Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #5-The East and the West

2 juin 2022 à 1 h 12
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: Devil
Articles in NY tomorrow:

Should Steven Stamkos receive a lifetime ban from the NHL for VICIOUSLY PUNCHING Igor Shesterkin?

New York Post article titles hit different
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 1 h 23
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

This is such a stupid philosophy. I can’t believe the NHL still gets away with hiding injuries. I hope NHL betting gets more popular so that the bookies force Bettman to enact a rule that injuries (type and length) must be fully disclosed. It’s already been annoying af for years trying to deal with every cough and every sore thumb and also every broken leg being a “game time decision” (meaning a DTD player might miss 0 games or multiple weeks and you’d never know because it’s a guessing game to figure out what’s wrong with him) in fantasy hockey, now that major money is being put on the line because hockey betting is growing larger, it’s close to inexcusable. It really grinds my gears when it’s this blatant too, like “of course I’m not telling you this information that majorly affects the projected outcome of the game! Why on earth would I do that?” and the answer is always because Bettman lets them get away with it.
2 juin 2022 à 2 h 42
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Either way, they were gift wrapped a top 2 pick 2 years in a row when they weren’t a bottom 5 team either year. They’re the luckiest team in the league. I can’t stand them. And if I see “no quit in New York” on one more Snapchat story I’m gonna explode

There was a "No Quit" t-shirt waiting for me on my seat at the game on Saturday. The kid next to me went home with two.
2 juin 2022 à 5 h 2
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: Alfie11
This is such a stupid philosophy. I can’t believe the NHL still gets away with hiding injuries. I hope NHL betting gets more popular so that the bookies force Bettman to enact a rule that injuries (type and length) must be fully disclosed. It’s already been annoying af for years trying to deal with every cough and every sore thumb and also every broken leg being a “game time decision” (meaning a DTD player might miss 0 games or multiple weeks and you’d never know because it’s a guessing game to figure out what’s wrong with him) in fantasy hockey, now that major money is being put on the line because hockey betting is growing larger, it’s close to inexcusable. It really grinds my gears when it’s this blatant too, like “of course I’m not telling you this information that majorly affects the projected outcome of the game! Why on earth would I do that?” and the answer is always because Bettman lets them get away with it.

after watching calgary try to take a foot from drai i get why they don't disclose injuries and i think it's a good policy.
Hurricanes_WPG, yikes, oilersguy and 3 others a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 5 h 2
retired
Modifié 2 juin 2022 à 7 h 2
nice job rangers
2 juin 2022 à 6 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Db1899
This game should be 6-2 lightning already

Rip, this aged well, switch the team maybe. No idea how NYR won but sure
zk97, justaBoss, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 11 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Vasy was never this bad against the islanders, Jesus must be a rangers fan

Quoting: aadoyle
I mean to be fair he never had 9 days off in a playoff series. Meanwhile NYR played last Saturday

Kills off any momentum

Andrei Vasilevsky make a save challenge, impossible

Vasi was not the problem game 1 lol
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 11 h 24
Quoting: DirtyDangle
after watching calgary try to take a foot from drai i get why they don't disclose injuries and i think it's a good policy.

trying to injure an opponent is illegal, and if you’re too injured to take a legal hit, then you shouldn’t be playing. That’s more an indictment on the league’s terrible officiating than anything else, as well as the policy that TEAM doctors make the decision on who plays or not (like, what Oilers employee is telling Leon Draisaitl he’s not playing, and thus taking the full blame when they inevitably lose? Nobody wants to do that)
2 juin 2022 à 11 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
trying to injure an opponent is illegal, and if you’re too injured to take a legal hit, then you shouldn’t be playing. That’s more an indictment on the league’s terrible officiating than anything else, as well as the policy that TEAM doctors make the decision on who plays or not (like, what Oilers employee is telling Leon Draisaitl he’s not playing, and thus taking the full blame when they inevitably lose? Nobody wants to do that)

if there was a real deterrent to injuring a teams best players. it wouldnt happen as often. you wouldnt get nearly as many head shots.
2 juin 2022 à 11 h 41
Quoting: hanson493
if there was a real deterrent to injuring a teams best players. it wouldnt happen as often. you wouldnt get nearly as many head shots.

yeah, this league doesn’t enforce it’s rules. It’s one of many issues. Putting someone in charge of DOPS that wasn’t formerly a goon might help, maybe someone like Paul Kariya whose career was ended by predatory hits, or better yet an independent 3rd party, idk though, just thinking outside the box, so we can expect this exactly never
yikes et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 11 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
yeah, this league doesn’t enforce it’s rules. It’s one of many issues. Putting someone in charge of DOPS that wasn’t formerly a goon might help, maybe someone like Paul Kariya whose career was ended by predatory hits, or better yet an independent 3rd party, idk though, just thinking outside the box, so we can expect this exactly never

I’d love 3rd party (like how USADA basically is the unbiased dictator that runs doping for UFC)

Or Kariya is a perfect fit for what you mentioned - not just a player but an ELITE, historical figure who’s not just a player but a talent who was devastated and has clearly been through struggles and hardships on and off the ice from said injury.
oilersguy et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 12 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Surprising consistency from Shesterkin and the rangers defence
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 12 h 23
retired
i know voting is already closed but i hope shesterkin wins the hart.
2 juin 2022 à 12 h 38
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
I’m very happy for the bust line ngl. Every team needs one of those
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 13 h 26

Quoting: yikes
I’d love 3rd party (like how USADA basically is the unbiased dictator that runs doping for UFC)

Or Kariya is a perfect fit for what you mentioned - not just a player but an ELITE, historical figure who’s not just a player but a talent who was devastated and has clearly been through struggles and hardships on and off the ice from said injury.

I dont think he would actually take the job, but marc savard is my personal pick.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 13 h 37
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: hanson493
I dont think he would actually take the job, but marc savard is my personal pick.

Neither do I - from the sounds of it Paul doesn’t want a spotlight. And it’s evident that’s what he likes because he’s been under a rock since his playing days.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 13 h 41
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

2 juin 2022 à 13 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: oilersguy

If they started Mikko I was slamming Avs over tonight.
Thank god they started Smith.
oilersguy, oilersguy, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 13 h 47
Quoting: yikes
Neither do I - from the sounds of it Paul doesn’t want a spotlight. And it’s evident that’s what he likes because he’s been under a rock since his playing days.

kariya was never the outgoing personality in the nhl though. just showed up and did his job and did it well.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 17 h 10
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
FURUDwaXEAAnkEJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Score Prediction for tonight
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 17 h 57
Go leafs go
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Surprising consistency from Shesterkin and the rangers defence

Sus.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 20 h 15
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Woody busting out the DYNamite line to start.

Edmonton is not losing this game.
oilersguy et yikes a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 20 h 34
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
A playoff fact to muster.

With 18 goals, 37 assists and 55 points in only 34 games, Leon Draisaitl has the greatest P/GP in playoffs out of all active players, and second highest of all time players, only behind Gretzky.

Man is an absolute machine. Granted he hasn't played as many games as plenty of other guys.
BeterChiarelli, Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 20 h 35
retired
playing against mcdavid sucks
2 juin 2022 à 20 h 40
retired
reffing sucks but i'll take it
oilersguy a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire