SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #5-The East and the West

12 juin 2022 à 1 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
If Shesterkin was on a team other than the Rangers, I would legitimately feel bad for him. Much like Carey Price last year, he did everything he could, carrying the Rangers on his back to get them this far. He was TERRIFIC tonight-just watch the highlights, it could've been a blowout Lightning win if not for him. But, as every non-Ranger fan (hopefully) knew throughout...
VASI'S BETTER *clap-clap-clap-clap-clap*
smile
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 27
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: csick
Agreed

Quoting: aadoyle
In all seriousness they might not make it next year

As NYI missing was basically the door being opened to them along with Shesterkin going god mode but you got to think his back is gonna give out any day now. As he carried them in

Now im not saying 100% NYR misses but that division is no cake walk with the Islanders, Penguins, Caps, and Hurricanes roaming around

Also had Crosby injury, Jarry injury, Freddie injury, Point injury

I hate to say it’s luck but everything happend right for the rangers
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 27
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: Brian2016
Devils will win the Cup before the Rangers. And I'm not even saying the Devils win the Cup in the next 5 years. Rangers were a borderline Cinderella team this year and will never progress without massively improved contributions from ELC players. As mentioned above, everything went right this season/postseason: Igor, Kreider, Sid injured, 3rd string G in PIT, Raanta, etc...and they were still only half way there. Teams that cannot develop young, homegrown talent do not win the Cup.

what do you mean? Kaapo Kakko is a wonderful, homegrown 4th liner
A_Habs_fan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 28
Speak of the Devil
2019: Bruins beat the Leafs and made it to the cup finals
2021: Canadiens beat the Leafs and made it to the cup finals
2022: lightning beat the Leafs and made it to the cup finals
zk97 et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 29
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
Quoting: Brian2016
Devils will win the Cup before the Rangers. And I'm not even saying the Devils win the Cup in the next 5 years. Rangers were a borderline Cinderella team this year and will never progress without massively improved contributions from ELC players. As mentioned above, everything went right this season/postseason: Igor, Kreider, Sid injured, 3rd string G in PIT, Raanta, etc...and they were still only half way there. Teams that cannot develop young, homegrown talent do not win the Cup.

They're a good team

Paladin = superstar + Zibenajad = fringe 1C + Vatrano = played well, 2nd line caliber since coming
Kreider = played well. 50 + goals. Yes he overachiever, but he can get 40 next year + Strome = great 2C + Copp = played amazing since coming , he maybe unlocked something. Was always underrated and good
Lafreniere = played well these playoffs, can only get better + Chytil = was very clutch, maybe unlocked something that's been hidden for a while + kaako = I think he'll be traded for someone like Dach, who has potential

Lindgren = Your classic 2nd pair dman + Fox = superstar dman
Miller = probably unlocked something too, he's been improving alot this year + Trouba = he plays well, a very good 2nd pair dman

Shesterkin = top 3 goalie in league, he won't regress

It's a good team, in my head, I had this team going to the finals, no joke.

We probably see next year:

Paladin + Zib - Chytil
Kreider - Copp - Lafrenière
Goodrow - Dach - ???

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba

Shesterkin

This team is very much ahead of the Devils
And still has a chance to compete.
I'm telling ya, it wasn't a fluke
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Modifié 12 juin 2022 à 1 h 56
Quoting: Devil

So using simple Bill Nye the Science Guy metrics in 2023 winning by logic gets either team straight to the finals

Seems easy enough now its just a matter getting that last piece to the puzzle solved as we are on the verge of something big.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 31
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
Quoting: Devil

In both of those years they lost, here's hoping tampa loses too!
Columbus in 2020 didn't make the finals though
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
So using simple Bill Nye the Science Guy metrics in 2023 Leafs winning by logic gets them straight to the finals

Seems easy enough with a future 70 goal scorer on the team

"Bill Nye" and "logic" do not belong in the same sentence (and for that matter, neither do "Leafs" and "finals" tears of joy)
AndrewLadd, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 3 others a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 43
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
They're a good team

Paladin = superstar + Zibenajad = fringe 1C + Vatrano = played well, 2nd line caliber since coming
Kreider = played well. 50 + goals. Yes he overachiever, but he can get 40 next year + Strome = great 2C + Copp = played amazing since coming , he maybe unlocked something. Was always underrated and good
Lafreniere = played well these playoffs, can only get better + Chytil = was very clutch, maybe unlocked something that's been hidden for a while + kaako = I think he'll be traded for someone like Dach, who has potential

Miller = probably unlocked something too, he's been improving alot this year + Trouba = he plays well, a very good 2nd pair dman

Paladin + Zib - Chytil
Goodrow - Dach - ???

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba

Shesterkin

something is just off about the makeup of the rangers idk. Don't think Krieder scores 40, i think 30 is realistic. i def dont think strome is a "very good 2c", but i doubt hes on the team next year anyway. Laf looked good these playoffs, but theres no telling if hes gonna improve. Same thing with Chytil. Trouba is overrated, hes a dirty scumbag who takes too many dumb penalties, hockey ability wise, hes an overpaid 2nd pair dman. i definitely think theyre a playoff team next year, but theyre a 1st or 2nd round exit in my eyes
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
"Bill Nye" and "logic" do not belong in the same sentence (and for that matter, neither do "Leafs" and "finals" tears of joy)

Gonna ignore the silliness and just post a simple message

Never say Never

Every team has a chance of being in the finals

And Bill Nye and Logic always go together as Science involves logic and equations and so many other complicated things
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Gonna ignore the silliness and just post a simple message

Never say Never

Every team has a chance of being in the finals

Leafs like every other playoff team can make it.

And Bill Nye and Logic always go together as Science involves logic and equations and so many other complicated things

Without getting into the specifics and starting a political firestorm, IMO Nye often greatly exaggerates the data and/or completely ignores basic logic in order to further his political agenda (the environmentalist Michael Shellenberger has a good book debunking much of Nye's claims).

In regard to the Leafs, it's more of a joke at this point (their consistent losing in the first round) than anything else, I'm not being serious. They'll make it eventually. But I do honestly believe there's a mental component of "God, when will this misery end" in the organization's heads that they need to get over-once they get past the first round, I see no reason why they can't contend.
aadoyle, Saskleaf et Tintin a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 1 h 59
Hakuna Matata
One thing I noticed is the similarity of injuries between the 2 sides

Both Colorado and Tampa dont got their 2c's

Would have liked to have seen 2 healthy teams battle but hey cant control that

But man Kuemper gonna have to step it up big time as Vasi just be looking likes hes back on track letting those first 2 games against NYR slip under the rug
12 juin 2022 à 2 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
One thing I noticed is the similarity of injuries between the 2 sides

Both Colorado and Tampa dont got their 2c's

Would have liked to have seen 2 healthy teams battle but hey cant control that

Per Cooper, Point is "extremely probable" to play "at some point in the series", possibly even Game 1, which makes sense, as Seravalli said this earlier:

Whereas Kadri's almost definitely out for the first 3 or 4 games of the series, and is questionable for the rest.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 2 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Per Cooper, Point is "extremely probable" to play "at some point in the series", possibly even Game 1, which makes sense, as Seravalli said this earlier:

Whereas Kadri's almost definitely out for the first 3 or 4 games of the series, and is questionable for the rest.

I feel both Kadri and Point will be back game 2 or 3 unless something significant happens. As rn no need to rush either guy back unless we see a spanking occur.
12 juin 2022 à 2 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
I feel both Kadri and Point will be back game 2 or 3 unless something significant happens. As rn no need to rush either guy back unless we see a spanking occur.

I'd be shocked if Kadri's back that early. I mean, the man broke his thumb a week and a half (by the time Game 1 rolls around) ago, I don't see how he could possibly get back to the point where he can grip a stick normally in that amount of time. There's a reason why Darren Dreger reported that Kadri is "likely done" for the playoffs.
12 juin 2022 à 2 h 27
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
They're a good team

Paladin + Zib - Chytil
Goodrow - Dach - ???

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba

Shesterkin

I think you're underrating Zibby, imo he's established himself as a definitive 1C. Over a point per game the last 4 years (cumulative) and he doesn't play with Panarin at even strength. Scheifele and Tavares have put up similar point per game numbers throughout their career and always been considered 1Cs, and Zibby is miles better everywhere else on the ice than Shuffles, plus he PKs which even Tavares doesn't do.

On the other hand you're overrating Strome, he's a low end 2C at best, he was literally a throwaway journeyman until Panarin, and while having chemistry with a superstar is valuable and can make a career (see: Kunitz, Dupuis, Okposo, etc.), he's not that good without him. I also think he's in line for a payday (arguable whether it's deserved or not, but it's coming, and if it's somewhere else he probably isn't living up to it), so he might not be there next year.

Which leads me to the next thing you overrate: their ability to keep this team together. In my eyes they can keep Copp OR Strome, not both, because both will want raises and top 6 minutes, so they pick one to be their 2C and let the other walk. Especially if they wanna hang onto Vatrano. If they buyout Nemeth, they get ~15.7mil to sign 10-11 guys. If they commit 5.5mil to a 2C (Strome or Copp), 2mil each to a decent backup and Vatrano (discount btw, so maybe not even realistic), ~1.5mil each to Blais (would suck PR-wise for him to walk and they probably don't want that anyway) and Kakko (1 year prove it deal, don't think he gets dealt, they probably run the kid line as line 3 next year), then league min to a 3LD, 3RD, 4C, and spare, they can fit a 21 man roster. But that means they lose one of Copp/Strome, lose Motte, lose Georgiev for a cheaper backup, and might even have to trade Reaves (one of Blais or Goodrow would be at 2RW in this hypothetical).

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
Panarin-Copp-Blais
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

Good team, still needs a top 6 scoring forward though. And the 3rd pair will likely be a weakness unless 2 of Jones/Schneider/Lundkvist step up big.

I also don't think 40 is realistic for Kreider, he might get there but he's been a fairly consistent 30 goal pace guy his entire career (despite never actually hitting it until this year) so that's probably closer to the right ballpark.
AndrewLadd et yikes a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 2 h 58
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Alfie11
I think you're underrating Zibby, imo he's established himself as a definitive 1C. Over a point per game the last 4 years (cumulative) and he doesn't play with Panarin at even strength. Scheifele and Tavares have put up similar point per game numbers throughout their career and always been considered 1Cs, and Zibby is miles better everywhere else on the ice than Shuffles, plus he PKs which even Tavares doesn't do.

On the other hand you're overrating Strome, he's a low end 2C at best, he was literally a throwaway journeyman until Panarin, and while having chemistry with a superstar is valuable and can make a career (see: Kunitz, Dupuis, Okposo, etc.), he's not that good without him. I also think he's in line for a payday (arguable whether it's deserved or not, but it's coming, and if it's somewhere else he probably isn't living up to it), so he might not be there next year.

Which leads me to the next thing you overrate: their ability to keep this team together. In my eyes they can keep Copp OR Strome, not both, because both will want raises and top 6 minutes, so they pick one to be their 2C and let the other walk. Especially if they wanna hang onto Vatrano. If they buyout Nemeth, they get ~15.7mil to sign 10-11 guys. If they commit 5.5mil to a 2C (Strome or Copp), 2mil each to a decent backup and Vatrano (discount btw, so maybe not even realistic), ~1.5mil each to Blais (would suck PR-wise for him to walk and they probably don't want that anyway) and Kakko (1 year prove it deal, don't think he gets dealt, they probably run the kid line as line 3 next year), then league min to a 3LD, 3RD, 4C, and spare, they can fit a 21 man roster. But that means they lose one of Copp/Strome, lose Motte, lose Georgiev for a cheaper backup, and might even have to trade Reaves (one of Blais or Goodrow would be at 2RW in this hypothetical).

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
Panarin-Copp-Blais
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

Good team, still needs a top 6 scoring forward though. And the 3rd pair will likely be a weakness unless 2 of Jones/Schneider/Lundkvist step up big.

I also don't think 40 is realistic for Kreider, he might get there but he's been a fairly consistent 30 goal pace guy his entire career (despite never actually hitting it until this year) so that's probably closer to the right ballpark.

Let’s also not forget next year they’ll have to sign K’Andre, Laf and Chytil with no significant money coming off the books
Alfie11 et Devil a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
I would just like to point out if Tampa wins the cup I win the CapFriendly bracket challenge so you know what that means... Go Tampa ( Go Avs, beat Tampa but also if Tampa wins, i win the bracket challenge so whoever wins, i like the outcome )
zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 10 h 18
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Congrats to all the TBL fans, what this team has achieved in the last three years is crazy impressive.

FVBUtldXsAEB74W?format=jpg&name=small

Seeing the two best teams make the Stanley Cup final is refreshing. This is going to be an awesome series!

As a Leaf fan, this looks very familiar
yikes, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 10 h 21

capsfan2121, Rangsey, AndrewLadd and 2 others a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 13 h 5

Shesterkin effect
Brian2016, EsoYeezus69 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 14 h 14
Speak of the Devil
13/14 on my playoff predictions

Go Avs Go
12 juin 2022 à 14 h 25
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: AndrewLadd
what do you mean? Kaapo Kakko is a wonderful, homegrown 4th liner

Last night he wasn't even a 4th liner haha. He was a wonderful, homegrown, healthy scratch!!!
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 15 h 23
Speak of the Devil
FVBSNs5XoAA8kq9?format=jpg&name=medium
A_Habs_fan, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 15 h 26
Speak of the Devil
FVBRLhLWIAAiKgt?format=jpg&name=small
zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage