Forums/Armchair-GM

Kent Hughes Getting Busy

Créé par: SlafCaufZuki
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 5 juill. 2022
Publié: 5 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Sorry for the essay I wrote on the Ottawa trade, I just wanted to explain my reasoning for that trade, since I fully expect people to storm to the comments to bash that deal. Before commenting that deal, at least try to hear me out. I tried to go with a trade I think Dorion would genuinely accept and that would fill out the needs he has personally set (defensive RHD and power forward top 6 RW) instead of going for a trade Ottawa fans would readily accept.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
43 400 000 $
32 975 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
32 625 000 $
21 400 000 $
2825 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 500 000 $
1775 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3925 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. Zaitsev, Nikita
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (OTT)
OTT
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Savard, David
  3. Tuch, Luke [Liste de réserve]
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
I obviously wouldn’t do that trade I were the Sens, but I genuinely believe Dorion would be keen to doing this type of trade irl. Before storming to the comments, just hear me out and think of the possibility of this trade going through irl as opposed to the actual value going both sides in the deal.

Yes, Anderson doesn’t have the best analytics. Yes, he doesn’t produce all that much points. Yes, his game can be pretty one/dimensional at times. However, not all NHL executives think the game like we do. His value doesn’t stem from stats. While we’d consider Anderson to be overrated and overpaid, many NHL GMs are nevertheless in on him right now as he’s clearly garnering a lot of interest across the league from many teams. Why is that the case? Simple. Anderson is a rare type of player that boomers love. He’s incredibly fast, has *some* skill, is super physical and can score goals. He’s basically a modern 2nd line power forward in that sense. Therefore, his perceived value by NHL GMs is probably way higher than it should be, making it so it’s basically guaranteed the Habs will net at least a late first in assets for him.

Ottawa has made it clear that pick 7 is available and that they would want a top 6 RW or a top 4 RHD in return that can help improve their lineup right now and be a part of their core for the foreseeable future. Anderson fits the bill, especially considering he’s 28 and plays the type of game that Dorion loves. Heck, he drafted Tyler Boucher at 10th overall last year, that should say enough considering Boucher plays an Anderson-esque game, which was probably the only reason he was drafted so high. Considering this, Dorion hence likely sees Anderson as a good fit for his team and him being really interested in the Habs’ power forward would make a lot of sense in hindsight. Additionally, the Sens really want to get rid of Murray, as he makes a lot of money and he has failed to live up to the expectations that were set when he landed that huge contract. Habs basically take on Murray in this deal to relieve Ottawa of that horrible contract and the Habs get the perfect rank goalie that could potentially be a reclamation project if everything goes right. Acquiring him also allows the Habs to capitalize on Allen’s value and trade him for a good return. Murray would waive his M-NTC as he wouldn’t be moving far and he’d be presented with a change of scenery from a team in a similar situation.

Zaitsev and Savard is basically just a 1-for-1 swap that helps both teams marginally, where the Habs also take on an extra million dollars on the cap for the same term. Savard and Zairsev haven’t really worked out for their respective teams. Zaitsev has a slighly more expensive deal so the Sens save some money in doing so and replace him with a defensive RHD (something they desperately need) who used to genuinely be great analytically when it comes to defensive before getting traded from Columbus. He could could potentially be a great partner for someone like Brannstrom. Habs get a different style of player that they can gamble on as The Romanov-Savard pairing was a disaster.

In this trade, Dorion fills out what he considers to be a need, replaced a bad contract with a slighly cheaper one that plays a role they need and gets rid of a bad contract with term at the cost of trading down 19 spots. The Habs add a prospect in Tuch to the deal to make the actual value a bit more even. Considering the amount of high-end talent in this draft is limited, it’s not like the talent gap between 7 and 26 is astronomical either
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (WSH)
WSH
  1. Dvorak, Christian
Détails additionnels:
With Backstrom being done, the Capitals need a new 2C. Pretty self-explanatory trade.
MTL
  1. Zacha, Pavel [Droits de RFA]
NJD
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
The Devils and Zacha will likely be moving on and they a good return for him in this deal. The Habs get a young LHC who can play 3C for them and replace Dvorak.
EDM
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Considering the Oilers desperately need an upgrade in goal, they get a player that really helps them now, which is what they said they’d want in return for Puljujarvi. Considering both would probably be worth around a second round pick, the value is likely pretty fair. Also added Barrie in the deal considering EDM really needs to get rid of his deals and the Habs want a RHD that can eat minutes to replace Petry.
MTL
  1. DiPietro, Michael [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (TBL)
Détails additionnels:
The Canucks are looking to move on from DiPietro. The Habs are a rumoured fit and could use him as internal competition for Primeau.
MTL
  1. Dellandrea, Ty
  2. Khudobin, Anton
  3. Stranges, Antonio
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
DAL
  1. Petry, Jeff
Détails additionnels:
Assuming Dallas does not re-sign Klingberg, they would obviously need to replace him. They’re rumoured to be in on Petry, but I doubt they’re keen on moving their 2023 first for him, especial considering his age and contract. To make up for that, in acquiring Petry, they make MTL take on Khudobin’s contract and give up their 2023 2nd and two decent-ish prospects in the deal.
MTL
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Hoffman, Mike
Détails additionnels:
Arizona wants overpaid NHL-calibre players with short-term that they can use to eat minutes and flip at the deadline at 50 % retained for a positive net return. This fits the bill.
MTL
  1. Lundkvist, Nils
  2. Nemeth, Patrik
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
NYR
  1. Drouin, Jonathan (2 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Poehling, Ryan
Détails additionnels:
Rangers get a cheap rental winger thet could use a change of scenery and a really cheap bottom 6 forward who they can develop. They also move on from Nemeth’s bad contract in doing this. In exchange, they give up a young RHD who has fallen out of favour in the depth chart and a 2024 4th.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de DAL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ARI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $67 003 332 $1 132 500 $2 207 500 $16 496 668 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Wright, Shane
925 000 $925 000 $
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 975 000 $2 975 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
825 000 $825 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 juill. 2022 à 15 h 50
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
what has Dvorak done that his value is still a 1st? i said this then and ill say it now... hes not a #2 c hes a really really good 3c... He basically a younger Eller. since we already have Eller no need for him
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2022 à 16 h 20
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Quoting: Capitalfail67
what has Dvorak done that his value is still a 1st? i said this then and ill say it now... hes not a #2 c hes a really really good 3c... He basically a younger Eller. since we already have Eller no need for him

I think that if Montreal added #33, Washington would be interested. There's always the danger that Backstrom might NEVER come back, and the right time to buy Dvorak is when his value is at a low.
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2022 à 16 h 52
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that if Montreal added #33, Washington would be interested. There's always the danger that Backstrom might NEVER come back, and the right time to buy Dvorak is when his value is at a low.

imo Capitals replace Backstrom w Miller or Malkin. Backy was a 70-80 point guy for the majority of his career (last year he was injured and missed a ton of time) Dvorak isnt going to be able to provide those numbers ever. imo Dvorak is a skilled 3c and thats how he should be used.... McM currently slots in there so i dont see him as being a good fit unfortunately. ESP is Lappy isnt traded and we need to create a spot for him.
5 juill. 2022 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 297
Quoting: Capitalfail67
imo Capitals replace Backstrom w Miller or Malkin. Backy was a 70-80 point guy for the majority of his career (last year he was injured and missed a ton of time) Dvorak isnt going to be able to provide those numbers ever. imo Dvorak is a skilled 3c and thats how he should be used.... McM currently slots in there so i dont see him as being a good fit unfortunately. ESP is Lappy isnt traded and we need to create a spot for him.

I could see the Caps going for Dvorak as a budget option if they expect Backstrom to return next season. Giving out a huge deal to a UFA center would make fitting Backstrom back in (especially with important pieces like Orlov and Jensen needing new deals) difficult if not impossible. They could have Dvorak centering a shutdown 3rd line while McMichael centers a sheltered 2nd line, and whichever one does worse moves to wing when Backstrom returns. It's not an ideal scenario, but if they have to plan around Backstrom returning in 2023 their options are gonna be really limited. I like Dvorak better as an option than paying a huge price for Miller and using as a pure rental, for example.
5 juill. 2022 à 17 h 38
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Kalopsia
I could see the Caps going for Dvorak as a budget option if they expect Backstrom to return next season. Giving out a huge deal to a UFA center would make fitting Backstrom back in (especially with important pieces like Orlov and Jensen needing new deals) difficult if not impossible. They could have Dvorak centering a shutdown 3rd line while McMichael centers a sheltered 2nd line, and whichever one does worse moves to wing when Backstrom returns. It's not an ideal scenario, but if they have to plan around Backstrom returning in 2023 their options are gonna be really limited. I like Dvorak better as an option than paying a huge price for Miller and using as a pure rental, for example.

Main point being Dvorak is a 3c anything else would be asking him to do more than he is capable of doing

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage