Rask
Gagner
Bozak
Tierney
Sturm

Among others

Like honestly

Signing Sturm + Gagner + Rask would probs total what Kerfoot is making

As for price I could see a team like Arizona paying a 2nd as Kerfoot's contract is basically something they would love to have

Kerfoot just came off a 50+ point season as a versatile 2 way player who can do anything and play anywhere. He only costs 750k. He will fetch far more than a 2nd lmao. Think equivalent to a late 1st (it probably ends up being a 2nd + something else, but easier to say late 1st equivalent).

Alternatively; Jesse Puljujarvi. That would be a grade A melt down on this site that I want to see

Anyway on topic:

Miroshnichenko or McGroarty otherwise trade down, maybe do it anyway. If the draft looks anything like Bob's list there will be significant value to be had in moving back
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 22 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,863
So, 25th is off the table and 38th is on.

From Mike Stevens: "Per source on the Leafs mindset for trading Mrazek: 'Toronto believes they will get a guy they have rated in the top 15 with their 38th and was able to offload Mrazek, as well'". Also "Further to this, source has indicated that the prospect the Leafs are targeting here is NOT Brad Lambert. 'Someone better'"

Who do we think this is? Isaac Howard?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Nathaniel
So, 25th is off the table and 38th is on.

From Mike Stevens: "Per source on the Leafs mindset for trading Mrazek: 'Toronto believes they will get a guy they have rated in the top 15 with their 38th and was able to offload Mrazek, as well'". Also "Further to this, source has indicated that the prospect the Leafs are targeting here is NOT Brad Lambert. 'Someone better'"

Who do we think this is? Isaac Howard?

38 OA = Owen Beck or Belluz

79 OA = Bryce McConnell-Barker (SOO C prospect wink )
217 OA = Nick Malik (Czech G prospect)

Got a feeling Holl or Kerfoot get traded tomorrow
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
38 OA = Owen Beck or Belluz

79 OA = Bryce McConnell-Barker (SOO C prospect wink )
217 OA = Nick Malik (Czech G prospect)

Got a feeling Holl or Kerfoot get traded tomorrow

I really want Jagger Firkus at 38. If Kerf is traded, it will probably be for a second. Maybe get Nick Moldenhauer too
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 24
Hakuna Matata
I really want Jagger Firkus at 38. If Kerf is traded, it will probably be for a second. Maybe get Nick Moldenhauer too

Firkus is nice but then you play into the small but skilled genera that people bother Dubas about

Beck's ceiling is Anthony Cirelli and Leafs could use a guy like that in a few years

And rn Toronto really needs some good C prospects
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Firkus is nice but then you play into the small but skilled genera that people bother Dubas about

Beck's ceiling is Anthony Cirelli and Leafs could use a guy like that in a few years

And rn Toronto really needs some good C prospects

I think Beck is the most logical choice. He was interviewed twice (although if memory serves me correct, so was Firkus) and like you said is a fantastic 2 way C prospect. Another guy I really like is Gleb Trikozov. Im still on that train, he has everything he needs to come in and dominate.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 30
Hakuna Matata
I think Beck is the most logical choice. He was interviewed twice (although if memory serves me correct, so was Firkus) and like you said is a fantastic 2 way C prospect. Another guy I really like is Gleb Trikozov. Im still on that train, he has everything he needs to come in and dominate.

I believe it was 3 times along with Belluz
8 juill. 2022 à 14 h 0
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Any thoughts on 6'7 Swedish goalie we drafted?
8 juill. 2022 à 14 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Trickster
Any thoughts on 6'7 Swedish goalie we drafted?

I know literally nothing about him. Huge overager with some okay numbers. He is a monster of a man but I wasn't really pumped about the pick. I absolutely love Minten, Moldenhauer, and Grebenkin though. Hopefully Morrison is taken with our 7th rounder here
8 juill. 2022 à 14 h 42
Hakuna Matata
K so in the end

38 OA = Fraser Minten I like this pick and if he takes private lessons with Malhotra for Faceoffs man it could be fun

95 OA = Nicholas Moldenhauer (Chicago Steel pick) <-- Not bad but surprised we didnt grab Bryce McConnell-Barker

122 OA = Dennis Hildeby <-- This is the one pick I dont get as now we got 8 or 9 goalies in our system and hes an over ager

135 OA = Nikita Grebenkin <-- Over ager but safe for the round

218 OA = Brandon Lisowsky <--- Had to have a 5'8 guy am I right wink
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 14 h 54
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Not happy with how the draft went, reached on Minten, like the Moldenhauer pick, surprised they targeted another goalie, overager in the MHL (so who knows), Lisowsky (another undersized goal scorer with an edge) but something this organization has plenty of.

I don't see any direction in this draft when there was a need for a dynamic C. Not a fan of this class. Hope I am proven wrong over the years
8 juill. 2022 à 15 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Not happy with how the draft went, reached on Minten, like the Moldenhauer pick, surprised they targeted another goalie, overager in the MHL (so who knows), Lisowsky (another undersized goal scorer with an edge) but something this organization has plenty of.

I don't see any direction in this draft when there was a need for a dynamic C. Not a fan of this class. Hope I am proven wrong over the years

The thing that hurt me the most was the availability of Lambert at 25 and then trading back. I get the trade and I liked it, but I watched nervously for 4 hours and had hope when I saw Minnesota didnt take him at 24. And then we traded back. I REALLY like Minten. Great competitor, and he plays with a lot of bite. Moldenhauer was also a real standout and definitely a steal at 95. Grebenkin is a neat guy to take a flyer on. He is this year's Ovchinnikov. Outside of them, the other picks were really meh. Was it a great draft? No, but it was decent. A lot of uncertainty, but we did the best with what we had.
8 juill. 2022 à 15 h 38
Ovchinnikov 137
The thing that hurt me the most was the availability of Lambert at 25 and then trading back. I get the trade and I liked it, but I watched nervously for 4 hours and had hope when I saw Minnesota didnt take him at 24. And then we traded back. I REALLY like Minten. Great competitor, and he plays with a lot of bite. Moldenhauer was also a real standout and definitely a steal at 95. Grebenkin is a neat guy to take a flyer on. He is this year's Ovchinnikov. Outside of them, the other picks were really meh. Was it a great draft? No, but it was decent. A lot of uncertainty, but we did the best with what we had.

If you wanted Minten, you could have traded back. Obviously they know more than me, so I guess they believed he wouldn't have made it to late in the 2nd round but I find that hard to believe. If they wanted Fraser (who I don't hate but they reached for him) I think you could have traded back and still get him while picking up another pick. I hope he proves me wrong.

Like the Moldenhauer, I was high on him. i am just a little frustrated with the direction, they have so many of these guys already in the organization (Robertson, Steeves, Hirvonen, Ovchinnikov, Miettinen). And adding another goaltender to a list of (Akhtyamov, Peksa, Woll, Petruzzelli, McKay, Cavallin) I'm all for having as many bullets in the gun cause goalies are voodoo but I don't like that pick. Again hope Hildeby proves me wrong.

And then Lisowsky just adds again to that similar type player they have in abundance. I know nothing about Grebenkin so I can't comment on him, other that he played with Danila Yurov and is a dynamic forward with good vision. Not the pick I would have gone with.

The Leafs are in such a need of a high end C and more toughness. If I could play captain hindsight and just use the picks we had (although I wish they traded back from 38 to get another pick):

Noah Warren at 38
Bryce Mcconnell-Barker at 95
Cruz Lucius at 122
Tnias Mathurin at 135
Logan Morrison at 218 (I can't believe he went undrafted) (fingers crossed on all hands they sign him)

Not a scout, I trust the Leafs more than me, just guys I liked more.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 15 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
If you wanted Minten, you could have traded back. Obviously they know more than me, so I guess they believed he wouldn't have made it to late in the 2nd round but I find that hard to believe. If they wanted Fraser (who I don't hate but they reached for him) I think you could have traded back and still get him while picking up another pick. I hope he proves me wrong.

Like the Moldenhauer, I was high on him. i am just a little frustrated with the direction, they have so many of these guys already in the organization (Robertson, Steeves, Hirvonen, Ovchinnikov, Miettinen). And adding another goaltender to a list of (Akhtyamov, Peksa, Woll, Petruzzelli, McKay, Cavallin) I'm all for having as many bullets in the gun cause goalies are voodoo but I don't like that pick. Again hope Hildeby proves me wrong.

And then Lisowsky just adds again to that similar type player they have in abundance. I know nothing about Grebenkin so I can't comment on him, other that he played with Danila Yurov and is a dynamic forward with good vision. Not the pick I would have gone with.

The Leafs are in such a need of a high end C and more toughness. If I could play captain hindsight and just use the picks we had (although I wish they traded back from 38 to get another pick):

Noah Warren at 38
Cruz Lucius at 122
Tnias Mathurin at 135
Logan Morrison at 218 (I can't believe he went undrafted) (fingers crossed on all hands they sign him)

Morrison is a Leafs fan, so if we reach out atleast we have that going for us. The thing that REALLY got to me about the Hildeby draft pick was not only the fact that he is a triple overager that we just straight up didnt need, it was the fact that Tucker Robertson and Cruz Lucius went IMMEDIATELY after. I think this draft was decent at best. Last year we only had 3 picks and walked away with 3 really good prospects. The year before that we had a plethora of picks and walked away with a plethora of great prospects. I think we got 2 great prospects in this draft. Too much guessing with guys. Fingers crossed it works out, but I absolutely adore the Minten and Moldenhauer picks
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 15 h 56
Ovchinnikov 137
Morrison is a Leafs fan, so if we reach out atleast we have that going for us. The thing that REALLY got to me about the Hildeby draft pick was not only the fact that he is a triple overager that we just straight up didnt need, it was the fact that Tucker Robertson and Cruz Lucius went IMMEDIATELY after. I think this draft was decent at best. Last year we only had 3 picks and walked away with 3 really good prospects. The year before that we had a plethora of picks and walked away with a plethora of great prospects. I think we got 2 great prospects in this draft. Too much guessing with guys. Fingers crossed it works out, but I absolutely adore the Minten and Moldenhauer picks

I think your being too kind "decent at best". Completely agree, the previous drafts under Kyle (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) where all very good. I soooooo hope I am wrong, I love the Leafs, but this was a TERRIBLE draft a first glance. But I will trust trust in the Leafs’ scouting/development team because a lot of these picks are very puzzling. I hope to be wrong in 2-3 years.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I think your being too kind "decent at best". Completely agree, the previous drafts under Kyle (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) where all very good. I soooooo hope I am wrong, I love the Leafs, but this was a TERRIBLE draft a first glance. But I will trust trust in the Leafs’ scouting/development team because a lot of these picks are very puzzling. I hope to be wrong in 2-3 years.

The thing to consider is that this years draft class was also SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the last few. Im hoping we build up a sizeable amount of draft stock for next year and then get the guys to work their magic. The only saving grace in my mind is that last year, I felt this way about Peksa and Voit. They have both proved me wrong by a landslide. I knew Voit was projected to be a second round talent pre-covid, but I still didnt love the pick. Peksa was literally untraceable. Now I just kind of look like an idiot.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 10
Ovchinnikov 137
The thing to consider is that this years draft class was also SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the last few. Im hoping we build up a sizeable amount of draft stock for next year and then get the guys to work their magic. The only saving grace in my mind is that last year, I felt this way about Peksa and Voit. They have both proved me wrong by a landslide. I knew Voit was projected to be a second round talent pre-covid, but I still didnt love the pick. Peksa was literally untraceable. Now I just kind of look like an idiot.

For me, my only concern going forward is this was the first draft without John Lilley ( went to the NYR) this draft was conducted by new head scout Wes Clark.

If this is the direction he and his team are now taking us, feels a little Mark Hunter zone. I really hope I’m fukcin wrong
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 10
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 185

I haven’t looked too far into the prospects the Leafs drafted, but from what I’ve seen so far, the Leafs’ draft went pretty well. They traded down 13 spots to get rid of Mrazek while keeping their roster, prospect, and draft pool otherwise intact, and traded down again to get an additional pick from Vegas. I think the reason for choosing a few tall overagers (like Hildeby) would be the Leafs are hoping that those factors, along with their development staff, those prospects would be NHL ready sooner. Again, haven’t looked too far into it, but from my first glance the draft went pretty well for the Leafs.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 22
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsForLife
I haven’t looked too far into the prospects the Leafs drafted, but from what I’ve seen so far, the Leafs’ draft went pretty well. They traded down 13 spots to get rid of Mrazek while keeping their roster, prospect, and draft pool otherwise intact, and traded down again to get an additional pick from Vegas. I think the reason for choosing a few tall overagers (like Hildeby) would be the Leafs are hoping that those factors, along with their development staff, those prospects would be NHL ready sooner. Again, haven’t looked too far into it, but from my first glance the draft went pretty well for the Leafs.

Again, not a scout, but they reached on a guy, who if we are just going by consolidated rankings, was projected at 74 and the Leafs took Mintin at 38.

I’m fine the Moldenhauer but he just adds to a long list of very similar type of player in the organization already.

Took a goalie who was passed over 3 times and is still only playing in the Swedish junior league.

Another reach on an overage Russian who is still playing in the MHL.

And another small scoring fwd in Lisowsky.

It’s been a few hours, way too early to tell and I hope I’m wrong but for me this draft was brutal.
8 juill. 2022 à 16 h 31
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 185
Again, not a scout, but they reached on a guy, who if we are just going by consolidated rankings, was projected at 74 and the Leafs took Mintin at 38.

I’m fine the Moldenhauer but he just adds to a long list of very similar type of player in the organization already.

Took a goalie who was passed over 3 times and is still only playing in the Swedish junior league.

Another reach on an overage Russian who is still playing in the MHL.

And another small scoring fwd in Lisowsky.

It’s been a few hours, way too early to tell and I hope I’m wrong but for me this draft was brutal.

Thanks for the info! In that case, Hildeby is the most puzzling pick. I wonder what made the Leafs (and the rest of the NHL) want to go from passing over him for 3 years in a row, to trading picks to get him (especially since 2023 is supposed to be a deeper draft).
8 juill. 2022 à 18 h 59
Hakuna Matata

Noah Warren at 38
Cruz Lucius at 122
Tnias Mathurin at 135

Minten is gonna be very interesting and honestly its not as big of a reach as people are saying now

His ceiling is William Karlsson and he scouts say he has the frame and defensive abilities to make it to the NHL. Just needs to work on his FOW% and offensive zone entries (simple fix get a puck carrying wing)

With Toronto having more offensively minded C's like JT, Matthews, and potentially Strome it made sense to get a more defensively minded one for the bottom 6 who one day can be tasked with shutting down other team's stars along with Kampf
8 juill. 2022 à 19 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Minten is gonna be very interesting and honestly its not as big of a reach as people are saying now

His ceiling is William Karlsson and he scouts say he has the frame and defensive abilities to make it to the NHL. Just needs to work on his FOW% and offensive zone entries (simple fix get a puck carrying wing)

With Toronto having more offensively minded C's like JT, Matthews, and potentially Strome it made sense to get a more defensively minded one for the bottom 6 who one day can be tasked with shutting down other team's stars along with Kampf

He also only turned 18 three days ago. He's still very young and just had a pretty good season with the Blazers. His 0.82 PPG was 12th among all WHL skaters aged 17, only behind names like Savoie, Firkus, Geekie, Mateychuk, Korchinski, etc. He is a great player and Im super happy with that pick. Leafs fans always want a physical Canadian guy that is over 6 feet tall and can play defense. Minten literally checks every one of those boxes, but because a few mocks had him going later it is a "bad pick". Very, very good pick
8 juill. 2022 à 20 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137

I certainly don’t see him translating to Karlsson, I will be shocked and pleasantly surprised if he is a C at the NHL. But dollars to donut’s if he makes the NHL it will be as a bottom 6 energy winger.

I will default to Josh Simpson on his potential:
- Fraser Minten #LeafsForever prospect ranked on his team in some key stats at even strength (per Instat)
- 2nd in A1/60
- 2nd in controlled entries/60, 2nd last in dump-ins/60
- First in takeaways/60
- 12th among Fs in goals/60, 10th among Fs in scoring chances/60

Have yet to watch him play, but it's already clear that Minten can get pucks back, enter the zone with control and create chances for his linemates, but struggles to create dangerous chances for himself.

Watching the tape (which I will soon) will help provide answers to why/how.

My main takeaway from the Minten selection today was of all the main guys that follow/report on the Leafs prospects: guys at Leafs Nation and Pension Plan Puppets (Cushman, Richard, Simpson) all these guys who had reports out on the Leafs before the draft had never watched this guy play. The Leafs went way out to left field on this pick. Again not hating on the guy, they definitely reached on him at 38. He was not the best player available and if that was the guy they wanted, they should have just traded back.

He played on a really good Blazers team and didn’t get a ton a ice time. I’ll certainly look forward to how he progress next year.

If he can become a shutdown 3C that can chip in with some offence, amazing. But right now I see another LW that’s already crowed. Really hope I’m wrong
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 24
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463
I'm delighted that the Leafs could get rid of 3.8m Mrazrek and it "only" cost dropping down thirteen spots.
We'll see about the new guys.
Leafs have been poor drafting for decades, bad at UFA signings, bad in trades, and poor in contract negotiations. But somehow they are legit contenders.
8 juill. 2022 à 21 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
I'm delighted that the Leafs could get rid of 3.8m Mrazrek and it "only" cost dropping down thirteen spots.
We'll see about the new guys.
Leafs have been poor drafting for decades, bad at UFA signings, bad in trades, and poor in contract negotiations. But somehow they are legit contenders.

Good thing to they didnt listen to your suggestion or we would have 'dumped' Nylander to get rid of Mrazek tears of joy

Dodged a bullet there

Also Leafs have been pretty good at drafting these past few years

Matthews, Marner, Rielly, Nylander, Sandin, Liligren, and soon Amirov, Robertson, Knies and Niemela will be able to better prove it to

And as for UFA signings only 2 bad ones these past 5 years but always manage to fix em with minimal damage and often get something good out of it so thats fine.

And only 3 bad contract negotiations these past 4 years

But since then

Bunting 950k, Giordano 800k, Kampf 1.5mill, and soon Strome 3mill x 4 years

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage