Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Offseason July 2nd Rumours

Créé par: Jukesy
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 2 juill. 2022
Publié: 2 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Letang: Rumours are they are closer on AAV in the last few days, it's expected he wants a 5yr deal and PIT wants 3yr, so I figured 4 years makes sense. Last I heard he was asking around 8 and PIT was wanting around 7. I figured they'd meet somewhere around 7.7

Geno: With the Money saved on Letang I think it would incline PIT to spend a little more to get geno back, instead of the 6.5ish mil that they are offering I could see them ponying up an extra 500k to get the deal done.

Rakell: Originally I figured a 4.5-5.0 mil deal for Rak made sense, but after really looking at this stats I think 4.0-4.5 is more warranted. I think Rak wants to be here if Pens are willing to have him. I think 4.2 gets it done.

Desmith: Latest rumours say that the Pens and desmith are close on a deal, I think the same AAV at 2 years makes sense for both sides. I dont think Desmith showed enough to warrant a pay raise (despite the strong finish to the season) but I also dont think he's worth a paycut. He's perfect for that price tag, and I think PIT sees it that way too.

Zucker: I think Pit keeps him unless they DESPERATELY need the salary. We'll see. I think they only dish him if its neccesary, I think Hextall loves him despite his price tag.

Kapanen: I think this one is more of a hot take. But heres what people dont understand about the Kap situation. It's not just as easy as giving him a 1yr 1.5million dollar prove it deal. And PIT cant just qualify him. Because most of his money on his last contract was paid in bonuses, his QO would only net him a 1x850k deal. He'd reject that in an instant and opt for player-opted arbitration. Now at arbitration he is set to make at LEAST 85% of his previous AAV, which leaves him making a minimum of 2.7mil per. As well, Pittsburgh only gets walk away rights if the arbitrator awards Kap anything OVER 4.5mil. Which wont happen. Basically what it means is. If you try to qualify Kap. He will immediately decline and you'll be stuck with him for somewhere between 1x2.7 and 1x4.5. My thought process is, if they dont trade him, they offer him a 2x2.2, they say to him hey, we'll give you 500k less than your 2.7 minimum, but we'll grant you an extra year of job security. I think thats a fair deal for both sides.

Now for the trades.

Pettersson: I personally would move Dumo, but all rumours point to Pettersson being the one Hextall wants to move. I keep seeing him mocked for a 3rd to Detroit so thats basically what I did. Doesn't have to be them, just get max value you can in picks for Pettersson.

McGinn/Debrusk: This is the HOT take trade. I think despite the extension, all rumours still point to Boston still wanting to dish him. He had such a hot end to the year I think his value is high rn so boston will wanna capitalize. I see his value being somewhere around a 2nd and 3rd ish, but I dont think boston will wanna do that. I think they want a first. So in this trade they get the first they want, and a decent 3rd line player, but they will have to move a few mid round picks back to square up the value. Thoughts on this? Maybe im off. Boston fans what do you think?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
2850 000 $
31 000 000 $
22 200 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
47 700 000 $
37 000 000 $
44 200 000 $
21 250 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
BOS
  1. McGinn, Brock
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Note: It's a 2023 First not this years 2022 first (#21 Overall)
PIT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (DET)
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (DET)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de CGY
Logo de DET
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de DET
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de BOS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $80 080 000 $0 $0 $2 420 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
4 200 000 $4 200 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 700 000 $7 700 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 30
spoiled penguins fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,487
Boston declines
Jukesy a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 32
Mentions "j'aime": 1,090
I think a lot of the problems with Debrusk were with Cassidy, but now that he’s gone idk if there are still problems. I could see debrusk being a target but I wouldn’t move a first for him. I would maybe offer a 2nd, a 3rd and McGinn. I would also want to give him a look on Crosby’s line and try a guentzel-Malkin-rust line - just to try it and shake things up, could always go back if it doesn’t work.

Overall this is very well thought out and I agree with basically everything else. If the Debrusk thing doesn’t work out, I could see Marchment or Vatrano being options in UFA
Jukesy et BURGHgirl a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 71
Quoting: Pensman69
Boston declines

How much more value wise do you think they'd want. I saw multiple people do a 2nd and 3rd for him. I've seen a few people overpay and do like a first and a high end prospect. What more would you add from a Pens perspective.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 35
spoiled penguins fan
Mentions "j'aime": 1,487
Quoting: Jukesy
How much more value wise do you think they'd want. I saw multiple people do a 2nd and 3rd for him. I've seen a few people overpay and do like a first and a high end prospect. What more would you add from a Pens perspective.

More so about McGinn and the picks comjng back. Take their picks coming back to us out and McGinn and maybe throw in Hallander. 1st + Hallander + late pick could probably get a deal done. But I don’t think DeBrusk is going anywhere it seems like over time his trade request has slowly diminished away
Jukesy a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hullsy09
I think a lot of the problems with Debrusk were with Cassidy, but now that he’s gone idk if there are still problems. I could see debrusk being a target but I wouldn’t move a first for him. I would maybe offer a 2nd, a 3rd and McGinn. I would also want to give him a look on Crosby’s line and try a guentzel-Malkin-rust line - just to try it and shake things up, could always go back if it doesn’t work.

Overall this is very well thought out and I agree with basically everything else. If the Debrusk thing doesn’t work out, I could see Marchment or Vatrano being options in UFA

I just looked at the LW UFA market and thought BLAH. Everyone was either going to be overpaid middle 6 wingers who you are hoping can play at a top 6 level, or legit top 6 guys commanding 5mil or higher. Which PIT really cant afford. So i started looking at either middle 6 forwards at a good price, or top 6 LWs that are on the block and Debrusk seemed like a good fit. I think your right, cassidy being gone really changes the landscape for Debrusk, but as far as the latest rumours are concerned he's still OTB.

There is a few people that you could target for 2nd line LW.

Pony up in FA for Burakovsky, Palat, Nichuskin, Neidereiter, etc

Risk it in FA on a middle 6 guy like Mikheyev, Domi, Marchment, etc

Resign a guy like EROD or Heinen for the top 6

Go after high value guys in a trade like JT Miller, or Necas

or go after mid value wingers in trade like Debrusk, or Kubalik. I prefer the last option.
Hullsy09, BURGHgirl et Pensman69 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 41
I just looked at the LW UFA market and thought BLAH. Everyone was either going to be overpaid middle 6 wingers who you are hoping can play at a top 6 level, or legit top 6 guys commanding 5mil or higher. Which PIT really cant afford. So i started looking at either middle 6 forwards at a good price, or top 6 LWs that are on the block and Debrusk seemed like a good fit. I think your right, cassidy being gone really changes the landscape for Debrusk, but as far as the latest rumours are concerned he's still OTB.

There is a few people that you could target for 2nd line LW.

Pony up in FA for Burakovsky, Palat, Nichuskin, Neidereiter, etc

Risk it in FA on a middle 6 guy like Mikheyev, Domi, Marchment, etc

Resign a guy like EROD or Heinen for the top 6

Go after high value guys in a trade like JT Miller, or Necas

or go after mid value wingers in trade like Debrusk, or Kubalik. I prefer the last option.

How about Dylan Strome? He could play the wing, or play Center whenever carter/Malkin get too old
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Pensman69
More so about McGinn and the picks comjng back. Take their picks coming back to us out and McGinn and maybe throw in Hallander. 1st + Hallander + late pick could probably get a deal done. But I don’t think DeBrusk is going anywhere it seems like over time his trade request has slowly diminished away

So I see McGinn and a 1st straight up for Debrusk as an overpayment, and I also think although Boston is entering a retool, I dont think they wanna be giving up Roster players for prospects just yet. I think at least McGinn gives them a roster player that is useful to them and could fill in on their left side. Plus they get the first they liekly want for debrusk. A first if your Pittsburgh you are hoping is a very late one.

I think you could take out one of the picks boston is sending and it would be decent value still for pit but if you take out both picks I dont think its a fair deal. Debrusk is solid but he's not a roster player plus a 1st solid.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hullsy09
How about Dylan Strome? He could play the wing, or play Center whenever carter/Malkin get too old

I think he's a great option tbh. I would love them to snag him and try him with G and like you said once Geno retires you could transition him to Center again. He'd be right there with Kubalik, and Debrusk as options I'd wanna target. Middle 6 guys who are still young and have flexibility in their spots. Thats an ideal target.
BURGHgirl et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 50
I think he's a great option tbh. I would love them to snag him and try him with G and like you said once Geno retires you could transition him to Center again. He'd be right there with Kubalik, and Debrusk as options I'd wanna target. Middle 6 guys who are still young and have flexibility in their spots. Thats an ideal target.

I think that’s where you plug in Kapanen, or zucker. Strome and G both Hugh skill guys but neither of them have great foot speed
BURGHgirl a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 23 h 50
I play. You?
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 274
So I see McGinn and a 1st straight up for Debrusk as an overpayment, and I also think although Boston is entering a retool, I dont think they wanna be giving up Roster players for prospects just yet. I think at least McGinn gives them a roster player that is useful to them and could fill in on their left side. Plus they get the first they liekly want for debrusk. A first if your Pittsburgh you are hoping is a very late one.

I think you could take out one of the picks boston is sending and it would be decent value still for pit but if you take out both picks I dont think its a fair deal. Debrusk is solid but he's not a roster player plus a 1st solid.

You are my Pens offseason soulmate ❤
Jukesy a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 0 h 5
I play. You?

I think the key with G is finding the guy who excels at zone entry. Geno has always been a turnover machine, but he doesn't have the lateral stability in his knee to manage edge work as well. If he moved to the wing to get the long pass I think he would be set up better than trying to enter the slot.
3 juill. 2022 à 0 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BURGHgirl
You are my Pens offseason soulmate ❤

I'm always posting pens stuff lol. You can probably go check my other roster builds lol, although my opinion has changed lots of late
BURGHgirl a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 1 h 11
I play. You?
I'm always posting pens stuff lol. You can probably go check my other roster builds lol, although my opinion has changed lots of late

I definitely will. I'll try my hand at eventually
Jukesy a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 5 h 30
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Detroit offers a 3rd for Pettersson.
Jukesy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option