Forums/Armchair-GM

I think this is the best they do

Créé par: CMcAvoy73
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 11 juin 2022
Publié: 11 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I’m not buying with this team. I think most people realized all year long, they were a PP and a goaltender, and not much else. Thats normally a first round exit team, maybe win a round. That’s probably what should have happened this year, but Pittsburgh was playing with a shooter tutor in net after injuries to their two goalies.

Now, they’ve still got two big big pieces, and they’re the hardest ones to find: goalie and number 1 D.

But they’re starting to get some age problems. Zibanejad is awesome, but he’s 29. Panarin has frankly started to slow down a hair, hes in his 30s. Unless lafreniere or kakko turn into the real deal, I’m just not seeing a bright future for this group. I think this is their peak.
Can they keep Copp, Strome etc? Is Kreider ever going to come close to this level of play again? I see a regression.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1582 500 000 $74 041 469 $0 $3 250 000 $8 458 531 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 juin 2022 à 22 h 56
down bad
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,423
I agree this team loses in 5 vs Pitt if they had Jarry / DeSmith. Probably lose in 6 if they didnt cheap shot Crosby.
csick et Pags71 a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 22 h 57
GoCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 532
With a Goaltender like Shesty its now time to build around him, as an Oilers fan....would be nice with a goaltender
11 juin 2022 à 22 h 58
Breadman likes Bread
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,729
Modifié 11 juin 2022 à 23 h 3
The fact of the matter is, they weren’t even supposed to go this far with this group. We had a starting lineup of U24’s one game of this series (G3?). It’s a little premature to say if this is the farthest they go don’t you think?

A top four of
Miller/Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Lindgren-Schneider

Would instantly be one of the best in the league.
dlt_hfu2847whsba a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 0
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
Shesterkin is the best goalie I’ve ever seen so I think they’ll make it back at some point… especially considering they lost to the second best goalie I’ve ever seen. Yeah that team kinda blows though and I don’t trust the GM to do smart stuff to make them not blow
KingLundqvist30, csick, NYR1983 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,515
Tear of jealousy from a Bruins fan....have fun next season.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 3
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,512
Having a top 3(probably #1 in all reality) G is a step ahead of every other team. Having a great PP is a step ahead unless you are up against Vas or Saros. The youth will improve and the older guys will adjust and be support and experience. I wouldn’t say they lose in the 1st round moving forward. The leafs have more firepower then the rest of the league but can’t get through a round because they lack certain things that we have. Are we bad defensively? Oh yeah. Is the D made up of kids? Oh yeah with the exception of Trouba. Are we going to be the next Dynasty, no, but conference finals will happen in the next few years easy.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 11
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Agree with most of the author posted. Rangers have boxed themselves in cap wise due to high $$$ and term with aging NTC contracts. Now the Rangers do have some nice prospects but the roster that was on the ice this year might be best team they can hope for.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 691
Baffling how one could think this was the Rangers' peak. They weren't even anticipated to make it past the first round. And there's 0 chance they re-sign Strome. He's not the answer, he's a problem.

Lafreniere, Chytil, Kakko, Miller, Schneider, Fox, Lindgren, and soon Othmann, Cullye, Jones, Lundkvist, and Kravtsov (yes he will return) - ALL under 25.

Panarin was clearly still hurt all playoffs from his late regular season injury, there's no issue there long term. He was amazing all regular season before the injury.

Kicking a team when they're down is to be expected. Writing off a team that went deep in the playoffs ahead of expectation is comical.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: KingLundqvist30
The fact of the matter is, they weren’t even supposed to go this far with this group. We had a starting lineup of U24’s one game of this series (G3?). It’s a little premature to say if this is the farthest they go don’t you think?

A top four of
Miller/Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Lindgren-Schneider

Would instantly be one of the best in the league.

Speaking of premature….we don’t really know what Schneider is. Hes played 40 NHL games.

How’s this team getting better? They’re likely to lose center depth. Panarin, kreider, and in a couple years, Zibanejad are likely to decline. How is this team becoming more than a PP and a goalie?
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 23
Quoting: delneggs
Tear of jealousy from a Bruins fan....have fun next season.

For real... lots of projection there. The Bruins are the ones whose window is closing quickly, not the Rangers.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Kap97
Baffling how one could think this was the Rangers' peak. They weren't even anticipated to make it past the first round. And there's 0 chance they re-sign Strome. He's not the answer, he's a problem.

Lafreniere, Chytil, Kakko, Miller, Schneider, Fox, Lindgren, and soon Othmann, Cullye, Jones, Lundkvist, and Kravtsov (yes he will return) - ALL under 25.

Panarin was clearly still hurt all playoffs from his late regular season injury, there's no issue there long term. He was amazing all regular season before the injury.

Kicking a team when they're down is to be expected. Writing off a team that went deep in the playoffs ahead of expectation is comical.

Right, so those players under 25 are nice and all that, but who in there changes this team from a PP and a goalie, to a well rounded team that can control play at 5 on 5. They weren’t anticipated to make it past the first round, and they probably shouldn’t have.

Explain how with the cap restrictions this team can get better. Lafreniere is probably the best bet.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 25
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Speaking of premature….we don’t really know what Schneider is. Hes played 40 NHL games.

How’s this team getting better? They’re likely to lose center depth. Panarin, kreider, and in a couple years, Zibanejad are likely to decline. How is this team becoming more than a PP and a goalie?

Why and how is Panarin declining? Scored a career high in points this season and was hurt late in the regular season which hampered his playoff performance. We will find out in the coming days what his injury was.

Also, every team obviously needs veterans. 29/30 isn't senile and past their prime. If anything it's squarely within a player's prime.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Banni
For real... lots of projection there. The Bruins are the ones whose window is closing quickly, not the Rangers.

This doesn’t have anything to do with Boston.

I don’t think the rangers ever had a window. Instead of whining, why not lay out a realistic scenario where this team can change and get better.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 27
Right, so those players under 25 are nice and all that, but who in there changes this team from a PP and a goalie, to a well rounded team that can control play at 5 on 5. They weren’t anticipated to make it past the first round, and they probably shouldn’t have.

Explain how with the cap restrictions this team can get better. Lafreniere is probably the best bet.

You just said it yourself... all the players under 25! They relied all season on the veterans that you say are headed for a decline because the majority of the team is young and inexperienced. This playoff run was way more experience than anyone could have anticipated for those young guys. It's very obvious that they will rely on the young guys to step up next season and round out the team. Not to mention likely re-signing Motte and Copp.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Why and how is Panarin declining? Scored a career high in points this season and was hurt late in the regular season which hampered his playoff performance. We will find out in the coming days what his injury was.

Also, every team obviously needs veterans. 29/30 isn't senile and past their prime. If anything it's squarely within a player's prime.

30 is typically the age when forwards begin to decline. Panarin didn’t look like the same player to me. He was just as good on the PP, but at 5 on 5 i didn’t see what he used to bring. The production backs that up.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: NYR1983
Having a top 3(probably #1 in all reality) G is a step ahead of every other team. Having a great PP is a step ahead unless you are up against Vas or Saros. The youth will improve and the older guys will adjust and be support and experience. I wouldn’t say they lose in the 1st round moving forward. The leafs have more firepower then the rest of the league but can’t get through a round because they lack certain things that we have. Are we bad defensively? Oh yeah. Is the D made up of kids? Oh yeah with the exception of Trouba. Are we going to be the next Dynasty, no, but conference finals will happen in the next few years easy.

Having a goalie and a PP is a good thing.

Not being able to beat teams at 5 on 5 is a bad thing.
NYR1983 et Masonh618 a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 29
This doesn’t have anything to do with Boston.

I don’t think the rangers ever had a window. Instead of whining, why not lay out a realistic scenario where this team can change and get better.

The Rangers never had a window? The same Rangers who just went to an ECF when their own fans thought they were headed for a first round exit?

Idk where this Rangers hate is coming from but I'm telling you that as a fan of the team, I am more than happy with the result. Never expected them to get out of the first round. The future is bright as ever, I'm not sure how it could look remotely bleak lol.
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 30
30 is typically the age when forwards begin to decline. Panarin didn’t look like the same player to me. He was just as good on the PP, but at 5 on 5 i didn’t see what he used to bring. The production backs that up.

Are you talking regular season of playoffs? Regular season he scored almost 100 points, postseason he was dealing with his late regular season injury.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Are you talking regular season of playoffs? Regular season he scored almost 100 points, postseason he was dealing with his late regular season injury.

Re-read what i just said.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Banni
The Rangers never had a window? The same Rangers who just went to an ECF when their own fans thought they were headed for a first round exit?

Idk where this Rangers hate is coming from but I'm telling you that as a fan of the team, I am more than happy with the result. Never expected them to get out of the first round. The future is bright as ever, I'm not sure how it could look remotely bleak lol.

Sheeeeeeesh what is going on in this place? This has to be hate? Why is emotion involved here. Whats wrong with just having an opinion.

Speaking of which, you seem to have finally figured out what my point is. Did you not read the description? I don’t think this team was good enough to be where they were tonight. I think it was smoke and mirrors.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 35
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
I don't disagree, but I hope your wrong.
CMcAvoy73 a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 37
Sheeeeeeesh what is going on in this place? This has to be hate? Why is emotion involved here. Whats wrong with just having an opinion.

Speaking of which, you seem to have finally figured out what my point is. Did you not read the description? I don’t think this team was good enough to be where they were tonight. I think it was smoke and mirrors.

It just feels like a complete overreaction to say the Rangers are done, window closed, no chance for success in the future, given the season they just had. Zibanejad and Fox broke team playoff scoring records, Kreider hit 50 goals, Panarin hit all time points record. I'm not sure where the even strength nitpick is coming from (still didn't answer the question of whether you're referring to regular season or playoffs but I guess I can infer) because he scored 59 points at even strength.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 41
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,512
Having a goalie and a PP is a good thing.

Not being able to beat teams at 5 on 5 is a bad thing.

Young players learning and developing naturally will change that. I’m usually pretty agreeable to most of your views but this is a hot take. NYR will never win 2 rounds again 😂
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Banni
It just feels like a complete overreaction to say the Rangers are done, window closed, no chance for success in the future, given the season they just had. Zibanejad and Fox broke team playoff scoring records, Kreider hit 50 goals, Panarin hit all time points record. I'm not sure where the even strength nitpick is coming from (still didn't answer the question of whether you're referring to regular season or playoffs but I guess I can infer) because he scored 59 points at even strength.

Yes, 59 even strength points, which i think is his lowest rate since he was on chicago.

Again…i don’t think the window was ever open, and i just don’t see why this team gets better. Think kreider is going to do that again? Where’s the center depth coming from? I don’t think this team should have gotten out of the first round, and i don’t see a realistic route for them to be better next season.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: NYR1983
Young players learning and developing naturally will change that. I’m usually pretty agreeable to most of your views but this is a hot take. NYR will never win 2 rounds again 😂

Whats so hot about it? I don’t think it’s wild to say that if Pittsburgh had any of their goalies, this team loses in the first round. Are we having this conversation if they lost in 6 in the first round? Yes, i think this is as far as the panarin, Zibanejad, kreider group go.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage