Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/VGK) - Weber for Dadonov

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 juin 2022 à 18 h 48
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Don't forget guys. Nhl teams can only pass the salary cap by 10% during summer and LTIR don't work. If Weber and Price are both finished, they would have counted as 22.2% of the salary cap. So habs would have not been able to spend 12.2% of their cap room during the summer free agency.
Saskleaf et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 686
Quoting: jpsnow13
How negative are you when your biggest argument against getting a 20G/40pts player for nothing is
"Draft picks can't get injured"...

So you would not trade a pick to get Crosby BeCaUsE hE cOuLd InJuReS hImSeLf! This is a next level **** argument...

Go search for Dadonov last serious injury. I'll wait.

Your logic is so bad lol.

You are basing the entire trade off a HYPOTHETICAL flip at the TDL

You are getting upset that I pointed out it doesn't always work that way. A lot of things can go wrong. Dadonov could get hurt or he plays bad. The guy is 33 it's not some crazy unlikely possibility that he declines or gets hurt.

That's why you get a pick WITH the return. It's not that hard to understand.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 48
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,496
Quoting: DongLord23
No you can't lol. Most trades are getting picks back as a return. You're not getting any picks back in the trade.

You're basing the value off a hypothetical flip at the deadline. Not by the actual return of the trade.

...its not about getting player back nor pick... its about player being involved, your argument makes no sense.
ex : you trade mathews for a second round pick. what a steal! the next day he gets a career ending injury! bam you lost the trade! now was it a bad trade? no...
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 48
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
How do they let Vegas keep getting away with this?

I know right
Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 48
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Initially, VGK wins this deal for their immediate need for cap space. Although they'll have a hard time accruing deadline cap with the LTIR likely full/near full.

If MTL turns Dadanov into a pick near the deadline, it'll be a win for them.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 49
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
"massive return"

lol

Yeah I'll start it already. Massive return as in 1st round pick + meh prospect. That's a massive return IMO

Hell even a 2nd round pick is good enough
SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 49
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Fine I guess. But I still deteste this team. (both of them actually)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 50
WentWughes
Probably just Habs fans

It's simple man. It's clear Dadonov isn't a cap dump. Vegas just wanted to upload salary at the last minute and Vegas was desperate. He's 40 PT winger muddle 6 winger that the Habs just for for free.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 52
WentWughes
Your logic is so bad lol.

You are basing the entire trade off a HYPOTHETICAL flip at the TDL

You are getting upset that I pointed out it doesn't always work that way. A lot of things can go wrong. Dadonov could get hurt or he plays bad. The guy is 33 it's not some crazy unlikely possibility that he declines or gets hurt.

That's why you get a pick WITH the return. It's not that hard to understand.

He's a 40 PT winger that we just got for a retired guy who will never play again. Don't even look at the TD, Habs got more assets in this trade.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 52
Quoting: drambui
...its not about getting player back nor pick... its about player being involved, your argument makes no sense.
ex : you trade mathews for a second round pick. what a steal! the next day he gets a career ending injury! bam you lost the trade! now was it a bad trade? no...

It is about getting a pick back lmao. You just helped out Vegas for free in that scenario. That's why you don't base a trade off how much you hypothetically get if you flipped a guy at the TDL. Sabres last year did a similar thing with Will Butcher. They weren't able to flip him because he sucked. They at least got a 5th round pick back so they didn't get nothing. If that happens with Dadonov or he gets hurt you get nothing. It's really not that hard to understand.

I'm impressed with how bad your example was.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 52
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Yeah I'll start it already. Massive return as in 1st round pick + meh prospect. That's a massive return IMO

You'd be lucky with a 3rd round pick lmao
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 54
WentWughes
You'd be lucky with a 3rd round pick lmao

Here we go again lol, save it for the TD. If Dadonov can put up a 40 PT pace and Habs retain, we'll get a decent haul for him.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 55
He's a 40 PT winger that we just got for a retired guy who will never play again. Don't even look at the TD, Habs got more assets in this trade.

You have no clue how he's gonna perform next year. You didn't get a pick back in the trade. That's an L
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 56
Here we go again lol, save it for the TD. If Dadonov can put up a 40 PT pace and Habs retain, we'll get a decent haul for him.

A 1st round pick + prospect LOL

Probably one of the funniest things I've read today. Maybe Ondrej Kase can get a top 10 pick
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 56
It is about getting a pick back lmao. You just helped out Vegas for free in that scenario. That's why you don't base a trade off how much you hypothetically get if you flipped a guy at the TDL. Sabres last year did a similar thing with Will Butcher. They weren't able to flip him because he sucked. They at least got a 5th round pick back so they didn't get nothing. If that happens with Dadonov or he gets hurt you get nothing. It's really not that hard to understand.

I'm impressed with how bad your example was.

well the habs are not giving up anything... you could also say ''what if the players is not good'' to any trade. its all hypothetical, what dont you undertand? the habs got dadonov for getting out of weber contract, they didnt lose anything. if you trade for any player... he can be bad and it can be a bad trade... of course its all hypothetical.... thats how trade works... all of them!!!! saying a trade is bad because the other player could be bad or get injured is just not an argument, what dont you understand?
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 57
WentWughes
You have no clue how he's gonna perform next year. You didn't get a pick back in the trade. That's an L

We didn't get a pick back for a dead contract eh? Vegas just added cap space and they might not even make the playoffs next year. L
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 58
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Habs should've got a pick back.

Vegas W

They still may. Either by flipping him at the deadline, or trading someone else and using him as their replacement.
They also moved ~$30M of dead cap in the process. While there could have been a better way to go about it, getting any asset, even just a warm body on a 1 year deal, is a good return.
This frees them from his LTIR shackles for next season and gives them much needed flexibility to start building the roster back up after one more year of tearing it down.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 58
WentWughes
A 1st round pick + prospect LOL

Probably one of the funniest things I've read today. Maybe Ondrej Kase can get a top 10 pick

We can agree to disagree it's all right. I've been following the NHL long enough to understand how it all works. You can look at my comments from back in the day and see I was right on most of the things I said. At the end of the day, it's a W for the Habs from me, but you're allowed to think differently.
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 0
Quoting: drambui
well the habs are not giving up anything... you could also say ''what if the players is not good'' to any trade. its all hypothetical, what dont you undertand? the habs got dadonov for getting out of weber contract, they didnt lose anything. if you trade for any player... he can be bad and it can be a bad trade... of course its all hypothetical.... thats how trade works... all of them!!!! saying a trade is bad because the other player could be bad or get injured is just not an argument, what dont you understand?

"saying a trade is bad because the other player could be bad or get injured is just not an argument, what dont you understand"

Holy **** no you cant. That's why teams at least get a pick back for taking on a contract. Not absolutely nothing while hoping to god he doesn't get hurt or sucks so you get something at the TDL. Jfc.
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 0
We didn't get a pick back for a dead contract eh? Vegas just added cap space and they might not even make the playoffs next year. L

You literally helped their cap issues and got no picks back. That's an L.
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 2
WentWughes
You literally helped their cap issues and got no picks back. That's an L.

And got a 40 PT player back for something that had no benefit to MTL. W for Montreal
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 3
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
The thing we can take advantage of, is, if dad plays well with Suzuki and caufield, we retain and deal him at the deadline for a good haul.
But that's all theoretical. For Vegas, it's guaranteed
That makes vegas win the trade
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 3
"saying a trade is bad because the other player could be bad or get injured is just not an argument, what dont you understand"

Holy **** no you cant. That's why teams at least get a pick back for taking on a contract. Not absolutely nothing while hoping to god he doesn't get hurt or sucks so you get something at the TDL. Jfc.

what the hell are you saying. its not a contract you take back, its a players. it not nothing, you get a PLAYER back. hes gonna go and play hockey for the habs. you dont need a pick.
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 3
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Jesus christ, how do the Knights keep getting away with this?

In all seriousness, this is a win-win for both teams. Vegas gets to banish Weber to Robidas Island for cap relief, while Montreal gets a Mid 6 winger who was one of Vegas' bright spots after the deadline.
drambui a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 19 h 7
And got a 40 PT player back for something that had no benefit to MTL. W for Montreal

A guy with negative value while helping Vegas with their cap issues. Not even a pick in return. A guy that you're hoping can get you a pick at the deadline. A guy that also has a NTC.

I really don't know how Vegas keeps doing it. Taking advantage of sucker GMs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage