Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: aadoyle
To me I think Minten is gonna be an annoying 3c type like Laughton

Time will tell, but that would be great
17 sept. 2022 à 18 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,223
Quoting: MatthewsFan
2023 is absolutely a terrible year to trade your 1st round pick. I don’t know how you feel but after watching the first two games in Traverse City, I don’t feel Robertson is the right fit for Nylander and Tavares. Nick is definitely ready for an NHL but not in the top six. He has a legit NHL shot but he needs to be more selective with his shots and without the puck needs to find more dangerous scoring areas. I’d honestly rather see Holmberg given that shot if that’s where things are going.

And I feel pretty confident Engvall Kampf Jarnkrok will be a shutdown 3rd line leaving Robertson for the 4th line. Which I don’t like.

I certainly don’t have prospect fatigue with Robertson and having him play another year in the AHL (he just turned 21) is fine by me.

I will be pleasantly surprised if they don’t move their 2023 1st at the TDL for an impact top 6 FWD.

I wouldn't call it prospect fatigue and I certainly don't want to see him go, I just think it could be what makes the most sense. With Knies, Amirov (health permitting), Hirvonen, etc in the wings for potential future LW spots, if Robertson isn't ready come TDL moving him for a guy that makes the team better now and bridges the gap until new faces are ready... It's tough to argue against that being the right course of action.

Kind of both agree and disagree on Robertson's fit. The shot selection and finding soft spots in coverage are my two biggest criticisms of him, but I think that makes the top 6 perfect for him. Not being the biggest threat on the ice will do wonders for him in that regard and we saw that in his short stint with JT and Willy. He's never going to be a perfect player, but I think he's at the very least ready for a legitimate shot, and the top 6 is really the only place he's going to get that.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 20 h 20
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I wouldn't call it prospect fatigue and I certainly don't want to see him go, I just think it could be what makes the most sense. With Knies, Amirov (health permitting), Hirvonen, etc in the wings for potential future LW spots, if Robertson isn't ready come TDL moving him for a guy that makes the team better now and bridges the gap until new faces are ready... It's tough to argue against that being the right course of action.

Kind of both agree and disagree on Robertson's fit. The shot selection and finding soft spots in coverage are my two biggest criticisms of him, but I think that makes the top 6 perfect for him. Not being the biggest threat on the ice will do wonders for him in that regard and we saw that in his short stint with JT and Willy. He's never going to be a perfect player, but I think he's at the very least ready for a legitimate shot, and the top 6 is really the only place he's going to get that.

Offensively, agree Robertson could fit with Tavares and Nylander. It would be refreshing to see someone who could finish off plays on their line a bit more consistently than Kerfoot. My issues is both Tavares and Nylander are not the greatest defensively and need more of a grinder (get in the forecheck, win a battle of the puck type, ugh Nino would have been perfect) I just struggle to see Robertson being that guy for a full 60mins. I feel like they would get eaten alive defensively.

And I honestly wonder what kind of return Robertson could even fetch. Feel like he holds more value to the Leafs. A former late 2nd round pick that hasn’t been able to stay healthy for a full year doesn’t scream top 6 fwd return. Maybe I’m wrong.
I’d love to see Robertson make this team but in a shelter 3rd line role with a few shifts in game with the big boys, would be my ideal.

But I’m with you, I can’t believe we a week or so away from training camp and Kerfoot/Holl/Muzzin are on this roster.

Muzzin for all his good has not come close to playing a full 82 games in a Leaf uni and Kerfoot/Holl are sooooo past being of value to this roster.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 21 h 32
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,223
Offensively, agree Robertson could fit with Tavares and Nylander. It would be refreshing to see someone who could finish off plays on their line a bit more consistently than Kerfoot. My issues is both Tavares and Nylander are not the greatest defensively and need more of a grinder (get in the forecheck, win a battle of the puck type, ugh Nino would have been perfect) I just struggle to see Robertson being that guy for a full 60mins. I feel like they would get eaten alive defensively.

And I honestly wonder what kind of return Robertson could even fetch. Feel like he holds more value to the Leafs. A former late 2nd round pick that hasn’t been able to stay healthy for a full year doesn’t scream top 6 fwd return. Maybe I’m wrong.
I’d love to see Robertson make this team but in a shelter 3rd line role with a few shifts in game with the big boys, would be my ideal.

But I’m with you, I can’t believe we a week or so away from training camp and Kerfoot/Holl/Muzzin are on this roster.

Muzzin for all his good has not come close to playing a full 82 games in a Leaf uni and Kerfoot/Holl are sooooo past being of value to this roster.

I see your point, I'm just not sold on it to the extent of not trying it out. Yeah, that second line wouldn't be the best defensively, but as long as they outscore the opposition, it's really just not that big a concern to me. The top line is tremendous defensively, Engvall and Kampf were two thirds of one of the best shutdown lines in hockey and Jarnkrok (who I expect to line up alongside them) is no slouch in his own zone. 4th line also looks like it's shaping up to be low-event in terms of goal scoring at either end. And I know it's nice and often effective to pair the gritty grinder type with the talent, but all kinds of combinations can work.

I don't think Robertson alone would bring in the type of player I have in mind, but I think he could be a centerpiece of a package.

I wouldn't like to see him in the bottom 6 at all. Waste of time if you ask me. Kinda leaves the 3rd line in limbo if you play him there - takes away from that line as a shut down unit and puts him in a position not suited to him. A few minutes a night on the 4th line is just pointless.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 6
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
who is a prospect that isn't considered an A prospect right now who has a chance at developing into a star
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 14
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Db1899
who is a prospect that isn't considered an A prospect right now who has a chance at developing into a star

I may be biased but Danila Klimovich has an insane ceiling. Boom or bust kind of guy. Either becomes an AHL nobody or a star who has many highlight reel plays

Edit: If Arshdeep Bains can become an NHL player, I will be very happy. He is kind of on the Brandon Hagel career path. Insane WHL year as an overager then being signed to play in the AHL
Db1899 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Rory Kerins and Viktor Lodin
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,879
Modifié 17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 39

Niemela

Kids gonna be fun to watch in 2023-2024
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

In general Leafs got 4 good LW prospects and all are gonna need spots

Robertson to me is growing into something interesting and if his development is like his brothers in 2024 we could have a monster on our hands to replace WN
If all goes well with Knies he will be the PF we have been dreaming about

Amirov probs will come over in 2023 after the KHL season and if all goes well with him we got a scoring threat for the 3rd line

That leaves Hirvonen but he also took a good step and his WJC run with Raty and Kemell was nuts

So as to which is to go idk draw names out of a hat as all could come back to bite us. Maybe have one of them play RW

Now im not saying Dubas is gonna go trade the 1st but at the same time if there's a guy available who can make the team better you got to jump on it

Patrick Kane even for a few months would drastically improve the team, allow Marner to play with JT and we will get to see a Matthews-Kane duo
17 sept. 2022 à 22 h 37

Also Jordan Dumais
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 10 h 46
Which prospects have a shot at making the NHL this season?

NYI

Aatu Raty : 3lw or 3C

Simon Holmstrom: 3lw or 4lw.

Robin Salo: 3LD
18 sept. 2022 à 13 h 9
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Stars prospects are looking solid in Traverse so far.

Johnston, Stankoven, Kyrou, Bourque, Damiani, Stranges, Blumel, Grushnikov, and Karlsson are the ones who’re impressing me the most.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 13 h 44
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Arber Xhekaj is a menace in a good and bad way
MatthewsFan, Remus et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 14 h 15
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Arber Xhekaj is a menace in a good and bad way

If he makes it to the NHL he is going to be suspended 2-3 x per season.
MatthewsFan et Remus a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 14 h 18
Hakuna Matata

Is Manny Malhotra spying on my posts

As didnt I say Minten should play with 2 playmakers.... Yesterday
18 sept. 2022 à 14 h 20
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
If he makes it to the NHL he is going to be suspended 2-3 x per season.

You’d imagine he’d get his discipline in check before doing that, he’s had 1 fight, 1 dirty hit and 1 unfortunate result hit in this game vs the prospect Sens lol
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 14 h 51

NYI

Pinto has the 3C spot locked down, and Sanderson has a LD spot locked down, likely 2LD. Greig should get a trial run at least, likely at 3LW or 4C. Sokolov and Lodin will likely get games at some point, and Guenette might as well, but I don't expect any of them to be regulars. One of Thomson or JBD has a shot at being a top 7 D on the team. Hopefully Kastelic wins the 4C job over Gambrell.

For Calgary it's basically Pelletier could win a middle six LW job, Connor Mackey might be the 7th D, and that's about it.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 23 h 34
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Quoting: Juiceman
I may be biased but Danila Klimovich has an insane ceiling. Boom or bust kind of guy. Either becomes an AHL nobody or a star who has many highlight reel plays

Edit: If Arshdeep Bains can become an NHL player, I will be very happy. He is kind of on the Brandon Hagel career path. Insane WHL year as an overager then being signed to play in the AHL

I’ve been impressed with Kirill Kudryavtsev, he could develop into a very good Dman.
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2022 à 23 h 35
Ex Nucks fan
I’ve been impressed with Kirill Kudryavtsev, he could develop into a very good Dman.

Also pleasantly surprised. For an 18 year old seventh round pick, he was been very good in the backend during the Young Stars tourney so far
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 0 h 48
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732

As I am a huge Miroshnichenko fan, I am obligated to opt for him, but outside of the Capitals I would say Cam York. Unless he's already considered an A prospect, then oh well.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 10 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 434

NYI

BUF

Quinn (F)
Peterka (F)
Power (D)
Luukkonen (G)

Power is a lock. Quinn is highly likely. Peterka probably needs to have a good camp to stay with the club. Luukkonen won't be with the big club right away, but will probably get a call up at some point and could stay up with a good showing and if the other goalies perform badly.
19 sept. 2022 à 10 h 8
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753

I've seen Tyler Angle as a C-level prospect on many prospect pyramids, but i've been impressed by what i've seen out of him in the AHL (and OHL before that). He could develop into a star (or at the very least a good NHL-caliber player) with enough time to grow (he's 21, going on 22 at the end of the month, so he has plenty of time left).

He pulled off a Michigan once so that's reasoning enough that he's the second coming of Cam Atkinson.
19 sept. 2022 à 19 h 8
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

Did not realize that Reid Schaefer had such a good shot. this is pretty decent snipe
19 sept. 2022 à 19 h 18
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: oilersguy

Did not realize that Reid Schaefer had such a good shot. this is pretty decent snipe

Pretty bad gap control by the Canucks d man. Our roster is mostly consisted of AHL depth guys. We have like 3 legit prospects here
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2022 à 19 h 31
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

very pretty goal from Holloway

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage