Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,011
I'd personally like to see:

D Ty Nelson
F Gleb Trikozov
F Marco Kasper
F Rutger McGoarty

Ty Nelson is a highly touted right handed defenseman with a great offensive awareness. I love him but I can see the Leafs passing due to the presence of Liljegren / Niemela in the system. Still a solid target, can never have too much talent.

Gleb Trikozov is going to be the steal of the draft if he gets drafted to a team with decent development. He has such a high ceiling. Stupidly good player who could put up some monster numbers and flourish in the league some day.

Marco Kasper is super tenacious and has a pretty high ceiling. Seems to fit the type of player the Leafs want but I'd be shocked if he falls further than ~15.

Rutger McGoarty is in my opinion the most likely guy the Leafs pick in round 1 and he would be a superb pickup. Massive frame, great numbers this year, and is super skilled. Seems like an awesome pick
Saskleaf et TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2022 à 16 h 34
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
The vast majority of mock drafts have McGroaty being picked in the top 20.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2022 à 17 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Saskleaf

I think Trikozov or Nelson are the most likely. Wickenheiser and co can turn him into a stud, he's got all the right tools. Nelson would be nice and would solidify our RD for the foreseeable future. Maybe Kasper falls due to some lackluster numbers and the Leafs take him
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2022 à 17 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Saskleaf

Quoting: LeafsDude
I think Trikozov or Nelson are the most likely. Wickenheiser and co can turn him into a stud, he's got all the right tools. Nelson would be nice and would solidify our RD for the foreseeable future. Maybe Kasper falls due to some lackluster numbers and the Leafs take him

Seamus Casey too**
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2022 à 18 h 31
FADING PASSION
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 455
I can see them trading down cuz they had 6 draft picks over 2 years
3 juin 2022 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Trade down, acquire a couple more picks and start focusing on goaltenders. The lack of a developed goaltender in our system is a problem.
3 juin 2022 à 16 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: X27
Trade down, acquire a couple more picks and start focusing on goaltenders. The lack of a developed goaltender in our system is a problem.

McKay / Petruzelli / Woll are 3 very good goaltending prospects. Woll has looked good at the NHL level, McKay had a historic NCAA season, and Petruzelli has looked good too
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
3 juin 2022 à 17 h 49
McKay / Petruzelli / Woll are 3 very good goaltending prospects. Woll has looked good at the NHL level, McKay had a historic NCAA season, and Petruzelli has looked good too

None of which have any significant NHL experience and where all over-looked for Kalgren who nobody had on the radar. These guys barely make back-up... not one of them is legitimate NHL starter.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 0 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866

Yep Leafs in general have now got a good goalie prospect pool

McKay, Pertuzelli, Woll, Peska, Akhtyamov on top of Kallgren

They got enough guys rn to work with
4 juin 2022 à 0 h 4
Hakuna Matata
None of which have any significant NHL experience and where all over-looked for Kalgren who nobody had on the radar. These guys barely make back-up... not one of them is legitimate NHL starter.

You do realize developing goalie's takes time right. Goalies usually come into their own at 25 and peak at 27 to 29 right? Now there are some exceptions but normally its 25 and above.

Remember Campbell didnt become a starting caliber goalie till he turned 29

Woll is 23, McKay is 24, Petruzzelli 23 all got plenty of time to develop into NHL starters or backups

Besides Woll in his 4 game stint showed promise and with a year or two more development can be a fine backup

4 juin 2022 à 8 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
You don't watch much hockey do you?
The average age of a goaltender in the NHL is 25 and they peak between 23-26!!!
https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/9/5/4696042/theoretical-goaltending-aging-curve-Bernier-Reimer
Virtually every starting goaltender in the nhl, including the vast majority of goaltenders throughout history who are regarded as top starting goaltenders... Dryden, Esposito, Vernon, Broduer, Roy, Vachon, Liut, etc (go down the list of Hall of Famers for example or for that matter every starter for the last 50 yrs) most began their careers prior to age 23. These goaltenders are developed early and have NHL experience accumulated before age 23. There is only a small sample of NHL goaltenders who reach starter status after age 23. Using Campbell as an example is particularly poor as he is still NOT a bonafide starter. He fell into that roll and served it well because of the Leafs lack of developed netminders and their inability to acquire a legit 1st. Regardless the verdict on Campbell is he's a mid level goaltender. Did you even watch the last year of hockey? He had a good first 2 months than was absolutely terrible - TERRIBLE from Jan - Mar.
When did the Leafs last draft and develop a goaltender on their own - Felix Potvin... James Riemer?
Name another?
Thats 30 yrs with TWO developed goaltenders.
Two.
No goaltenders do not peak at 29... they peak around 25 (mid-range 23-26) as does every NHL player with a few exceptions. In fact it is absolutely accepted that a goaltender starts to decline at age 30. I think you fail to grasp the concept of "average" statistics and simply regard average as being an average goaltender, hence the reason you think what you posted to be true.
Anyone with a pedestrian knowledge of the sport should know that you are absolutely WRONG.
You do not develop AVERAGE, you develop quality... and the Leafs have failed to develop.
Joseph Woll... 4 games LOL... and you think he shows promise. No, he found a spot because there was no other options available.
None of these guys would be a starting goaltender in the NHL and as of yet... none of them are legitimate back-ups.
The proof will be in the off-season when the Leafs trade picks and players to acquire a goaltender or sign one to a ridiculous salary rather than giving any of these guys a longterm shot.

Drydens, Espositos, and Roy's don't grow on trees. Of course having a generational goaltender would be nice but not even 10% of teams in the league now have a goalie of that caliber. It's like saying our defense prospect pools sucks because we don't have a Makar level player
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
4 juin 2022 à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Add Filip Mesar to this list as well. Leafs have talked to him, and he's a great player. Great skating, slick set of hands, and a low key guy who may fall to 25. I think he's a good target as well, but not more than McGroarty / Kasper
4 juin 2022 à 15 h 29
Drydens, Espositos, and Roy's don't grow on trees. Of course having a generational goaltender would be nice but not even 10% of teams in the league now have a goalie of that caliber. It's like saying our defense prospect pools sucks because we don't have a Makar level player

My post doesn't say that at all, your comparison is one of logical fallacy. The names I used are examples of elite goaltenders who began prior to age 23. Nothing in my post states anything else.
However, by applying your use of logical fallacy (because that seems to be in your realm of understanding) I will follow up your comment of "growing on trees" by stating that obviously for numerous teams these generational goaltenders ABSOLUTELY grow on trees compared to Toronto because they seem to develop them at a consistent rate whereas Toronto develops virtually none (Montreal has drafted and developed 8 NHL caliber goaltenders in the last 40 yrs... that's one every 5 yrs. The Leafs have developed 2 - three if you include Allan Bester, which I don't, How many of those developed goaltenders that you only think grow on trees won Stanley Cups, Vezina Trophies, Jennings Trophies, Hart Trophies or Conn Smythe Trophies)?
History doesn't lie... the last starting goaltender the Leafs developed was Felix Potvin. James Riemer did not truly hold that position in Toronto, he shared the position with Toskala, Gustavson, Giguere and absolutely lost it to Bernier, when he was apparently at his "peak". The last decade has seen the Leafs develop NOBODY. This FAILURE is on management.
You asked the question by starting a thread about what you want the Leafs to do at the draft. I responded with an answer you obviously did not consider and made a dismissive post to try and reset the conversation to where you wanted it to be. Just stop with the denial and saying "stuff". You're trying to move the goalposts to control the narrative and make it seem like the Leafs have goaltending prospects of quality simply because they have goaltending prospects in the minors. That does not equate development... it's simply filling a roster spot.
So therefore my original response remains the same... trade down, acquire picks and draft goaltenders to develop.
5 juin 2022 à 19 h 20
Go leafs go

I agree, the leafs have a whole bunch of guys likely to be backups, but non with serious starter potential. But goalies are weird that way so there is a fairly high chance of them at least becomes a solid 1a-1b (considering the leafs have 6-7, depending on if you count Scott (he's a FA this offseason), in their system)
6 juin 2022 à 14 h 38
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,630
Leafs have no high end centres in the system.....and really just two in NHL, Tavares and two more years of Matthews. An offensive centre would be a need by the Leafs.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2022 à 17 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Coming back to this to add another prospect that we could potentially take with our 3rd or maybe even 7th. Logan Morrison. Ranked at 86 by Button and not ranked at all by any other usual mock drafts listed on Elite Prospects. He's 19 turning 20 in July and is one of Hamilton's best players. With 100 pts in 60 OHL games, he's definitely a guy you can and should take a flyer on. He's certainly an elite talent but as an over ager he'll probably drop down fairly far. He may even go undrafted in which case you could just sign him as a FA. He's definitely a guy to keep in mind
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 1 h 13
Hakuna Matata
In this scenerio Kerfoot gets traded for the 58OA pick owned by Seattle and Holl gets traded for the 107 OA owned by Anaheim

25 OA = Owen Pickering
58 OA = Ryan Greene (Defensive C prospect)
79 OA = Bryce McConnell-Barker (SOO C prospect wink )
107 OA = Benjamin King (Bit of an over-ager but I like what he could bring)
217 OA = Nick Malik (Czech G prospect)
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2022 à 19 h 47
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
In this scenerio Kerfoot gets traded for the 58OA pick owned by Seattle and Holl gets traded for the 107 OA owned by Anaheim

25 OA = Owen Pickering
58 OA = Ryan Greene (Defensive C prospect)
79 OA = Bryce McConnell-Barker (SOO C prospect wink )
107 OA = Benjamin King (Bit of an over-ager but I like what he could bring)
217 OA = Nick Malik (Czech G prospect)

Sounds good to me!
16 juin 2022 à 12 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I have no idea. But it would be pleasant change to see any Leafs drafted be on a NHL roster within 3 years.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 15 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Coming back to add a few people to my initial list as we approach the draft:

- Owen Pickering
- Owen Beck
- Denton Mateychuk (More and more people are speculating that he may fall to the 20s. I dont see it though, he's just so good)
3 juill. 2022 à 21 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I wanna throw out 2 potential third round picks that we should target. Maybe draft them with a late second acquired in a trade (Kerfoot?).

- Nick Moldenhauer (Local kid, played for the Chicago Steel which the Leafs love)
- Bryce McConnell Barker (Interviewed by the Leafs)
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 23 h 28
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Nathaniel
Coming back to add a few people to my initial list as we approach the draft:

- Owen Pickering
- Owen Beck
- Denton Mateychuk (More and more people are speculating that he may fall to the 20s. I dont see it though, he's just so good)

There's a couple guys in the second round that I like for the Leafs. Maybe they trade out of the first round for a couple of second rounder.
Owen Beck as you suggested and RHD Ty Beck from North Bay
3 juill. 2022 à 23 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Quoting: palhal
There's a couple guys in the second round that I like for the Leafs. Maybe they trade out of the first round for a couple of second rounder.
Owen Beck as you suggested and RHD Ty Beck from North Bay

Im assuming you mean Ty Nelson? He'd be great. I really like Owen Beck but I wouldn't wanna take a wager predicting him to go in round 2. I think we could definitely get a second round pick for a guy like Kerfoot
palhal a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2022 à 23 h 37
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Nathaniel
Im assuming you mean Ty Nelson? He'd be great. I really like Owen Beck but I wouldn't wanna take a wager predicting him to go in round 2. I think we could definitely get a second round pick for a guy like Kerfoot

Thanks for the correction. Yes I meant Ty Nelson. I really don't think Kerfoot should be traded as the Leafs have weak centre depth past the Matthews, Tavares and Kampf. In case of injuries there is no one else. I doubt the Leafs could get a second for Kerfoot. Not sure a contender could take his cap, and don't think a non playoff team wants to give up a second for UFA, though I think Kerfoot is well worth his contracts.
3 juill. 2022 à 23 h 55
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 4 juill. 2022 à 0 h 2
Quoting: palhal
Thanks for the correction. Yes I meant Ty Nelson. I really don't think Kerfoot should be traded as the Leafs have weak centre depth past the Matthews, Tavares and Kampf. In case of injuries there is no one else. I doubt the Leafs could get a second for Kerfoot. Not sure a contender could take his cap, and don't think a non playoff team wants to give up a second for UFA, though I think Kerfoot is well worth his contracts.

I think you trade Kerfoot and replace him with cheaper options

This UFA market is full of cheap C's

Gaudette
Lazar
Eakin
Sheahan
Rask
Gagner
Bozak
Tierney
Sturm

Among others

Like honestly

Signing Sturm + Gagner + Rask would probs total what Kerfoot is making

As for price I could see a team like Arizona paying a 2nd as Kerfoot's contract is basically something they would love to have

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage