SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread #3

29 juin 2022 à 17 h 45
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Carry on your thoughts of this year's boy-auction and the fruits of previous drafts.
zk97, yikes, AndrewLadd and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 18 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Jordan Dumais is gonna be this year’s Johnny Gaudreau
Remus, Sharkie69 et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 18 h 13
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Quoting: Alfie11
Jordan Dumais is gonna be this year’s Johnny Gaudreau

He could, we’ll see, this draft has some good small guys, Savoie, Firkus, Hutson, Dumais
TZ11, Remus, nickthehabsfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 21 h 32
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
San Jose Sharks

Frank Seravalli offered. “I’ve talked to some people who have interviewed, they say [owner Hasso Plattner is] delusional. He wants this team to be competitive. There’s no retool, no rebuild.

“Right from the hop, it’s how quickly can we make it back to the playoffs right now? What moves can you make this summer to get us there?

“That’s actually what scared a bunch of people off from the position.”

San Jose Hockey Now mentioned last Friday that Plattner is very much a part of the GM search. I’ve heard that the 78-year-old Plattner, in part because of his advanced age, is the driving force behind the Sharks organization’s unwillingness to rebuild.”

Pain.
zk97, SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 22 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,883
Modifié 29 juin 2022 à 23 h 12
Quoting: yikes
San Jose Sharks

Frank Seravalli offered. “I’ve talked to some people who have interviewed, they say [owner Hasso Plattner is] delusional. He wants this team to be competitive. There’s no retool, no rebuild.

“Right from the hop, it’s how quickly can we make it back to the playoffs right now? What moves can you make this summer to get us there?

“That’s actually what scared a bunch of people off from the position.”

San Jose Hockey Now mentioned last Friday that Plattner is very much a part of the GM search. I’ve heard that the 78-year-old Plattner, in part because of his advanced age, is the driving force behind the Sharks organization’s unwillingness to rebuild.”

Pain.

Its like the owner is experiencing grief but is stuck at the Denial stage

Rather than go for a rebuild hes gonna keep the sharks in purgatory where they are to good to tank but not good enough to full on compete
zk97, yikes et Tiggazoo a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 12
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,487
I usually adore Corey Pronman, but Shane Wright going 4th (SEA) in his mock draft is definitely something.
A_Habs_fan, MatthewsFan, zk97 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 16
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: SevenLeg
I usually adore Corey Pronman, but Shane Wright going 4th (SEA) in his mock draft is definitely something.

Idk other the past couple months I've grown stale on this draft. I honestly think 2021 is going to be a better class (my hot take).

I don't think Wright will be a top 5 player in the class either. I think Nemec and Jiricek are both going to be top 5 players in the class - Slaf will be if he isn't rushed into the NHL this year,
Idk - 2021 is a far better class IMHO. I could wind up being dead wrong but eh.
Saskleaf, Remus et Shorkz a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 20
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,487
Idk other the past couple months I've grown stale on this draft. I honestly think 2021 is going to be a better class (my hot take).

I don't think Wright will be a top 5 player in the class either. I think Nemec and Jiricek are both going to be top 5 players in the class - Slaf will be if he isn't rushed into the NHL this year,
Idk - 2021 is a far better class IMHO. I could wind up being dead wrong but eh.

I just have that gut feeling that Wright is gonna prove so many people wrong. Like low top 10 center in his peak. Just my opinion tho
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et Remus a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,883
Modifié 30 juin 2022 à 13 h 31
https://twitter.com/brigstew86/status/1542311590204145665?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

His progress has come along way. Still has work to do but I could see him becoming an NHL Dman with time

Congrats Villeneuve for the Memorial Cup
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 23
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: SevenLeg
I just have that gut feeling that Wright is gonna prove so many people wrong. Like low top 10 center in his peak. Just my opinion tho

Don’t think your wrong for having that take.
It’s more likely then him being a 3C based on his toolbox.

I’m just a guy who likes flash in the pan; and he’s got little imo.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 32
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Carry on your thoughts of this year's boy-auction and the fruits of previous drafts.

Boy auction 💀
yikes, A_Habs_fan, BeterChiarelli and 3 others a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

He doesn't currently have a Liiga deal and his destination for next season is still unknown.
Db1899, AndrewLadd, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 14
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Quoting: MatthewsFan

He doesn't currently have a Liiga deal and his destination for next season is still unknown.

I think most teams would prefer he play in the WHL, if hes selected by the islanders I think he'd play in the AHL. As long as he gets out of liiga he should be good.
yikes, MatthewsFan, AndrewLadd and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 18
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899
I think most teams would prefer he play in the WHL, if hes selected by the islanders I think he'd play in the AHL. As long as he gets out of liiga he should be good.

I don't believe SEA makes this trade without knowing something. I think he will play for them next year.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 21
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932

Future career islander and hall of famer and Stanley cup champion and hart trophy winner
Db1899, MatthewsFan et yikes a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 21
I don't believe SEA makes this trade without knowing something. I think he will play for them next year.

definitely possible , but there are conditions on the high picks. I think the WHL is the best option for his development, I just think some teams might want him in the AHL.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 22
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Future career islander and hall of famer and Stanley cup champion and hart trophy winner

Dufour-Raty-Lambert huff
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 25
Ovchinnikov 137
definitely possible , but there are conditions on the high picks. I think the WHL is the best option for his development, I just think some teams might want him in the AHL.

I honestly kinda feel for him. The spotlight will be shinning on him so hard once he plays in NA. He either comes over and dominates the WHL or doesn't and has all the questions scouts have on him follow for another year. Don't envy that
yikes a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 29
I honestly kinda feel for him. The spotlight will be shinning on him so hard once he plays in NA. He either comes over and dominates the WHL or doesn't and has all the questions scouts have on him follow for another year. Don't envy that

I think he'll thrive in Seattle with better linemates and a more offensive system. He's one of the best transition players over the last 3-4 drafts, liiga was a terrible fit for him.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 32
Ovchinnikov 137
I think he'll thrive in Seattle with better linemates and a more offensive system. He's one of the best transition players over the last 3-4 drafts, liiga was a terrible fit for him.

I agree, IMO his game is better suited to the NA game, just don't envy the pressure that will be on him.
yikes et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 36
EklundCelebriniSmith
NHL
Predictions from a rando on the top 16 - heres my take on these players. FEEL FREE TO DICUSS NOT HARD STUCK ON ANYTHING!
(USING BOBBY MARGARITA'S RANKS)

1 Juraj Slafkovsky TPS (SM Liiga Jr.) - Who I would select first overall. Slap in the AHL and let him cook.
2nd Line PWF, think he'll achieve that. Chance for best in class imo.

2 Shane Wright Kingston (OHL) - think he'll be a bonafide 2C, like a Cirelli (just a guy you need in your top6 to win).
2C 200ft player, I think he should also not be rushed into the NHL.

3 Logan Cooley USA U-18 (USHL) - don't got much on Cooley, just hasn't stood out to me
middle 6 player for sure though I'd say.

4 Simon Nemec Nitra (SVK) - Could go 1st tbh.
Think he or Jiri will be a top pairing D, Chance for best in class.

5 Cutter Gauthier USA U-18 (USHL) - really like Cutter, Bob has him quite high, I'd like him in teal
3C with 2C upside, def think he could become the best "power center" of the class

6 David Jiricek Plzen (CZE) - see what I said on Nemec
Chance for best in class.

7 Joakim Kemell JYP (SM Liiga) - I think he'll go 7th and thats great for OTT
Chance for best in class. Guy is a lethal threat.

8 Jonathan Lakkerimaki Djurgardens (SWE J-20) - youre happy selecting Lekki 8+
Legitimate chance at being a 30g+ scorer

9 Matt Savoie Winnipeg (WHL) - high end potential, I mean real high
Savoie down here is a steal. Hindsight does not matter - this is a great pick even if it doesnt pan out

10 Marco Kasper Rögle (SHL) - Him and Cutter have flown up the ranks, I like him at 10
middle 6 C with a good probability of making it

11 Kevin Korchinski Seattle (WHL) - for the love of god I do not want him as a SJS selection
Probably a top4D tho if he lands right and develops on his flaws

12 Pavel Mintyukov Saginaw (OHL) - see above

13 Conor Geekie Winnipeg (WHL) - I guess your very happy with Geekie here but I think hes a bottom 6C with upside
Has potential to be a top 6 C, cant go wrong

14 Danila Yurov Magnitogorsk (KHL) - Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
I think he will hit, top 6 winger with 1st line potential as he's got it all at 200ft, Chance for best in class.

15 Frank Nazar USA U-18 (USHL) - Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
Add some size (similar to Eklunds case in 2021) and I think he'll devleop nicely. Top6 potential, cant go wrong with him past 10

16 Brad Lambert JYP (SM Liiga)- Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
Huge wildcard but he's got potential. I see him being similar to Raty or JP. Probably high end middle 6 player but has best in class potential..
MatthewsFan, AndrewLadd, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 48
Ovchinnikov 137
NHL
Predictions from a rando on the top 16 - heres my take on these players. FEEL FREE TO DICUSS NOT HARD STUCK ON ANYTHING!
(USING BOBBY MARGARITA'S RANKS)

1 Juraj Slafkovsky TPS (SM Liiga Jr.) - Who I would select first overall. Slap in the AHL and let him cook.
2nd Line PWF, think he'll achieve that. Chance for best in class imo.

2 Shane Wright Kingston (OHL) - think he'll be a bonafide 2C, like a Cirelli (just a guy you need in your top6 to win).
2C 200ft player, I think he should also not be rushed into the NHL.

3 Logan Cooley USA U-18 (USHL) - don't got much on Cooley, just hasn't stood out to me
middle 6 player for sure though I'd say.

4 Simon Nemec Nitra (SVK) - Could go 1st tbh.
Think he or Jiri will be a top pairing D, Chance for best in class.

5 Cutter Gauthier USA U-18 (USHL) - really like Cutter, Bob has him quite high, I'd like him in teal
3C with 2C upside, def think he could become the best "power center" of the class

6 David Jiricek Plzen (CZE) - see what I said on Nemec
Chance for best in class.

7 Joakim Kemell JYP (SM Liiga) - I think he'll go 7th and thats great for OTT
Chance for best in class. Guy is a lethal threat.

8 Jonathan Lakkerimaki Djurgardens (SWE J-20) - youre happy selecting Lekki 8+
Legitimate chance at being a 30g+ scorer

9 Matt Savoie Winnipeg (WHL) - high end potential, I mean real high
Savoie down here is a steal. Hindsight does not matter - this is a great pick even if it doesnt pan out

10 Marco Kasper Rögle (SHL) - Him and Cutter have flown up the ranks, I like him at 10
middle 6 C with a good probability of making it

11 Kevin Korchinski Seattle (WHL) - for the love of god I do not want him as a SJS selection
Probably a top4D tho if he lands right and develops on his flaws

12 Pavel Mintyukov Saginaw (OHL) - see above

13 Conor Geekie Winnipeg (WHL) - I guess your very happy with Geekie here but I think hes a bottom 6C with upside
Has potential to be a top 6 C, cant go wrong

14 Danila Yurov Magnitogorsk (KHL) - Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
I think he will hit, top 6 winger with 1st line potential as he's got it all at 200ft, Chance for best in class.

15 Frank Nazar USA U-18 (USHL) - Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
Add some size (similar to Eklunds case in 2021) and I think he'll devleop nicely. Top6 potential, cant go wrong with him past 10

16 Brad Lambert JYP (SM Liiga)- Big fan, would consider at 11 if Lekki, Kemell, Kasper, Cutter are gone
Huge wildcard but he's got potential. I see him being similar to Raty or JP. Probably high end middle 6 player but has best in class potential..

This is not how I see it playing out in the draft but my Rankings for the top 16 would go:
1. Shane Wright
2. David Jiricek
3. Frank Nazar
4. Logan Cooley
5. Simon Nemec
6. Juraj Slafkovsky
7. Danila Yurov
8. Pavel Mintyukov
9. Matthew Savoie
10. Denton Mateychuk
11. Gleb Trikozov
12. Joakim Kemell
13. Liam Öhgren
14. Jonathan Lekkerimäki
15. Filip Mesar
16. Calle Odelius

Hope to have my final rankings out this weekend.
30 juin 2022 à 14 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
This is not how I see it playing out in the draft but my Rankings for the top 16 would go:
1. Shane Wright
2. David Jiricek
3. Frank Nazar
4. Logan Cooley
5. Simon Nemec
6. Juraj Slafkovsky
7. Danila Yurov
8. Pavel Mintyukov
9. Matthew Savoie
10. Denton Mateychuk
11. Gleb Trikozov
12. Joakim Kemell
13. Liam Öhgren
14. Jonathan Lekkerimäki
15. Filip Mesar
16. Calle Odelius

Hope to have my final rankings out this weekend.

I gave up on doing rankings lol, I burnt out hard on scouting during like this past month, ended up with 38 players who had a final report before my GM Game draft started, I’m now at 60 and the GM Game draft is almost done, at this point, I give up lol. At least I know the top players
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 15 h 6
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I gave up on doing rankings lol, I burnt out hard on scouting during like this past month, ended up with 38 players who had a final report before my GM Game draft started, I’m now at 60 and the GM Game draft is almost done, at this point, I give up lol. At least I know the top players

I am looking forward to how MTL uses their picks (trading up?) what type of players they select, with all those picks.

I just hope the Leafs can add a few more. Will make it more exciting
30 juin 2022 à 15 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,632
Hey nerds

I looked at McKenzie rankings since 2014 and I analyzed how close his ranking was compared to the actual draft.

My findings :

For the 1st round, there's an average of 4 ranking difference from McKenzie ranking and the actual pick (I only excluded big reach, that means 3 players outside of his top ~80-100 : Tracey, Chinahkov & Allen).

Also, there's nearly half (46% to be exact) of the players he ranked that were selected inside 2 rankings (+ or - 2)

The closest to reality he got was in 2016 : only 3 players were above/below 5 rankings difference from his ranking that year (and all late 1st picks)

So take a close look to his ranking, because that's most likely how it will pan out
yikes a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage