SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #3

23 juin 2022 à 12 h 3
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: hanson493
the problem now is PLD is a 2 year rental. if im boston and bergeron is gone. im just signing kadri.

Would be a good fit but I feel like Boston may benefit from retooling this year. Something SJ didn’t do fully.

I mean lord knows they could use a good draft pick this year - doing a real retool maybe be huge but it’s hard to justify with the big moves/ deals they’ve done lately.
23 juin 2022 à 12 h 13
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: yikes
Professional btw - this guy/ girl is paid to work in the highest level of hockey/ sport lmao

Probably someone who knew that McDavid/Matthews would win so they gave some recognition to a lesser known player.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 12 h 40
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Probably someone who knew that McDavid/Matthews would win so they gave some recognition to a lesser known player.

more likely they’re just an idiot who doesn’t pay attention to teams outside their market (pittsburgh btw) or simply looking to plug a clickbait article about why they’re different and correct. And knowing that someone should win so choosing to vote for someone else is stupid and not how awards voting works anyway, so even if that was their reason their vote should still get rescinded. You vote for who deserves to win the award, if you want to highlight how someone is underrated, write an article about it
yikes a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 12 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: yikes
Would be a good fit but I feel like Boston may benefit from retooling this year. Something SJ didn’t do fully.

I mean lord knows they could use a good draft pick this year - doing a real retool maybe be huge but it’s hard to justify with the big moves/ deals they’ve done lately.

IF bergy is gone, i want an aggressive 2 year retool. and i mean AGGRESSIVE retool. be really bad, then be really good quick turnaround. sell extras and focus on the core. i think their core is good enough that they dont need to tank for multiple years. grabbing a kadri/trocheck helps the retool.
23 juin 2022 à 14 h 7
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
LeBreton/ Ottawa is a go for the Sens and the City.

My god this is huge for Ottawa as a whole and the team too.

Ottawa Senators

This is a massive win for the city and the Sens are going to have a amazing place to try and win a cup in.

It’s no where near a done deal but this is good news.
csick, Alfie11, DirtyDangle and 2 others a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 14 h 26
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
looks like smith is closing in a 3 x $5m deal with vegas. not sure how they afford it tho.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 14 h 26
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: hanson493
IF bergy is gone, i want an aggressive 2 year retool. and i mean AGGRESSIVE retool. be really bad, then be really good quick turnaround. sell extras and focus on the core. i think their core is good enough that they dont need to tank for multiple years. grabbing a kadri/trocheck helps the retool.

Grabbing a Kadri/Trocheck prevents them from being bad enough to properly bottom out and aggressively retool. Are you really gonna pretend that even if you just have your core of Lindholm/McAvoy/Carlo/Pastrnak/Swayman (Lindholm unmovable, the rest young enough that you want to keep them around, and trading them would be counterproductive to trying to be competitive again in a short amount of time) that the Bruins aren't significantly better than at least a half dozen teams (Flyers, Kraken, Coyotes, Canadiens, and Blue Jackets for starters, plus I doubt all of the Red Wings/Sens/Sabres/Ducks/Devils improve enough even though a few of them probably will) even if they manage to move on from guys like Marchand, Hall, Smith, etc. via trade? And then add Kadri/Trocheck to the mix? That's at WORST a fringe wild card team. You won't come close to getting a Bedard type BECAUSE the core is so good. A 107 point team isn't going to drop off the face off the earth because one guy retires even if a couple others get dealt.
23 juin 2022 à 14 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: DirtyDangle
looks like smith is closing in a 3 x $5m deal with vegas. not sure how they afford it tho.

Trade Pacioretty
DirtyDangle et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 15 h 3
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: aadoyle
Trade Pacioretty

man trading patches to keep smith. i donno about that one. patches would be a great pick up for the leafs.
zk97, aadoyle et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 15 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
man trading patches to keep smith. i donno about that one. patches would be a great pick up for the leafs.

Dude, EVERYTHING would be a great pick up for the leafs
Lmao
zk97, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 15 h 23
Hakuna Matata

In a sense every big name would wink

But to me if you think about it, makes sense for Vegas to explore a Pacioretty trade as he is a UFA neext season and lets be real they cant afford him and he has had injury issues these past 2 seasons

Trade him for a younger good wing and some picks and with the 2mill extra space explore a TDL acquisition of JT Miller or something
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 15 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Alfie11
Grabbing a Kadri/Trocheck prevents them from being bad enough to properly bottom out and aggressively retool. Are you really gonna pretend that even if you just have your core of Lindholm/McAvoy/Carlo/Pastrnak/Swayman (Lindholm unmovable, the rest young enough that you want to keep them around, and trading them would be counterproductive to trying to be competitive again in a short amount of time) that the Bruins aren't significantly better than at least a half dozen teams (Flyers, Kraken, Coyotes, Canadiens, and Blue Jackets for starters, plus I doubt all of the Red Wings/Sens/Sabres/Ducks/Devils improve enough even though a few of them probably will) even if they manage to move on from guys like Marchand, Hall, Smith, etc. via trade? And then add Kadri/Trocheck to the mix? That's at WORST a fringe wild card team. You won't come close to getting a Bedard type BECAUSE the core is so good. A 107 point team isn't going to drop off the face off the earth because one guy retires even if a couple others get dealt.

if they do nothing, they have no centers but are still good enough overall that i think at worst theyre like 10th in the draft. thats doing nothing. if they bring in a kadri or a trochek they have a shot at a wild card spot. and you can find missing pieces longer. like i said retool not rebuild. you gotta dump guys that just arent panning out or have 1 year left, salvage what you can and move on.
23 juin 2022 à 15 h 30
Go leafs go
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Get Arizona to retain 50%, send out Kerfoot, the money works perfect! Wouldn't hate it at all if they only had to send out Kerfoot and a pick to bring him in.
23 juin 2022 à 16 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 23 juin 2022 à 16 h 21
Was looking at Washington and seeing how my Malkin or Kadri idea would fit in and I realized Bear could honestly fit in with them too as they need a RD to replace Shultz
23 juin 2022 à 20 h 53
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Anyone saw sources that Drury wasn’t happy with Panarin’s play and it might cause a rift where he might want out.
23 juin 2022 à 21 h 26
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: csick
Anyone saw sources that Drury wasn’t happy with Panarin’s play and it might cause a rift where he might want out.

That’s fake
We all know the reason Panarin wants out is because he doesn’t want to play with Kakko
csick, Juiceman, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 21 h 27
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Quoting: Devil
That’s fake
We all know the reason Panarin wants out is because he doesn’t want to play with Kakko

He wants to play with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov
Juiceman et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 21 h 27
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Devil
That’s fake

Doesn’t like the fact that Kakko can play with men. He seems intimidated
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 23 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
23 juin 2022 à 23 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

I feel JP is gone but other than that not bad.

As for Kane and stuff I got a feeling the arb person gonna reinstate him which sucks for Edmonton but then I feel there is someone out of Boston that is screaming Edmonton rn and that is Debrusk
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2022 à 23 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Quoting: aadoyle
I feel JP is gone but other than that not bad.

And as for who replaces JP, keep an eye on Debrusk

I don't see Jake being a fit unless the Oilers lose Kane by way of grievance or not having enough cap space. Realistically, I think the only way Edmonton loses Puljujarvi is via offer sheet.
23 juin 2022 à 23 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I don't see Jake being a fit unless the Oilers lose Kane by way of grievance or not having enough cap space. Realistically, I think the only way Edmonton loses Puljujarvi is via offer sheet.

I think JP is gonna get traded as if Holland decides "hes not part of the solution" then you got to think it makes sense to do that

And while im not saying JP for Debrusk or anything like that I just got a feeling we see the following happen

1. Arb reinstates Kane's deal

Which leads to

2. Holland trading for Debrusk in the summer

Now as for where JP gets traded to, no idea but if we were to look at top 3 teams, if its not Boston

1. Carolina
2. Detroit
3. Philadelphia
24 juin 2022 à 0 h 2
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682

Holy Crap
Bergy coming back on a 1 year deal
So good for Boston, Haula at 1C 💀
hanson493 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2022 à 0 h 8