Forums/Armchair-GM

Trying to clear cap and gain prospects

Créé par: Super_Randy
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 30 juin 2022
Publié: 1 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I gave myself some rules to follow for this ACGM.

1) Only ONE buyout allowed.
2)No big contracts over $7M handed out in the offseason.
3)Only one retention can be more then 1 year.
3) One of Petry/Savard must be traded
4) One of Anderson/Drouin must be traded
5)Try to offload one of Armia/Hoffman/Gallagher if possible
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
21 500 000 $
53 750 000 $
3900 000 $
33 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3925 000 $
Jiricek, David
3925 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
ARI
  1. Clague, Kale [Droits de RFA]
  2. Drouin, Jonathan
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
NYR
  1. Armia, Joel (1 500 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Farrell, Sean [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
MTL
  1. Ratcliffe, Isaac [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
PHI
  1. Anderson, Josh
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CBJ)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
MTL
  1. Dellandrea, Ty
  2. Faksa, Radek
  3. Khudobin, Anton
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (DAL)
DAL
  1. Petry, Jeff
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
MTL
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
  2. Hughes, Riley [Liste de réserve]
NYR
  1. Allen, Jake (1 437 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de PHI
Logo de DAL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $74 131 165 $1 132 500 $2 657 500 $8 368 835 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
900 000 $900 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Wright, Shane
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Stars de Dallas
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
Jiricek, David
925 000 $925 000 $
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,962
Quoting: Super_Randy
My argument is that someone said CBJ is interested in C and RD. So my point was if that is the case, trading back does not hurt the chances of getting RD and/or center. It actually improves the chances. And to say the other two "barely get noticed"....okay and your point is ? Gallagher was a 5th round pick, Sebastian Aho was a 2nd round pick, Nikita Kucherov a 2nd round pick, Patrice Bergeron was a 2nd round pick......I can keep going. I think you both are what some fans called "Horseblinded" by your own team. Nail Yakupov was a 1st overall pick and at the time had high praise and "oozed potential"........he plays 3rd line minutes in the KHL now.........

While you're correct w/r/t team positional needs in particular, in general we are looking for higher-quality prospects as well; we've got plenty of prospect depth and are hoping to swing for some of the "maybe they will, maybe they won't" types with the second pick (think the Lamberts and Mintyukovs and Nazars and the like). There's a pretty strict restriction on what Kekalainen will trade those 1sts for; he's gone public with it.

Yes, good things can happen with later picks. That doesn't mean we want more later picks in exchange for our better ones. The proposal you made here is a decent enough effort to be sure, and if we were lacking prospect depth in general it'd be well worth it, but that's not the case right now and we just don't want to trade down without a substantial return. Then couple that with us having real problem with particular arrogant O6 fans trying to mansplain to us what our team would and would not do as though we're poor newcomer fools who just can't possibly understand the game and what all goes into it... (Not that you specifically have been doing that at all - you weren't the one who kept pushing back so as to turn it into an argument. smile )

Quoting: Campabee
I think you should actually look up what Farrell has done over his career thus far. He was a ppg player as a freshman this past season for Harvard not as an overager but as one of the youngest guys in the league. You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of what everyone was saying about Caufield, he is too small, he was only successful because of Hughes, he won't ever make the NHL. It's always the same thing, yet every time the nay sayers are proven wrong, that size isn't actually all that important just like the path players take to the NHL.

He is a small winger that you are trying to send to a team that has too many small players and too many small wingers. Unless he's known to be the second coming of Johnny Hockey or something similar, he does not have value here. I'm happy you're happy for your prospect, but it's not going to make us want him any more. We've also had plenty of boom-or-bust guys like that who have looked extremely promising only to not make it in the NHL. Some of them are still on the roster and/or in the system (Thurkauf, in particular, was looking very very promising for a little while there, as was TFW. Heck, TFW might still have a chance at being a depth guy if he can take that next step, but at this rate he looks like he's going to be in permanent AAAA mode, alas.).

Also, Caufield was a first round pick and deservedly so. Sean Farrell was someone y'all took a flyer on in the 4th round. That and Caufield was already in the NHL by the time he was the age Farrell is now, so comparing the two is kind of an insult to Caufield.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 31
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,125
I think you should actually look up what Farrell has done over his career thus far. He was a ppg player as a freshman this past season for Harvard not as an overager but as one of the youngest guys in the league. You know what this reminds me of? This reminds me of what everyone was saying about Caufield, he is too small, he was only successful because of Hughes, he won't ever make the NHL. It's always the same thing, yet every time the nay sayers are proven wrong, that same isn't actually all that important just like the path players take to the NHL.

I have looked up what he has done so far. Sure, he was a freshman, but he was a 20 year old freshman. There are thousands of players that have had more impressive records at a younger age that haven't stuck as NHL players, let alone top 6 like you're claiming he's destined for. I hesitate to say Kent Johnson is a certainty for a top 6 role or 50-80 points and Farrell doesn't even come close to the calibre of player that Johnson is. Take off your homer glasses and join the rest of us in reality.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 31
Do you actually believe what you are shoveling or do you just like to misrepresent facts to supportyour narrative? There are at least 3 younger teams in the league Arizona, Jersey and Detroit and 2 of the three are transitioning to their cup windows so why is it such a stretch for one to assume the Jackets are too?

Hon? If you take away nothing more from this whole thread, take away this:
DO NOT ever dare to presume to tell other fans what their team is doing, or what they're up to. They know their team better than you. They always will.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 39
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Do you actually believe what you are shoveling or do you just like to misrepresent facts to supportyour narrative? There are at least 3 younger teams in the league Arizona, Jersey and Detroit and 2 of the three are transitioning to their cup windows so why is it such a stretch for one to assume the Jackets are too?

Hahaha, New Jersey and Detroit are transitioning into a cup window. That's a good one. How about they break out of the bottom 10 before we start talking about cup windows.

At an average age of 25.71 years the CBJ were the youngest team in the NHL last year by .03 years behind New Jersey. The Coyotes were the 6th oldest team and Detroit was 7th youngest. Yet another thing you're wrong on.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,241
Quoting: Viqsi
While you're correct w/r/t team positional needs in particular, in general we are looking for higher-quality prospects as well; we've got plenty of prospect depth and are hoping to swing for some of the "maybe they will, maybe they won't" types with the second pick (think the Lamberts and Mintyukovs and Nazars and the like). There's a pretty strict restriction on what Kekalainen will trade those 1sts for; he's gone public with it.

Yes, good things can happen with later picks. That doesn't mean we want more later picks in exchange for our better ones. The proposal you made here is a decent enough effort to be sure, and if we were lacking prospect depth in general it'd be well worth it, but that's not the case right now and we just don't want to trade down without a substantial return. Then couple that with us having real problem with particular arrogant O6 fans trying to mansplain to us what our team would and would not do as though we're poor newcomer fools who just can't possibly understand the game and what all goes into it... (Not that you specifically have been doing that at all - you weren't the one who kept pushing back so as to turn it into an argument. smile )

He is a small winger that you are trying to send to a team that has too many small players and too many small wingers. Unless he's known to be the second coming of Johnny Hockey or something similar, he does not have value here. I'm happy you're happy for your prospect, but it's not going to make us want him any more. We've also had plenty of boom-or-bust guys like that who have looked extremely promising only to not make it in the NHL. Some of them are still on the roster and/or in the system (Thurkauf, in particular, was looking very very promising for a little while there, as was TFW. Heck, TFW might still have a chance at being a depth guy if he can take that next step, but at this rate he looks like he's going to be in permanent AAAA mode, alas.).

Also, Caufield was a first round pick and deservedly so. Sean Farrell was someone y'all took a flyer on in the 4th round. That and Caufield was already in the NHL by the time he was the age Farrell is now, so comparing the two is kind of an insult to Caufield.

First off I would like to thank you for conceding my point (see highlighted). That literally was my whole argument all along, that the value placed on the pick was in fact fair value.

As to your point about comparing Farrell with Caufield, I only compared what was said about them both not their skill level. We have heard for years and years that small players can't make it in the NHL but reality is the good ones can just look at the path St Louis took. He went undrafted and became one of the best players in league history. I am not saying that Farrell is equal to MSL that would be ridiculous, all I am saying is that paths to the NHL matter very little if you put in the work and effort. We will never know what Farrell will become until he proves worthy of his shot, I was only stating his ceiling is a 50-80 point winger sorry if I misconstrued what I meant. However the same can be said about every prospect in every draft.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 54
Quoting: dk325
Hahaha, New Jersey and Detroit are transitioning into a cup window. That's a good one. How about they break out of the bottom 10 before we start talking about cup windows.

At an average age of 25.71 years the CBJ were the youngest team in the NHL last year by .03 years behind New Jersey. The Coyotes were the 6th oldest team and Detroit was 7th youngest. Yet another thing you're wrong on.

I think that guy may have been looking at current team pages here, which shows us as having an average age of 26.1 and the Devils with an average age of 24.9. Of course, that's with us having 19 players signed and the Devils having 15, and it doesn't include folks listed as being injured (which for us removes 29-year-old Jenner, 22-year-old Texier, and 23-year-old Tarasov, and for them removes 33-year-old Bernier), Or, in other words, jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information even though explicit indicators showing it was incomplete were right there in plain view alongside the said info.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 56
Quoting: dk325

That was last year, look up the numbers as they stand right now instead of using outdate/past data.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 57
First off I would like to thank you for conceding my point (see highlighted). That literally was my whole argument all along, that the value placed on the pick was in fact fair value.

If that was your argument, you didn't do a very good job of pointing it out. What folks were objecting to was the assertion that "it can be fair value, THEREFORE of course Columbus would do it and LMAO anyone who says otherwise is a fool". That last part is where the disagreement lies. That a team with different needs than Columbus would go for it does not mean Columbus would.

As to your point about comparing Farrell with Caufield, I only compared what was said about them both not their skill level. We have heard for years and years that small players can't make it in the NHL but reality is the good ones can just look at the path St Louis took. He went undrafted and became one of the best players in league history. I am not saying that Farrell is equal to MSL that would be ridiculous, all I am saying is that paths to the NHL matter very little if you put in the work and effort. We will never know what Farrell will become until he proves worthy of his shot, I was only stating his ceiling is a 50-80 point winger sorry if I misconstrued what I meant. However the same can be said about every prospect in every draft.

Fair enough.
1 juill. 2022 à 15 h 57
That was last year, look up the numbers as they stand right now instead of using outdate/past data.

Those numbers are uselessly incomplete because rosters are incomplete. It's claiming the Jackets are an older team than the Devils only on the basis that we've actually signed our 28-year-old backup goaltender while they don't have their backup yet and he's therefore dragging the average up.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 16 h 1
Quoting: Viqsi
I think that guy may have been looking at current team pages here, which shows us as having an average age of 26.1 and the Devils with an average age of 24.9. Of course, that's with us having 19 players signed and the Devils having 15, and it doesn't include folks listed as being injured (which for us removes 29-year-old Jenner, 22-year-old Texier, and 23-year-old Tarasov, and for them removes 33-year-old Bernier), Or, in other words, jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information even though explicit indicators showing it was incomplete were right there in plain view alongside the said info.

Thank you for using the fact to prove me right, right now as the teams stand the Jackets are not the youngest team in the league. It doesn't matter who they may or may not sign and injured players as long as they are under contract are taken into account.
1 juill. 2022 à 16 h 4
Thank you for using the fact to prove me right, right now as the teams stand the Jackets are not the youngest team in the league. It doesn't matter who they may or may not sign and injured players as long as they are under contract are taken into account.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ambiguity
It matters a whole hell of a lot, actually. If the Devils opt to retain PK Subban, suddenly they're no longer the youngest team in the league. And that was the whole point - even if we do add guys, we're strongly likely to remain the youngest or among the youngest, because the Senior Citizens here already have contracts and so that's already factored in. They don't yet on the Devils and/or Coyotes.

It's like claiming right now that Colorado clearly has no chance at competing for the Cup next year because if you look at their roster they don't have enough forwards to ice a complete team, so MacKinnon and Landeskog and Rantanen and the rest are going to be utterly exhausted by the end of the year having to be constantly double-shifted.
dk325 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2022 à 16 h 5
Dolzhenkov Is Coming

You know someone is totally defeated when they're resorting to pedantry. Get back to me at the start of next season if you wanna talk about any change in team age. Day by day in the off-season is a laughable standard to rank them by.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage