Not Shame at 1st

Not Shame at 1st

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: yanp007
Publié: 26 mai 2022 à 10 h 34
26 mai 2022 à 11 h 11
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Slafkovsky at 1 is just such a bad take. Most of this hype around him is based on his performance at the Olympics. He should be 4th at best and I cannot understand how some say he's clearly 2nd and should challenge Wright for 1.
A_Habs_fan, SlafCaufZuki et Z0ra a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 11 h 13
Öhgren shouldn't go at 10, too much uncertainty.

Kasper and Snuggerud are too high for my liking.

Can't see Chesley dropping to 31, especially behind other RDs ahead of him, mainly Salomonsson (who looks like a mid 2nd), Luneau and Casey.
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 11 h 29
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
Quoting: TZ11
Slafkovsky at 1 is just such a bad take. Most of this hype around him is based on his performance at the Olympics. He should be 4th at best and I cannot understand how some say he's clearly 2nd and should challenge Wright for 1.

While I do think its a bad take, apparently Montreal is super high on Slafkovsky.

My top 3 ranked players are:

1. Wright
2. Cooley
3. Slafkovsky
26 mai 2022 à 11 h 44
Nick
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 819
As a Habs fan, will all due respect, Slafkovsky at first overall is such a horrible take.

1) Most of the hype around him are based on his size and his performance at the Olympics. Drafting a big winger based solely on recency bias over the projected first overall pick, who happens to be good at everything and who is over 6'0, is absolute insanity. At number 3-5? Sure, I'd definitely look at him, he's still great... but taking him over Cooley and Wright is crazy imo. Heck, I'd low key probably look at Nemec and Jiricek over him ngl. I know development is a big factor, but, low key, drafting big forwards that high based on recency bias alone hasn't proven to be that successful recently either tbh (just look at some of the underperforming risers in recent years: Kotkaniemi, Kravstov, Kakko).
2) Even if Slafkosvky was that solidified top 2 pick, Montreal should definitely go for the incredibly intelligent center who happens to be much more well rounded and amazing defensively/at shooting. Yes, a Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield line would be magic, but I'd rather have two great lines. Additionally, Caufield and Suzuki aren't even that good of a duo on 5v5 tbh (just look at the analytics and whatnot). I think Wright-Caufield and Suzuki-Roy (?) would be great bases for a future, deadly top 6.
3) I promise you the only Hab fans who actually want Slafkovsky at first overall are either incredibly blinded by recency bias or have a boomer mentality (aka same people that think Anderson and Edmundson are basically Kreider and Hedman lmao). Everyone with at least 1/2 of a braincell in the Habs fanbase prefers Wright over Slafkovsky lmao.
4) No way the Habs are gonna go off the board when they're hosting the draft, especially since Wright is super maketable as a future franchise center.

I coudl go on for hours but you get the point lmao. Doesn't matter anyway because we all know the Habs are taking Wright anyway. I honestly respect the effort you put into this mock anyway so props.
TZ11 a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 11 h 45
Nick
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 819
Quoting: christianyog
While I do think its a bad take, apparently Montreal is super high on Slafkovsky.

My top 3 ranked players are:

1. Wright
2. Cooley
3. Slafkovsky

Yeah he's probably top 3 in their bord tbh, I can see why he's a very appealing player. He will definitely be good.
TZ11 a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 12 h 5
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732
Grant Mccagg? is that you?
A_Habs_fan et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 12 h 33
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,405
Quoting: DriveFor25
Yeah he's probably top 3 in their bord tbh, I can see why he's a very appealing player. He will definitely be good.

He won’t even end up being that good imo. Remember a one Jesse Puljujarvi? And how he was supposed to be the next big thing at W. Yeahhhh howd that turn out 😶
26 mai 2022 à 15 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,314

At the Olympics yes, but he is doing it again at Worlds and had good 2nd half for club. A big skilled winger with great skating ability. GMs love that.
26 mai 2022 à 18 h 29
Quoting: NHLfan10506
At the Olympics yes, but he is doing it again at Worlds and had good 2nd half for club. A big skilled winger with great skating ability. GMs love that.

His second half in Liiga was better, yes. But even if he had done that all season long, he wouldn't have been in conversation for 2OA. It wasn't anything extraordinary. He plays great at all the tournaments this season, but his game hasn't been that consistent if you factor in all competitions. I'm not denying GMs probably love him and that he'll likely go Top 4.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2022 à 20 h 22
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
I think Wright comparable would be Suzuki (with a few more goals), while Slafkovski comparable would be Svechnikov (bigger and more physical).

Would you rather have Suzuki or Svechnikov? I think both are worth the same, they both signed for about 9.5% of salary cap on their respective signing years.

MTL should still draft Wright to complete their top 6 center spots, but next year top 5 is full of centers. There's Michkov at RW, but he's 5'9.

Maybe drafting a big winger this year and a center next year isn't a bad idea.
27 mai 2022 à 5 h 13
Quoting: LIRIK
I think Wright comparable would be Suzuki (with a few more goals), while Slafkovski comparable would be Svechnikov (bigger and more physical).

Would you rather have Suzuki or Svechnikov? I think both are worth the same, they both signed for about 9.5% of salary cap on their respective signing years.

MTL should still draft Wright to complete their top 6 center spots, but next year top 5 is full of centers. There's Michkov at RW, but he's 5'9.

Maybe drafting a big winger this year and a center next year isn't a bad idea.

Wright is miles ahead of Slafkovsky. You draft BPA at 1, it's not even debatable. You don't draft a Winger this year because next year projects to have a lot of Centers in the Top 10, that's no how it works. You draft Wright because he's the best player available, not because he's a Center.
27 mai 2022 à 12 h 39
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Wright is miles ahead of Slafkovsky. You draft BPA at 1, it's not even debatable. You don't draft a Winger this year because next year projects to have a lot of Centers in the Top 10, that's no how it works. You draft Wright because he's the best player available, not because he's a Center.

I think Habs should and will draft Wright. However, i don't think there's miles of difference between him and Slafkovski.

I was just trying to use players projection to try and compare them.

If you had to choose between Suzuki or Svechnikov, who would you pick?
27 mai 2022 à 18 h 37
Quoting: LIRIK
I think Habs should and will draft Wright. However, i don't think there's miles of difference between him and Slafkovski.

I was just trying to use players projection to try and compare them.

If you had to choose between Suzuki or Svechnikov, who would you pick?

I don't see the Svechnikov and Suzuki comparisons at all so who I'd chose is irrelevant.

There is a big difference between Wright and Slafkovsky at the moment. Slafkovsky should be 4OA at best.
29 mai 2022 à 12 h 16
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,473

Not to mention his Liiga numbers

10 points in 31 regular season games

And 7 points in 18 playoff games

I think his success at the olympics was because the talent level of his competition was nauseating at best

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage