22 août 2022 à 15 h 28
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
For all associated teams

Sept. 15-19

Traverse City Prospect Tournament

Teams participating, Toronto, Columbus, Detroit, and Dallas

What are the restrictions for this tournament? Like is there an age/NHL GP limit? Is it anyone on the reserve list or exclusively signed guys (i.e. are college guys gonna be there? European guys?). If it’s just any prospect, this should be a good tournament. Dallas has crazy firepower up front, Leafs and Red Wings have an interesting guy at every position, CBJ is loaded but with younger prospects.
22 août 2022 à 15 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Quoting: Alfie11
What are the restrictions for this tournament? Like is there an age/NHL GP limit? Is it anyone on the reserve list or exclusively signed guys (i.e. are college guys gonna be there? European guys?). If it’s just any prospect, this should be a good tournament. Dallas has crazy firepower up front, Leafs and Red Wings have an interesting guy at every position, CBJ is loaded but with younger prospects.

I have no idea about the rules all I know is the dates whose vs. who and Red Wings are hosting

https://www.centreice.org/page/show/467296-nhl-prospect-tournament
22 août 2022 à 16 h 48
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336

Well since it’s a prospect showcase, I doubt there’s any actual rules as to who can play but there’s a gentleman’s agreement between GM’s to not bring anyone too old or NHL experienced
zk97 a aimé ceci.
22 août 2022 à 19 h 53
Hakuna Matata

You got to be ****ing kidding me

Gonna need to take a step back as man I really dont want to go off rn
yikes, zk97, AndrewLadd and 2 others a aimé ceci.
22 août 2022 à 19 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

You got to be ****ing kidding me

poor kid man
zk97 a aimé ceci.
22 août 2022 à 19 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
poor kid man

This has me concerned for Russian players for the 2023 draft and beyond. As until this whole Ukraine situation is over nobody there is safe

Like how can you go to a kid who just started recovering from a brain tumor and go you know what we want you to fulfill your duty and join the army for service

**** off
22 août 2022 à 19 h 58
EklundCelebriniSmith
This has me concerned for Russian players for the 2023 draft and beyond. As until this whole Ukraine situation is over nobody there is safe

Like how can you go to a kid who just started recovering from a brain tumor and go you know what we want you to fulfill your duty and join the army for service

**** off

Human just never learn from mistakes. The fact we’re all so against each other will be what ruins the worlds.
zk97 et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 23 h 8
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
TIL Lane Hutson has a younger brother, Cole Hutson, 2006 born kid who was drafted into the OHL but will play with the NTDP

The wild part is this - the kid is 5'3 and 117lbs according to the OHL site. He's 16.

For comparison, I'm 15, 5'5 and 130lbs and I'm considered short generally, and quite short for a hockey player

The height is pretty astonishing, but the weight? 117 pounds? He played against kids who were well over 6 feet 180! This is crazy! He must have some crazy shot, feet, and puckhandling.

The game is changing everyone
EsoYeezus69, zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
23 août 2022 à 23 h 19
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Remus
TIL Lane Hutson has a younger brother, Cole Hutson, 2006 born kid who was drafted into the OHL but will play with the NTDP

The wild part is this - the kid is 5'3 and 117lbs according to the OHL site. He's 16.

For comparison, I'm 15, 5'5 and 130lbs and I'm considered short generally, and quite short for a hockey player

The height is pretty astonishing, but the weight? 117 pounds? He played against kids who were well over 6 feet 180! This is crazy! He must have some crazy shot, feet, and puckhandling.

The game is changing everyone

One thing to keep in mind hes 16 and often we see the body go through one more growth spurt between 16-21 so by the time hes drafted probs will be around the height of his brother or potentially even taller. As often OHL'ers go through massive growth shifts from 16-18.

That said it is impressive
zk97 a aimé ceci.
24 août 2022 à 12 h 52
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

I didn’t think Buchelnikov would go as high as he did but was a big fan of his. DET got a good one here.

This was a slick move
zk97 a aimé ceci.
25 août 2022 à 14 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith

kanye-west-smile.gif
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2022 à 0 h 39
I’m gonna share some thoughts on Pronman’s pipeline rankings now that they’re done. General thoughts right now, specific ones later (I’m about halfway through right now).

I don’t generally have a problem with Pronman’s tools rankings, I realize that it’s extremely difficult to judge guys in junior based on how they would look in the NHL at the best of times, and he’s one dude judging hundreds of them. So I think it’s fair that he’s harsh (especially with skating), because it gives a more realistic idea of who has a legitimate chance of making the NHL, and makes his praise worth more. I also don’t begrudge him the occasional miss (for example, Tim Stutzle having league average puck skills lol) because I think a lot of his tools rankings are probably carry-overs, he can’t evaluate 400+ draft eligible players AND check up on the thousand+ drafted prospects on top of that and update their tools rankings for every guy (especially when I’d bet a lot of guys only have one viewing per year, and as a tertiary player on the ice being watched). So the occasional miss is fine, and typically if you see 20 people in the comments correcting something his misses usually get caught anyway lol. The only thing I quibble with is the following statement: “He’s a sure-fire career NHLer to me on a third pair, and if the offense clicks enough he’ll be top four.” That (or similar) has been used several times (I’ve currently read the Sabres, Sens, and 20-32, working my way up), and in this case specifically describes Mattias Samuelsson. I think that for defensive defensemen, it’s not necessarily always the case. Obviously if the offense does click they’ll be a top 4 guy. But if it doesn’t, as long as they continue to hone their craft defensively, they can turn into an effective complementary top 4 player, or even elite shutdown guy (looking at a guy like Siegenthaler or Tanev respectively). There’s definitely a place in the top 4 of a contender for a guy who gets 25 points or less per year, but doesn’t let anybody score when he’s on the ice. That’s probably the only misnomer I have with how he evaluates prospects.

I’d also like if he added “Defensive Ability” as a skill, maybe like he does with shot (not on everybody) but for this case it shows up for all defensemen and then only forwards that are noticeably good/terrible at it (although I do suspect many U23 forwards will fall into the noticeably terrible category lol). Regardless, I think it’s important to judge how good defensively a defenseman is, as a lot of these guys (especially the smaller ones) are fun to read about, but they’re still not very likely to make it if ALL they bring is speed and skill and the ability to run a PP, and are undersized and can’t defend well. There’s only ever gonna be one guy like that in an NHL lineup maximum, because you need at least 5 defensemen capable of PKing lol (4 main PKers, plus a 5th in case one of them is the one taking the penalty). So this greatly reduces their odds of making the NHL down from 192 available jobs to maybe 32, and I think it would be a helpful thing to note.
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
26 août 2022 à 7 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
I’m gonna share some thoughts on Pronman’s pipeline rankings now that they’re done. General thoughts right now, specific ones later (I’m about halfway through right now).

I don’t generally have a problem with Pronman’s tools rankings, I realize that it’s extremely difficult to judge guys in junior based on how they would look in the NHL at the best of times, and he’s one dude judging hundreds of them. So I think it’s fair that he’s harsh (especially with skating), because it gives a more realistic idea of who has a legitimate chance of making the NHL, and makes his praise worth more. I also don’t begrudge him the occasional miss (for example, Tim Stutzle having league average puck skills lol) because I think a lot of his tools rankings are probably carry-overs, he can’t evaluate 400+ draft eligible players AND check up on the thousand+ drafted prospects on top of that and update their tools rankings for every guy (especially when I’d bet a lot of guys only have one viewing per year, and as a tertiary player on the ice being watched). So the occasional miss is fine, and typically if you see 20 people in the comments correcting something his misses usually get caught anyway lol. The only thing I quibble with is the following statement: “He’s a sure-fire career NHLer to me on a third pair, and if the offense clicks enough he’ll be top four.” That (or similar) has been used several times (I’ve currently read the Sabres, Sens, and 20-32, working my way up), and in this case specifically describes Mattias Samuelsson. I think that for defensive defensemen, it’s not necessarily always the case. Obviously if the offense does click they’ll be a top 4 guy. But if it doesn’t, as long as they continue to hone their craft defensively, they can turn into an effective complementary top 4 player, or even elite shutdown guy (looking at a guy like Siegenthaler or Tanev respectively). There’s definitely a place in the top 4 of a contender for a guy who gets 25 points or less per year, but doesn’t let anybody score when he’s on the ice. That’s probably the only misnomer I have with how he evaluates prospects.

I’d also like if he added “Defensive Ability” as a skill, maybe like he does with shot (not on everybody) but for this case it shows up for all defensemen and then only forwards that are noticeably good/terrible at it (although I do suspect many U23 forwards will fall into the noticeably terrible category lol). Regardless, I think it’s important to judge how good defensively a defenseman is, as a lot of these guys (especially the smaller ones) are fun to read about, but they’re still not very likely to make it if ALL they bring is speed and skill and the ability to run a PP, and are undersized and can’t defend well. There’s only ever gonna be one guy like that in an NHL lineup maximum, because you need at least 5 defensemen capable of PKing lol (4 main PKers, plus a 5th in case one of them is the one taking the penalty). So this greatly reduces their odds of making the NHL down from 192 available jobs to maybe 32, and I think it would be a helpful thing to note.

Yea, definitely a few misses here and there, the other things about Samuelsson is he had him as " will play NHL games" after saying he is a lock to be an NHLer
28 août 2022 à 17 h 5
Ovchinnikov 137
https://twitter.com/mathewjdp/status/1563906804886945792?s=21&t=EnnVRErR8Zzp6QEkw0M37w

Best Prospect - Nick Robertson
Highest Potential Prospect - Topi Niemelä
Most underrated Prospect - Pontus Holmberg
Favourite Prospect - Dmitri Ovchinnikov
Remus a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 17 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137
Not sure why that didn’t post

EsoYeezus69, oilersguy, NoVaSpartan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Best prospect : Aatu Raty
Highest potential prospect : Aatu Raty
Most underrated prospect : Calle Odelius
Favorite prospect: Ruslan Iskhakov
MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69, oilersguy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336

Slafkovsky
Slafkovsky
Idk, I really like Dobes
Lane Hutson
MatthewsFan et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 17 h 23
Best Prospect - Jake Sanderson
Highest Potential Prospect - Jake Sanderson
Most Underrated Prospect - Mads Sogaard or Egor Sokolov
Favourite Prospect - Ridly Greig

Best Prospect - Jakob Pelletier
Highest Potential Prospect - Dustin Wolf
Most Underrated Prospect - Rory Kerins
Favourite Prospect - Dustin Wolf
28 août 2022 à 18 h 10
Jamie Benn is BACK
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 478

For the Stars:
Best Prospect: Wyatt Johnston/Logan Stankoven
Highest Potential Prospect: Wyatt Johnston/Logan Stankoven
Most Underrated Prospect: Ty Dellandrea (he's disliked by many fans, but he looks like a solid two-way C prospect)
Favorite Prospect: Adam Mascherin
28 août 2022 à 18 h 14
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Hurricanes
Best Prospect - Scott Morrow
Highest Potential Prospect - Pyotr Kochetkov
Most Underrated Prospect - Alexander Pashin
Favourite Prospect - Robert Orr
MatthewsFan et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 18 h 26
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559

Best Prospect - Slafkovsky
Highest Potential Prospect - Slafkovsky
Most underrated Prospect - Slafkovsky
Favourite Prospect - Slafkovsky

let me explain...

best prospect is a duh
highest potential is duh
underrated is because i think there could definitely be some people who think slafkovsky is gonna be the next josh anderson, if slafkovsky isnt the choice then i think mattias norlinder is the guy
favourite prospect is duh
MatthewsFan, oilersguy et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 18 h 30
EklundCelebriniSmith
Best SJ Prospect - Eklund
Highest Potential - Eklund
Most Underrated - Probably Bystedt based off the draft day reaction, PROBABLY Tristen Robins tho - the kids arguably our 2nd best prospect.
Favourite - 1. Bordeleau 2. Eklund 3. Gushchin
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 18 h 54
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Best Prospect - Juraj Slafkovsky
Highest Potential - Juraj Slafkovsky
Most Underrated - Riley Kidney, Sean Farrell
Favourite Prospect - Lane Hutson, Arber Xhekaj, Mattias Norlinder
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
28 août 2022 à 19 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,309
NJD Prospects

Best: Luke Hughes, Nemec, Holtz
High ceiling: Luke Hughes, Nemec, Holtz
Underrated: Zetterlund, Foote, Edwards
Favorite: Gritsyuk, Tyce, any promising goalie
MatthewsFan, oilersguy et Devil a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage