Forums/Armchair-GM

Trading down and up

Créé par: Cardiak
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 4 juill. 2022
Publié: 4 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In my personal opinion juraj slafkovsky is better than wright and I think he will make more of an immediate impact. It’s basically 50/50 on who the habs will take with the first pick but I think they are going to take wright. I think if the devils were in the 1OA spot they would take slafkovsky with the first pick and I believe that is the guy they truly want based on the fact that if they took wright, they would have 3 centers taken with the first overall pick within the span of 5 years. Wright doesn’t fit the devils based on the fact he be the 3C for and one of their former top picks would have to play on the third line. I don’t see them wanting to do that so I believe they have slafkovsky as their top prospect. Devils had said that they would be open to trading 2 as well but I think it is because they don’t want to draft wright, not because he is a bad player, but because they already have their top two centers of the future. If NJ and Montreal make a deal it will have conditions that the devils take slafkovsky first and the habs get to get their guy wright at 2. Only reason the devils will make this trade is if they believe the habs r taking slafkovsky first and they really want to get him. Habs also receive assists to get their guy at 2 so it’s a win win in this hypothetical.

Many options at #7. Only players I see definitely off the board at 7 are wright, slafkovsky, Cooley, and nimec. If Jiricek is available I see the habs taking him but if not I see them taking their pick of the best player left which could be savoie, gauthier, or kemell

8.5 is left in cap for future moves that will need to be made like resigning caufield next summer and possible free agents too if they are working their way towards playoff contention. Long way to go till they reach that point again to be frank.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
54 000 000 $
23 500 000 $
55 000 000 $
42 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3925 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Zacha, Pavel [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
Conditions: devils draft slafkovsky first overall
NJD
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Tbh I do not know the overall value difference between first and second but I believe that a solid defensive forward like Zacha who is able to play a solid third line role is that difference. Of course both teams get the guy they want and the insurance for both to get that guy will cost the devils zacha or some picks honestly I don’t know
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
ARI
  1. Petry, Jeff
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
I have been seeing petry being traded for 1st round picks. Only way I see him being traded for a first round pick inside the top 20 is if he is heavily retained on. AZ is a good suitor for petry but it would have to be for the 27th or 32nd pick and Montreal would have to throw in Edmontons 2nd to get the deal to go through without any retention. Hard to say if AZ would even take that but assuming chychrun is gone I see them making this deal and I’m going to be generous and give them the 27th pick.
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (OTT)
Détails additionnels:
23 mil in cap this offseason. They are shopping the pick. This could be their best offer for the pick itself and if need be the habs could retain on drouin
OTT
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Drouin, Jonathan
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
Détails additionnels:
Drouin was not bad when he was playing. He put up 20 points in 34 games which is roughly .6 PPG on an awful canadiens team which ranks fourth on the team for players behind suzuki, caufield, and toffoli and tied with Dvorak. Montreal gets rid of their whipping boy and gets a solid return. They also lose Anderson in this deal which isn’t nearly as bad as habs fans make it out to be because he put up less than .5 PPG in a top 6 role. Get rid of short term cap in drouin who is a better performer and will likely resign for less money and get rid of a bounce back candidate in Anderson and in return they get the 7th OA pick while losing the 27th. Ottawa is able to get a solid piece for the future in Anderson and they get drouin in this deal as well who could be a pleasant surprise. Maybe he finally finds a home in Ottawa.
MTL
ANA
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Send him to space. Include whatever picks are needed to get his 3.4x3 off the habs books. Likely buyout candidate if he preforms poorly again.
MTL
  1. Deangelo, Anthony [Droits de RFA]
  2. Necas, Martin [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CHI)
Détails additionnels:
Canes give up deangelo, get mallioux. Only just and will piss off both fan bases. One gets a racist, the other gets a predator. Only missing Mitchell miller and you will have created the unholy Trinity. Only reason why mallioux is in the trade is because the canes may be one of the few organizations to take a chance on him and the habs may be one of the only organizations willing to take a chance on deangelo. Angry canes fans come at me, angry habs fans come at me.
CAR
  1. Gallagher, Brendan (1 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Mailloux, Logan [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
As a canes fan I am trying to make something that is as fair as possible and I will try and be realistic with my values of habs players. Very few players the canes will want back in a necas trade from the habs and that includes Gallagher, Suzuki, caufield, Romanov, guhle, and mallioux (I only say that cuz they took on deangelo, may not accept mallioux but if any team accepts him in a trade it’s the canes). Gallagher is likely the only player Montreal parts with even though it is tough for them, the upside is there in both players. Late first is included for the canes and they give up their early third in a pick swap. Both fan bases will be mad about this because habs don’t want to give up Gallagher and the canes don’t want to get mallioux in exchange for their good players. Gallagher is sandpaper and rod likes that and the fact that Montreal is retaining is what seals the deal for carolina. Please roast me in the comments for this trade. I deserve it for thinking up this concoction.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de OTT
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $68 839 999 $1 132 500 $1 990 000 $13 660 001 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Wright, Shane
925 000 $925 000 $
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 15
Glep
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 911
@theraphman, please leave your thoughts and any constructive criticism
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 20
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
That’s not something ottawa would do
zizougaffar et TheBoyDuddus a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 20
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,403
I can’t see the Canes even remotely thinking about trading Necas for Gallagher. Love Gallagher, but unless MTL is retaining half and giving up that first, I can’t see the Canes doing that.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 21
NoWah49
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
i don't think Slaf is that much better than Wright that it would justify taking the W over the C. Don't overthink it, just take Wright
Tintin a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Glep
Quoting: NoWah49
i don't think Slaf is that much better than Wright that it would justify taking the W over the C. Don't overthink it, just take Wright

I mean the point is that New Jersey would take slaf over wright. It makes much more sense for them to take slaf over wright
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 28
NoWah49
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Quoting: Hurricanes73
I mean the point is that New Jersey would take slaf over wright. It makes much more sense for them to take slaf over wright

no I agree. I just mean in general, not referencing moving down. MTL should just take Wright
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Glep
Quoting: evelutions2
I can’t see the Canes even remotely thinking about trading Necas for Gallagher. Love Gallagher, but unless MTL is retaining half and giving up that first, I can’t see the Canes doing that.

In my mock teams I like to leave a decent amount of cap for something like this. The habs have the cap to retain half so it’s always possible. Canes also move back into the first round and get a “top prospect” 😬😬😬. Tbh I think it’s possible for that move to happen, maybe include mysak too but tbh I don’t know the habs too well
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Glep
Quoting: NoWah49
no I agree. I just mean in general, not referencing moving down. MTL should just take Wright

For sure. I think if they can get assets out of it tho they should capitalize. I prefer juraj but I know wright is most likely the best pick at #1 based on the fact he had a down year and slaf had a phenomenal draft year. I think slaf is more nhl ready but I know wright is who the habs should draft based on their needs
NoWah49 a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 63
theraphman, please leave your thoughts and any constructive criticism

I mean most of these look fair, but I think the habs get more for Petry than that.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,237
Slaf is not better than Wright, go look at his stats in the WC he had 0 points against the tougher competition Germany, Canada and Finland. All his points came against non traditional hockey countries. I say if the Devils want to waste a top 2 pick on him they can take him, the Habs should go with Wright or Cooley.

"Juraj Slafkovsky has 9 points in 8 games at the World Championship. Impressive? Here's the breakdown:

2A vs FRA
0 vs GER
0 vs CAN
1B vs SUI
1B+1A vs KAZ
2A vs ITA
1B+1A vs DEN
0 vs FIN

9 points vs FRA/SUI/KAZ/ITA/DEN
0 points vs GER/CAN/FIN

This guy reminds me of Benoit Pouliot, someone we should absolutely stay away from and stick to the better players.
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,932
We're not giving up assets
We'll just take Wright @2, it would be horrible
4 juill. 2022 à 21 h 56
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,582
Ottawa declines.
TheBoyDuddus a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 22 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Quoting: csick
That’s not something ottawa would do

Anderson and Savard for 7 ? Dorion said he wants RW and RD.
4 juill. 2022 à 22 h 50
Hotsam Batcho
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 74
Quoting: LIRIK

Those aren't the RW or RD the Sens would give up the pick for
TheBoyDuddus et csick a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 23 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Glep
Quoting: Campabee
Slaf is not better than Wright, go look at his stats in the WC he had 0 points against the tougher competition Germany, Canada and Finland. All his points came against non traditional hockey countries. I say if the Devils want to waste a top 2 pick on him they can take him, the Habs should go with Wright or Cooley.

"Juraj Slafkovsky has 9 points in 8 games at the World Championship. Impressive? Here's the breakdown:

2A vs FRA
0 vs GER
0 vs CAN
1B vs SUI
1B+1A vs KAZ
2A vs ITA
1B+1A vs DEN
0 vs FIN

9 points vs FRA/SUI/KAZ/ITA/DEN
0 points vs GER/CAN/FIN

This guy reminds me of Benoit Pouliot, someone we should absolutely stay away from and stick to the better players.

Juraj Slafkovsky stats in the Olympics, a tournament with the best hockey players in the world who are not currently in the NHL.
7 goals in 7 games
2 goals against Finland
1 goal against Sweden
1 goal against the USA
1 goal against Latvia
Another 2 against Sweden in the bronze medal game

All of those teams have talent minus Latvia. He scored twice against Finland who won the gold. Not to mention Olympic MVP. This year the WC was more competitive based on the fact that some NHLers were there but if you look at what he did in the Olympics it’s hard to pass up. He’s playing against men. Also hard not to mention that wright didn’t even play in the world championship. He did play in the u20 championship thought but don’t you find it questionable that wright didn’t make a team with Eric Odell and Noah Gregor as forwards. There is no excuse for wright to have not made that roster. I will be honest and say there could be a rule I don’t know of where a player can’t play for the u20 team and the mens team but I did research and I could not find a rule like that. If there is please tell me but there is nothing I have found. Even if there is a rule I am shocked that wright stayed on the junior team when his counterpart played against men and preformed, if you don’t think he did, he still put up points against men. There are things you are picking apart from slafkovskys game while I could easily pick apart aspects to wrights games myself. While I think wright should be the first pick I think he should be the first pick of the habs r picking first. If the devils r first it should be juraj slafkovsky. It’s based on need. Both prospects I see as very even but on NHL readiness I have slaf by a mile and a more well rounded prospect I have wright. Slaf has a higher ceiling. Wright is a better leader. If we are being honest the only persons fault there is even a debate on who goes 1 is wright. He underperformed which feels blasphemous to say considering he was nearly 1.5PPG in the OHL. He let slafkovsky build a case to be first by not preforming like he should be. He showed he may not be NHL ready. Both players could easily be busts but believe or not I view slaf as the safer option because he can evolve into a better player based on his size. Take pulju for example. Similar size and was originally viewed as a bust. Went back to Finland and refined his defensive game and now he is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. Wright doesn’t have the intangibles slaf has and therefore has a higher chance of being a bust. No matter who takes him should let him sit in the OHL for half a season and then move him to the AHL if he is preforming well and then maybe at the end of the season bring him to the league. Slafkovsky on the other hand is probably playing 82 games his rookie season. As I said before, wright should be the first pick but slafkovsky is the better player
5 juill. 2022 à 0 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 983
Quoting: LIRIK

Looking for top end talent. Savard and Anderson are nowhere near that.

Throwing two medicore at best pieces together doesnt get you a premium asset like 7th overall. Thats like Ottawa offering Brown and Brannstrom for 1st overall.
5 juill. 2022 à 8 h 28
Modifié 5 juill. 2022 à 8 h 35
Juraj Slafkovsky stats in the Olympics, a tournament with the best hockey players in the world who are not currently in the NHL.
7 goals in 7 games
2 goals against Finland
1 goal against Sweden
1 goal against the USA
1 goal against Latvia
Another 2 against Sweden in the bronze medal game

All of those teams have talent minus Latvia. He scored twice against Finland who won the gold. Not to mention Olympic MVP. This year the WC was more competitive based on the fact that some NHLers were there but if you look at what he did in the Olympics it’s hard to pass up. He’s playing against men. Also hard not to mention that wright didn’t even play in the world championship. He did play in the u20 championship thought but don’t you find it questionable that wright didn’t make a team with Eric Odell and Noah Gregor as forwards. There is no excuse for wright to have not made that roster. I will be honest and say there could be a rule I don’t know of where a player can’t play for the u20 team and the mens team but I did research and I could not find a rule like that. If there is please tell me but there is nothing I have found. Even if there is a rule I am shocked that wright stayed on the junior team when his counterpart played against men and preformed, if you don’t think he did, he still put up points against men. There are things you are picking apart from slafkovskys game while I could easily pick apart aspects to wrights games myself. While I think wright should be the first pick I think he should be the first pick of the habs r picking first. If the devils r first it should be juraj slafkovsky. It’s based on need. Both prospects I see as very even but on NHL readiness I have slaf by a mile and a more well rounded prospect I have wright. Slaf has a higher ceiling. Wright is a better leader. If we are being honest the only persons fault there is even a debate on who goes 1 is wright. He underperformed which feels blasphemous to say considering he was nearly 1.5PPG in the OHL. He let slafkovsky build a case to be first by not preforming like he should be. He showed he may not be NHL ready. Both players could easily be busts but believe or not I view slaf as the safer option because he can evolve into a better player based on his size. Take pulju for example. Similar size and was originally viewed as a bust. Went back to Finland and refined his defensive game and now he is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. Wright doesn’t have the intangibles slaf has and therefore has a higher chance of being a bust. No matter who takes him should let him sit in the OHL for half a season and then move him to the AHL if he is preforming well and then maybe at the end of the season bring him to the league. Slafkovsky on the other hand is probably playing 82 games his rookie season. As I said before, wright should be the first pick but slafkovsky is the better player

The Olympics this year were a joke, not many actual NHL players were on the rosters. It was a weak competition compared to the WC. I mean Eric Staal was the biggest name on the Canadian roster and he is 38 now. Like I said, he only thrives against weaker opposition.

Edit** The world cup was happening while the Fronts were in the playoffs, so he stayed with his JR team to help with their quest for a championship. The Front's were eliminated the 14th of May which was after the tournament started (WC ran from May 13-26) but the point is he was with his team trying to make a deep playoff run.
5 juill. 2022 à 8 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Don’t really want Gallagher at his contract.
5 juill. 2022 à 13 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Glep
The Olympics this year were a joke, not many actual NHL players were on the rosters. It was a weak competition compared to the WC. I mean Eric Staal was the biggest name on the Canadian roster and he is 38 now. Like I said, he only thrives against weaker opposition.

Edit** The world cup was happening while the Fronts were in the playoffs, so he stayed with his JR team to help with their quest for a championship. The Front's were eliminated the 14th of May which was after the tournament started (WC ran from May 13-26) but the point is he was with his team trying to make a deep playoff run.

Ah I see you. Good reason that he didn’t play in the WC. Although the Olympics were a joke, he still put up against men. The best of leagues all around the world, SHL, LIIGA, KHL. Plenty of quality players. Not the quality of the WC but still very good quality players. As I said, if devils were first they should be picking slafkovsky and if the habs r first they should take wright. Based on need that is what those two respective teams should take
5 juill. 2022 à 13 h 42
Ah I see you. Good reason that he didn’t play in the WC. Although the Olympics were a joke, he still put up against men. The best of leagues all around the world, SHL, LIIGA, KHL. Plenty of quality players. Not the quality of the WC but still very good quality players. As I said, if devils were first they should be picking slafkovsky and if the habs r first they should take wright. Based on need that is what those two respective teams should take

I fully expect you are right and that is the way the draft will go 1. Wright 2. Slafkovsky 3. Cooley. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Francis goes off the board and takes Gauthier at 4 to compliment his center depth of Wennberg and Beniers.
5 juill. 2022 à 16 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Glep
I fully expect you are right and that is the way the draft will go 1. Wright 2. Slafkovsky 3. Cooley. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Francis goes off the board and takes Gauthier at 4 to compliment his center depth of Wennberg and Beniers.

Tbh I think it will go wright slafkovsky cooley and at four Francis takes best player available which is probably nimec being him as the top d man in the class but I wouldn’t be surprised if they go off the board to get their guy, they did it with aho at 35 and that worked out but not too many other examples of Francis going off the board and getting their guy. Tbh their center depth is not it and being where they are I fully expect them to just go best player available at every pick because they need every position. Ideally Francis trades down to a team with multiple first round picks and gets 2 mid first rounders plus a second for 4th OA. The drop off after Cooley is kinda hard and every prospect from like 4-9 could be in any order and from 10-22 it’s kinda the same. Tbh I would like to see them trade with buffalo for 9 and 16 but the only way I see the sabres doing that is if cooley falls to 4 and by then Seattle should keep the pick. A trade with buffalo would be ideal for Seattle tho because they can get two guys to help their future instead of one
Campabee a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage