SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2 Round Mock Draft, my 1000th post

2 Round Mock Draft, my 1000th post

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 16 juin 2022 à 12 h 56
Description
I used the same first round mock explanations for times sake and quality. Here are more selections, let me know whether you want more. I will do it.

I know there are a lot of questionable picks in the second round, but I feel like that's the case every year.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-It is rumored that the Canadiens actually want Slafkovsky over Wright, but it’s a horrible take. Honestly at this point, Slafkovsky is overrated, I wouldn’t even touch him in the top 3. The safe pick at this point is Shane Wright, who has a complete game all-around. I feel like Montreal needs defense more, and while Simon Nemec has very few weaknesses, at the same time, the Canadiens could use a top 6 center behind Suzuki. I have the Canadiens drafting for defenseman with their next pick. I believe Wright is NHL-ready right now, he has a solid two-way game, though very dynamic offensively. His edgework and playmaking are elite, but its his lethal shot that adds that second dimension to his game. Montreal won’t get booed by fans if they take Wright, in my eyes he’s a future Hall of Famer.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Most people, including myself, label Cooley as the second-best player in the draft. But with the amazing depth at center that the Devils have with Hischier, Jack Hughes, and even Mercer, Cooley shouldn’t be drafted at this spot. Contrary to most people, I also don’t have the Devils drafting Slafkovsky here, once again he’s overrated. Recent performance doesn’t matter as much as the playstyle. And there’s major flaws in Slafkovsky’s playstyle that will make him fall. While I see a case where Slafkovsky is drafted here, I just think Nemec is the better and safest option here. On the wing the Devils have Holtz, Stillman, and Foote. Luke Hughes and Ty Smith are solid young left-shot defenseman, but there’s not much on the right side. Also, the future of Severson and Subban being in question, the Devils must draft defenseman if they want to get into playoff contention sooner rather than later. Nemec mostly plays a solid two-way game, he makes the smart plays with and without the puck. Offensively, while his shot is lethal, he doesn’t like shooting in close quarters. Most of his goals come from the point. But the skating during offensive situations is elite, making him useful on the powerplay. Defensively, Nemec doesn’t shy away from blocking high-danger shots and is always in the correct position. I feel like Nemec could earn a nine-game trial in the NHL solely based off is smarts and skating. But more than likely I think a year or half a season in the AHL will benefit him better. Overall, I don’t think the Devils should trade this pick. I have trades disabled for this post, but even if I did include trades, I feel like the Devils should keep the pick. This draft is deep with talent. Nemec could be a lock for the Devils top pair in the future.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Even though I love the potential of forwards like Hayton, McBain, Doan, Smith, and Guenther, I still think Cooley is too hard to pass up on here. Ideally if the Coyotes want to address a team need, they should go with David Jiricek, but the importance of faceoffs is something that’s barely talked about. Winning faceoffs is vitals, and Cooley is capable of doing that. I also don’t think Cooley will fall further than this. Such a reliable three-zone forward. A bit on the small side at 5’10’’ but he makes up for it with his solid 200-ft game. A smooth skater as well, he uses his 4-way agility very effectively mostly in the offensive zone. Overall, Cooley would be the piece that Arizona builds their team around, he would be their future No. 1 center.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Reportedly the Kraken want Jiricek, and I do think it makes sense here. Over the course of the playoffs, the Kraken have signed a bunch of mid-tier forward prospects. Defensively, they don’t have much behind the overaged Ryker Evans, I feel like Jiricek is a solid start. There are qualities in Jiricek that are better than Nemec. While Jiricek doesn’t have the skating of Nemec, his size and defensive prowess is better. He’s still a solid skater with decent 4-way agility, but offensively its his booming shot that stands out the most. Unlike Nemec, Jiricek isn’t afraid to shoot from anywhere, but Nemec’s offensive skillset is better. Mostly because during offensive situations, Jiricek tends to take dumb infractions and isn’t well disciplined. Overall, a lock for the top pair of the future Kraken core.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-There have been rumors that the Flyers are expected to go off-the-board with this pick, but if Slafkovsky is still sitting here, I don’t think the Flyers will pass up on him. Overrated by scouts because of his stellar performance at international tournaments, but its about playstyle. And Slafkovsky’s skating is not good. He tends to be slow with and without the puck, heavily affecting his defense, more specifically the backcheck. I value Slafkovsky lower than most, a lot of people and GMs have Slafkovsky at 1st on their boards, but I have him at 4th. But aside from the skating, Slafkovsky is a true power forward. His size is amazing at 6’4’’ and the shot is also lethal. His playmaking took a huge step in improvement, it was evident in the World Championship. Overall, a solid pickup for the Flyers. I wouldn’t call this a steal by any means because he’s only sliding down one spot, but a lock for the top line of the future Flyers core.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoIn my eyes, there’s a guaranteed top 6 in this year’s draft. The last player in there is Matthew Savoie, and that’s who the Blue Jackets will take. They are another team reportedly interested in Jiricek, but with him gone, Savoie makes the most sense here. He is a prolific goal-scorer but the playmaking is even better. Also, very capable of winning 1 on 1 battles in the neutral zone, similar of fashion to Nikolaj Ehlers. Savoie’s 4-way agility and mobiity is exceptional, ideally, he’s one of the best skaters in the draft. Very likely he plays a year in the CHL, but I do see a scenario where he does get a full-time job with Columbus on day 1 of next season solely based off his skating and overall offensive prowess. Only knock on him is that he’s on the small side at 5’9’’, but as proven in years past, size doesn’t matter. It really shouldn’t be an issue, I see Savoie as a lock for the top line in the future for the Blue Jackets.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-After the top six, anything could happen. Though I read an article that the Senators are rumored to trade the pick for either Kevin Fiala or William Karlsson, I still think there are a lot of elite options to take here. So I wouldn’t trade this pick away. Here I think Kemell also makes the most sense for Ottawa in a lot of ways. Their prospect pool may be stacked for the future, but something they heavily lack in there is a true goal-scorer. Kemell I think is enough to push them over the edge. A lot of experts view him as a playmaker, but honestly Kemell is a goal-scorer. By leaps and bounds, Kemell possesses the hardest shot in the draft. His playmaking, like experts say, is also solid and dynamic. While his offensive prowess is high-end, Kemell can be a liability in his own end, and he also shies away from being physical. He will be a lock for the future top 6 of the Senators, his playstyle blends well with Stutzle’s, together they can form a dynamic duo.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-This is my first off-the-board pick here. Lekkerimaki has better upside, but he’s not a center like most people view him as. He’s a right winger and the Red Wings don’t need right wingers. The Red Wings have done well developing SHL prospects (Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson) but Kasper addresses a team need: a top 6 center to play behind Larkin. Kasper is enough to push them over the edge, stabilizing their future center core. Kasper is a dynamic offensive presence. He’s a menace near the net, he has a super accurate shot, though its not powerful. The playmaking is also there, and the three-zone skating is solid. The main weakness in Kasper’s game is the overall defensive effort, he often makes questionable choices defensively. But the Red Wings have a lot of solid defensive forwards, they are mostly drafting Kasper for offense. Overall, this is off-the-board, but a player who could develop nicely and surprise some people like Seider did. Because of the defensive effort, I have Kasper at 24th on my draft board, but teams should learn that they shouldn’t be afraid to go off-the-board and take certain risks.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-If Detroit doesn’t take Kasper here, I believe Buffalo takes him. But none of the less, Gauthier is also a decent pick here, and might be a better pick. He in fact is the better ranked player on my board, I have him 10th on my board. The Sabres may have a team full of young guns, but they lack a player that can complement smaller guys like Jack Quinn and Isak Rosen. Gauthier can be that player as his frame is solid at 6’3’’, though he could bulk up more based on his height. I would view Gauthier as a prolific power forward with decent defensive prowess. His skating and shot are NHL-caliber, and the awareness and gap control during defensive situations is above average. Only knock with Gauthier is the consistency offensively. His mid portion to his respective season wasn’t the greatest, but Gauthier did show signs of promise during the beginning and end. Overall, a player that Buffalo can get excited over, and with this pick the Sabres center depth is stabilized.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-I think the biggest aspect of the game the Ducks heavily lack are physical forwards. They initially had that in Getzlaf, but now that he’s retired, they need one to replace him. I don’t think Yurov is enough to push them over the edge, but he’s a solid start. This may be a bit high than some people project him to go at, but he’s the perfect fit for the Ducks. I have him at 12th on my board, I would have him lower, but as of now he’s NHL-ready. However, he won’t be playing next year in the NHL because he has one-year remaining on his KHL contract, where his production didn’t look promising. However, he makes up for it with his production in the MHL. Yurov is molded in as a gritty power forward, with solid two-way ability. With and without the puck, he’s always in the right position, uses his size effectively, and displays solid straight-line speed. There isn’t much praise about Yurov’s shooting, but I think its just fine. The only knock with his game is the agility, as once again, he’s a straight-line player. His size and aggressiveness make him a reliable asset on the penalty kill, which the Ducks need help on. Overall, a solid pickup for the Ducks and a lock for their top 6 in the near future.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-This is one of the more buzzworthy picks here, as it creates a wonderful storyline. Lekkerimaki would be reuniting with his linemate in Eklund. They already have displayed solid chemistry and I feel like that same chemistry could translate into the NHL. Lekkerimaki is a complete offensive-weapon, mostly viewed as a sniper. Though he has displayed excellent playmaking skills often. His vision is the best in the draft, but defensively is where he needs to develop. I see the Kyle Connor future ahead of him, a true offensive weapon, but a liability defensively. There’s a lot to be desired defensively, from the physicality and his size usage. Though Lekkerimaki did put him name on the NHL radar during his tournament point-leading performance during the U18’s. I think he will be a right-winger in the NHL given his size, but Lekkerimaki shouldn’t be ruled out as an option to play center. He’s a lock for the top 6 of the future Sharks core.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-With the Blue Jackets grabbing a true blue chip prospect in Savoie with the 6th pick, they should use this pick to snag a defenseman. I have Denton Mateychuk ahead, but I feel like Pavel Mintyukov is the type of player the Blue Jackets would take. He’s Russian and the Blue Jackets have shown that they don’t fear the Russian players. Their defensive core is weak, I’m not sure whether Mintyukov is enough to push them over the edge, but he could form an elite pair with Corson Ceulemans. Mintyukov is a very fluid skater and for a defenseman he has a rarity of making plays behind the net. Solid two-way game on him, also has solid hockey sense. Its very tough to knock the puck off his stick, and while his shot is powerful, its often inaccurate. Unlike many Russians, Mintyukov isn’t a project as he plays in the CHL. He’s showed at he can adapt well to the smaller rinks, and he will probably be the 2nd or 3rd defenseman for the Blue Jackets in the near future.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-I was considering Nazar here to give them a true goal-scorer, but based off the fact that Brad’s uncle is now coaching the team, this is a cool storyline and will create a lot of buzz around the league. Lambert is one of my boom-or-bust picks here, but I don’t think he will be a bust in Long Island. Also teams should have learnt their lesson after Raty, and the Islanders I think will make other teams above them look stupid. Very intriguing prospect as well as Lambert plays center in the Liiga, but scouts project him as a right-winger in the NHL. Main reason Lambert falls is solely based off his point production this year. I would have lower than this, but honestly skating wins over everything. I have him above most people, he’s 16th on my board. His skating is elite and the fastest in the draft. Lambert is mostly viewed as a playmaker and his offensive prowess is excellent. Defensively, there hasn’t been much viewed, but he does shy away from being physical. He’s too selfish with the puck and doesn’t really finish any easy opportunities that come his way. But putting all those flaws aside, I believe Lambert could form a duo with Raty in the near future.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Contrary to most people, being a Jets fan, I don’t think they Jets should draft a defenseman in the first round. I love the potential of most of their young guns in Heinola, Samberg, Chisholm, Gawanke, Kuzmin, and Lundstrom. They need two things. First is a player who never take a shift off and puts him a lot of effort defensively. Second is a bigger body to complement smallish forward prospects like Perfetti, Chibrikov, and Lucius. With this pick they go with the guy who never takes a shift off, and Nazar is a steal here. I love this player, despite being a true offensive weapon, Nazar is effective on the defensive end of the ice as well. He can give the Jets secondary playmaking behind Perfetti, and Nazar’s playstyle really blends well with Lucius’s elite goal-scoring ability. Nazar’s playmaking is his best asset, but he also is capable of being a goal-scorer. Skating is high-end, Nazar is one of the most agile skaters in the draft. Hockey IQ is amazing. Once again, this is a steal for the Jets, I have Nazar at 8th on my draft board.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-To some this might be a reach, I’ve seen McGroarty a lot lower on many mocks on this site. But honestly, based off my rankings, this is a steal. Not as big of a steal as Winnipeg, but a steal none of the less as I have McGroarty slotted at 11th on my board. He’s that high up because of his speed combined with size. Usually, those types of players are really hard to find. This is the perfect pick for the Canucks, given the fact that Miller and Boeser’s future in Vancouver are in question. The Canucks must go best forward available if they want to succeed sooner rather than later. McGroarty is a prolific power forward. Despite his 200-pound size, his height is adequate at just 6’0’’. Also, don’t let CapFriendly fool you, McGoarty is not a right winger, he’s a full-time center. He’s a menace up close to the net, but the one knock on him is the agility. He’s more of a straight-line player, so if the 4-way agility should be touched upon before making the transition to the NHL. Overall, a high upside pick for the Canucks at 15th overall.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasA lot of people may find this interesting: I see Chelsey as an off-the-board here. He may be higher on a lot of GMs draft boards given he’s the best defensive defenseman in the draft, but on my board, Chelsey is ranked at 27th. The reason why he’s ranked super low is because he’s shown inconsistency with his offensive production. And while there’s still some offensive potential in Chelsey, he’s more known for his exceptional defensive prowess. From the gap control, shot blocking, skating, and awareness defensively, its all there. Whenever Chelsey showcases his offensive skillset, he displays a powerful shot and elite-level playmaking. Offensively, Chelsey isn’t explosiveness and he tends to lose the puck in dangerous situations. But honestly, the Sabres aren’t really drafting Chelsey for offense, they lack defensively-minded players, and Chelsey could push them over the edge. If he shows more consistency offensively, Chelsey could be a steal here in the near future.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-To most people, this might be low, but for me this is the perfect spot for Howard. I’ve been asking this for years now, Nashville absolutely needs to inject some scoring punch onto their forward core. And with Forsberg’s future in Nashville being a question mark, I feel like the Predators shouldn’t waste their time selecting a replacement winger. This is high upside at 17th, but though I have him at 17th on my draft board, I could see Howard being drafted much higher solely based off recency basis. Howard is a dynamic playmaker with a sniper’s edge. Skating is above average, but it’s the defensive side of the game that he needs to fix. I’ve seen that Howard is often in a questionable position during most defensive situations that he’s put in. His physicality is viewed as much, so I’m not sure whether it’s a weakness or bright spot. I see a more productive version of Filip Zadina in Howard’s game. Overall, a lock for Nashville’s future top 6 core.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-This is my biggest off-the-board pick in the draft, and some people could hate on this one, and I totally get it. Luneau isn’t even in the first round on many people’s draft boards, including mine. But I feel like Dallas will go off-the-board this year, they were probably winners of last year’s draft. They went off-the-board with the resurgent Wyatt Johnston. Also they got a steal in Logan Stankoven. This year they go off-the-board again and grab Luneau. He was a top 10 player on my board at the beginning of the season but has fallen because of draft strength and certain players rising above him. He’s barely out of my draft board, I was almost considering him at the 32nd spot. And it’s not like he’s bad by any means, he’s actually quite decent and has the tools to be a first-round pick. He’s a smooth skater despite his big frame at 6’2’’, solid playmaker especially during offensive situations, great hockey IQ, and well poised. The biggest knock on Luneau however is despite having a tall frame at 6’2’’, he should bulk up more before he hits the NHL ice. His explosiveness could be touched upon as well, but he makes up for his skating with his neat 4-way agility. Overall, Luneau may be off-the-board, but he addresses a team need for the Stars: a top 4 right-shot defenseman. Luneau has that same potential.
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings may have a deep prospect pool, but something they heavily lack in there is a high-tier LD prospect. Mateychuk is a steal here at 19th, on my board he’s at 13th. He’s a talented player, main reason he falls is because of draft strength and certain teams addressing by need. Mateychuk is a reliable three-zone defender, though he does have a weak frame for a defenseman at 5’11’’. Size may not matter for forwards, but it still matters for defenseman. However, Mateychuk actually makes up for it with his 4-way mobility. He won’t provide a lot of flashy plays which is fine, but he mostly goes for the smart play. Could be a nice partner for Doughty or Brandt Clarke in the near future.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-With the forward core of the Capitals aging, I feel like they need a top line forward. With Lapierre and McMichael starting to emerge, I feel like Geekie will be enough to push them over the edge. I believe Geekie is the biggest boom-or-bust player in the draft by far, while his power forward instincts are exceptional, his skating is horrible. Also, to add on, despite his elite frame at 6’4’’ and over 200 pounds, he tends to lose his balance often after dumb hits. But there’s still a lot to like about Geekie, his awareness during offensive situations is amazing. His shot and playmaking are solid as well, overall a high upside pick at 20th overall. A future duo of McMichael and Geekie would be lethal.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Throughout my last few posts, I’ve had the Penguins taking Noah Ostlund here. But I’ve been getting a lot of comments on this site that I should put Miroshnichenko in the first round. So here you go. I feel like with Pittsburgh being such a deep team, they are one of those teams that could afford to take a risk here. Miroshnichenko is dealing with cancer, but I did read an article earlier that he’s cleared to start training in order to play again. But its currently unknown when he will actually play, and given the fact that he’s Russian, it could take a while. With Crosby playing for 3 more seasons, it shouldn’t be a rush. Whenever Miroshnichenko is healthy, he plays like a top 10 player in this class, meaning that he has great potential to be a steal. He’s a dynamic goal-scorer, comparable to Alex Ovechkin. However, his effort away from the puck needs massive improvement. Overall, a project pick here, but a high reward pick.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonI’ve seen a lot of mocks on this site having Anaheim take Korchinski with their 10th pick, funny enough that he falls over here. A win-win situation for the Ducks, this is a steal at 22nd. On my draft board, I have Korchinski at 15th, I believe he’s the best offensive-minded defenseman in the draft. There’s a lot to desired in the defensive aspects of the game, but Korchinski is a very mobile skater, great puck handler. The shot is accurate, but it definitely isn’t powerful. His ending to the season put him on the NHL radar, increasing his potential. With Lindholm gone and Fowler likely gone as well next season, Korchinski could provide secondary offense on the back end behind Drysdale. Future top 4 talent over here, in an article he self-describes himself as Cale Makar, and I do agree with that.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I did consider Lane Hutson for this one, but I love the upside of Ty Nelson a lot better. Also I love the potential that Scott Pernovich has, Nelson may be undersized for a defenseman at 5’10’’, but he’s mostly molded in as a two-way defender. Reliable three-zone player, he always makes the smart play and never takes a shift off. The right at RD behind Parayko is on thin ice, I believe Nelson could push them over the edge. I also considered Christian Kyrou for this one in order to reunite with his brother, but the Blues could pick him up later. The Blues are deep at every position but RD, and with Nelson, they could be a complete team all-around. Nelson has solid potential, could become the 2nd or 3rd defenseman on the Blues.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Before, I had Minnesota taking Kulich. But I feel like defenseman is a bigger need for the Wild, they go off-the-board here and take Simon Forsmark. He’s barely unranked on my draft board, but a lot higher on most GM’s boards. I did have him in the bottom 15 of my draft rankings like two months ago, but the rise of most players made me slide him down. Not that’s he bad or anything, he’s actually very good and has a lot of potential. With Brodin and Dumba’s future in Minnesota being a question mark, the Wild absolutely need defensive prospects. I love Lambos, but he’s not enough to push them over the edge. Addison is also there, but I’m starting to doubt his potential. Forsmark could come in and be a legit 3rd or 4th defenseman on the Wild. Plays a complete two-way game, has adequate size and makes the smart plays. Overall, a lock for the middle pairing of the future Wild defensive core.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-I was considering Lian Bichsel for this pick, but I feel like Duda is the type of player the Leafs look for: two-way with some offensive edge. Duda is that type of player, while his defensive prowess is high-end, there are qualities offensively that are also elite. This is an off-the-board pick here and a project here, but I feel like the Leafs will like this kid. Duda has solid defensive qualities in his game, great gap control and well disciplined for a defenseman. His 4-way agility and mobility are exceptional and Duda is an excellent playmaker during offensive situations. While his shot is powerful, its not that accurate. Duda also isn’t physical, but the MHL is a non-physical league. I feel like he will be more physical once he hits the NHL ice, which will be in a couple of years. Also there’s rumors that the Leafs could trade this pick to the Coyotes, along with the contract of Mrazek.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryI mentioned in the Wright explanation that the Canadiens need defenseman more than forwards. And if Seamus Casey can get to the top 10 form he was at the beginning of the season, he could be a steal for the Canadiens. He may be a bit undersized for a defenseman at 5’10’’, but Casey checks all the boxes to be a legit offensive defenseman in the NHL. His skating is very smooth and silky, the shot is very good. The defensive skillset in his game isn’t buzzworthy at all, also Casey shies away from being physical. But once again, he will be a top pair lock if he gets back to form during his developmental years.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineI said before that I love the potential of a lot of Arizona’s forward prospects and there wasn’t much defensive depth in their prospect pool. Bichsel is a solid start and would stabilize it with his elite defensive prowess. He’s tall at 6’5’’ and is the skating is buzzworthy despite that frame. Usually bigger guys aren’t smooth skaters, they’re mostly sandpaper. Bichsel has solid defensive awareness and physicality, but the biggest questions regarding him is the potential he has offensively. Not much there, Bichsel has the Ryan Suter future coming up, very defensively sound and has low-end offensive skills. But overall, a lock for the future top 4 of the Coyotes defensive core. The only high-end defensive prospect the Coyotes have is Victor Soderstrom, and Bichsel could push them over the edge.
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideWhat a draft for the Sabres! They end up doing very well, this is a steal at 28th. I have Ostlund at 19th on my draft board. He could solidify the Sabres center depth and be the future 2C or 3C. Ostlund is a dynamic playmaker who is undersized. But I’ve seen that Ostlund often plays bigger than what his size states. Despite being viewed as a playmaker, Ostlund is still a solid sniper and could score a lot of goals. He has the Patrick Kane future ahead of him and alongside Lekkerimaki, Ostlund was one of Sweden’s bright spots during the U18 tournament. Overall, he has solid potential and can be an impactful player for the future Sabres.
29Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-I’ve seen a lot of people have Pickering higher, and I get it. I have Pickering unranked but as an honorable mention for the first round. He is very raw in talent, just a project pick here. But the Oilers are a team that needs defensive prospects, and they should draft Pickering here. They are a deep team, so they can be patient with developing Pickering. There’s a lot to like about Pickering, his frame is solid at 6’4’’, his offensive skillset is also there with decent awareness and shot. The smarts with and without the puck are exceptional and the gap control without the puck is decent. Overall, a player that could stabilize the defensive core for the future Oilers. With Barrie and Keith potentially by next season, the Oilers should get a young replacement for the future. I love Broberg, but its not enough.
30Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkNext to Luneau, this is the biggest off-the-board pick here. Not a lot of people have Nyman this high, but after Geekie, there aren’t many decent power forwards available. Nyman is the best available, and with the Jets having smallish prospects up front near NHL-ready, they need a bigger body to play alongside them. Nyman can be that player, he has the perfect size as a power forward (6’3’’, 207 lbs). His offensive prowess is really solid, he has a very powerful shot, and the hockey sense is decent. Its very hard to knock the puck off his stick and Nyman handles it with such ease. He’s also a menace in front of the net. Even though this is off-the-board, once again, the Jets need a bigger body at forward, as behind Dubois, there’s not many in their top 9. Nyman would be a good start, he’s unranked on my board, but an honorable mention for the first round because of the small amount of power forwards that are available in this draft.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-I will make this explanation short and sweet. I can see this pick being traded here, but I’m not doing trades in this post. Tampa Bay is a very deep team, so I have them going best player available, regardless of position. I see Dumais going higher than this, as he’s the highest scoring first year draft eligible player in the class with 109 points. His high compete level could help the Lightning become a dynasty and Dumais is a wizard with the puck. He makes the hard passes look incredibly easy and plays bigger than his size, which is on the small side at 5’9’’. He could bulk up way more as well. Overall, a lock for the Lightning’s middle-six.
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoThe Coyotes suck right now. They are in a position where they need to draft NHL-ready players, so I have them taking a risk drafting the overaged Robertson. He’s the best overaged player I’ve seen in a while since Dimitri Rashevsky. With the Moser pick last year paying off for the Coyotes, I expect them to try again and take Robertson here. He’s a menace during breakaways and a fluid skater. There’s no holes in his game and I believe he's NHL-ready right now. Such a reliable three-zone player and I project him as the future 1RW next to Cooley.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-If you haven’t looked closely at size, you can see that Montreal loves drafting smallish players. I feel like they need a bigger body to complement those smaller prospects and the current top 6 of the Canadiens. I feel like they will grab the defensive power forward in Nathan Gaucher. He was another kid that was in my top 15 range at the beginning of the season, but overall inconsistency made his stock go on a downfall. If he can get back to that form during his development, this could turn out to be a steal. Even though the Canadiens have Roy and Kidney, I think at least Roy can play on the wing and Gaucher could be their future 2C behind Wright. I have him unranked on my board right now, but I’ve seen Gaucher way higher on other people’s draft boards, so here you go.
34Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-This is a steal for the Coyotes. Like said before, there is not a whole lot of defensive depth on the Coyotes, so they draft the best defenseman available at the moment which is Hutson. Though his size doesn’t look promising, he still checks all the boxes to become a true top 4 defender. He’s 28th on my board, but I could see a scenario like this where he falls to the second round because of his weak size for a defenseman. Overall, Hutson could provide some secondary offense behind Chychrun as he’s a solid offensive defenseman. He's actually the best puck handler in the draft, I’ve seen a video of him carrying the puck for 45 seconds, which is outstanding for his size. In fact, during the combine Hutson said that his bone age is delayed compared to his biological age, meaning that there’s still high potential for him to grow. He said the maximum he could grow to is 5’11’’, which is just enough. Overall, a solid top 4 option for the Coyotes going forward.
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-This may be a reach at 35th, but Leinonen has the size to be an early-second round pick. This is the first goalie taken, and Leinonen already has NHL-ready size and puck handling. He also possesses very solid athleticism, positioning, and poise. I was asking for this last year that Seattle drafts a high-tier goalie like Wallstedt or Cossa, but they didn’t. They do so this year, and while I don’t think Leinonen isn’t enough to push them over the edge, it’s a solid start. He has potential to become a true NHL starter, having the Ben Bishop mold, but less injury prone.
36Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieWhile I love the potential of most of Arizona’s forwards, I feel like all of them aren’t really defensive. And I think that Trikozov could push them over the edge. He has one of the best hands in the draft but has solid defensive prowess. He is on my draft board at 29th, but a lot higher on other people’s. He has a high compete level in his game, but he mostly falls because of how deep this draft is. The Russian factor doesn’t really play a factor on him falling, Trikozov has potential to become a legit middle 6 winger.
37Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Contrary to most people, I don’t think the Devils will take a defenseman here. I think they address the need of a bigger body with this pick. Bystedt could potentially push them over the edge. He mainly plays center, but has excelled on the wing before. A legit power forward that could fill a void on the left side.
38Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-With this pick, the Blackhawks must go best player available, regardless of position. That would be Kulich. It sucks to see him out of the first round, especially after his outstanding U18 performance. With the Blackhawks starting to write off Kirby Dach, the Blackhawks must draft centers ASAP if they want to end their rebuild sooner rather than later. They may not have been able to draft in the first round, but they still get a steal here. I have Kulich at 23rd on my draft board.
39Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Ottawa absolutely needs right-shot defenseman, all they currently have is Bernard-Docker. Brannstrom is also there, but I’m beginning to doubt his potential. I’ve seen Rinzel much higher on other people’s draft boards, so here you go. I’m one of those people who aren’t as high on him as most. He’s a very talented defenseman, but currently is playing against weak competition. I see those types of players as boom or bust.
40Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Detroit shouldn’t overthink this pick here. Ohgren is a steal at this spot, and they continue their trend of drafting Swedish-born players. I was considering Salomonsson for this spot, but I don’t see Ohgren falling any further. I have him at 25th on my board, there’s potential for him to become a 2LW in the NHL for the Red Wings. Also a bigger body, so he could stabilize the size that the Red Wings have.
41Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The Sabres grab another Northeastern player in Hughes. I’m not as high on him as most, but a lot of people have him higher, so here you go. It actually does make sense, as of now the Sabres center depth is set. Also Buffalo has done well developing players from Northeastern of the NCAA, take Devon Levi for example.
42Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Even though the Ducks grabbed a forward in Yurov with their last pick, I’m still not sold on their center depth behind Zegras. Del Bel Belluz is enough to push them over the edge, he’s a steal at this spot. He’s the best two-way forward in the OHL as of now and will do everything with and without the puck for Anaheim in the future. He’s a legit candidate for the future 2C spot.
43Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sharks de San Jose
Christian Kyrou
Right now, the biggest need for the Coyotes is an overaged goaltender. But I feel like they will address that with their next pick. Behind Soderstrom, whose potential I’m beginning to doubt, there’s not much depth on the right side of their defensive core. Kyrou is a solid start to stabilize their future defensive core, he’s currently on the rise.
44Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Very interesting pick here, but Hamara was considered a top pick at the beginning of the year. He’s still much higher up on some people’s draft board, but he’s unranked on mine because there were other players who had superior second halves to their respective seasons. If he gets back to his top form as soon as next season, this could wind up being a steal here.
45Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Islanders de New York
Nick Malik
An off-the-board pick here, but its something that Arizona absolutely needs immediately. An overaged goalie who could split the time with Vejmelka. Malik could actually form solid chemistry as he’s also a Czech-born goalie, just like Vejmelka. He’s a third-year draft eligible, but very near NHL-ready. Could be in the NHL sooner than some people think considering the weak goalie depth that Arizona has. I was also considering Brett Brochu for this pick because he already has some experience playing against AHL competition. But the size doesn’t look promising.
46Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Jets de Winnipeg
47Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
48Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
49Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Predators de Nashville
50Logo de Stars de Dallas-
51Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
52Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de Washington
53Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
54Logo de Bruins de Boston-
55Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Blues de St-Louis
56Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
57Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Wild du Minnesota
58Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
59Logo de Flames de Calgary-
60Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
61Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Panthers de la Floride
62Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
63Logo de Rangers de New York-
64Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
65Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 0
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 593
TZ11 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
BruinsFan35 et Zinger a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
TheMooterus et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 1
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
power forward
16 juin 2022 à 13 h 3
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
Quoting: christianyog
Konkarsson TampaBayLightning22 Chaser088

Looks good my friend, Nicely done. And i agree with Kasper to Detroit. he's 100% an Yzerman kind of player.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 15 h 15
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
I thought the main knock on McGroarty was his skating.
16 juin 2022 à 16 h 12
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Looks good overall. Wouldn't take Luneau and Duda in the 1st and I can't see Öhgren falling all the way to 40. Obviously there are more things I don't agree with but that's always the case.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 16 h 33
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: ClockReads2113
I thought the main knock on McGroarty was his skating.

Agility is technically part of skating.
16 juin 2022 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,214
Can't see the Kings going Mateychuk. He fills a need for them, but they've publicly stated (both the GM and Doughty in his exit interview) that they're looking for size on the back end. If they go LD, I see Korchinski, Pickering, and Bichsel all higher on LA's list.

But honestly, if this is the way the draft goes, I would not be shocked to see LA go Miroshnichenko. With the amount of prospects the Kings have knocking on the NHL door, they don't need a player to come and play next year or even the year after. They can take the risk for a home-run swing of a pick and wait a couple of years for Ivan, hoping he fully heals and becomes the top-5/top-10 pick he was showing before his health issues.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 8 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
This would be my best case scenario for the draft...the only thing that could go better for them is if Ivan Miroshnichenko falls to 41. or if they trade 41 and 28 to move up and grab Jiricek or Nemec.
25 juin 2022 à 21 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Love the Chesley and Dumais picks. Where would you have David Goyette?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage