This UFA market is gonna be nuts

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 13 h 44
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: aadoyle
This UFA market is gonna be nuts

Curious who you think will take Kerfoot off their hands with so many good under 25 players available for free?

For me Zach Aston-Reese is possible but if they want to address the the goaltending position (a 1B) that will limit what they can add in FA
12 juill. 2022 à 14 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Curious who you think will take Kerfoot off their hands with so many good under 25 players available for free?

For me Zach Aston-Reese is possible but if they want to address the the goaltending position (a 1B) that will limit what they can add in FA

Kerfoot is making 750k in actual dollars so teams wanting to save actual dollars and wanting to reach the floor will want a deal like his

Meanwhile most of these guys will be making 1.5-2.5mill

So in the end Kerfoot despite the higher cap hit will be making less

Like Arizona can overpay for some of these guys or take on Kerfoot then flip him at the TDL giving them some assets back.
12 juill. 2022 à 14 h 2
Ovchinnikov 137
Kerfoot is making 750k in actual dollars so teams wanting to save actual dollars and wanting to reach the floor will want a deal like his

I hope your right, his trade clause kicks in tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are able to move him out, cause they need the extra cap space
12 juill. 2022 à 14 h 4
Hakuna Matata
I hope your right, his trade clause kicks in tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are able to move him out, cause they need the extra cap space

I got a sneaking suspicion he is on his way to Chicago as they just seem to need guys rn and Kerfoot will help them reach the floor
12 juill. 2022 à 14 h 7
Ovchinnikov 137
I got a sneaking suspicion he is on his way to Chicago as they just seem to need guys rn and Kerfoot will help them reach the floor

Unless the move Kane, then sure. But right now they are well above the cap floor. They want to suck not add.
12 juill. 2022 à 14 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Unless the move Kane, then sure. But right now they are well above the cap floor. They want to suck not add.

I mean Kerfoot going doesnt change much that team is gonna suck bad
12 juill. 2022 à 15 h 39
Hakuna Matata
So after carful analysis I see 3 directions we can go based on movement

1. If they keep Kerfoot and move Holl

UFA's

1. Steel 850k x 2 years
2. Balcers 1.45 mill x 3 years
3. Samsonov 2.5mill x 2years

RFA's

Engvall 1.65-1.8mill x 2 years
Sandin 1.85mill - 2mill x 2 years

2. Move both Kerfoot and Holl

UFA's

1. Steel 850k x 2 years
3. Samsonov 2.5mill x 2years
4. Heinen 2mill x 3 years

RFA's

Engvall 1.65-1.8mill x 2 years
Sandin 1.85mill - 2mill x 2 years

3. Trade Kerfoot and Holl then add Miller and Reimer via trade

UFA's

1. Steel 850k x 2 years

RFA's

1. Engvall 1.65-1.8mill x 2 years
2. Sandin 1.85mill - 2mill x 2 years

Trades

1. Reimer 2.25mill x 1year
2. Miller (50% ret) 2.625mill x 1 year
13 juill. 2022 à 15 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 11
PAUL STATSNY...
If he's available at 1 - 1.5 (he is a 37 yr old player near the end of his career), I think he slots in nicely alongside Tavares if needed or a very solid 3rd line left winger to compliment Kampf and Aube-Kubel. A very fit, solid third line.
I also like BRIAN BOYLE and/or TREVOR LEWIS to fill out a 4th line with Audette at center. That's a pretty decent checking line. With Simmons/Clifford as scratches coming in when needed to add some moxy.
13 juill. 2022 à 18 h 31
Hakuna Matata
So once Holl is traded Leafs have around 1.2mill to spend on another wing or Dman depending on what Sandin and Engvall get

My guess Engvall 1.65mill x 2 years, Sandin 1.85mill x 2 years
16 juill. 2022 à 13 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
My $0.02.

Hearing people say that Holl will be traded. The status of Muzzin - and if he recovers fully from the last string of injury - is unclear. Lyubushkin is gone.

Our D core is weaker than ever, in my opinion.

Holl has become the player people (and a journalist) complain about, even though he plays well. 2M for a competent righty will be difficult to replace. The only rationale for a trade is that the unjustified bad press will affect his morale. We are almost sure to lose this trade.

If Muzzin can't return to his past glory, we have no one to replace him. Not clear Sandin is ready to play 22 minutes this season. Even if he is, though, he wouldn't take the defensive responsibilities Muzzin was taking.

The gamble will be if Liljegren can move up to the top 4 this year. If so, you can try:

Rielly - Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren
Sandin - (Jordie Benn?)

Your two PK pairs become something like Gio-Lily and Brodie-Benn. That's taking full advantange of having Gio at a discount top 4 for the entire year.

In short, with Muzzin not being able to continue as he was before, we will have moved from a decent D-core last year to a below average D-core. It's bad for us.

And in that scenario, Dubas would still need to find a replacement for Holl, someone to play with Sandin. It will be difficult to find a player of the same calibre as Holl for the same price or below.

In all scenarios, the Leafs are missing a top pairing RHD, big time.
16 juill. 2022 à 13 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: leaflet
My $0.02.

Hearing people say that Holl will be traded. The status of Muzzin - and if he recovers fully from the last string of injury - is unclear. Lyubushkin is gone.

Our D core is weaker than ever, in my opinion.

Holl has become the player people (and a journalist) complain about, even though he plays well. 2M for a competent righty will be difficult to replace. The only rationale for a trade is that the unjustified bad press will affect his morale. We are almost sure to lose this trade.

If Muzzin can't return to his past glory, we have no one to replace him. Not clear Sandin is ready to play 22 minutes this season. Even if he is, though, he wouldn't take the defensive responsibilities Muzzin was taking.

The gamble will be if Liljegren can move up to the top 4 this year. If so, you can try:

Rielly - Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren
Sandin - (Jordie Benn?)

Your two PK pairs become something like Gio-Lily and Brodie-Benn. That's taking full advantange of having Gio at a discount top 4 for the entire year.

In short, with Muzzin not being able to continue as he was before, we will have moved from a decent D-core last year to a below average D-core. It's bad for us.

And in that scenario, Dubas would still need to find a replacement for Holl, someone to play with Sandin. It will be difficult to find a player of the same calibre as Holl for the same price or below.

In all scenarios, the Leafs are missing a top pairing RHD, big time.

Muzzin I dont feel is going anywhere

He looked good in the playoffs like really good. Scored some goals made some plays it just seems unlikely he goes. As nobody on the Leafs blue line clears bodies in front of the net but him. Lybushkin did but hes in Buffalo now.

I got a feeling its

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin

As the big concern is lets say we trade Muzzin and Sandin has another knee injury then what. If both stay with the team you have insurance for either getting injured
2 août 2022 à 22 h 35
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539

Trades

2. Miller (50% ret) 2.625mill x 1 year

I think you'd have to give up a lot to get Miller with 50% retained for a whole season. He's a bargain even at full salary and Vancouver doesn't have cap space to burn. They didn't miss the playoffs by much and they were actually pretty good after Boudreau took over. They're in a relatively weak division so making the playoffs seems like a realistic goal, but they need Miller for that. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him if I was them.
2 août 2022 à 22 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: jr400
I think you'd have to give up a lot to get Miller with 50% retained for a whole season. He's a bargain even at full salary and Vancouver doesn't have cap space to burn. They didn't miss the playoffs by much and they were actually pretty good after Boudreau took over. They're in a relatively weak division so making the playoffs seems like a realistic goal, but they need Miller for that. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him if I was them.

I dont think its gonna be a tonne considering the market dipped and Vancouver waited to long. Should have traded him at the TDL when his value was insanely high. Now the value isnt as high considering we saw the trade market take a dip

From all reports we hear about him hes gonna want to get paid big and get term but Vancouver has other guys to worry about and there is 0 guarantee he does what he did last season. So by giving him his money Vancouver could end up hurting themselves more so then benefiting. Heck he may just leave in FA. In general, should have traded him while his value was insanely high as now they risk either losing him for nothing or not getting as good of a return now.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
I dont think its gonna be a tonne considering the market dipped and Vancouver waited to long. Should have traded him at the TDL when his value was insanely high. Now the value isnt as high considering we saw the trade market take a dip

From all reports we hear about him hes gonna want to get paid big and get term but Vancouver has other guys to worry about and there is 0 guarantee he does what he did last season. So by giving him his money Vancouver could end up hurting themselves more so then benefiting. Heck he may just leave in FA. In general, should have traded him while his value was insanely high as now they risk either losing him for nothing or not getting as good of a return now.

I agree that they’re probably not going to re-sign him. I was really just thinking about trading him versus letting him go as a UFA.

What you’re saying makes sense if their goal is to trade him for maximum return (though one of the reasons deadline trades fetch such a good return is because they often involve salary retention – no way I’m retaining salary on Miller for a whole season), but Vancouver is not a rebuilding team, so I’m not sure that’s their goal. I think their goal is to make the playoffs. They have a pretty good young core, but after an impressive showing in the bubble they’ve missed the playoffs the last two seasons. They really need to get back in now.

People seem to think that losing a good player for nothing is the worst thing that can happen to a team. It’s not. Sure, it hurts, and it’s difficult for fans to accept, but when the player leaves you get back his cap space, which is a valuable commodity that can be put to work to replace him, extend other players, or improve the team in other areas. You would expect his trade value to decrease the longer you keep him (assuming he’s not on a bad contract), eventually reaching zero if you still have him when his contract expires, but the main reason you acquire players (usually) is to have them play for you, so his playing value and how much of it you have left has to be considered in any trade decision too. If he’s an important part of the team and you’re trying to put the best team on the ice now, getting one more good year out of him is probably worth more than what you’d get in a trade.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage