SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final Draft Rankings

Final Draft Rankings

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 4 juin 2022 à 23 h 56
Description
This is my final rankings before the draft. I will be posting a big mock draft once the playoffs are over. If you have any thoughts or feedback please let me know and I will respond.

Lane Hutson Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkT4hocMYqc
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-I was torn on this spot. Its between only Shane Wright and Logan Cooley. And yes, Juraj Slafkovsky is nowhere near being in contention for first overall because of certain flaws in his playstyle. Wright has the slight edge over Cooley, while he’s playing worse Wright doesn’t have any flaws in his playstyle. The only flaw I would say Wright has been the consistency offensively. The production wasn’t really as consistent as people expected and he really didn’t exceed seasonal expectations this year. But the upside and potential are super high, I see Wright as a cornerstone and/or core piece of a rebuilding franchise. Wright plays a multidimensional two-way game, all around he’s solid and the four-way agility and mobility are insanely exceptional. But it’s the lethal shooting that adds that extra dimension to his game. Also, he’s a great three-zone player who plays with excellent maturity and intelligence. Overall, a guaranteed NHL ready player as of now, there’s nothing big that Wright needs to work on minus the consistency offensively. I’ve heard about the Bergeron comparisons but I don’t really like it because Bergeron is not inconsistent offensively. I more so see a lot of Jonathan Toews in his play style, very sound all-around and a capable leader on and off the ice. Whoever drafts him should be very happy with what they are getting, they will get a future Hall of Famer.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-In the last explanation, I did say that I was torn between Wright and Cooley. Now that Wright has been ranked, this is the easy choice. There’s no doubt that Cooley is the best player behind Wright. While most people think its Slafkovsky, I do think its Cooley. When you compare the flaws that both players have, it’s a huge difference. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t look at recent performance only. You should also look at player strengths, weaknesses, and character. The only knock I see with Cooley is the size. But honestly speaking, size isn’t really a big issue anymore, teams should have learnt their lesson after seeing the impact that such players like Cole Caufield and Alex DeBrincat made. While I don’t really compare Cooley to both of those players, I see a lot of Brayden Point in his game. Undersized, never takes a shift off, and plays with exceptional poise with and without the puck. Like Wright, Cooley is also a reliable three-zone player with solid maturity and intelligence, if not better. Cooley also has exceptional skating on his feet. His shot isn’t as powerful as Wright’s but its still very accurate. Overall, a solid player who could become a cornerstone for the team that drafts him. His game is already solid, but in the NCAA next year, his game will get even better.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-I originally had Slafkovsky pinned at 3rd because of recency bias, but I decided not to overlook that, instead I now have Nemec slotted here. I also had David Jiricek above Nemec, but Nemec played the whole World Championship whereas Jiricek was scratched half of his games. For Nemec, I do see a lot of scenarios where he could go first overall, but it’s a low chance. A wildcard for first overall, I do see a lot of Miro Heiskanen in his game. High-end skater, offensively sound, and above average size. Reason why I say above average only is because 6’0’’ on the dot is relatively small for a defenseman in particular. Nemec is a solid offensive defenseman with a solid two-zone game. Nemec’s shot is powerful and accurate and the four-way agility and mobility is there. Hockey IQ is elite; he always makes the smart decision with the puck. The one knock with Nemec is the shot selection. I often see that Nemec mostly shoots near the blue line, he often shies away from pinching to close quarters in the offensive zone. Other than that, like the two selected above him, Nemec has potential to become a building block for the team that drafts him.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-This is where Slafkovsky goes. I would put him lower, but the recent play makes up for his flaws. His MVP winning performance at the Olympics and his point-per-game play at the World Championship was inspiring and really put him in the top 5 radar. No question that this player belongs in the top 5, but the one knock I have with Slafkovsky is the skating. He often is very slow with the puck, resulting in bad plays during the backcheck. Thanks to his big frame at 6’4’’, his forechecking is relatively decent, he uses that frame in an effective manner. He also is becoming a solid multidimensional player, his shot is lethal, but it’s the playmaking that adds that extra dimension. The playmaking definitely took a big step during the World Championship, Slafkovsky would always make the smart pass in all three zones. Despite solid international performances, Slafkovsky’s season in Finland was lackluster. He was inconsistent throughout. Overall, a solid player despite the flaws mentioned. I will say this, if Slafkovsky’s skating doesn’t improve, he could very well be a bust.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-This was actually pretty easy to rank. No question the best player available right now is David Jiricek. Even though he was scratched and overshadowed by a couple NHL players during the World Championship, while he actually was playing, he did very well. He definitely showed a lot of promise after being injured most of the year. Whenever Jiricek was healthy this season, he played better than the players selected above him. But Nemec is above Jiricek mostly because of the limited playing time. Jiricek could be considered a wildcard for the top 3, I see a lot of Darnell Nurse in his game. I would say Jiricek is worse offensively but way better defensively than Nemec. Offensively, he does take a lot of dumb stick checks resulting in turnovers. Defensively Jiricek always makes the right plays instead of head scratching ones. Jiricek may not have the elite skating that Nemec has, but he’s way bigger than Nemec at 6’3’’. Though he could bulk up more, but not a lot. He is skinny despite the big frame. Jiricek’s shot selection is solid and he has a boomer of a shot that he can score off of anywhere. Jiricek also doesn’t shy away from pinching inside the offensive zone. 2 points (1G, 1A) is actually really solid for a guy his age playing with and against NHL competition. Overall, Jiricek can become a really solid franchise defenseman if he stays healthy. If he continues to be injured, Jiricek could very well be a bust. Very solid two-way defenseman who could be NHL ready day one. But more than likely a year in the AHL would benefit him better to get him adapted to the smaller rinks. Or maybe the CHL even, they also have smaller rinks.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoAnother easy rank here. Its very clear that Savoie is the best player available at this point. He is arguably the flashiest skater in the draft and a prolific playmaker. This is a player who I compare a lot to Nikolaj Ehlers because of his capability during 1 on 1 battles and speed with the puck, Savoie’s really fast with it. His shot adds another dimension to his game, making a well-rounded offensive toolkit. But he’s mostly known for playmaking and he plays with solid intelligence and smarts. The one knock that is noticeable in Savoie’s game is the physicality but that’s mostly because he’s undersized at 5’8’’. But like we said with Cooley, teams should have learnt their lessons about undersized players. Size simply doesn’t matter anymore. Overall, Savoie is a player to get excited over, he has high potential to become a high-end first liner. His fast skating could earn him a spot in the NHL day 1, and he will continue to be the prolific player he already is.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-This may be a head scratcher to some people, and I do get it. Kemell’s second half to the season was not very good. Its not about how you start, its about how you finish. There are players below him that had stronger second halves to their respective seasons, but the thing is Kemell has very high value because he’s the best goal-scorer or sniper in the draft. His start to his season in the Liiga was inspiring, at one point he led all players in points, which is outstanding for a Liiga rookie. His performance in the U18 championship was also decent. A see a lot of David Pastrnak qualities in his game, a shoot-first forward but also excels at playmaking. The one knock on Kemell is his three-zone physicality, he doesn’t utilize it well. Also, he’s a liability in his own end defensively, the effort in that department isn’t quite there. But overall, a solid goal-scorer who could probably get 40+ goals in the near future. Projected as a high-end first liner in the NHL.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Now we have a late bloomer in Frank Nazar. His rankings have risen big-time, his ending to his season was good enough to earn himself a spot in my top 10. While he doesn’t have the size and strength of a top 10 player, he checks off all the boxes to be a top 10 player. Nazar is molded in as a prolific playmaker, I see a lot of Mitch Marner comparisons. He’s very versatile in the NCAA level in terms of position, he plays center or wing. Mostly center, but he really shouldn’t be a center in the NHL. Because of the low strength, being a winger will benefit Nazar better. And probably have a bigger body at center. Nazar excels best at playmaker and his shooting is above average. His four-way agility and mobility in all three zones is exceptional. His skating could be described as smooth and silky. Whoever drafts Nazar will be bringing a lot flash and/or flare into their roster. Nazar is committed to the NCAA next year, if the strength and/or stamina improves there, I see Nazar as a impactful first liner in the NHL after he finishes there.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-A very interesting player we have here, yet like Nazar, this is another late bloomer. Lekkerimaki put his name on the radar during the U18 championship where he led the tournament in points with 15 (5G, 10A) in 6 games, which made him worthy of being a top 10 ranked player on my board. Positional flexibility is very solid, he can play either center or right wing. He mostly plays center and based off his size; I think he could stay as a center in the NHL. It won’t be long before Lekkerimaki even makes it to the big leagues, his NHL-ready offensive toolkit could earn him a spot in the NHL on day 1. But more than likely he will need a year in the AHL or SHL. While the offensive toolkit is elite, Lekkerimaki has a subpar defensive toolkit. I see a lot of Kyle Connor in this kid, pure offensively-minded, but not so great defensively. Lekkerimaki is mostly known for his elite playmaking skills, but the shot is also very accurate and powerful. He also plays with advanced vision with the puck, he often is able to think ahead of the play. He’s also a menace in close quarters of the net with the puck. Overall, if Lekkerimaki’s season was longer, he could have made a case to be selected in the top 5. I wouldn’t call him a wildcard for that range, but I see a lot of potential. Lekkerimaki projects to be a bonified top 6 forward in the NHL.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-I don’t wanna say it again because I’ve said it too many times, but yet again another late bloomer. Gauthier has skyrocketed up people’s draft boards, there’s a lot to like about him. He’s a player who puts all the effort in during a daily basis, he never takes a shift off. By leaps and bounds, Gauthier is the second-best power forward in the draft only behind Slafkovsky, I see a lot of Matt Duchene in his game. Whoever drafts him will be adding sandpaper to their roster, one knock on Gauthier is the inconsistency offensively. Gauthier had a solid start to the season, but his ending wasn’t the same. Similar situation to Wright, it doesn’t matter how you start, its more about how you finish a season. He could also bulk up being a power forward and all. Overall, Gauthier is projected as a high-value top 6 winger. He does have the skill and ability to be effective as a center, but ideally he’s more valuable on the wing.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-This is a player who has been up and down the draft board for me. At the beginning I originally had McGroarty way lower than this near the 20th mark, but his ending of his respective season combined with his brilliant performance during the U18 championship made him jump back up in the draft board. Jumping up from the near-20 mark to 11th is a big rise. McGroarty is a prolific power forward, I would compare him to Blake Coleman. His 200-ft game is arguably the best, if not one of the best in the draft. Just a menace near the net. For a power forward, McGroarty needs to grow more but is bulky enough. Another knock on him is the skating, I find that McGroarty is often too slow with and without the puck. Mostly without the puck as the skating heavily affects his presence on the backcheck. He does tend to take a lot of dumb infractions, some games he stays in the penalty box too much. Overall, a player to get excited over, McGroarty has solid potential to be a full-time top 6 center in the NHL.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-This might be another head scratcher to a lot of people, and once again, I do get it. Russian hockey got banned and the situation is really bad over there. Yurov hasn’t been playing and yes while that has heavily affected his stock, his ceiling and upside is still relatively high and worth the top 15. Most people on this site have him locked outside the top 15, but for me he barely makes it in that range. Yurov is a very intriguing player because he played this season with two different playstyles. At the start of the season, Yurov played like a pure goal-scorer, but now he’s molded in as a power forward. His physicality took a huge step this year and it’s turned into one of his biggest strengths. Yurov has solid aggressiveness in all three zones, the shot is lethal, and the smarts are there. One knock on Yurov however, is the skating. His overall agility isn’t the greatest, whoever drafts will be adding sandpaper to their roster. Overall, a player who could probably become the best player out of the draft in the near future. Yurov may have been scoreless in the KHL this season, but its impossible to score a lot of points while playing 4 minutes a night. I feel like he was rushed into the KHL because in the MHL Yurov’s production was decent. He could be considered a wildcard for the top 10, his potential screams top 6 winger.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-Back-to-back head scratchers as I’ve seen a lot of people on this site rank Mateychuk at the 30th mark. That’s way too low for him, especially considering his ending to his respective season. Mateychuk is a solid stay-at-home defenseman, meaning he won’t produce many points for you, he will mostly defend the puck. But he still can provide offense as he’s not really a defensive defenseman. I would say he’s a two-way guy. He checks all the boxes of what a GM wants out of a defenseman, solid hockey IQ, four-way agility, mobility, and correct positioning with and without the puck. I often see him making the smart play rather than being flashy like defenseman such as Cale Makar or any other offensive defenseman. The one knock I have on Mateychuk is the decision making with and without the puck. He creates too much space for the opposition at times, resulting in odd man rushes or breakaways the other way. Overall, Mateychuk is a super skilled two-way defender with high upside. His stock is interchangeable with Pavel Mintyukov and Kevin Korchinski’s. No matter what, I see Mateychuk having a bonified top 4 defensive role in the NHL. Develops well enough he could even slide into a top 2 role someday.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-In the last explanation, I said that the rankings between Mateychuk, Mintyukov, and Korchinski is interchangeable. After Mateychuk, Mintyukov is the best one over Korchinski. Simply because Mintyukov has been more consistent. Like Mateychuk, Pavel Mintyukov is a solid two-way defenseman with solid potential. Teams shouldn’t fear that he’s a Russian playing in the CHL, by the way he’s played this season it is evident that he’s adapted to the smaller rinks well. He’s one of the calmest defensive prospects I’ve seen in a while as he often pinches in the offensive zone. Improvement on his shot was evident, while scouting him I saw it got more powerful. He may not be the biggest of all defenseman at 6’0’’, but he is able to utilize his frame in an effective manner. Keep in mind that he’s a rare left-shot defenseman, so I totally see him being a wildcard for the top 10 (if a team really needs a left-shot defenseman, can’t think of any at the moment). There isn’t many left-shot defenseman in the beginning stages of this year’s draft. I see a lot of Ivan Provorov in Mintyukov’s game, very calm despite the size. Overall, a player to get excited over, I feel like Mintyukov can be a talented top 4 defender in the NHL. It won’t be long until he actually makes his debut in the big leagues.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Now for the third defenseman out of the group I’ve mentioned: Kevin Korchinski. Unlike the other two (Mateychuk and Mintyukov), Korchinski is a late bloomer and has skyrocketed up the draft board. His ending to his respective season was inspiring, his point production took a massive jump. Korchinski is molded in as a pure offensive defenseman, I like a lot of Cale Makar in his game. Solid skater and highly offensive. He’s most dangerous on the power play as he’s able to keep the puck in the offensive zone most of the time. There are two flaws I see in Korchinski’s game. One being the shot power, especially for an offensive defenseman. When he shoots the puck, there’s barely any air height. The other flaw is the consistency offensively. His start to the season was very lackluster. But I’ve said this many times before now, it doesn’t matter how you start, its more about how you finish. Korchinski finished the season on a positive note, so he’s the first round.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasI hate putting Lambert this low, but after this season’s lackluster performance, I have to. Lambert has the skill and ability to be ranked in the top 5 maybe even top 3. But he only tapped into that range during the U20 championship, where he led Finland with 5 points (1G, 4A). Aside from that performance, Lambert’s point production has been inconsistent. This kid has potential to become the steal of the drafts, he’s arguably the fastest skater in the draft next to Savoie. When I look at his game, I think of Mikko Rantanen. High-end playmaking skills and elite four-way agility. Lambert is a complete playmaker, his awareness with the puck is solid. Elite hockey sense as well, as the puck handling is exceptional. Its very tough for opponents to knock the puck off him. In the Liiga, Lambert plays center, but don’t forget that scouts project him to play at right wing at the NHL level at a full-time basis. Overall, this is a solid upside ranking at 16th overall. I would put Lambert down, but with his skating being one of the best, if not the best in the draft, he barely stays out of the top 15. A guaranteed wildcard for the top 10, Lambert has potential to become a high-end top 6 winger. If he bounces back sooner rather than later, Lambert could make a case for being a low-end first liner in the future. This is the biggest boom or bust pick in the first round.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-I absolutely hate putting this player here, but with this draft class being all over the place with stock, Howard unfortunately drops to 17th. I do see him more so being drafted inside the top 15, given his stellar performance during the U18 championship. Unlike many bottom-15 1st rounders, Howard is a multidimensional player. He is known for his high-end playmaking skills but its his sniper ability that adds that extra dimension to his game. His player comparable: a more consistent version of Filip Zadina. Howard is just an offensive threat to others. His hockey sense is incredible and his awareness with the puck is consistent and fantastical. One knock on Howard, however, is the positioning during defensive situations. He often puts himself in questionable areas on the ice while playing defense, resulting in either breakaways or odd-man rushes. Overall, very inspiring player and a solid upside pick at 17th, just like Lambert.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-Okay, I did say that Lambert is arguably the biggest boom or bust player in the draft. But if he’s not, its gotta be Conor Geekie for sure. I think based off his play style flaws, Geekie has potential to become a top 6 center in the NHL or simply a bust. The flaws in Geekie’s game are major. First one being the skating. He’s way too slow for my liking, especially for a power forward. And I said this with Slafkovsky, skating is a very important aspect in hockey. Second weakness is the balance. Despite his solid, big frame at 6’4’’ and over 200 pounds, Geekie tends to lose balance too much after being hit. But still, this is a solid upside pick at 18th, and I hate putting Geekie here. But with these flaws, its also hard to put him in the top 15, though I do see him as a wildcard for even the top 10. Despite these flaws, there’s still a lot to like about Geekie. He’s molded in as a true power forward. His shot is very powerful and accurate, and for a center especially, his awareness with the puck is insane. Overall, a high risk but exceptional upside pick. As of now, I see Geekie becoming a high-end top 6 center in the big leagues. If the skating doesn’t improve itself, Geekie could very well be a bust.
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-A lot of people on this site have Miroshnichenko pegged in at this spot at 19th. But honestly, he’s nowhere near that range. He may not even get drafted this year. Instead, I have the Swedish playmaker in Ostlund. I see him having a Patrick Kane type career, will score you lots of goals, but mostly makes sweet dishes to teammates. Despite being undersized at 5’11’’, Ostlund plays bigger than his size. He put his name on the NHL radar during his U18 performance. Alongside Lekkerimaki, Ostlund was one of Sweden’s bright spots. Before I had him way lower at 30th, but a lot of people on this site have him as a wildcard for the top 10. So why not put him in-between at 19th? I do see Ostlund falling because of the size, but once again teams should have learnt their lesson that size doesn’t matter anymore. This is the highest I think Ostlund could go. That’s the one knock I have with Ostlund, and I will add onto this that the size is heavily affecting the physical aspects of the game. He often shies away from being physical. However, his high-end playmaking and creativity with the puck makes up for that flaw. This is a player with high offensive upside, I see Ostlund being a mid-level top 6 center in the big leagues.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-I think this is the highest Ty Nelson will go. Some people on this site have Nelson out of the first round, but his defensive upside is worthy of being in the top 20. Offensive upside is not worth the first round, but whenever he is put in offensive scenarios, he often excels. He’s more classified as a two-way defenseman. A bit undersized at 5’10’’, but nearly over 200 pounds which is fine. He’s molded in a similar fashion to Jared Spurgeon, undersized but is a solid two-way guy. If anything, Nelson’s stock has dwindled down, his point production is unacceptable for the first round. However, the upside and the fact that his poise is one of the best in the draft puts him in the first round. Skating is also decent, so that’s another big reason. Overall, I see Nelson has a high-end smart top 4 defenseman in the NHL sooner rather than later.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-This is the highest that I think Dumais will go. I see two scenarios with this player. First one is Tyler Boucher like situation, some teams in the top 10 will overlook recency basis and go for him. The other scenario being similar to a Nikita Chibrikov situation, where Dumais will fall to the second round because of size. So, I basically have him in the middle range of where people on this site have him going. But Dumais is a high-rewarding pick at this range and arguably the biggest late bloomer of the draft. His ending to his season was phenomenal. Dumais is known as an undersized playmaker who plays with a lot of flash. His offensive toolkit is very flashy, fans could get excited over some of the plays he tends to make. Apart from the size, another knock in Dumais game is the shot utilization. Dumais often shies away from shooting below the hash marks, most of the goals he scores are scored in close quarters of the net. But once again, a high rewarding player at this spot, I see him as a mid-level top 6 winger in the NHL.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonAnother late bloomer here. Before the U18 tournament, Kulich was a player that I completely forgot about, so I originally had him at the mid-stages of the second round on my draft board. Apart from the likes of Eduard Sale (top 2023 draft prospect), Kulich was the brightest spot for Czechia during the U18’s. He led the team in points with 11 (9G, 2A). If he had stayed in the top Czech league the whole season, I would have him a lot of higher than this. His play style is very interesting, at the beginning of the season it looked like he would have a Alexander Barkov-type career. Very skilled two-way forward and played a consistent game. Now yet still playing consistent, Kulich has been playing like a sniper, so now I would compare his game to Auston Matthews, a pure goal-scorer who is above average in the faceoff circle. Despite being at only 6’0’’ on the dot, Kulich utilizes his size very well. He is also a solid three-zone skater and puck protector. The amount of competitiveness in Kulich’s game is strong, he always plays at a high compete level. His potential screams low-end top 6 center in the NHL.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Del Bel Belluz, also known as DBB, is one of the best defensive forwards in the draft. You could make the argument that he’s the best two-way forward in the OHL. He is one of the most underrated players in this draft, he can just do everything for you on the ice, whether it is with and without the puck. Seriously just a very reliable three-zone player. DBB may check all the boxes to be a solid top 6 center in the NHL sooner rather than later, but one knock on him is the strength. With and without the puck, he shies away from using his body to make or defend plays often. And for a center especially, you need strength because you are mostly positioned in the dangerous areas of the ice. This is one of few players I haven’t scouted much deeply.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Now we have a forward who is currently on the rise. I could see Kasper being picked in the top 15 because of recency basis. But at the same time, I also see Kasper dropping to the second round because the one knock on his game is the effort without the puck. I feel like that could scare some teams away. Kasper is an offensive juggernaut, he checks all the boxes to be a well-rounded offensive top 6 center in the NHL. He will take a similar development path to guys like Owen Tippett or maybe Cole Sillinger for example. Though I wouldn’t compare him to Tippett or Sillinger, I would say Kasper has a lot of Mark Schiefele qualities in his game. Offensively skilled center, but doesn’t put any effort defensively. Not only is Kasper offensive-heavy, he is a very fast skater. I think he needs another year in the SHL to develop given his minutes this season were extremely low. Unlike Sillinger, I don’t expect Kasper to make the NHL day 1 and shock the world.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-At this range, there’s about 30-50 guys that could go here. But I think the best one available is the playmaking riser in Ohgren. His performance during the U18’s was inspiring and fantastical. Overall, Ohgren is someone I haven’t scouted much, but whenever I did scout him, I see a lot of Niklas Backstrom in his game, just without the faceoffs. Just a complete playmaker, who is really production. His production in the SHL may not look promising, but his production in the top U20 league was outstanding. Nearly put up over two points per game, exactly 58 points (33G, 25A). Ohgren checks all the boxes to be a low-end second liner in the NHL.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryThe coolest name in the draft is on the rise and that is Jagger Firkus. Reason he is on the rise is not only because of his incredible ending, its his offensive toolkit that brings him up heavily. Firkus is a complete goal-scorer and he plays with flash and a high compete level. His playmaking makes his offensive toolkit more well-rounded and his elite four-way agility adds an extra dimension to his game. While there’s a lot to like about Firkus, there’s a few weaknesses in his game. The biggest weakness is the size, its nowhere near NHL ready. He’s a part-time center, but in the NHL being on the wing will benefit his development process better. He also struggles defensively and because of the small frame, Firkus shies away from being a physical presence on the ice. Whoever drafts him will NOT be drafting him for defense, they will be drafting Firkus for offense-only. Despite the flaws in his game, Firkus could be a low-end top 6 winger in the NHL. It will take a while for him to develop, but it will be worth the wait. He’s basically a small Andrei Svechnikov.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThis is surprisingly a high-value pick at this spot, given the fact that Chelsey is the best defensive defenseman in the draft. At the beginning of the season, I had Chelsey in my top 15, but overall consistency and effort offensively made me drop him down to the second round in my previous rankings. However, the offensive took a big improvement in the U18 championship, so here he is in the mid-stages of the first round. I see the Ryan Suter-type future in him, defensively sound and solid gap control. The shot is solid and his horizontal agility is above average. However, Chelsey does lack acceleration with and without the puck and he tends to take too many penalties. If the offensive aspects of the game continue to improve, Chelsey could be a steal if taken at this spot. But at the same time, because he’s the best defensive defenseman in the class, I also see him moving up. Just a solid future middle-pairing defenseman.
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideThis is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. Linked at the top is a video showcasing Hutson’s exceptional puck control ability. I think its one of the best I’ve seen in a long time, especially considering the small frame he has. This is also a late bloomer; I would say Hutson put his name on the NHL radar during the U18 tournament. When you compare the USA defensemen, I think Hutson outplayed both Chelsey and Seamus Casey. Hutson, despite being only 5’8’’, checks all the boxes to be a gem in this draft and solidify himself as a future top 4 defenseman in the NHL. He is a complete offensive defenseman. I would compare his play style to a lefty Cale Makar. Small, but offensively sound. Hutson’s edgework and/or four-way mobility on his feet is also very good and he utilizes it inside the offensive zone. Overall, a very skilled defenseman and I think his strengths could translate well into the NHL. It will take a few years to Hutson to bulk up and grow, but it will be worth the wait.
29Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkNow we have a player who has one of the best hands in the draft, if not the best. This may be a project pick, but Trikozov has elite playmaking skills and a high amount of competitiveness in his game. He’s a reliable two-zone player (offensive and neutral zones), he makes all the smart plays in there. Given the fact he’s Russian, I still think Trikozov has high potential. Given the right development process, I see him as a solid middle 6 forward.
30Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-This is an underrated player by people on this site. This is the best Swiss-born player since Hischier. Bichsel is one of the taller defenseman of the class, but unfortunately has average value. Definitely a project pick, there are multiple questions regarding his offensive upside. Still a lot to like about the defensive aspects of the game, I see a lot of Ryan Suter in his game. Just a solid defensive two-way guy and lethal puck protector. For a tall defenseman, Bichsel’s skating is relatively decent, usually tall guys don’t have the greatest skating, its something I’ve noticed lately. Apart from the offensive upside, another big knock-on Bichsel’s play style is the decision making, sometimes it results in a bad turnover that eventually leads to an opposition goal. But he makes up for it with his three-zone maturity and intelligence. Bichsel also doesn’t shy away from being physical. Once again, a low upside pick especially at this spot, but still a solid future top 4 player in the near future.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-This is probably an underrated player, one of the best two-way forwards in the draft. What’s funny about this player is that whenever I’m scouting OTHER players besides him, he’s often present in most highlights I watch, something that you rarely see. That’s why he’s higher than some people have him, such a flashy player. Snuggerud often makes the smart pass in all three zones, and has solid finishing ability. No risk at all with this pick, but an extremely high reward. In the future, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him win a Selke trophy and maybe be a team captain, but given the right development, I see Snuggerud as a reliable 2nd liner.
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoI was torn on this ranking. There are so many names that could go here. I think the one that makes sense would be Seamus Casey. We have had a lot of late bloomers already be ranked, now we have a player on the decline. Casey had a down season this year, and his name on the NHL radar become more invisible during the U18 tournament. On the USA team, Casey would be outshined by both Chesley and Hutson. Casey did play decent, but slightly worse than both of them. This is a boom or bust pick because of the consistency, I see an Erik Brannstrom-type future in this kid. Just pure offense. Casey’s biggest strength is his skating, the four-way agility and mobility in the opposition’s end is exceptional. In the offensive zone, Casey plays with a lot of maturity and intelligence. Overall, a high risk pick but maybe high reward if given the right development process.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 56
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 56
Démarrer sujet
power forward
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 56
Démarrer sujet
power forward
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Playersoverpayed a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
power forward
TheMooterus a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
power forward
bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 58
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Chaser088 a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 23 h 59
Démarrer sujet
power forward
5 juin 2022 à 16 h 25
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 627
thoughts on Miroschinhenko? i know he’s gonna drop because of the cancer, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see a team like ARI or MTL take a chance late first round because of how high the reward could be
5 juin 2022 à 22 h 33
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: TuckerPoolman
thoughts on Miroschinhenko? i know he’s gonna drop because of the cancer, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see a team like ARI or MTL take a chance late first round because of how high the reward could be

He's an honorable mention for the first round. If he didn't have cancer, I would put him between 15-25.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage