Forums/Armchair-GM

Why Bowness

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2022-23 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 1 juill. 2022
Publié: 1 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Waittttt what????? Of all the options…BOWNESS??? Can someone tell me something I’m missing???
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
16 500 000 $
21 300 000 $
21 300 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1950 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de ARI
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $63 867 024 $0 $2 262 500 $18 632 976 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
950 000 $950 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
800 000 $800 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 juill. 2022 à 13 h 59
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,230
Unfinished business from 88/89?
Wpgman, MisstheWhalers et arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 475
As a Stars fan I’m so sorry for you guys!
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 9
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,308
And here I was hoping the Jets were gonna try and poach Gurianov from Dallas this off-season.. 🙄.. lol 😂

What a lame hire.
arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 9
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 325
What
Quoting: nintendofan721
As a Stars fan I’m so sorry for you guys!

What made him a bad coach?
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 9
Mentions "j'aime": 80
I’m guessing he’s gonna be a figurehead for why they failed next year so they can try Trotz again
arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Quoting: Jets93
I’m guessing he’s gonna be a figurehead for why they failed next year so they can try Trotz again

Or maybe a stopgap coach before giving arniel the reigns?
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 12
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Quoting: bnormie46
What

What made him a bad coach?

People are acting like this is a tragic hiring. The guys a strong structured coach. He’s what the team needs, they couldn’t play defense to save their own life.

No wonder people don’t want to play/coach in Winnipeg when the majority of the fanbase either thinks the team is winning the cup or they’re a dumpster fire. It’s one or the other for most people. They can’t seem to find a bit of patience and see how things unfold.

I’m saving my judgement for after this season coming up. Also did people really think Tocchet was a much better option? It’s not like he’s had a shiny glamorous coaching career either.
Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 17
Mentions "j'aime": 945
you either get your first choice, or fall back to a retread.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 20
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: tsyls
People are acting like this is a tragic hiring. The guys a strong structured coach. He’s what the team needs, they couldn’t play defense to save their own life.

No wonder people don’t want to play/coach in Winnipeg when the majority of the fanbase either thinks the team is winning the cup or they’re a dumpster fire. It’s one or the other for most people. They can’t seem to find a bit of patience and see how things unfold.

I’m saving my judgement for after this season coming up. Also did people really think Tocchet was a much better option? It’s not like he’s had a shiny glamorous coaching career either.

Well to use the same argument you used in the other thread about the Bowness hire its not like Tocchet had a ton of talent to work with in Arizona.. lol

I was just really hoping they'd go outside the box just a little, this isn't outside the box imo.
tsyls et arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 21
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Jets93

Quoting: arafay
Or maybe a stopgap coach before giving arniel the reigns?

Honestly it could be either.
arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 26
Bandwagon fairweathe

Imo the only way the jets win, is come to realization that they are tb rays/Oakland A’s of the nhl, got to shelve the loyalty contracts, need to draft and develop, have to find gems in throw aways, and the lowest levels of pro hockey, or random location on earth. They have to stay ahead of the curve basically, defensive structure and trap and whatever else is going to get to a forever bubble adventure. Got to copy what’s going to win next, and that’s all out offense, speed/scoring/ copycat colorado but nobody giving you makar or mackinnon, so bite the bullet now, and bring in a young coach and Develop coach with the rebuild, and sell high. Or push off rebuild for a couple years of first round exit or just miss, then sell lower on your vets. I’m here for your optimism though.
MisstheWhalers et tsyls a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 35
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Well to use the same argument you used in the other thread about the Bowness hire its not like Tocchet had a ton of talent to work with in Arizona.. lol

I was just really hoping they'd go outside the box just a little, this isn't outside the box imo.

No I totally agree and that’s sort of what I was referring too. People are upset about the Bowness hire, but were happy with the idea of Tocchet. They’re two guys who have been put in some tough spots as coaches. I was fine with either guy, although Tocchet as HC and Bowness as an associate would’ve been perfect.

This is definitely not outside the box, but I’m glad it’s not an Arniel hire. I was sort of hoping that Vincent was the guy and they were heading younger.
arafay et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384

I didn’t think tochet was much better. I was just as puzzled there. The only way I think this makes sense is if this is a stopgap option either to hire Trotz or promote arniel next season.

It’s not about judgement, but about the fact that this was a guy with a sub .400 record with 1 cup final appearance. That doesn’t indicate success. On paper, this hire is arguably worse than Lowry/Maurice
tsyls a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 43
Quoting: Birtle34
Imo the only way the jets win, is come to realization that they are tb rays/Oakland A’s of the nhl, got to shelve the loyalty contracts, need to draft and develop, have to find gems in throw aways, and the lowest levels of pro hockey, or random location on earth. They have to stay ahead of the curve basically, defensive structure and trap and whatever else is going to get to a forever bubble adventure. Got to copy what’s going to win next, and that’s all out offense, speed/scoring/ copycat colorado but nobody giving you makar or mackinnon, so bite the bullet now, and bring in a young coach and Develop coach with the rebuild, and sell high. Or push off rebuild for a couple years of first round exit or just miss, then sell lower on your vets. I’m here for your optimism though.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think going younger and accepting that would’ve been smart but I’m fine with giving Bowness a chance.
MisstheWhalers et Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 44
MisstheWhalers

One thing I've never understood why they haven't done more of is taking on some guys who need a change of scenery, some former 1st round pick who has fallen out of favor with the team who drafted him, kind of like they did with Svechnikov for example. They should've been doing that for years, in their glory years the Red Wings were the kings of that.

A team based in Winnipeg has some things working against it, you need to find creative advantages anywhere you can.
tsyls et Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 44
I didn’t think tochet was much better. I was just as puzzled there. The only way I think this makes sense is if this is a stopgap option either to hire Trotz or promote arniel next season.

It’s not about judgement, but about the fact that this was a guy with a sub .400 record with 1 cup final appearance. That doesn’t indicate success. On paper, this hire is arguably worse than Lowry/Maurice

You need to actually understand some of his coaching stops and it makes sense why he’s got a sub .400 record lol.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 46
Bandwagon fairweathe

Chevy should have been canned and start right from the top, new gm and new coach, bite the bullet on some major moves in next 12 months, and hopefully get back on track.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 52
Bandwagon fairweathe
I agree with a lot of what you said. I think going younger and accepting that would’ve been smart but I’m fine with giving Bowness a chance.

Ya I don’t mind bowness, i wanted Chevy to walk the plank, I don’t think he can make the adjustments needed to get this team over the hump, team needs to tear off the bandaid and make some tough decisions. Everything goes back to the top
arafay, tsyls et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 14 h 56
Bandwagon fairweathe
One thing I've never understood why they haven't done more of is taking on some guys who need a change of scenery, some former 1st round pick who has fallen out of favor with the team who drafted him, kind of like they did with Svechnikov for example. They should've been doing that for years, in their glory years the Red Wings were the kings of that.

A team based in Winnipeg has some things working against it, you need to find creative advantages anywhere you can.

Even the old moose, bieksa was a tiny kid when he got to moose, burrows was a echl player, and not sure about kesler, but moose were pretty key in Canucks run in 11. Some thing has gotten dropped, but moose haven’t developed anything for the jets. Most draftpicks are pretty much instant success or not at all. I thought moose would have been a large strengh for the jets. Let me know if I’m wrong, definitely the right spot to learn about jets hockey.
MisstheWhalers et arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,239

This is an interesting take, though I would attach a very low weight to it.
tsyls et arafay a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 4
MisstheWhalers
No I totally agree and that’s sort of what I was referring too. People are upset about the Bowness hire, but were happy with the idea of Tocchet. They’re two guys who have been put in some tough spots as coaches. I was fine with either guy, although Tocchet as HC and Bowness as an associate would’ve been perfect.

This is definitely not outside the box, but I’m glad it’s not an Arniel hire. I was sort of hoping that Vincent was the guy and they were heading younger.

Thats fair, one thing about Tocchet(who i really liked as a player) is he looks like he commands respect and is a no nonsense guy who wouldn't be afraid to tell Chipman to sit the **** down and tell him what needs to happen, Maurice was too much of a yes man from what I can see(and have heard).

Have heard Vincent was a big Maurice fan and believer, really not sure if he was going to be a fit though if they went into a mini rebuild with some younger guys maybe he would've worked considering that was his job with the Moose.
tsyls, Birtle34 et Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 6
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead

This is an interesting take, though I would attach a very low weight to it.

Would be interesting to see what term bowness is on, and if it’s a 1 year swing, and everything not tied down is moved out in next calendar year, a year before they can walk for free. I wonder who they offer up the next big contract to? Or who agrees to it? Scheifele/Dubois/helly
tsyls, arafay et Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 7
Thats fair, one thing about Tocchet(who i really liked as a player) is he looks like he commands respect and is a no nonsense guy who wouldn't be afraid to tell Chipman to sit the **** down and tell him what needs to happen, Maurice was too much of a yes man from what I can see(and have heard).

Have heard Vincent was a big Maurice fan and believer, really not sure if he was going to be a fit though if they went into a mini rebuild with some younger guys maybe he would've worked considering that was his job with the Moose.

I feel Bowness is the same way. There are some incredible clips out there of him having a f*ck you match with players after poor performances. He’s a no non sense guy as well.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 8
MisstheWhalers
Even the old moose, bieksa was a tiny kid when he got to moose, burrows was a echl player, and not sure about kesler, but moose were pretty key in Canucks run in 11. Some thing has gotten dropped, but moose haven’t developed anything for the jets. Most draftpicks are pretty much instant success or not at all. I thought moose would have been a large strengh for the jets. Let me know if I’m wrong, definitely the right spot to learn about jets hockey.

Yes the old Moose were pretty instrumental for the Canucks back then, pretty sure Heisinger was the guy who gave Burrows his shot, they need to utilize that kind of work again to find diamonds in the rough.

That said how many diamonds in the rough have they already found but have either developed poorly or never gave much of a chance to and killed their confidence.
Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 9
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,239

As an aside, I guess Tocchet's coaching career is over. It is one thing to decline an assistant job, but to decline HC jobs two years in a row tells the market you are not interested.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage