Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 juin 2022 à 16 h 31
Trade confirmed: Los Angeles Kings - Minnesota Wild
Détails de la transaction
Les Kings de Los Angeles font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
Kevin Fiala · 0 $0 $0 $ (Droits de signature)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: 0 $
Les Wild du Minnesota font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
Brock Faber · 0 $0 $0 $ (LAH/JR) (Droits de signature)
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (LAK - #19 - Liam Öhgren)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
TheFlamesFanatic25 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 33
Skedn
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 96
Pretty fair deal. Really like it for LA.
TheFlamesFanatic25, nf9, OldNYIfan and 5 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 34
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Leverage: In negotiation, leverage is the power that one side of a negotiation has to influence the other side to move closer to their negotiating position. A party's leverage is based on its ability to award benefits or impose costs on the other side. (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(negotiation))

Wild fans, take note.
Devil, DirtyDangle, ForsbergForVezina and 6 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 34
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,380
Florida spent 28th overall and Devon Levi on Sam Reinhart.

LA spent 19th overall and Brock Faber on Kevin Fiala.

It's as fair as you can get.

Vote fair deal.
BeterChiarelli, AndrewLadd, TheFlamesFanatic25 and 12 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 35
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Another top line winger not traded/signed to the islanders

3D3NRahMLB.jpeg
OldNYIfan, Tarlam01, yikes and 7 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
Insane deal for LA, and I like Faber a lot. Gotta imagine Fiala was cool on the idea of an extension with other teams, which probably hurt the return ultimately.
TheFlamesFanatic25, OldNYIfan, TheBoyDuddus and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 36
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913

Elliotte breaking trades 1 minute before they happen lol
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 36
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
LA wins, they get a 1st line forward for only Faber and 19, admittedly, Minny does have a cap crunch so leverage wasn’t really there but it’s still amazing for LA
TheFlamesFanatic25, OldNYIfan, TheBoyDuddus and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 37
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Me looking at LA's forward group

tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gif
Civil_Eng_PE, Pond_Duck, OldNYIfan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 39
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 331
I'm not a fan of this for the wild, Fiala is a ppg guy and he gets traded for a mid 1st and Faber. I'm not familiar with Faber, but they had to get something else back to salvage this deal. I love this for the Kings, a perfect player for a true playoff push this season. LA wins but it's not a fleece imo.
TheFlamesFanatic25, OldNYIfan, Hurricanes_WPG and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 783
How firm did the handshake get after the trade? Did they respect each other when they shook hands?
CEO a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 41
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
I_m_Fine.0.jpg

It's okay tho, Johnny Hockey is coming to Jersey
OldNYIfan, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 42
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
the wild put themselves in cap hell so i guess this is the best they could do. nice job la for taking advantage of it.
Tintin, TheFlamesFanatic25, Bruins1054_gmb and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 47
couldnt afford 2nd t
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 430
Freidman reported that Fiala signed a 7 year 7.9M extension as part of the trade. I'd imagine that is the reason why Ottawa did not pull the trigger. They easily could have beat this package. I am not familiar with Faber, but anecdotally he is listed as somewhere between 6th-10th on most Kings prospect rankings from earlier this season. Safe to say it was 19th and a B Prospect who is probably ready to jump to the NHL soon. That will be important for the Wild, because they have a rough cap situation and will need ELCs who can play.

With that said, the Wild could be high on Faber and see him as a potential top 4 RHD. The Kings prospect pool is very deep. So he'd probably be a top 5 prospect on some other teams.

Given the context, Minnesota could have done worse. They certainly didn't hit a home run, but this is somewhere in the vicinity of what a player 1 year away from free agency is going to go for. Teams never get full value.

LA did good if you believe Fiala is a star. They take on a lot of risk with the trade because they had to give him a big UFA type contract. The risk is high especially if he has signing bonuses that make him buyout proof and trade protection. I guess you could argue that half way through the contract, the cap is going to shoot way up, and 7.9 million 4 years from now might be the same as 5 or 6 million today.
Civil_Eng_PE, OldNYIfan, TheFlamesFanatic25 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 48
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,863
LA is going to be so good...
DirtyDangle, OldNYIfan, TheFlamesFanatic25 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 55
couldnt afford 2nd t
Quoting: Sparkyboi_GoCanes
I'm not a fan of this for the wild, Fiala is a ppg guy and he gets traded for a mid 1st and Faber. I'm not familiar with Faber, but they had to get something else back to salvage this deal. I love this for the Kings, a perfect player for a true playoff push this season. LA wins but it's not a fleece imo.

The time to trade Fiala and get a big return was last year. They chose to keep him. Maybe they shopped him, and didn't like the outcome.

They already have a winger making 9 million in Kaprizov. They are operating in an insane position because they have between 13-15 million of dead cap on the books for each of the next 3 seasons. The only other team with that much restriction in spending that is trying to win (and not rebuilding) is maybe the Senators who in the past have had a real money budget in the high 60s/low 70s. So they are in elite company there. They cannot afford to spend more money on wingers, and they need ELC talent to come in and play now.

They were dealing from an insane position of weakness. They had to take the best offer. They got a first, and a player who (I know nothing about) but anecdotally based on what other people who have seen him have written, should play on their bottom pairing soon. Given the crappy situation they are in, that is an acceptable return.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 56
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,441
Wasn't Faber 100% untouchable? Not a knock on anyone, just curious about what those Kings fans think of the deal.
OldNYIfan et drambui a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 58
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
I'm not a fan of Fiala track record and rebuilding teams jumping the gun. Price paid and Fiala's contract is going to hurt down the line.
HolyJumpin81 et RawDeal a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 16 h 59
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Quoting: budgeteam
The time to trade Fiala and get a big return was last year. They chose to keep him. Maybe they shopped him, and didn't like the outcome.

They already have a winger making 9 million in Kaprizov. They are operating in an insane position because they have between 13-15 million of dead cap on the books for each of the next 3 seasons. The only other team with that much restriction in spending that is trying to win (and not rebuilding) is maybe the Senators who in the past have had a real money budget in the high 60s/low 70s. So they are in elite company there. They cannot afford to spend more money on wingers, and they need ELC talent to come in and play now.

They were dealing from an insane position of weakness. They had to take the best offer. They got a first, and a player who (I know nothing about) but anecdotally based on what other people who have seen him have written, should play on their bottom pairing soon. Given the crappy situation they are in, that is an acceptable return.

that's all fair, but it's the wild's fault for putting their selves in that situation. They should've got a bigger return, but at the end of the day it's whatever.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 3
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,577
Tremendous deal for Los Angeles. And giving up Faber (a Minnesota boy born and bred) may turn out to be better than giving up Alex Turcotte and Helge Grans together, which is the package I kept offering.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 3
couldnt afford 2nd t
Quoting: Sparkyboi_GoCanes
that's all fair, but it's the wild's fault for putting their selves in that situation. They should've got a bigger return, but at the end of the day it's whatever.

They are in the situation based on two contracts that were signed in 2012, 3 GMs ago, and 2 CBAs ago. There is no reasonable or realistic way to blame their management for those buyouts. They were going to have dead cap either way either through an eventual cap recapture penalty, or a buyout.

I cannot see a reasonable way they could keep Fiala. They basically have a cap ceiling of 68-70 million.
oneX et futurehofer a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 4
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
Don’t really understand this for Minnesota. Sure they are in salary cap hell, but sad to see a star like Fiala leave. Win for LA imo, just because they get fiala in his prime. Huge 85 point season he is coming off of. Look for the kings to do damage next season!
TheFlamesFanatic25 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 9
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Given that MIN had little chance of keeping Fiala due to the Parise/Suter buyouts, I feel that this is about as good as they could have hoped for. They get a 1st+a really promising young defenseman in Faber for a player that was likely on his way out as it was. Very good move by both teams.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,101
Valuewise, the trade is fair, but I think the Kings are going to come to regret trading Faber. I think he'll eventually be a $9M+ two-way defenseman.
29 juin 2022 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 294
Fair deal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage