SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Revamped Mock Draft

Revamped Mock Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 23 mai 2022 à 19 h 48
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal shouldn't overthink this one in the slightest.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-I think the Devils one of the Slovak players: either Slafkovsky or Nemec. Slafkovsky is currently point per game in the World Championship, I don't see him being a bust like some people on this site think.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-I value Cooley high on my rankings, he's at No. 2 on my list. So in all honesty the Coyotes shouldn't overthink this one. I do think Nemec is a better pick, but I don't see Cooley falling any lower than 3rd.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-I think Ron Francis will go back to his normal routes and draft defenseman. I am very high on Beniers, so Nemec can be their future No. 1 defenseman. Will be NHL ready as soon as next season starts.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-This is a wildcard selection for the top 5, Savoie is a very dynamic playmaker and has solid four-way agility. Can be a solid Giroux replacement during day 1 of his NHL time.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoColumbus shouldn't overthink this one. With Jones gone, the Blue Jacket should consider looking for a No. 1 defenseman. Jiricek can be that guy, according to my rankings this is a drop for him. He's No. 4 on my list so to get him at 6th is outstanding.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-I just have a gut feeling that Ottawa will go for a reach again this year, like they have the previous three years. I will get a lot of hate for this pick, Chelsey is 27th on my draft board, but he's also the best defensive defenseman in the draft. You can't count on Forsberg to steal you wins.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Detroit could go two ways with this pick: center or LD. RD is a possibility, but they have Seider who is still young and Wallinder in the system. I think they still go defense because the Red Wings were better offensively than defensively. They already have Edvinsson on LD they add another one in Mateychuk. Solid stay-at-home defenseman, has the tools to become a legit top 2 defenseman.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-McGroarty may be not be a full-time Eichel replacement, but is still a complete two-way center with low-end 1st line potential.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Anaheim shouldn't overthink this one. A line of McTavish, Zegras, and Kemell would be a fantasy and dangerous against other teams.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-San Jose grabs Eklund's linemate in Lekkerimaki. Simple as that, also a steal as I value Lekkerimaki very high on my rankings. He's No. 9 on my list, so to grab him at 11th is a win-win situation.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Columbus continues what they do best: drafting Russians and turning them into steals. I see Yurov as a future top 5 player in this draft within a few seasons.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-This is a cool storyline pick here, Lambert's uncle is the new coach for the Islanders. Since that's the case, I don't think the biggest boom or bust pick of the draft will be a bust in Long Island. Lambert is also high-valued as the best skater in the draft.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The Jets get a steal in Nazar. I see him as the future 2C behind Dubois in the near future. A future line of Lucius and Nazar would be flashy and dangerous.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-This is where Mintyukov goes. The Canucks don't have much prospects at LD so they grab the best available. Just Rathbone doesn't make good depth.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasI don't see Korchinski falling any further than this. I've seen Dahlin play the right side before, so he can pair up with Power. Korchinski would the main piece of Buffalo's future second pair.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Predators need some elite scorers in their top 6, Duchene is close to becoming a veteran, currently in his prime. Gauthier is a steal at 17th.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars don't have much RD prospects, Nelson would be a decent start.
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Even though LA has a deep prospect pool, they don't have much LW depth. Howard is a solid wildcard pick for the top 15.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-I don't see Geekie falling any further than this. With Backstrom contemplating retirement and the rumors of Kuznetsov potentially getting traded, the Caps should invest in another center. I like Lapierre, but Geekie's ceiling is much better.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-The Penguins are a deep team, so they go BPA.
22Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Just imagine a formidable top pair of Hutson and Bouchard. Hutson's size may be lacking at 5'8'', but he checks all the boxes to become a legit top 4 defenseman.
23Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonA project pick for sure, but this deepens the Ducks defensive core. You can't count on Gibson to win you games.
24Logo de Blues de St-Louis-A big reach here as Casey is 32nd in my rankings, but the best available RD at this point. RD depth behind Parayko is very thin.
25Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-The Lightning are pretty much a dynasty, so they should grab the best player available. According to my rankings, its Dumais. Undersized, but has insane playmaking skills and skating.
26Logo de Rangers de New York-The Rangers need LD behind Miller. Bichsel is the best available one. He's got size and an amazing defensive toolkit. Offensive upside is a question mark, but I see Bichsel as a future top 4 defender.
27Logo de Wild du Minnesota-I think the Wild go two ways with this pick. Either C or RD. It would be a reach to select the best RD available at this point, so I think the Wild go with a center. I love the potential of Rossi, but behind him would be Kulich. Had an insane U18 tournament and he plays with a lot of competitiveness.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Toronto needs to learn that offense only doesn't win you games. They really should go defense here, before I said its a reach but Toronto is deep. I think the best defenseman available is Forsmark.
29Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryI don't see Kasper falling any further.
30Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThe Coyotes go with the overaged Robertson, they need a player to get excited over.
31Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoArizona hasn't drafted defenseman, so they take the best available in Luneau.
32Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideWith their third pick of the first round, Buffalo goes BPA. According to my rankings, its Ohgren.
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 49
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
power forward
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
power forward
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
power forward
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
power forward
TheMooterus a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2022 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2022 à 20 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 469
Speaking this into existence for MTL
Z0ra a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2022 à 20 h 23
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Top 6 looks pretty good (I don't know too much after that)

I'm pretty conflicted on who the Devils would take. All depends if Fitz goes big name hunting (Johnny Hockey/Fiala)
23 mai 2022 à 20 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,314
7. Chesley, Ryan

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Chesley gets taken that high.
There always seems to be a footnote on Chesley.
While he'll get ranked in the teens or 20's, there is often note saying, in one way or another, "but some scouts have him in their top-10...or some scouts have him among top-3 dmen".

To anyone who didn't watch much of NTDP play, its hard to overstate how much Chesley and Hutson stood out to the eye.
When I see Casey ranked above them, it is a little perplexing to me.

I believe the top-5 d-man will be

Nemec
Jiricek
Chesley
Pickering
Mintyukov

All before pick 15.
JustanIdea a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2022 à 0 h 14
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
7. Chesley, Ryan

While he'll get ranked in the teens or 20's, there is often note saying, in one way or another, "but some scouts have him in their top-10...or some scouts have him among top-3 dmen".

To anyone who didn't watch much of NTDP play, its hard to overstate how much Chesley and Hutson stood out to the eye.

Nemec
Jiricek
Chesley
Pickering
Mintyukov

All before pick 15.

Yea Chelsey's a wildcard for top 10. Hands down best defensive defenseman in the draft.

Also I do agree with your point about Casey. He was clearly outplayed by Chelsey and Hutson.
24 mai 2022 à 0 h 16
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Quoting: Devil
Top 6 looks pretty good (I don't know too much after that)

I'm pretty conflicted on who the Devils would take. All depends if Fitz goes big name hunting (Johnny Hockey/Fiala)

Yea after the top 6, its really interesting. I except an off-the-board pick after that.
24 mai 2022 à 7 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Gauhtier>Yurov
24 mai 2022 à 9 h 58
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
7. Chesley, Ryan

Nemec
Jiricek
Chesley
Pickering
Mintyukov

All before pick 15.

Chesley may be the safest bet to be a top 4 in the NHL with Nemec's defensive woes and Jiricek knee injuries. Ryan does most of the things to be a number 4 on any team, if he gets his offense going he could be a number 3.
24 mai 2022 à 11 h 59
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Canucks LD looks like
Hughes
OEL
Rathbone
You’re underrating Rathbone. He’s an elite prospect. If Mint is BPA then I guess he’s picked but no way is he getting picked due to position
24 mai 2022 à 12 h 5
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,732
Where are you seeing Kuzy trade rumors? Last year makes sense but he came back to great form this year and I can't see Washington trading him now, especially with Backstrom's injury concerns. I'm not really against picking Geekie if the Caps think he can move to the wing, but Washington lacks any sort of punch in the LW part of the prospect pool. Defense could be another way to go here as well.
24 mai 2022 à 14 h 51
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Quoting: ColonelX
Chesley may be the safest bet to be a top 4 in the NHL with Nemec's defensive woes and Jiricek knee injuries. Ryan does most of the things to be a number 4 on any team, if he gets his offense going he could be a number 3.

Which defensive woes? Nemec is by far the better defensive player of the two (him and Jiříček). If anyone, Jiříček has some defensive issues.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 mai 2022 à 14 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
7. Chesley, Ryan

Nemec
Jiricek
Chesley
Pickering
Mintyukov

All before pick 15.

I agree with everything but Mateychuk should be among the top 5.
25 mai 2022 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,222
What rumors of Kuzy being traded? GM and coach came out at the end of the season praising him for hi turnaround. Maybe last summer he would have but not anymore.
25 mai 2022 à 16 h 19
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Jordan Dumais ranked 73rd by NHL central scouting of NA skaters - You obviously see something in him that outpaces his small stature and no one sees him as a 1st rounder in any drafts I have seen - Yes a sleeper but not 1st round as that's a reach

Tucker Robertson is not 1st round - you do present something different but that is a large reach based on McKeens or central scouting rankings

Same on Simon Forsmark - - would propose Calle Odellus or Ty Nelson / Luneau or Salmonsson if you are looking for a d-men

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage