Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread #3

3 oct. 2022 à 9 h 10
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: NHLfan10506
World, meet Seamus Casey

To be fair, was nobody from Windsor going to put any pressure on him lol. Just let him walk down Main Street. Nice finish tho
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 9 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,221
Quoting: MatthewsFan
And Fraser Minten exactly where he should have been

Come on, now. I'm not thrilled by the pick either, but he was a late 2nd/early 3rd projection, and deservedly so. Don't take your anger out on him.

Also, pick 43 is a big yikes.
3 oct. 2022 à 9 h 20
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Come on, now. I'm not thrilled by the pick either, but he was a late 2nd/early 3rd projection, and deservedly so. Don't take your anger out on him.

Also, pick 43 is a big yikes.

Again, not going to pretend I’m a scout, I just like to watch a lot of hockey.

But based off other public boards from people who do this for a living (not saying they are right either) projecting what a 18 year old kid will evolve into is pretty impossible, Minten was

FRASER-MINTEN.png?resize=1024%2C916&ssl=1

I’m willing to give him a chance, I’ll stop hating but you can find the Minten’s of the world as undrafted FA.
3 oct. 2022 à 12 h 55
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732
A couple players I've been looking at recently, Leevi Meriläinen and Joel Blomqvist, seem like the perfect opposites of the haves and have nots for goalie prospects. On one hand, you have a goalie who looks to struggle tracking the puck (Meriläinen). On the other hand, you have a goalie who looks strong in net and moves laterally fairly well (Blomqvist). I'll be interested as to how both of them develop fighting for the Kärpät job this year.

Side note: yikes, that skating from Niemalä looks a little rough. Hopefully just an off-play for him.

3 oct. 2022 à 15 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Buffalos AHL team is going to be fun to watch this year!
3 oct. 2022 à 15 h 24
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
A couple players I've been looking at recently, Leevi Meriläinen and Joel Blomqvist, seem like the perfect opposites of the haves and have nots for goalie prospects. On one hand, you have a goalie who looks to struggle tracking the puck (Meriläinen). On the other hand, you have a goalie who looks strong in net and moves laterally fairly well (Blomqvist). I'll be interested as to how both of them develop fighting for the Kärpät job this year.

Side note: yikes, that skating from Niemalä looks a little rough. Hopefully just an off-play for him.

Which play are you talking about? I might just be blind, but I didn't see Niemela in any of them.

Edit: Nvm, I'm a dumb-ass, I was looking at the Liiga game, not WJC.
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 5
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Buffalos AHL team is going to be fun to watch this year!

Still wish Buffalo didnt pick Savoie.
Otherwise he probably woulda been in teal..
3 oct. 2022 à 16 h 14
Quoting: yikes
Still wish Buffalo didnt pick Savoie.
Otherwise he probably woulda been in teal..

Sadly he is going back to Juniorunsure guy with that much skill is better off playing AHL imo than CHL.

But we have Kulich, Rosen, Rousek, Kisakov, Laaksinen, Murray, Weissbach, Cederqvist, Kozak, and Buro. Potentially some other dudes who are still on the sabres roster like Clague, Priskie, Peterka maybe, Pilut...
6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 25
Ovchinnikov 137

🤘💪
6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 29
Modifié 6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 43

🤘💪

Was literally just about to post the exact same thing.

This is awesome; didn't even know it was happening. Have you seen anything about if he's already done his last round of chemo (or whatever the treatment was)? Because I thought the plan was to bring him over after that, but thought it wasn't supposed to be until November or something.

Either way, it's fantastic that he's looking happy and healthy.

Edit: Yeah, damn, guessed I missed it. Dubas did say that he was through his final round of chemo and they were working on getting him over.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 38
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,261

I think this belongs here
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Was literally just about to post the exact same thing.

This is awesome; didn't even know it was happening. Have you seen anything about if he's already done his last round of chemo (or whatever the treatment was)? Because I thought the plan was to bring him over after that, but thought it wasn't supposed to be until November or something.

Either way, it's fantastic that he's looking happy and healthy.

Edit: Yeah, damn, guessed I missed it. Dubas did say that he was through his final round of chemo and they were working on getting him over.

I have my fingers crossed pretty fukcin hard we could maybe have Amirov, Hirvonen, and Niemela join the Marlies for a playoff run
6 oct. 2022 à 15 h 55
I have my fingers crossed pretty fukcin hard we could maybe have Amirov, Hirvonen, and Niemela join the Marlies for a playoff run

Would be great - if they even make it to the playoffs missed out last year and just might be losing their best scoring forward.

It's unfortunate how staggering the drop-off has been with the Marlies since Keefe was promoted.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137
Would be great - if they even make it to the playoffs missed out last year and just might be losing their best scoring forward.

It's unfortunate how staggering the drop-off has been with the Marlies since Keefe was promoted.

Ya agreed, I was pretty jacked when they got Ryan Hardy and Greg Moore from the Chicago Steel, I thought that would be a very good tandem to replace Keefe/Dubas. It’s been a rocking start (giving benefit of the doubt with multiple injuries to the goalies and D) but IF they miss again, Moore has to go. Playoffs SHOULD be kinda automatic but at the end of the day the should be all about player development and right now we are about to see the fruits of that (Robertson, Steeves, Douglas, Kral etc)

I am excited to see new additions Ellis, Abruzzese, Villeneuve, Rindell, Kokkonen, Rifai, and are returning a pretty good crew, expecting a big year from Gogolev.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 18
Modifié 6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 24
Ya agreed, I was pretty jacked when they got Ryan Hardy and Greg Moore from the Chicago Steel, I thought that would be a very good tandem to replace Keefe/Dubas. It’s been a rocking start (giving benefit of the doubt with multiple injuries to the goalies and D) but IF they miss again, Moore has to go. Playoffs SHOULD be kinda automatic but at the end of the day the should be all about player development and right now we are about to see the fruits of that (Robertson, Steeves, Douglas, Kral etc)

I am excited to see new additions Ellis, Abruzzese, Villeneuve, Rindell, Kokkonen, Rifai, and are returning a pretty good crew, expecting a big year from Gogolev.

I really haven't been jacked about the player development since Moore has taken over. Granted it's been a choppy tenure due to Covid, and they haven't had the most talent to work with, but I haven't been impressed.

Edit: With the injection of talent they're about to get over the next while, though, this is going to be an important time for the Marlies and I hope whoever's there does a good job.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866

Db1899 a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 24
Lias Andersson is on waivers...would think someone should try and pick him up. 6 goals in 4 ahl games last season. Maybe Arizona?
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Lias Andersson is on waivers...would think someone should try and pick him up. 6 goals in 4 ahl games last season. Maybe Arizona?

Lias should ask for his deal to be terminated and go back to Europe

It would be best for him and the team
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 33
Ovchinnikov 137
I really haven't been jacked about the player development since Moore has taken over. Granted it's been a choppy tenure due to Covid, and they haven't had the most talent to work with, but I haven't been impressed.

Edit: With the injection of talent they're about to get over the next while, though, this is going to be an important time for the Marlies and I hope whoever's there does a good job.

IMO it is right on par with when Kyle took over the drafting (2018). Do not forget how terrible Hunter set this development path down.

Moore takes over in 2019, Marlies consist of, Agostino, Aberg, Bracco, Petan, Gaudet, Korshkov, Brooks, Marchment (😢), Sandin, Liljegren, as the main pieces.

In 2020 Marlies are lead by (COVID year): Kossila, Gaudet, Agostino, Robertson, Petan, Gogolev, Anderson, McMann.

Last year lead by: Seney, Steeves, Anderson, McMann, Douglas, SDA, Blandisi, Robertson, Abramov, Kral.

Now this year for the Leafs all of Robertson, Steeves, McMann, Douglas look like serious threats for depth roles, that’s all you can ask for. Now couple that with Abruzzese, and Holmberg coming into the Marlies system this year followed by Knies, Hirvonen, Voit, etc coming. Patience, a nice little run is about to start.
6 oct. 2022 à 16 h 43
IMO it is right on par with when Kyle took over the drafting (2018). Do not forget how terrible Hunter set this development path down.

Moore takes over in 2019, Marlies consist of, Agostino, Aberg, Bracco, Petan, Gaudet, Korshkov, Brooks, Marchment (😢), Sandin, Liljegren, as the main pieces.

In 2020 Marlies are lead by (COVID year): Kossila, Gaudet, Agostino, Robertson, Petan, Gogolev, Anderson, McMann.

Last year lead by: Seney, Steeves, Anderson, McMann, Douglas, SDA, Blandisi, Robertson, Abramov, Kral.

Now this year for the Leafs all of Robertson, Steeves, McMann, Douglas look like serious threats for depth roles, that’s all you can ask for. Now couple that with Abruzzese, and Holmberg coming into the Marlies system this year followed by Knies, Hirvonen, Voit, etc coming. Patience, a nice little run is about to start.

Yeah, Hunter really f*cked us over. Idk, maybe I'm being a little harsh, holding him to a little too high a standard, but holy f*ck Keefe did a tremendous job down there and I got used to it.

He just better do a good job with that nice little run you mentioned. It's too important not to.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 17 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137
Yeah, Hunter really f*cked us over. Idk, maybe I'm being a little harsh, holding him to a little too high a standard, but holy f*ck Keefe did a tremendous job down there and I got used to it.

He just better do a good job with that nice little run you mentioned. It's too important not to.

Think about what was in place for them also: Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Johnsson, Moore, Timashov, Levio, Frattin, Carrick.

Edit:

A little different from Agostino, Aberg, Bracco, Petan, Gaudet, Kossila lol
6 oct. 2022 à 17 h 42
Hakuna Matata

Hunter was a dog**** drafter like here's the the thing that made me glad he was gone

In 2015 Dubas and Lou were ready to go get AHO. he somehow convinced Lou to go get...Dermott

Imagine a C core in 2018 of Matthews, Aho, Kadri, Bozak

Only good thing he did was Marner but that was gonna happen no matter who was in charge well except maybe...Benning lul
6 oct. 2022 à 17 h 57
Think about what was in place for them also: Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Johnsson, Moore, Timashov, Levio, Frattin, Carrick.

Edit:

A little different from Agostino, Aberg, Bracco, Petan, Gaudet, Kossila lol

Definitely a better crop, but Keefe deserves a lot of credit for how successful he was at graduating those guys, among others.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 oct. 2022 à 17 h 58
Quoting: aadoyle
Hunter was a dog**** drafter like here's the the thing that made me glad he was gone

In 2015 Dubas and Lou were ready to go get AHO. he somehow convinced Lou to go get...Dermott

Imagine a C core in 2018 of Matthews, Aho, Kadri, Bozak

Only good thing he did was Marner but that was gonna happen no matter who was in charge well except maybe...Benning lul

Where was that said?
6 oct. 2022 à 18 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Where was that said?

Masters talked about it back in 2017 but an article came out in 2021 by CJ discussing how Lou and Dubas were ready to draft Aho but Hunter was like lets go get the OHL dman of the year.

Now if Dermott kept that kind of game going I would have been fine but nope went to just being a depth 3rd pair guy

Still though at least Hunter wasnt as braindead as Burke. As to think Toronto could have had the 2nd OA pick in 2009 for LUKE SCHENN which would have meant on top of Kadri we would have had Hedman
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage