Forums/Armchair-GM

Full rebuild and cus WPG fans are so impatient - have a serviceable team

Créé par: Mr_Nick_Ber
Équipe: 2022-23 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 27 juin 2022
Publié: 28 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
TNE needs a lot of changes to how this team works, plays, and is managed.

"Tanking" is a strong word. I'd prefer to say they are taking a year off and fielding a chaotic team that can be sold to ticket holders and billing it as an unpredictable year with a lot of new and exciting players.

Firstly, I know this team is bad thats really the point, no better year for that to be the case than for the 2022-2023 season for obvious reasons. No team is going to give any first from that draft year that aren't protected and thus further delaying the upwards trajectory of any team (namely the jets) who are tanking. So I've opted to pick up players who, if you advance their careers based on current outlooks, would have the making of a very good group all the while hopefully picking up a few UFA's who you can overpay (because it's Winnipeg) with all that cap space when the time comes to push things into being more competitive as well as hopefully finding some other talented goalies along the way.

Second - missing colorado's natural window would be best for every team in the central.

Lastly - The Organization will have a death grip on the idea of what the team was in 2018. It's far from that team for so many reasons. They really need to start running the team like a business which means making some hard decisions. Decisions like not giving contracts to anyone who has ever lived here that could also be said to have played in the NHL. Decisions like treating all players will a level of objectivity and moving on from ones who are operating above the team and not for the team. Decisions like not handing the keys over to the most charismatic coach and basically refusing to let him go despite losing promising players. And decisions like keeping Charlie Huddy as your defensive coach for 11 years and having some of the worst defensive results through that entire span like jesus christ he must have photos of Chipman or something. There really is no other excuse for that kind of unbridled commitment to something that is clearly hurting the club.

The most important thing in my eyes is building a robust hockey ops staff that can be the reason players want to play here. A real edge that they have over other teams. Development, analytics, a coaching staff that knows how to use these systems to benefit the players as well.

Let go of the past and embrace modernity.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
17 500 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
1900 000 $
21 250 000 $
2875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
54 500 000 $
43 700 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Barron, Justin
  3. Dvorak, Christian
  4. Guhle, Kaiden
Détails additionnels:
Armia is well regarded by the organization and fans and his underachieving shouldn't matter given a rebuild, but good for the odd impressive goal and certainly serviceable. If he is believed to be a cap dump/late-round pick candidate I'm sold.

Dvorak to fill a need at center in the wake of PLD

Barron because the organization needs silly things to entice players to stick around like being related to other players on the team because that's seemingly easier than hiring better hockey ops and training staff.

Guhle is apparently ready to play in the league in some regard and there is plenty of room for ELC on this barely passable ship I'm building.
MTL
  1. Dillon, Brenden
  2. Dubois, Pierre-Luc
  3. Heinola, Ville
  4. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Dubois has allegedly told teammates that he wants to play in Montreal, he was in Montreal hours after his exit interview. This trade is under the assumption that a long term 7-8 year deal presumably between 8-9.5mil is determined. He is worth that in my opinion and if the jets could have signed him to that term and AAV I'd have been thrilled, but alas we have some unf**king to do in many different places.

Ville is good and the teams (mostly the former coaches) mismanagement has not ruined this player. The lack of a leash to make mistakes and not be scratched was too tight for someone with his potential and creativity. You gotta give to get and I just feel he would do better with a new organization that hasn't wasted a year of his life. If Guhle was ready to make the jump I'd say Ville is right there as well and shouldn't miss a beat.

Dillon is solid and there isn't a NMC.

All of this jumpstarts the rebuild behind Suzuki and PLD down the middle. I'm sure the money is tricky for MTL but hell - you get the best player by a wide margin here and if you can't make a plan around that no trade will fix that team.
WPG
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
I've seen this trade a number of times, I think a 4th is the highest the Jets would get but the specific pick doesn't matter so swap it as you see fit.
DET
  1. Schmidt, Nate
Détails additionnels:
Schmidty is good, and didn't disappoint in his role and was also a great team guy which was clearly needed. I'm sorry that Paul Stastny sold you on this team having its shit together.
WPG
  1. Blackwood, Mackenzie
  2. Mercer, Dawson
Détails additionnels:
I think Mercer is very good, potentially very very good. I recognize he's part of the identity going forward. But I would assume he would fall lower than Hughes, Hischier in the middle and the wings are seemingly very deep, especially with adding Slafkovsky, I've been reading that this is the biggest need and they feel the rest of the club is poised to make strides to and into the post season - Helly opens the window now. I would say this is an overpay, filling a direct need, taking from a position of strength while also contributing to the future of Jersey. This is under the assumption that Mercer could have a very high ceiling but at the very least he seems to give a sh*t which fills a positional need in WPG.

Blackwood can play in net.
NJD
  1. Hellebuyck, Connor
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
He single handily kept management and the rest of the team feeling like they were much more competitive than they actually were. He was still 17th in GSAA with little to know help not to mention other off-ice distractions that are not likely to be an issue going forward. He is well worth the investment for two years at a very reasonable AAV and honestly does most of the work some nights if the young core isn't clipping.
WPG
  1. Formenton, Alex [Droits de RFA]
  2. Hamonic, Travis
  3. Pinto, Shane
Détails additionnels:
Let's be honest, Ottawa is dumb. This team could do a lot worse and you all know it. Management seems to think the rebuild is over and if that's true then I think insulating the core with some proven players is worth trading some players with upside that are more than likely playing a depth role over the next two years.

Stuzel, Norris, Tkachuk, and The Bathman are all very good and need to have some experience and complementary skills to bolster the group.
OTT
  1. Harkins, Jansen
  2. Scheifele, Mark
  3. Wheeler, Blake
Détails additionnels:
Oh boy - Let's start with the good. Scheifele is quite good. I think he has many years left in the NHL some noteworthy details of his offensive game that translate well to most teams such as extremely good board play, vision for making passes and a very quick shot with a deceptive release. I really do think that he will continue to be a very effective player putting up 60+ well into his 30's.

Wheeler is a gamer - he has a lot of compete and really played very well coming into the end of the year and if he isn't "THE RW" on a team I and doesn't insist on loggin 1:30 min shifts I think his performance will rise even further. His best attributes are the forecheck and passing ultimately so I really think no matter where he goes if he is used as the player he is right now and not the player he was - he would make a huge impact.

Harkins is a solid depth player who I like - I'm just trying to do something here.

The bad - Scheifele in 2017 would lay down on barbed wire for his teammates, he was out to prove his place on the team and certainly couldn't be consider a lazy defensive player, perhaps not a great one. Lots has been said about his lack of backchecking and some very noticeable puck watching in hopes of a turnover to go the other way. I attribute the change over the years to the coaching staff giving him the lions share of the OZ starts and as much PP time as possible each and every game. Over time his priorities changed and how he viewed his worth did as well. His relationship with the Jets has clearly been strained by this and while I could honestly see him staying and simply changing his mindset to one of being team first. An alternative is to put him on a team where he isn't the only guy looked at to score down the middle and still having assignments against top opponents. He's a lot better than he has been playing for the Jets and the sens top 6 looks pretty impressive with him in it.

Wheeler - He wouldn't be THE voice in the room and just A voice in the room. The toxicity that's referenced is a reaction to his style. I think if less is asked of him he would honestly flourish. He's a hell of a captain. His contract is, unfortunately, paying him for the player he was (with a little loyalty sweetener) but has shown he can still make plays.

All said, I think the sens core and these two Jets specifically would do better to spread out the workload through and 82 game season.

Sens also have enough room for other ads to compliment this group and gives them a much more competitive two-year window which is much too soon but probably bridges the gap till the team sells to better ownership and/or Melnyk dies.
WPG
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de ARI
Logo de DET
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $62 969 524 $0 $3 682 500 $19 530 476 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
C
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 juin 2022 à 2 h 59
Mr.
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,232
Modifié 28 juin 2022 à 3 h 6
It wouldn't hurt to make a little research on the other partner's need in a trade, habs traded a fan favorite lehkonen to get a much much much needed RHD prospect barron, so just like you have an organizational need for him habs do too, you know who the habs don't habe an organizational need for ? Yes, you guessed right... it's PLD
Campabee et Burnout a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 3 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141
4.5M for Rodrigues? Wow that's a lot
28 juin 2022 à 3 h 34
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,250
Personally I think it’s option a and double down on current roster, and move some cap and add another weapon in top 6, or option b and attempt to add as many draftpicks as possible, and tear it right back to the studs. I’m guessing they go option c and see what they got with new coach and not rush into anything til next trade deadline/draft and off season, and every guy with a year left is on the block, depending on where they sit in standings.
Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 4 h 26
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,572
Devils accept. It stings to lose Mercer like that but you can't pass that up.
28 juin 2022 à 4 h 57
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,248
Quoting: pretzelcoatl

Disagree.
Devils won’t be winning any cups with (or without) Helly for the duration of his contract.
Devils may win multiple cups with Mercer in the lineup over the following decade however.

OP presented a fair trade but I dont think this is a fit for the Devils.
Would pull the trigger on it if Mercer is swapped out for NJD 2023 1st and the WPG 1st is removed in its entirety.
Not sure WPG would go with that tho.
28 juin 2022 à 6 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,466
Ott declines, not interested in any way on wheeler or sherif, ott would want ehlers and or kyle
28 juin 2022 à 7 h 7
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,389
Montreal declines quite easily, we have no use for Heinola or Dillon and basically 3 1sts + is too much to pay for a guy that 1. We can sign for free in 2 years time 2. Is rumored to only be willing to sign long term with Montreal.
28 juin 2022 à 7 h 19
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
yea no to Diva Dubois. Winnipeg has a big problem there. At least you are not as ridiculous as a lot of fans that ask for Caufield and Suzuki but Guhle is pretty well regarded. We're dumping essentially a possible top pair of Guhle-Barron for Niemela, Armia/Dillon wash, then Dvorak for PLD when he seems to want to sign here for free AND PLD would ruin the tank, most likely. This is a win now move that a contender should make NOT Montreal.
28 juin 2022 à 7 h 39
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,023
First off - thanks for taking the time to explain your trades. Even if I don't agree with all your deals, it helps to see your perspective.

So for the Habs deal - you made it way too complicated. The Habs would probably really consider Dubois for Guhle & Dvorak (regardless of how high everyone is on Guhle, PLD is exactly what this team needs and it's normal to trade a top prospect for a player of his Caliber). There is zero chance they trade Barron though. Other than Logan Mailloux... They have zero RD prospects so Barron needs to stay in MTL.

Wright will take the 2C spot but PLD can play LW which is where the Habs could slot him in and he can move back to Center based on injuries.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 7 h 45
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,023
Quoting: SMH
It wouldn't hurt to make a little research on the other partner's need in a trade, habs traded a fan favorite lehkonen to get a much much much needed RHD prospect barron, so just like you have an organizational need for him habs do too, you know who the habs don't habe an organizational need for ? Yes, you guessed right... it's PLD

PLD is actually the perfect LW to play with Suzuki & Caufield. He would also slot in well on a line with Wright and Anderson.

Habs could really use Dubois ... Especially if they can't sign any UFAs like Burakovsky...
28 juin 2022 à 8 h 51
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,389
Quoting: jonh514
First off - thanks for taking the time to explain your trades. Even if I don't agree with all your deals, it helps to see your perspective.

So for the Habs deal - you made it way too complicated. The Habs would probably really consider Dubois for Guhle & Dvorak (regardless of how high everyone is on Guhle, PLD is exactly what this team needs and it's normal to trade a top prospect for a player of his Caliber). There is zero chance they trade Barron though. Other than Logan Mailloux... They have zero RD prospects so Barron needs to stay in MTL.

Wright will take the 2C spot but PLD can play LW which is where the Habs could slot him in and he can move back to Center based on injuries.

It's too much to pay for a guy who wants to sign long term with only Montreal. Why pay the equivalent of 3 or even 2 1sts + for a guy who if you wait on and build out the rest of your team, you don't have to give up assets in 2 years time? That is bad asset management.
28 juin 2022 à 8 h 54
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Montreal isn't a contender over the next couple of years and PLD already said he'll leave for FA in 2 years so why would Montreal give up two of their best prospects and a middle six center on a good contract when they can just wait? I understand that he needs to go cause it's a distraction for the team but no.
Andy_Dick, SMH et Campabee a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 10 h 0
Quoting: pretzelcoatl

Any sane Devils fan takes this trade. Getting a top5 goalie in his prime and a 1st rounder for just Dawson Mercer. Who's good but wont be a star player. Blackwood is worthless! Below 900 goalie, you can find for free.

The Devils are trying to compete, Fitz accepts easily.

OP is right, huge overpay!!
28 juin 2022 à 10 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6,973
Good golly those trades are awful for the Jets. There is no incentive for Winnipeg to take bad quantity for quality deals.
Halfy a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 10 h 3
Quoting: Campabee
It's too much to pay for a guy who wants to sign long term with only Montreal. Why pay the equivalent of 3 or even 2 1sts + for a guy who if you wait on and build out the rest of your team, you don't have to give up assets in 2 years time? That is bad asset management.

Deal is fair but it makes no sense when they are purposely tanking and moving out salary not taking more in! Especially when you consider the possibility of grabbing him for free, of course it may not happen in free agency but you take that risk because becoming a contender takes a lot to go your way. The 2023 draft is vital to this team going forward. That is why they can not trade either 1st in that draft.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
28 juin 2022 à 15 h 42
not fully
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 26
These values are so weird. Maybe it's because I'm not very high on Barron or Dvorak but that seems like a lot to give up..
Also, no thanks to Formenton when it's possible he was involved in the Hockey Canada scandal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage