Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #4 - And Then There Were Eight

22 mai 2022 à 16 h 22
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEvNyo9n_pmI8axkrUVqXjuZfALsM5U1hH1A&usqp=CAU

Guys Jonathan Huberdeau just called!
A_Habs_fan, Hurricanes_WPG, CoopsTroops and 9 others a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 25
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,074
Quoting: Sklikly
That's a lot of talking about someone you dont waste your time thinking about.

Oh, you mean right in the middle of a discussion about the player, after you make an assertion regarding my attention paid to said player? Oh heavens to Betsy, you caught me red-handed!

"/

However, since I departed this thread until I returned to CF to see a notification about your reply? Not one single nano-second. Even though I thought plenty about the Blues and the series.
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 26
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
So, Panthers have to start Knight tomorrow, right?

Bob hasn't been their problem, but they have to switch something up.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Devil
FTYf5CqXsAEHJpi?format=jpg&name=medium

Tampa you had one job

Just imagine the 0% memes that could have happened
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Shut out for Vasilevski tomorrow night to close out the series
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 47
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Shut out for Vasilevski tomorrow night to close out the series

man tampa can get a nice rest if they close this out tomorrow
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Deangelo has his stick knocked out of his hands and the rangers score right after. Lol what a bunch of rigged bull

And these ESPN announcers can slurp my discharge
22 mai 2022 à 16 h 52
Oof Igor gonna want that back
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I’d agree with this, the Panthers are not playing with nearly enough urgency imo, Weegar has been especially bad this series

With the way hes been playing since January man could Weegar be on the hot seat. As if this team wants to win could they look at him rn and go we need an upgrade. Unless that is he finds his 2020-2021 form

Now going to Florida, Tampa is fully exposing the issues I saw out of them during the reg season. Defense and Goaltending to me were gonna be big question marks as scoring your way out of problems does not always fix things. Sure they have come back before but in the playoffs comebacks dont happen every game.
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 5
LOL

That’s interface but slashing a guys stick leading directly to a goal isn’t
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 52
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: AndrewLadd
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEvNyo9n_pmI8axkrUVqXjuZfALsM5U1hH1A&usqp=CAU

Guys Jonathan Huberdeau just called!

I’d give it less than a 50% Zito re-signs him when his contract is up after 22-23 season. He’s an elite player but he’s been terrible in the playoffs and I don’t see the panthers committing 7 years and 9-10 mill to a 30 YO
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
I’d give it less than a 50% Zito re-signs him when his contract is up after 22-23 season. He’s an elite player but he’s been terrible in the playoffs and I don’t see the panthers committing 7 years and 9-10 mill to a 30 YO

The problem is if he goes who do you replace him with. Hes an elite playmaker who makes guys he plays with better. Or as some like to call him the LW Marner

That said if you watch Huberdeau's play and listen to his comments about the losses especially this one man idk how you have confidence in him. As it just seems like hes at a loss for what to do which for a guy who should be one of the role models yeah not a good look.

But hey if he goes to open market man its gonna be a bidding war. As teams wanting an elite playmaker to complete their rosters will be lining up.

To bad for the money as Huberdeau would be perfect on Toronto's 2nd line with Tavares.
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: DirtyDangle
man tampa can get a nice rest if they close this out tomorrow

Yea, and no update on Point yet right? So if they can sit for a week, Kucherov and Point heal, seems like Kucherov is hurt idk though, and you come into the series against Carolina almost fully healed... That's a scary thought.
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 11
Quoting: aadoyle
The problem is if he goes who do you replace him with. Hes an elite playmaker who makes guys he plays with better. Or as some like to call him the LW Marner

That said if you watch Huberdeau's play and listen to his comments about the losses especially this one man idk how you have confidence in him. As it just seems like hes at a loss for what to do which for a guy who should be one of the role models yeah not a good look.

But hey if he goes to open market man its gonna be a bidding war. As teams wanting an elite playmaker to complete their rosters will be lining up.

To bad for the money as Huberdeau would be perfect on Toronto's 2nd line with Tavares.

Huberdeau still has 1 more year left at a bargain 5.9 mill He might be elite for the 1st year of his new deal (his age 30 season) but he’s going to regress. It’s going to be an albatross contract by year 2 or 3.

Floridas top 6 right now in 23-24 looks like this

Verhaeghe-Barkov-?
? - Lundell-Reinhart

I would trust Zito to exploit a market inefficiency and acquire an undervalued top line talent. Lundell will be in his prime by than and Florida will have two 1Cs.
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 18
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,139
Awww Gerard Mr. Potato Head Gallant doesn’t like it when other teams mix it up with his goons. Max Domi should get a fruit basket from Rakell
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Lmfao all y’all really picked Florida to go to the finals.. crazy.
DirtyDangle, SevenLeg et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 54
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: yikes
csick hope all is well (and anyone else I that area)

Ottawa and Quebec/ Gatineau got dumpstered by a massive storm/ mini tornado

Not in my area!
Small thunder storm, but nothing major
yikes a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 57
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: CoopsTroops
So, Panthers have to start Knight tomorrow, right?

Bob hasn't been their problem, but they have to switch something up.

They have to play Jumbo
Potential final NHL game
Knight isn't starting as Bob hasn't been the problem
It's one of those times when you say
" idk anymore what to do, just play, just win"
22 mai 2022 à 18 h 59
v5 Minnesota GM
With the way hes been playing since January man could Weegar be on the hot seat. As if this team wants to win could they look at him rn and go we need an upgrade. Unless that is he finds his 2020-2021 form

Now going to Florida, Tampa is fully exposing the issues I saw out of them during the reg season. Defense and Goaltending to me were gonna be big question marks as scoring your way out of problems does not always fix things. Sure they have come back before but in the playoffs comebacks dont happen every game.

Yeah, I don't think they should trade Weegar
But he's a perfect #3, he shouldn't be playing top pair
Florida should've used their assests up on Jakob Chychrun or Ivan Provorov
Not rentals Claude Giroux and Ben Chiarot
Just baffling
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 0
v5 Minnesota GM

Pulijujarvi- Suzuki - Caufield
Huberdeau - Wright - Anderson

It's gonna happen
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 22 mai 2022 à 19 h 26

Yeah despite their season never saw Florida going far in the playoffs

I know they won round 1 but lets be real

Washington was 2 plays away from ending their playoffs before Tampa is about to on Monday it was that ugly for them.

As remember Washington missed the empty net allowing Florida to tie then the next game blew a 3 goal lead or something

Now in this series Florida is just getting exposed by the big brother who just wants it more but unlike in the Washington series they got nothing left to bail them out. The fact Toronto put up a better fight both highlights why the run it back makes sense but also adds to the WHAT IF side of things
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 10
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761

yup. i didn't realize they were a paper tiger.
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 15

They have it all, I honestly don’t know what Id change next season. Goaltending hasn’t been an issue, they are deep at center, multiple elite wings. They have defenseman who are are elite offensively as well as shutdown defenseman.

Tampa is just insane.
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 26
EklundCelebriniSmith
Yeah despite their season never saw Florida going far in the playoffs

I know they won round 1 but lets be real

Washington was 2 plays away from ending their playoffs before Tampa is about to on Monday it was that ugly for them.

As remember Washington missed the empty net allowing Florida to tie then the next game blew a 3 goal lead or something

Now in this series Florida is just getting exposed by the big brother who just wants it more but unlike in the Washington series they got nothing left to bail them out. The fact Toronto put up a better fight both highlights why the run it back makes sense but at the same time is also saddening

Quoting: DirtyDangle
yup. i didn't realize they were a paper tiger.

Quoting: Db1899
They have it all, I honestly don’t know what Id change next season. Goaltending hasn’t been an issue, they are deep at center, multiple elite wings. They have defenseman who are are elite offensively as well as shutdown defenseman.

Tampa is just insane.

I said it before but their defensive metrics weren’t good. One of the highest turnover teams and a few others I can’t remember; from before the first round.

They were good everywhere but preventing offence/ playing a good defence.

But I will say I didn’t see their team being ghosts.

I never had faith in them going far but man if they get swept… idk. I think they may pull out a game 4 win but there was no shot in my mind that Vasi would lose a battle of Florida/ “sunshine showdown”
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
22 mai 2022 à 19 h 28
EklundCelebriniSmith
I said it round one; whomever won the Leafs Lightning series would win the conference.

I don’t see NYR being a challenge, Carolina is the only threat to the threepeat.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage