SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread #3

2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 6
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: yikes
If the Sens take Geekie over Kemell I’d honestly fold the franchise. Just kill the dead animal early, put it out of its misery.

Lol Geekie is going top 10 IMO. He shouldn’t but I have a feeling he will.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 12
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: Db1899
Lol Geekie is going top 10 IMO. He shouldn’t but I have a feeling he will.

Same - shouldn’t hate on him too much he’s got potential, but Kemell is a can’t miss opportunity.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 23
Same - shouldn’t hate on him too much he’s got potential, but Kemell is a can’t miss opportunity.

I agree. Gut feeling this is how I see the first 16 picks going.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Wright
3. Cooley
4. Nemec
5. Gauthier
6. Jiricek
7. Kasper
8. Savoie
9. Kemell
10. Geekie
11. Lekerimakki
12. Lambert
13. Nazar
14. Korchinski
15. Ohgren
16. Yurov
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 29
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I agree. Gut feeling this is how I see the first 16 picks going.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Wright
3. Cooley
4. Nemec
5. Gauthier
6. Jiricek
7. Kasper
8. Savoie
9. Kemell
10. Geekie
11. Lekerimakki
12. Lambert
13. Nazar
14. Korchinski
15. Ohgren
16. Yurov

Not sure how much of a limb I’m going on but I will be shocked if a Russian is selected in the 1st round. Yes, I’m including Yurov.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 33
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Not sure how much of a limb I’m going on but I will be shocked if a Russian is selected in the 1st round. Yes, I’m including Yurov.

definitely possible, if a team thinks Yurov is a top 5 player in the class then I can see him going mid 1st round.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733

Dubas just trades down gets 2 high 2nds and drafts Yurov and Belluz

Not saying I would 100% support it but it would be a galaxy brain move
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 35
Quoting: aadoyle
Dubas just trades down gets 2 high 2nds and drafts 2 russians that were projected to go top 20 this draft

Honestly I would want the islanders to do an all Russian draft lol. Yurov with pick 13, trikosov with pick 65 and Duda with the 3rd rd pick
aadoyle et yikes a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Honestly I would want the islanders to do an all Russian draft lol. Yurov with pick 13, trikosov with pick 65 and Duda with the 3rd rd pick

All I want is for Dubas to draft a Canadian in the first round so I dont have to read 100 twitter messages saying Dubas hates Canadians or all this nonsensical silliness

Luckily for them this draft is full of em
Db1899 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 38
Ovchinnikov 137
definitely possible, if a team thinks Yurov is a top 5 player in the class then I can see him going mid 1st round.

Oh, he is absolutely a top 10 player maybe even top 5 in this draft. But with everything going on in Russia I can totally see him falling out of the 1st. Or in at least into the late 20’s to a team with multiple 1st
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 39
All I want is for Dubas to draft a Canadian in the first round so I dont have to read 100 twitter messages saying Dubas hates Canadians or all this nonsensical silliness

Luckily for them this draft is full of em

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mateychuk falls to the leafs
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
Dubas just trades down gets 2 high 2nds and drafts Yurov and Belluz

I see them trading down unless someone they consider a top 10 talent falls to them.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 46
Hakuna Matata
I see them trading down unless someone they consider a top 10 talent falls to them.

From what I have been hearing and from recent reports there are 4 Favs rn for the 25 OA pick

1. Belluz
2. Beck
3. Pickering
4. Mateychuk

Mateychuk or Pickering probably happens if Sandin gets traded for a young C or something as either guy would replace him

If Sandin stays then Beck or Belluz probs happen as Leafs will need to fill out the Prospect pool with some good Center talents
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 47
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Please do. I don't like to take shots at a fanbase, but it seems to be the popular opinion that the Red Wings community on here is really lacking reasonable people.

I can’t wait to say Yzerman counters with a 7th for your whole franchise laugh laugh laugh laugh
LeafsFanForSomeReason, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 0 h 49
Hakuna Matata

I wouldnt mind him or Pickering as both got intriguing ceilings with Pickering potentially being Slavin 2.0 and Mateychuk potentially being a Girard like guy

That said after carefully checking out the prospect pool I think we need C prospects

Now if Sandin gets traded for a young NHL ready C that changes to one of the 2 LD I mentioned
Db1899 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 1 h 28
From what I have been hearing and from recent reports there are 3 Favs rn for the 25 OA pick

1. Belluz
2. Beck
3. Pickering

Pickering probably happens if Sandin gets traded for a young C or something

If Sandin stays then Beck or Belluz probs happen

Imo that’s too early for Beck and probably too late for Pickering. You’re probably looking at LDBB, maybe Kulich or Ostlund. Or for a D, someone like Rinzel.

I wouldn’t either tbh. He’s an undersized left shot D. I think a lot of teams will talk themselves into taking guys like Bichsel and Pickering first (who I think are more defensive, while Mateychuk is a great 2-way guy) despite them not being as good. I think taking Korchinski first is justified, and maybe Mintyukov if a team isn’t worried about the Russia factor and wants a more dynamic defenseman, so Mateychuk could pretty easily slip to being the 5th LD off the board.

I’m inclined to agree. This Fedotov case will likely scare a lot of teams off from selecting guys that live in Russia. If Mintyukov is currently in NA, he may be the exception, but any Russian currently in Russia is too risky to take in the 1st imo. Yurov or Miroshnichenko are hard to gauge because they’re both easily top 10 guys on talent, but like, does that matter if he can’t leave the country to play for you? I’m sure every NHL team is either doing a ton of due diligence on exactly what is happening to Fedotov right now, or simply deciding to not select Russians.
Db1899 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 1 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
Imo that’s too early for Beck and probably too late for Pickering. You’re probably looking at LDBB, maybe Kulich or Ostlund. Or for a D, someone like Rinzel.
I wouldn’t either tbh. He’s an undersized left shot D. I think a lot of teams will talk themselves into taking guys like Bichsel and Pickering first (who I think are more defensive, while Mateychuk is a great 2-way guy) despite them not being as good. I think taking Korchinski first is justified, and maybe Mintyukov if a team isn’t worried about the Russia factor and wants a more dynamic defenseman, so Mateychuk could pretty easily slip to being the 5th LD off the board.

I’m inclined to agree. This Fedotov case will likely scare a lot of teams off from selecting guys that live in Russia. If Mintyukov is currently in NA, he may be the exception, but any Russian currently in Russia is too risky to take in the 1st imo. Yurov or Miroshnichenko are hard to gauge because they’re both easily top 10 guys on talent, but like, does that matter if he can’t leave the country to play for you? I’m sure every NHL team is either doing a ton of due diligence on exactly what is happening to Fedotov right now, or simply deciding to not select Russians.

Who knows as Pickering's rankings have been all over the place from as high as 13 to as low as 37. I feel 18-25 is probs where he will end up same with Mateychuk. That said I would only look into drafting either of them should Sandin be traded for a young C.

As for Beck agreed 25 is probs to high I feel if we do draft him it would be if we traded down

Belluz would probs be the safest and most likely C pick at 25 as he is projected to go 28 to high 2nd round but should Kulich or Ostlund drop got to think Dubas would choose either of those two instead
2 juill. 2022 à 1 h 43
Ovchinnikov 137

I’d also add Vladimir Grudinin, Kirill Dolzhenkov, and Artyom Duda. All are with the CSKA system and thus potential Military duty. IMO the organization that picks any Russian player with have multiple picks and won’t need said player for years
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 13 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
What do you guys think Dumba is worth? Asking in the prospect thread cause I think this could be an interesting draft day trade.
3 juill. 2022 à 10 h 10
Ideal 1st 3 rounds for the Coyotes:

3. Cooley
27. Yurov
32. Firkus
34. Miroschinechenko
36. Hutson
43. Casey
45. Sykora
67. Trikozov
Alfie11, LeafsFanForSomeReason, TZ11 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 10 h 25
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816

3. Cooley
27. Yurov
32. Firkus
34. Miroschinechenko
36. Hutson
43. Casey
45. Sykora
67. Trikozov

Do we think Yurov and Miro both could fall into the second or would that be too bold?

I feel the Fedotov situation has just continually gotten worse (now the report is he was forced to be given an injection which is why he was taken to the hospital after his visit at the military office).
3 juill. 2022 à 10 h 28
Do we think Yurov and Miro both could fall into the second or would that be too bold?

I feel the Fedotov situation has just continually gotten worse (now the report is he was forced to be given an injection which is why he was taken to the hospital after his visit at the military office).

It’s possible, but I can’t see Yurov falling out of the 1st. Miro will for sure IMO.

Yeah I heard, hopefully he’s ok.
AndrewLadd, TZ11 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 10 h 33
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
What do you guys think Dumba is worth? Asking in the prospect thread cause I think this could be an interesting draft day trade.

Price's gone up somewhat now that Wild moved Fiala, Guerin doesn't really have to move Dumba any longer.
Considering how pricey top 4 RHD can be, I'd say a pick in the 20-35 range + a good prospect should do it.
If Guerin could find a trade partner dangling a 2nd line center, I think he'd be all over that.
Guerin could also look for picks or ELCs, allowing for a play at Copp or Trochek in FA with Dumba's cap cleared.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 11 h 51

3. Cooley
27. Yurov
32. Firkus
34. Miroschinechenko
36. Hutson
43. Casey
45. Sykora
67. Trikozov

That would be a nuts haul, but I’ve heard that the Coyotes are trying to get bigger this draft, so I highly doubt they go this route (outside of Cooley) despite these guys likely being BPA. I’d expect guys like Schaefer, Snuggerud, Lamoureux, Rinzel, Warren, Bystedt, Nyman, Lutz, etc. to be targets with their late 1sts and 2nds. Also Filip Mesar, apparently they’re super high on him.
Db1899 et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 11 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,202

3. Cooley
27. Yurov
32. Firkus
34. Miroschinechenko
36. Hutson
43. Casey
45. Sykora
67. Trikozov

That late 1st - mid 2nd cluster of picks is what I'm most looking forward to this draft. Franchise changing potential.
Db1899 et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 12 h 3
That would be a nuts haul, but I’ve heard that the Coyotes are trying to get bigger this draft, so I highly doubt they go this route (outside of Cooley) despite these guys likely being BPA. I’d expect guys like Schaefer, Snuggerud, Lamoureux, Rinzel, Warren, Bystedt, Nyman, Lutz, etc. to be targets with their late 1sts and 2nds. Also Filip Mesar, apparently they’re super high on him.

They can get bigger in free agency in a few years lol, At this point they need to swing for the fences with their late 1st + 2nd round picks. It’s their best shot at constructing an elite team
AndrewLadd et TZ11 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage