Forums/Armchair-GM

My crack at fiala

Créé par: KDev
Équipe: 2022-23 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 25 juin 2022
Publié: 25 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Realistically there’s probably a better deal Minnie will receive but the point is the Devils shouldn’t be offering their 2OA, 2023 1st, Holtz and especially Mercer for Fiala.

The key piece back is Gritsyuk who is one of the devils top prospects and lit up the KHL last year, he’s got one more year on his KHL deal until he comes over and due to the cap situation of minnie, I think they are ok to wait on him. Walsh should be NHL ready and McLeod is some center depth. IMO this is very fair value going back for Fiala especially with the 2nd round pick in there as well and taking back that last year of kulikov to relieve the cap McLeod and Walsh would take up.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
77 250 000 $
76 750 000 $
23 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
2900 000 $
12 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
Transactions
NJD
MIN
  1. Gritsyuk, Arseni [Liste de réserve]
  2. McLeod, Michael
  3. Walsh, Reilly
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
NJD
    Trade one of Johnsson, Zacha or Kuok to relieve some cap pressure to anyone who’s interested or hold them till the tdl
    MIN
    Rachats de contrats
    Frais appliqués
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2282 500 000 $81 215 833 $0 $800 000 $1 284 167 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Devils du New Jersey
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 7
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    AD, C
    RFA - 2
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD
    RFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 1
    825 000 $825 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    1 825 000 $1 825 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    25 juin 2022 à 9 h 12
    n.1 Topias Vilen fan
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,569
    Swap Kulikov out for a 4th or something and that's a great deal for Jersey. Instead of Kulikov I'd try to get Bear or Puljujarvi for Zacha, and sign Lyubushkin or Subban if we don't get Bear.
    25 juin 2022 à 9 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 689
    Quoting: pretzelcoatl
    Swap Kulikov out for a 4th or something and that's a great deal for Jersey. Instead of Kulikov I'd try to get Bear or Puljujarvi for Zacha, and sign Lyubushkin or Subban if we don't get Bear.

Well the point of the trade is for Fiala and taking on the last year of kulikov to incentivize them a little more I feel is worth it but yeah obviously swapping out kulikov for a 4th is way better but I think getting that 2.25mil off the cap for Minnie is very valuable to them
    25 juin 2022 à 9 h 40
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
    Underwhelming offer for Fiala, And doubtful you get him for under 8 x 8.
    IcemanJoe a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 8
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,152
    Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
    Underwhelming offer for Fiala, And doubtful you get him for under 8 x 8.

He may get 8x$8m as free agent.
    If he gets that after trade, it’s likely the trade will be less.

If Fiala only agrees to extend with whomever is paying him $8m x 8 then Guerin has little trade leverage unless he is willing to sell him as rental. If Minnesota wants to start a bidding war on trade, Fiala would have to agree to much lower contract.

In other words, Fiala may get big trade return with team friendly contract…or Fiala may get his contract, but Minnesota will get peanuts.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 15
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
    Quoting: NHLfan10506

If Fiala only agrees to extend with whomever is paying him $8m x 8 then Guerin has little trade leverage unless he is willing to sell him as rental. If Minnesota wants to start a bidding war on trade, Fiala would have to agree to much lower contract.

In other words, Fiala may get big trade return with team friendly contract…or Fiala may get his contract, but Minnesota will get peanuts.

That's not how it works, If Fiala has 10 bidders bidding on him. It not only helps Guerin to get his offer but it also ups what Fiala will get on his contract.
    DollaBillaz, IcemanJoe et RazWild a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 21
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 122

OTT, NYI, LA, ANA, CAR, BUF, DET, etc. can all beat what's offered in this proposal and be able to find a way to afford Fiala. NJD fans are struggling to grasp the concept that Fiala will be traded for a more than decent return, not just B prospects, scraps, and second rounders. You're not the only team that will be calling.
    IcemanJoe, RazWild et Jeffrey14465 a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 35
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: DollaDollaBillKirill
    OTT, NYI, LA, ANA, CAR, BUF, DET, etc. can all beat what's offered in this proposal and be able to find a way to afford Fiala. NJD fans are struggling to grasp the concept that Fiala will be traded for a more than decent return, not just B prospects, scraps, and second rounders. You're not the only team that will be calling.

If you read the description I said they would probably find a better offer somewhere else and the main point is the devils are in no position to trade 2OA, 2023 1st, holtz etc for Fiala
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 40
    Quoting: KDev
    If you read the description I said they would probably find a better offer somewhere else and the main point is the devils are in no position to trade 2OA, 2023 1st, holtz etc for Fiala

what's the point of this ACGM then lol? if you think your "crack" at Fiala will be beaten by others teams haha.
    IcemanJoe a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 44
    Démarrer sujet
    what's the point of this ACGM then lol? if you think your "crack" at Fiala will be beaten by others teams haha.

Because I keep seeing overpayments for Fiala from both minnie and devils fans, the point is to show a realistic offer that is fair value and imo the offer I proposed is very fair value. Whether that’s beaten by another team or not was beyond the point
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 46
    Because I keep seeing overpayments for Fiala from both minnie and devils fans, the point is to show a realistic offer that is fair value and imo the offer I proposed is very fair value. Whether that’s beaten by another team or not was beyond the point

Obviously some fans may overvalue a game breaker, ppg player on their favourite team. But I mostly see Devils fans offering a ton of trash. I don't want to be mean or anything and its not deep at all, but this falls right in the trash category of a return for Fiala.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 54
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,276

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/601759?post_id=3352177

There was a lovely discussion over a possible Fiala to NJD yesterday. Reasonable discussions can be had, things get dramatic only when comments like this are made with the speculation of "Ottawa is offering #7+, NYI are offering a 1st+Räty" when there's no reason to believe that's true.
    HeadHighSauce a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 56
    Quoting: MellowK

There was a lovely discussion over a possible Fiala to NJD yesterday. Reasonable discussions can be had, things get dramatic only when comments like this are made with the speculation of "Ottawa is offering #7+, NYI are offering a 1st+Räty" when there's no reason to believe that's true.

Didn't see that. Sorry Im on exchange in Australia so I haven't been on much. Never said anything of the above, but you still cannot say that most of the NJD fan offers for Fiala are pretty near terrible. Theres too many to link.
    25 juin 2022 à 10 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    Obviously some fans may overvalue a game breaker, ppg player on their favourite team. But I mostly see Devils fans offering a ton of trash. I don't want to be mean or anything and its not deep at all, but this falls right in the trash category of a return for Fiala.

Just because you don’t know the players doesn’t mean it’s trash. Do some research first bud. Gristyuk is the devils best offensive prospect besides Holtz, and Walsh had a very good year last year, his 1st time in the ahl. 2nd Rounder is 37th OA and McLeod is C depth that Minnie probably could use not to mention eating a negative contract in Kulikov.. So yeah not trash because you are unaware of the players, fair value.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 1
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: MellowK

Never saw this surprised our deals were so close haha
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 5
    Just because you don’t know the players doesn’t mean it’s trash. Do some research first bud. Gristyuk is the devils best offensive prospect besides Holtz, and Walsh had a very good year last year, his 1st time in the ahl. 2nd Rounder is 37th OA and McLeod is C depth that Minnie probably could use not to mention eating a negative contract in Kulikov.. So yeah not trash because you are unaware of the players, fair value.

I have. The top prized asset for Fiala isn't going to be a guy that's ranked 4-5th in a teams system. Cmon. Imagine being Fitzgerald and pitching this and 37th overall to Guerin for a 85 point player. Regardless of cap situations. Guerin is on record saying he will be looking for a fair deal for both sides. Try again and start with a first rounder.
    IcemanJoe a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 44
    Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
    That's not how it works, If Fiala has 10 bidders bidding on him. It not only helps Guerin to get his offer but it also ups what Fiala will get on his contract.

No its the opposite. The more Fiala wants in contract and the more narrow he makes his list, the fewer trade partners Guerin has to work with.

If Fiala says, I will sign any offer with any team - Guerin can start a bidding war
    If Fiala says, I want 5-6 years at $5-6 million - Guerin will likely have 10 teams (maybe more) to find best trade offer
    If Fiala says, I want 7-8 years at $7-8 million - Guerin will have only a few teams to work with
    If Fiala says, I want to sign in Los Angeles (would otherwise sign QO) - Guerin will have LA and maybe a couple teams looking for a rental

The more demands Fiala has on contract, the less the Wild get in return.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 46
    I have. The top prized asset for Fiala isn't going to be a guy that's ranked 4-5th in a teams system. Cmon. Imagine being Fitzgerald and pitching this and 37th overall to Guerin for a 85 point player. Regardless of cap situations. Guerin is on record saying he will be looking for a fair deal for both sides. Try again and start with a first rounder.

2nd overall pick isn't happening. Certainly not #2oa plus a prospect. I do not know why Wild fans are so insistent on that.

Look at Buchnevich and Reinhart trades. Should be in that range unless Fiala wants his UFA year next year.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 47
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 479

MN doesn’t need a depth C. We have Ek (3rd line), Jost, and Freddie G. BG has been rumored to be looking for a means to a top 6 C prospect while he shopped Dumba over the last 2+ years. I have to believe that’s what the ask will be from BG for Fiala. We need top 6 C’s, not wings.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 54
    2nd overall pick isn't happening. Certainly not #2oa plus a prospect. I do not know why Wild fans are so insistent on that.

Look at Buchnevich and Reinhart trades. Should be in that range unless Fiala wants his UFA year next year.

I think 2OA could definitely be on the table, but it’d have to be MN adding to that package, not NJD. Still doesn’t feel like that’s happening. NJD doesn’t seem like a good fit. I think BG would want a 2023 first not that 2nd. Maybe like Thompson, 2023 first (with protections), and another smaller piece feels like a good fair deal.
    25 juin 2022 à 11 h 59
    No its the opposite. The more Fiala wants in contract and the more narrow he makes his list, the fewer trade partners Guerin has to work with.

If Fiala says, I will sign any offer with any team - Guerin can start a bidding war
    If Fiala says, I want 5-6 years at $5-6 million - Guerin will likely have 10 teams (maybe more) to find best trade offer
    If Fiala says, I want 7-8 years at $7-8 million - Guerin will have only a few teams to work with
    If Fiala says, I want to sign in Los Angeles (would otherwise sign QO) - Guerin will have LA and maybe a couple teams looking for a rental

The more demands Fiala has on contract, the less the Wild get in return.

How do you know this? This all feels like assumptions not based in fact. If Fiala was going to sign for 6 mil, he’d already have a contract with the Wild. Wild offered 3 years 6 mil per last offseason. He should be in the 7+ mil range. Any team trading for Fiala knows this. And I’m sure after the Stanley cup final we’ll start hearing leaks of what Fiala’s contact demands are. Then all GMs will know.
    25 juin 2022 à 12 h 4
    Quoting: IcemanJoe
    How do you know this? This all feels like assumptions not based in fact. If Fiala was going to sign for 6 mil, he’d already have a contract with the Wild. Wild offered 3 years 6 mil per last offseason. He should be in the 7+ mil range. Any team trading for Fiala knows this. And I’m sure after the Stanley cup final we’ll start hearing leaks of what Fiala’s contact demands are. Then all GMs will know.

Each said, "If"...I am citing examples.

There is a relationship between contract and trade return.
    Higher contract = less trade return
    Lower contract = more trade return

I don't know why this is such a controversial concept with Wild fans.
    25 juin 2022 à 12 h 8
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,118

At this point, it feels like he’s trolling.

No matter how many times it's been explained, shown, or linked to an article that disagrees with his POV. He ignores it. Completely.

He's right, everybody else is wrong. And there can be no other possibility than what he thinks will happen.

There's a term for people like that.
    IcemanJoe a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 12 h 9
    MN doesn’t need a depth C. We have Ek (3rd line), Jost, and Freddie G. BG has been rumored to be looking for a means to a top 6 C prospect while he shopped Dumba over the last 2+ years. I have to believe that’s what the ask will be from BG for Fiala. We need top 6 C’s, not wings.

Top-6 Cs means Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, or Dawson Mercer. I know MIN fans are expecting that kind of return, but I am telling you, many will feel disappointed.

I think 2OA could definitely be on the table, but it’d have to be MN adding to that package, not NJD. Still doesn’t feel like that’s happening. NJD doesn’t seem like a good fit. I think BG would want a 2023 first not that 2nd. Maybe like Thompson, 2023 first (with protections), and another smaller piece feels like a good fair deal.

Assume the 2nd overall pick is not on the table. There has been nothing legit to suggest NJD want to move that pick. It all comes from one answer to one question when our GM said, "I will consider anything to improve our team". That is it. And that was before the lottery.

In the Cap era, a top-2 pick has never been traded for a player.
    25 juin 2022 à 12 h 12
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
    Each said, "If"...I am citing examples.

There is a relationship between contract and trade return.
    Higher contract = less trade return
    Lower contract = more trade return

I don't know why this is such a controversial concept with Wild fans.

It's not, because I have never once seen that to be the case.

What I have seen is if a player agrees to a long-term contract, regardless of the contract amount, the acquiring team will pay out in assets for that player.

What your saying makes no sense.
    IcemanJoe a aimé ceci.
    25 juin 2022 à 12 h 27
    Quoting: RazWild
    It's not, because I have never once seen that to be the case.

What I have seen is if a player agrees to a long-term contract, regardless of the contract amount, the acquiring team will pay out in assets for that player.

What your saying makes no sense.

You are talking about term. I am talking about AAV.

So if Fiala wanted $5m/year or $9m/year, you think the trade price would be the same?

I mean, c'mon.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage