Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft before picks get traded

Mock Draft before picks get traded

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 3 juill. 2022 à 20 h 59
Description
My Final Rankings: https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/221895

I don't get too in-depth with my explanations as I'm currently making another mock and will release it on draft day.

Any questions on a pick? Comment and I'll give a more in-depth analysis on the pick.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-The choice is easy here, its clearly Wright.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-This might be a head scratcher here, but I believe that Nemec is a safer pick here. Slafkovsky's weak skating ability and underwhelming defensive effort could make him slip out of the top 5. With Subban likely gone and Severson potentially leaving after next season, there's multiple holes to be filled.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-I love the potential of Arizona's forward prospects such as Smith, Hayton, McBain, Doan, Guenther, and Maccelli. Outside Moser and Soderstrom, there isn't much top-end talent on defense. I don't think the Coyotes will select Cooley here, instead they grab Jiricek.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Cooley doesn't fall any further than here. A 1-2 punch of Cooley and Beniers would be fantasy-like in the near future.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-This is where Slafkovsky goes. He's a solid power forward with solid size, a lethal shot, and improved playmaking. Again, his skating ability is very lackluster and it is heavily affecting the defensive parts of his game.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoSavoie plays the type of game the Blue Jackets look for: high-end skill and fast. One of the fastest skaters in the draft, Savoie's goal-scoring ability blends well with Johnson's playmaking.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Reportedly the Senators want right-shot defenders and right-wingers. Kemell plays the game that the Senators are missing: a pure goal-scorer.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Off-the-board here, but this seems like a player that Yzerman would take. Kasper is ranked at 24th on my board, but the Red Wings need a complete center and they have done well developing SHL players.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The Sabres need a physical winger, Gauthier should be enough to push them over the edge.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Some may say this is too high, and I get it. But the Ducks are currently lacking power forwards in their top 6. Yurov is that type of player.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The Sharks future d-core is looking bad, like really bad. They must draft best defender available, and that is Mateychuk.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-After grabbing a forward with the 6th pick, Columbus continues their trend of drafting Russians. Mintyukov is a solid two-way defender and a fluid skater.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-Islanders missed the playoffs this year because of their lack of goals, Lekkerimaki is an undersized goal-scorer who can help them out in the near future.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Now under the leadership of Rick Bowness, I think the Jets should grab a player that is solid in all three zones. While Lambert is a solid option here, I love the upside of Nazar more. Its a shock to see him fall this far, I have him at 8th on my board.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Based off my rankings, this is a slip for McGroarty. Vancouver must go best forward available with this pick, McGroarty is a steal here as I have him at 11th on my draft board.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasOff-the-board pick here, Chelsey is 27th on my draft board. But he's the best defensive defenseman in the draft, and with the Sabres lacking right-shot defenders, Chelsey is the best available.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Predators need skilled two-way defenders in their system, and Nelson could provide just that.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-I could see Howard going a lot higher here, but with the emergence of several players, he drops here. He's an elite playmaker and will help the thin depth on LW for Dallas.
19Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Kings de Los AngelesA big reach here, but the Wild might lose Dumba and Brodin. Multiple holes must be filled, and Luneau was in my top 10 at the beginning of the season. If Luneau gets back to that form, this could wind up being a steal.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-Lambert has fallen far enough. The Capitals need youth in their forward core that is currently aging.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Every year in the first round, there's always a high-risk pick. This is that pick. Robertson is one of the best overaged players ever to enter the draft, but the Penguins should consider taking this route. Crosby isn't getting much younger and the future of Malkin is unknown. Robertson is currently NHL-ready, there are no visible flaws in his game.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonI could see Korchinski going much higher than this, but with most teams addressing a team need, he falls here. A lot of Ducks fans have Korchinski being taken at 10th, so funny enough that he falls here.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
Christian Kyrou
A surprise pick here, but why not reunite the two Kyrou brothers? Behind Parayko, the Blues are weak on the right-side of their defensive core. Kyrou could be a solid middle-pairing guy here.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-The Wild need depth on right wing, Dumais is the best right winger available based off my rankings. His end of the season was dominant, I mean dominant. He currently leads all first-year draft eligible players in points.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Toronto must draft defenseman if they want to make it past the first round. Hutson will take time to develop because of his weak frame, but he checks all the boxes to be a solid top 4 defender in the NHL.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryThe Canadiens need right-shot defenders more than they need centers. Casey was a former top 10 selection at the beginning of the season, if he could get back to that form, this will be a steal.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThe coolest name in the draft addresses a need for the Coyotes. Even though I did say that the Coyotes forward core is full of solid talent, they need a forward who they could get excited over. Firkus makes all the flashy plays look easy.
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideBased off my draft board, this is way off-the-board. But Persson is a fast skater, I mean VERY fast. The Sabres also need left wingers and even though they addressed that with Gauthier, Persson is just enough to push them over the edge.
29Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-There are a lot of questions regarding Bichsel's offensive potential, but the Oilers have two young offensive defenseman in Broberg and Bouchard so they don't need to worry much about that. Bichsel's defensive-minded game could work well with those two.
30Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkBiggest steal of the draft. Geekie is the biggest boom-or-bust player in the draft, with his poor skating and balance. With the futures of Schiefele and Dubois in question, the Jets must stock up on forwards.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-The Lightning don't really have a team need, so they just grab the BPA.
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoThe Coyotes continue to stock up on defensive prospects.
3 juill. 2022 à 22 h 29
True Reverse Retro
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,037
If Dallas goes Forward at 18, Howard is at the top of my list (assuming nobody insane drops)
3 juill. 2022 à 23 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Nice to see something a little different. Great work! I could absolutely see NJ taking one of Jiricek or Nemec.
4 juill. 2022 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 244
curious to why you think the wild are trading brodin? he's signed for 6 more years at 6 million. I can see dumba either traded or walks in free agency in a year but brodins not going anywhere

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage