SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

Devils list for moving 2nd overall pick

24 mai 2022 à 10 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,339
Better yet, Devils might have to pay someone to take the pick. Maybe 4th to take the 1st?
HeadHighSauce a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2022 à 10 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,032
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I don't want Slavin. I am not asking for Slavin.

I was trying to come up with ideas for guys that our GM might be putting on their list.

And I can tell you firmly Slavin isn't going on any list. That would be like wanting Josi from Nashville.
24 mai 2022 à 11 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Caniac2000
And I can tell you firmly Slavin isn't going on any list. That would be like wanting Josi from Nashville.

Josi was too old to make the mock list.

But it’s pointless exercise because people just want to argue about the value of their teams players. And they seem to think Devils will take their cap dumps for the pick.

Whole point was to go out and get the guy that fits the best. Not just take other peoples garbage.
24 mai 2022 à 12 h 14
Josi was too old to make the mock list.

But it’s pointless exercise because people just want to argue about the value of their teams players. And they seem to think Devils will take their cap dumps for the pick.

Whole point was to go out and get the guy that fits the best. Not just take other peoples garbage.

You're not going to get core pieces of contenders under contract for 3+ years for the 2nd overall pick. Lower your expectations, because it is beyond ridiculous
24 mai 2022 à 12 h 16
Démarrer sujet
You're not going to get core pieces of contenders under contract for 3+ years for the 2nd overall pick. Lower your expectations, because it is beyond ridiculous

You haven’t heard my expectations.
24 mai 2022 à 12 h 21
You haven’t heard my expectations.

I've seen them. And they're beyond ludocrist.
24 mai 2022 à 12 h 36
Démarrer sujet
I've seen them. And they're beyond ludocrist.

“Beyond ludocrist”

I’ll just tell you. I’d say:

85% chance Devils keep the pick
7% chance they trade back a couple of spots
5% chance they trade back further
3% chance they trade outright for a player

In about ~3% of scenarios where they trade it for a player, it’s another team offering a guy we don’t think is possible for that pick. Will be a surprise to everyone. So yes, the list of possibilities will look “ludocrist” but that is really the only scenario where they move the pick outright.

Like I have said a zillion times. This is not about value. This is about narrowing the possibilities of long-tail events.
24 mai 2022 à 13 h 22
“Beyond ludocrist”

I’ll just tell you. I’d say:

85% chance Devils keep the pick
7% chance they trade back a couple of spots
5% chance they trade back further
3% chance they trade outright for a player

In about ~3% of scenarios where they trade it for a player, it’s another team offering a guy we don’t think is possible for that pick. Will be a surprise to everyone. So yes, the list of possibilities will look “ludocrist” but that is really the only scenario where they move the pick outright.

Like I have said a zillion times. This is not about value. This is about narrowing the possibilities of long-tail events.

But these aren't possibilities! This is what you're not understanding. None of this has a remote chance of happening! You're not getting core pieces of some of the leagues best teams for the 2nd overall. It's Complete BS. Devils likely hold the pick, yes. They trade back a little perhaps, but they're looking at moving it. At least TRY to show something that is REMOTELY possible. Svechnikov and Slavin is a joke. You couldn't get them for HUGHES, let alone the 2nd OA.
24 mai 2022 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
But these aren't possibilities! This is what you're not understanding. None of this has a remote chance of happening! You're not getting core pieces of some of the leagues best teams for the 2nd overall. It's Complete BS. Devils likely hold the pick, yes. They trade back a little perhaps, but they're looking at moving it. At least TRY to show something that is REMOTELY possible. Svechnikov and Slavin is a joke. You couldn't get them for HUGHES, let alone the 2nd OA.

We don’t need the pick to be valued equally to all the players for all the teams. It would just be one player from one team.

It’s not like 31 teams vote on the value of a pick and they all agree. It is not a perfect market. Imperfection = profit.

If we made a list of all guys that fit the consensus value, none of them would be worth it.

Look at it this way. Make an ACGM saying to all 31 teams, asking them to give their best offer for #2 overall. If Devils were to accept the average offer, it won’t come close to those top guys. But we wouldn’t care about 30-out-of-31 of them. We only need the best one.
24 mai 2022 à 18 h 29
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Credit to Devil for coming up with the idea.

Unfortunate that I didn't get to see the list
24 mai 2022 à 19 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Devil
Unfortunate that I didn't get to see the list

I was told it was “ ludocrist”
Basically the top 45 or so guys that fit Fitzy’s wishlist and we’re 28 and younger.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage