Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread #3

7 août 2022 à 15 h 39
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: MatthewsFan
As in you don’t believe me?

No, just the opposite-I completely agree, the 😭😭😭 is because you said "everyone with a 1st rounder next year will get a special player"-and the Lightning don't have a 1st rounder thanks to the Hagel trade (hence the crying)

(That's why I bolded the words "everyone with a 1st rounder" when I quoted your post)
EsoYeezus69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
7 août 2022 à 15 h 42
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
No, just the opposite-I completely agree, the 😭😭😭 is because you said "everyone with a 1st rounder next year will get a special player"-and the Lightning don't have a 1st rounder thanks to the Hagel trade (hence the crying)

(That's why I bolded the words "everyone with a 1st rounder" when I quoted your post)

Lost in translation, my bad.

To think about all the talent at the Hlinka and Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, Dvorsky, Carlsson, Danielson, the whole USNTDP, and Russia wasn’t even there 😂.
A_Habs_fan, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 18 h 3
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
I really like the way some of the smaller hockey nations are growing now. There’s some real talent and better depth coming along for many of these nations, which hasn’t really been seen for a few years. I would argue Switzerland (with Meier, Josi, Fiala, Hischier, etc. and some solid depth) has been the model for this, but now we’re finally seeing a much-needed injection of high-end youth into several other nations. For example:

Germany:
Established: Draisaitl
Future: Stutzle, Seider, Peterka
Depth: Reichel, Lutz

Czechia:
Established: Pastrnak, Hertl, Vrana, Zacha, Hronek
Future: Jiricek, Necas, Sale
Depth: Chytil, Hamara, Svozil, Kaut, Jenik, Kulich, Sapovaliv, Mysak, Dostal, Novak

and finally, and arguably most notably, Slovakia:
Established: Tatar, Cernak
Future: Slafkovsky, Nemec, Dvorsky
Depth: Mesar, Sykora, Petrovsky, Ciernik, Knazko, Fehervary, Ruzicka, Chromiak

I will say Czechia has generally been solid for a long time, but guys like Jiricek and Sale could inject more talent than they’ve had in a while (generally Czech stars are steals when compared to their draft position, even Pasta was taken in the late 1st, these guys are making noise prior to their draft). Germany is probably the best they’ve ever been if a best on best tournament was to happen tomorrow, and will likely make noise at the next Olympics. Slovakia is poised to have their best team, if not ever, then certainly since the double Marian days. Slafkovsky, Nemec, and Dvorsky are studs, and guys like Mesar and Ciernik provide very good similar-aged depth. Not long down the line they’ll be a worrisome team to face. I think the next Olympics will be very interesting, and while we normally see an upset or a few close games, I think there will be more of those because some of these middle of the pack teams have improved a lot. No longer do they need to try to win on the backs of their no-name goalie playing the game of his life and everybody else blocking 12 shots each, they’ve got some legitimate talent to counterattack with coming up through the prospect pipeline.
yikes et zk97 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 18 h 27
Dave Keon Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 121
Quoting: Alfie11
I really like the way some of the smaller hockey nations are growing now. There’s some real talent and better depth coming along for many of these nations, which hasn’t really been seen for a few years. I would argue Switzerland (with Meier, Josi, Fiala, Hischier, etc. and some solid depth) has been the model for this, but now we’re finally seeing a much-needed injection of high-end youth into several other nations. For example:

Germany:
Established: Draisaitl
Future: Stutzle, Seider, Peterka
Depth: Reichel, Lutz

Czechia:
Established: Pastrnak, Hertl, Vrana, Zacha, Hronek
Future: Jiricek, Necas, Sale
Depth: Chytil, Hamara, Svozil, Kaut, Jenik, Kulich, Sapovaliv, Mysak, Dostal, Novak

and finally, and arguably most notably, Slovakia:
Established: Tatar, Cernak
Future: Slafkovsky, Nemec, Dvorsky
Depth: Mesar, Sykora, Petrovsky, Ciernik, Knazko, Fehervary, Ruzicka, Chromiak

I will say Czechia has generally been solid for a long time, but guys like Jiricek and Sale could inject more talent than they’ve had in a while (generally Czech stars are steals when compared to their draft position, even Pasta was taken in the late 1st, these guys are making noise prior to their draft). Germany is probably the best they’ve ever been if a best on best tournament was to happen tomorrow, and will likely make noise at the next Olympics. Slovakia is poised to have their best team, if not ever, then certainly since the double Marian days. Slafkovsky, Nemec, and Dvorsky are studs, and guys like Mesar and Ciernik provide very good similar-aged depth. Not long down the line they’ll be a worrisome team to face. I think the next Olympics will be very interesting, and while we normally see an upset or a few close games, I think there will be more of those because some of these middle of the pack teams have improved a lot. No longer do they need to try to win on the backs of their no-name goalie playing the game of his life and everybody else blocking 12 shots each, they’ve got some legitimate talent to counterattack with coming up through the prospect pipeline.

The Czechs and Slovaks are only recently catching back up to where they once were. The players they had in the Cold War days were phenomenal and that carried into the 90s. As Jagr and Hasek aged the Czechs got weaker for a while. The Slovaks were always the second fiddle. I think they’re in a better spot now than they’ve been post Cold War.

The rise of the Swiss and Germans has been the story of the last couple of decades. Those countries had essentially no impact on professional hockey for decades. I’d argue Seider can already be moved into the established category because his campaign last year was that good. Stutzle is right around the corner as well. The Swiss don’t have a Draisaitl or Seider but they have more depth with Josi and Meier leading the way
Alfie11, yikes et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 13 h 42
Ovchinnikov 137
Big fan on Nikishin’s game, hard not to see why he got a king’s random for that trade (KHL). Hard to play against

And a booming shot

CAR have a good one here, interesting to see when he will get over to NA. They are so good at drafting.
9 août 2022 à 15 h 33
Big fan on Nikishin’s game, hard not to see why he got a king’s random for that trade (KHL). Hard to play against

And a booming shot

CAR have a good one here, interesting to see when he will get over to NA. They are so good at drafting.

Didn’t he sign in the KHL until like 2027?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2022 à 16 h 14
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Alfie11
Didn’t he sign in the KHL until like 2027?

I know he had two years left on his deal before he got traded, who knows when he will come over.
9 août 2022 à 17 h 29
I know he had two years left on his deal before he got traded, who knows when he will come over.

I’m pretty sure part of the trade was that he signed a contract for a sh*tload of years. Probably won’t come over until his mid- to late-20s if he ever does.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
11 août 2022 à 15 h 5
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816

Strauss Mann is slowly becoming one of my favourite prospects - the guys going to be a joy to watch in the AHL this year.
zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2022 à 15 h 7
EklundCelebriniSmith

Nicer the most NHL jerseys - Bordeleau is going to crush the AHL in style.
zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
11 août 2022 à 15 h 14
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: yikes

Nicer the most NHL jerseys - Bordeleau is going to crush the AHL in style.

Bordeleau is starting in the AHL?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2022 à 15 h 47
Ovchinnikov 137

🙏💪
LeafsFanForSomeReason, aadoyle, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 août 2022 à 16 h 42
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Db1899
Bordeleau is starting in the AHL?

Just the way things look to be trending unless he has an unreal camp.

After some articles and self thought - it seems more like the Sharks are going to have a real young roster by the new year and start older. They just have so many NHL players signed. They’re gonna need to make changes now but If they don’t it’s probably Bordeleau cleans up his game in the AHL or demands a spot. I wouldn’t say it’s a negative it’s just the way things seems to be trending.
11 août 2022 à 20 h 18
EklundCelebriniSmith
B*dard and S** J*** aren’t allowed to be in the same sentence because I am just trying to let things happen naturally.

But my god do I hope S** J*** gets F**** O****** in 2023
SevenLeg, zk97 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
12 août 2022 à 10 h 32
EklundCelebriniSmith

To fire up our resident faceoff “denier’s”
zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 août 2022 à 10 h 33
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243

To fire up our resident faceoff “denier’s”

Rare @yikes L
12 août 2022 à 10 h 42
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Tintin
Rare yikes L

Cant spell faceoff draw without W
12 août 2022 à 10 h 42
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Cant spell faceoff draw without W

yikes is literally a science denier
12 août 2022 à 10 h 49
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Tintin
yikes is literally a science denier

ever since people started denying faceoffs the worlds went to s***. HMMMMMMMMM? Cult maybe??

change my mind.
12 août 2022 à 11 h 14
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
B*dard and S** J*** aren’t allowed to be in the same sentence because I am just trying to let things happen naturally.

But my god do I hope S** J*** gets F**** O****** in 2023

Bedard and San Jose aren’t allowed to be in the same sentence because I am just trying to let things happen naturally.

But my god do I hope San Jose gets First Overall in 2023
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Tintin, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
12 août 2022 à 12 h 58
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Devil

?
12 août 2022 à 13 h 25
Speak of the Devil
Bedard and San Jose aren’t allowed to be in the same sentence because I am just trying to let things happen naturally.

But my god do I hope San Jose gets First Overall in 2023

@yikes
12 août 2022 à 13 h 35
EklundCelebriniSmith
yikes

Yeah what’s up
12 août 2022 à 13 h 36
Speak of the Devil
Yeah what’s up

E1D0CwPVgAIDIEk?format=jpg&name=medium
zk97 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
12 août 2022 à 13 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
E1D0CwPVgAIDIEk?format=jpg&name=medium

Woulda been cool to see Jim in teal. Wasn’t very good tho.
zk97, A_Habs_fan, Tintin and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage