Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 juill. 2022 à 17 h 27
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: justaBoss

Brisebois saying this kinda has a point. McDonagh's performance at least right now is enough to warrant at least close to the amount he's earning now, but circumstance forced them to move on from McDonagh.

NSH saves themselves from offering such contract to a pylon like Chiarot and get themselves some actual quality with pretty much no cost. I can't see how this is a L for them either.

No way the car salesman is saying the car runs smoothly???
Rangsey et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2022 à 17 h 33
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: MelonVK
No way the car salesman is saying the car runs smoothly???

grin
5 juill. 2022 à 20 h 40
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
To whom it may concern.

This is the end of an era.
No more former Rangers are on the Lightning.
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Saskleaf, NoVaSpartan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 juill. 2022 à 20 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,728
Quoting: CoopsTroops
To whom it may concern.

This is the end of an era.
No more former Rangers are on the Lightning.

Well until Tyler Motte or Justin Braun sign in Tampa that is
jpsnow13 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2022 à 15 h 9
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Mixed feelings. On the one hand, McDonagh's been really good for a long time and is a great veteran leader. On the other, he's coming off a really rough playoffs (with a couple of brutal mistakes against the Avs), is getting older, has a cap hit of $6.75 million for 4 more years each, and given that they needed to re-sign Paul+Palat (and possibly Rutta) plus extend Sergachev+Cernak, this was pretty necessary. So I'm glad JBB was able to get it done without giving anything away other then McDonagh, and acquiring Mismash (what a terrible last name) besides. Now buyout Myers (don't know if they will though), and suddenly you have almost $7 million in cap space. Not bad.
On the other side, NSH now has Josi, Ekholm, and McDonagh down the left side at the blue line. That's just scary. McDongah may not be worth $6.75 million anymore, but he's a great veteran leader, and NSH gave up relative little. I'd vote fair deal. Good job by both GM's (but NSH stands a lot more to lose than the Lightning if McDonagh continues declining).
6 juill. 2022 à 19 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 541
This is either a good trade for both teams or a bad trade for both teams, depending on what you think their priorities should be.

Considering McDonagh’s age (just turned 33), the number of years left on his contract (4), and his cap hit ($6.75M), it’s a good move for Tampa Bay to trade him before his contract becomes a liability and they have to give up assets to get somebody to take him. In fact, you could argue that he’s already not providing full value for his cap hit, because his offensive production has dropped to the point where he’s no longer the 2-way threat he was when he signed the contract. That’s probably why they didn’t get much back for him. However, if my goal was to win a third Stanley Cup in four years, and I had to figure out who I could get rid of to clear cap space with the least amount of impact on my chances to win another cup this year, he wouldn’t be near the top of my list. Sergachev and Foote could move up in the depth chart, and perhaps Rutta stays and their championship culture can revive Myers’s career, but when I think of who most embodies the shutdown philosophy that the Lightning successfully employ in the playoffs, especially in series clinching games, it’s Ryan McDonagh.

From Nashville’s perspective, McDonagh certainly makes them a better team now. Their defence was already pretty strong, and adding McDonagh could make it comparable to, albeit older than, what Tampa Bay has had in recent years. Another motive might be to make Filip Forsberg want to stay by showing he’ll be coming back to a better team. It looks like they can absorb McDonagh’s cap hit while still leaving enough to pay Forsberg without having to make other moves. But is this enough to immediately vault them back into the league’s elite after finishing fourth in their division each of the last three seasons? If not, where will they be in a couple of years? McDonagh becomes their oldest player, and although they don’t seem to have cap issues now, in a couple of years they may wish they had that $6.75M available to use on somebody younger.

In summary, I’m leaning toward bad trade for both, especially if Forsberg and Palat both still end up leaving. (I assume Palat is the guy that Tampa is trying to free up cap space for.)
7 juill. 2022 à 0 h 18
Miss YA Killer
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,411
Quoting: Pond_Duck
Bold prediction:
Grant Mishmash will end up being the best player in this trade when we look back on it.

please lord make this true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pond_Duck a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 8 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,274
Quoting: jpsnow13
You are right, if Palat wanna play the UFA market game. I would find that surprising though. Would would wanna leave TB right now?

Driving your boat to the arena, living in a vibrant area like Ybor City, paying no income tax, perfect weather, fantastic owner and a contender. He'll stay!
11 sept. 2022 à 19 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 2,421
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Fake news...

Myers will be bought out. %100.

Trying to save face on day 1 of the trade announcement, once the GM see's the fans and media are positive on the buyout, Tbay will know it's the right move.

This eged real bad
11 sept. 2022 à 20 h 17
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,197
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
This eged real bad

Really, I think Myers was only given a contract extension to make him seem like a better pickup on waivers.
11 sept. 2022 à 23 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 2,421
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Really, I think Myers was only given a contract extension to make him seem like a better pickup on waivers.

No TB management thinks they can fix this kid
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage