My FA targets as of now
1. Lazar (should be able to be got for 1.05mill x 3 years)
2. Ho-Sang (I think he technically counts as a free agent 925k x 2 years to me he is Bunting 2.0)
3. Cody Eakin (1mill x 2 years) --> Imagine 4 centers with the capability of winning faceoffs more than 50% of the time. Also is Kampf insurance should he take a penalty or is hurt)
4. One of Holtby, MAF, Husso (3-4.5mill)
Now should these players get Bought-Out/Non-Qualified would look at the following and how much they should sign for
1. Monahan (2mill x 1 year basically what Wennberg did)
2. White (1.5mill x 2 years)
3. Wood (1.85mill x 2 years)
4. Murray (1.5mill x 2 years)
Havent posted it yet but so far I have come up with the following team
MAF (if he decides to come 3mill x 1 year)
Murray (gets bought out so is making 2.5mill from Ottawa + 1.5mill from Toronto so hes making 4mill all things considered which is why we can probs get him under 2mill)
Extras: Simmonds, Anderson, Dahlstrom
Wont discuss trades as to me I think its just gonna be money out go get UFA's
But who knows maybe Dubas trades for Gibson or something
I like some ideas you have, others I'm worried about.
One big one, Tavares can still take FOs but has to shift to wing like Stamkos. So we need someone with speed to play 2C when not taking FOs.
I love an idea of trading Sandin for Lundell.
Lazar is interesting idea, Ho-Sang I'm interested but to insert as 2RW is a reach.
Fleury has to be going to the Penguins.
Holtby, cant do it... just cant stay healthy enough to warrant a chance.
Husso is on everyone's list, including mine.
He will be highly sought after.
How do you feel about deal centered around Mzraek for Murray with retention?
Muzzin has to go, I know you said you dont know about trades... I just dont know how to bring back.
For me that means we will need minimum 2 x top4 D man, tough decisions ahead.