Teams basically never trade picks that high, and Seattle especially has a conservative GM who is focused on building through the draft. They were never going to be able to make that trade unless somebody like Caufield was the centrepiece, and for obvious reasons Montreal wasn't going to do that.
11 juill. 2022 à 15 h 10
Quoting: Colonel_Green
Teams basically never trade picks that high, and Seattle especially has a conservative GM who is focused on building through the draft. They were never going to be able to make that trade unless somebody like Caufield was the centrepiece, and for obvious reasons Montreal wasn't going to do that.

Building through the draft is exactly what trading 4OA for 13OA, 26OA and 66OA would achieve. The would end up still with a lottery pick plus an additional 1st and a very early 3rd round pick. Instead they are putting their eggs in one basket that hasnt played as much as you would hope in the last few years due to covid.
16 juill. 2022 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141
Building through the draft is exactly what trading 4OA for 13OA, 26OA and 66OA would achieve. The would end up still with a lottery pick plus an additional 1st and a very early 3rd round pick. Instead they are putting their eggs in one basket that hasnt played as much as you would hope in the last few years due to covid.

The values of those picks are simply not equivalent. The high end of the draft is where you go for the best shot at the best players.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage